Posted by Barton Lorimor (@bartonlorimor)
From Kirk Dillard’s Twitter feed…
If you dropped by yesterday, then you know Rutherford confirmed via his Twitter that he will formally name Steve Kim as his running mate later this week.
* Rich has already addressed this issue…
Last week, calls went out to voters elsewhere in the state inquiring about the support for Rep. Adam Kinzinger possibly making a bid for the governor’s mansion.
The Channahon Republican’s camp has been quiet about the calls — which, we’d stress, do not definitely come from them. In fact, a spokesperson with his campaign operation didn’t even return a phone call from us.
But, closed lips or not, it got us thinking here. The prospects of a Kinzinger bid would seem to be good just based on the evidence.
* Rutherford names attorney as lieutenant governor pick
* Dillard Picks Rep. Tracy for Lieutenant Governor
* Two GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Announce Running Mates
* SIU grad likely Lt. Gov. candidate
* Candidates for Gov. to Choose Running Mates
* Candidates For Illinois Governor Can Circulate Petitions for 2014
* Voice of the Southern: Ask what candidates will do for the budget
* Labor Day marks start of Illinois’ 2014 campaigns
* On Labor Day, Candidates For Governor Kick Campaigns Into Gear