Thursday, Dec 21, 2006
* Obama’s record
* NBC5: In what he called one of the toughest votes — and one that could become a presidential issue — Obama voted against a bill allowing gun owners to claim self-defense when using their own gun in their own home. He said he worried it would take away local governments’ right to regulate themselves.
* A third in U.S. still haven’t heard of Obama
* The ‘swiftboating‘ of Obama?
* Sneed: …the feds may be delivering an early Christmas present to one of Gov. Blagojevich’s closest pals. Stay tuned.
* Ice Bar’s mob links
* Could Stroger cuts cost county more?
* IDOT says wait till next storm
* Ex-DCFS director hired by Chicago Public Schools
* Judge shifts millions in wrongful-death award from family to state agency
* Des Plaines sues ComEd to get a look at records
* Declining classified ad revenues at the Chicago Reader are forcing the free weekly newspaper to consider job cuts.
* Madison County looks to state for money to extend Governors’ Parkway
* Trustees, not Congress, will decide Chief’s future