Quinn dodges and weaves but threatens veto again - Cross explains a strange Quinn demand ***Updated multiple times with video***
Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009
* 4:56 pm - Gov Quinn, speaking to reporters, just repeated his vow to veto a partial budget.
“Partial budgets are not what adults do.”
The guv did say he didn’t think a temporary budget was going to happen.
But Quinn ducked and dodged and would not directly say he wouuld veto a budget without a tax hike even when asked several times.
Quinn also dodged a direct question about a special session, if any and about when he absolutely had to have a budget to avoid a shutdown.
“I don’t want to talk about tomorrow until we finish today.”
We’ll have video later.
Tom Cross’ pressed is soon.
* 5:14 pm - Cross wouldn’t say yet whether he would support an override of any budget veto, saying he hadn’t had a chance to speak with his caucus.
*** Cross just said the guv has asked that a budget extension for 30 days be based on Quinn’s introduced level - which would assume revenues for a tax hike. Amazing.
* 6:00 pm - Leader Radogno held a press availability and, among other things, discussed the lack of agreement regarding a 30-day budget as well as the true size of the budget deficit. Watch…
* 6:13 pm - For your viewing pleasure, here is the entire presser with Leader Cross…
* 6:33 pm - Here is video of all of Leader Radogno’s comments from the presser…
* 7:11 pm - As promised, here is some video from the press availability Quinn held earlier today. The video is only of the Q & A portion of the presser and is broken into 2 parts. Part 2 is still uploading to YouTube, but here is part 1…
* 7:48 pm - Sorry for the delay, we are having some problems with the internet in the Capitol. Here is part 2 of the Q & A from Quinn’s presser…