New Rasmussen poll shows governor sinking like a stone *** Transit riders threaten to abandon system *** Voters unhappy with gaming solution *** Happy with their health insurance
Wednesday, Oct 24, 2007
* Rasmussen’s latest Illinois poll is out.
Survey of 500 likely Illinois voters taken October 17, 2007. Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 4.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence…
* BUSH TOTALS: 31% good or excellent… 68% fair or poor… (32 and 67 in Rasmussen’s August poll)
2 - How do you rate the way that Rod Blagojevich is performing his role as Governor?
1% Not Sure
* BLAGOJEVICH TOTALS: 16% good or excellent… 83% fair or poor… (22 and 78 in Rasmussen’s August poll)
Oof. Could it get any worse for the governor? Now he’s polling much worse than Bush, and dropping like a stone. Wow.
* Now, on to gaming and mass transit…
Folks aren’t happy with gaming expansion for transit, and very big percentages threaten to abandon public transportation if a fare increase is enacted, as House GOP Leader Tom Cross and some Senate Republicans are suggesting. Not surprising.
* Also, according to the poll, 91 percent say they have health insurance, which is a lot more than what’s usually reported. Of those who say they have insurance, 40% rted their coverage as “Excellent,” 35% said it was “Good,” 20% said “Fair” and 4% rated it “Poor,” while 0% were not sure.
…Adding… Oops. I forgot to post the presidential numbers for Illinois. Click the pics for a larger view.
* Greg Blankenship of the Illinois Policy Institute makes a good point in comments about the health insurance results…