Evening updates - Reform bill passes House
Sunday, May 31, 2009
* 7:00 pm - The Senate is basically just spinning its wheels while the House moves bills. “We’re waiting for those dummies in the House,” explained one state Senator.
Fittingly, House debate on the campaign reform bill has stalled at the moment because of a problem with the microphone system.
* 7:04 pm - The House mics are working again.
Over in the Senate, Sen. Rickey Hendon spent several minutes lambasting fellow Democratic Sen. Susan Garret during debate on a Garrett bill. Hendon’s comments were in retaliation for Garrett’s vote on the tax hike last night. Garrett is a member of leadership.
* 7:10 pm - The Daily Herald makes a good point about the Senate-approved gaming bill. It can’t be voted on by midnight….
* Don’t forget, I’m posting on Twitter as well.
* 7:20 pm - Gov. Quinn will have a press conference in 10 minutes. We’ll have a report and some video in due time.
* 7:35 pm - 64-46-8 on campaign finance reform bill, but there’s been a request for a verification.
[Quinn press conference items have been moved to this post.]