Rauner talks about his prospects and comparisons to Romney

Wednesday, Oct 30, 2013

* Bruce Rauner was interviewed on WJBC radio the other day. Listen to the whole thing…

* A couple of things stood out for me. He is apparently convinced that if he spends enough money and attends enough events, he will win this race.

According to Rauner, his polling shows him ahead by 20 points among people who’ve been exposed to his ads or seen him speak.

If he’s convinced of that, then we can expect a lot more spending.

A lot.

* He was also asked how he differed from failed presidential candidate Mitt Romney, another rich guy in a similar business. His response…

“He was an analyst, I’m a salesman.”

Good point.

* He continued…

“I’m not Mitt Romney. You know, my grandparents lived in a double-wide trailer and didn’t speak much English. I drink a beer and I smoke a cigar and I ride a Harley, I use a gun, I’m a self-made guy. I still do ranching and farming myself and I come from a small-town farming family. I’m a very different person and I’m connecting with the voters and we’re going to win this race.”

1. - x ace - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 12:54 pm:

” Salesman ” - So was Yellow Kid Wiel

2. - Mason born - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 12:55 pm:

Rauner translated

“Who you gonna believe me or your lying eyes”

3. - Chavez-respecting Obamist - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 12:55 pm:

4. - Chavez-respecting Obamist - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 12:55 pm:

And Willard’s dad was born in Mexico.

5. - Midstate Indy - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 12:57 pm:

“I use a gun” honestly makes me thinks hitman, not everyman sportsman/hunter.

6. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:07 pm:

Salesman …where have I heard that before …

“He will be attractive! He’ll be nice and helpful. He’ll get a job where he leads a great Illinois. He’ll never do an evil thing! He’ll never deliberately hurt a living thing… he will just bit by little bit lower our standards where they are important. Just a tiny little bit. Just coax along flash over substance. Just a tiny little bit. And he’ll talk about all of us really being salesmen…”

I am mocking, ok … if you take the quote as 100% without the intent, that is on you, not me.

7. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:10 pm:

–I come from a small-town farming family–

If, by that, you mean growing tomatoes in the backyard in Deerfield when you were a kid.

This guy cracks me up.

8. - reformer - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:11 pm:

If he really wants to distinguish himself from Romney, Rauner could come out for raising the IL estate tax on millionaires in order to bring in more revenue. I doubt anyone will hold his breath waiting for that to happen. It’s fair to say Rauner and Romney both oppose the principle that taxation should be based upon ability to pay.

9. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:14 pm:

Personally, I’m quite tired of the “When I was a little itty beety…” pronouncements. Everyone seems to be making them nowadays as if people don’t know how to put each one into the correct context–which often evidences the exact opposite of what they’re trying to claim.

The “I’m a salesman, not an analyst” bit is intriguing though. Wonder where he’s going to go with that one.

10. - JAFTC - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:16 pm:

==“He was an analyst, I’m a salesman.”==

Umm, Bruce, Romney was a Governor elected in a blue state. Why would you want be seen as different from that?

11. - PublicServant - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:18 pm:

Bruce us different from Romney, he thinks only 46% of us are takers.

12. - MIghty M. Mouse - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:19 pm:

What is Bruce Rauner’s position on releasing his tax returns? Romney had a big problem with that, grudgingly releasing only one return, as I recall.

It has been said that Romney didn’t want people to know that he wasn’t just a millionaire but was actually a billionaire, and he was afraid people would find that fact just too hard to relate to.

13. - Lord Stanley's Cup - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:23 pm:

I’m surprised we haven’t seen any horse race polling on this race. Rauner obviously has been doing it based on his comments and he couches it above in a way to suggest while voters like him when they hear his message, not enough of them yet have heard it.

14. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:28 pm:

=…and he was afraid people would find that fact just too hard to relate to.”

And there’s the problem with many of those who have money and run for office. If you think you can’t relate or that your audience will believe you can’t and/or see through your well-rehearsed “talking points” about your background, then you probably won’t win–no matter what.

Hard to believe that the days of the wealthy who actually could relate and cared about what the average American was experiencing are over. But then, they were the OTHER kind of “globalists.”

15. - Darienite - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:33 pm:

==”I drink a beer and I smoke a cigar…..”==
    Somehow I doubt they are Busch and a Swisher Sweet.

16. - Veritas - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:42 pm:

Romney’s FATHER sold goods out of the trunk of his car.

17. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:50 pm:

So what? Even decades ago, “globalists” managed to swing win/winmore deals favoring the US–AND beat Prince Charles’ and the Maharaja’s bumbs playing polo.

Generally speaking, much more impressive than what Romney and his father did and now do.

18. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:51 pm:

Sorry. That obviously should have been “beat Prince Charles’ and the Maharaja’s BUMs playing polo.”

19. - Archiesmom - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 1:57 pm:

Romney’s polls also showed him winning the 2016 race. And now he’s on the daytime talk show circuit with Ann hawking the family cookbook.

Rainer may be smarter; but he’s going to have to get through the bruising primary, which will give Quinn additional fodder - if Rauner makes it through the primary. And if Rauner thinks he can out-populist Quinn in the public eye, I wish him luck and a massive amount of cash. Because despite what many political insiders think of him, there are a whole lot of people who gave approved of Quinn’s maneuvers.

20. - Knome Sane - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 2:06 pm:

“And I count my gold bars one at a time”.

21. - TJ - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 2:08 pm:

The less time he compares himself to Romney, the better for him.

22. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 2:12 pm:

–What is Bruce Rauner’s position on releasing his tax returns?–

Who’s going to take the lead on that and when will they do it? Could be some real red meat there.

I know Brady was hesitant last time because he took a business loss so didn’t have a tax liability. He got whacked like everyone else in the housing bubble, so I don’t think he should be shy about it this time.

I would shoot for five years from Rauner. That way, if he shed some dodges the last couple of years in anticipation of a run, they’d show up in the earlier years.

23. - CircularFiringSquad - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 2:18 pm:

Good to see the tax return question coming up again. Get enough years to Lite Gov Whiplash to a charity deduction for her donated “fall” settlement

24. - Judgment Day - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 2:21 pm:

To take a contrarian viewpoint to most of the comments, Rauner is obviously sticking to his ’sales’ origin. And doing it pretty well.

He’s focusing on a very precise message (only a few points) that has broad appeal, and strikes home. Agree with it or not.

He’s working to stay away from social issue ‘furballs’ that will cast him in an adversarial viewpoint.

The entire salesman persona isn’t a bad choice for IL governor. You won’t get the “I’m The Governor!” routine at every opportunity. Good sales pukes don’t operate that way, because it corrodes the business atmosphere. Gets you nowhere.

I get that most of the pro’s and activists don’t like the guy. But don’t underestimate the effect of his sales ability on the electorate.

25. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 2:38 pm:

Yes, Judgment Day. That needs to be his story and he needs to make sure he sticks to it.

*unsuccessfully tries to suppress a laugh with a cough and then decides to quietly leave the thread so as to ‘not disturb the others’*

26. - A guy... - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 2:41 pm:

A summary to date:
    He’s a rich guy who has raised a lot of money despite that.
    He got his petitions right.
    He doesn’t talk about a job he had 20 years ago as the only Chief of Staff in history who actually ran the state while the governor let him.
    On the populist front when a General Election rolls around, it’s hard to discount how many disgruntled Dems might just vote for him i.e. the same Dems who very well may have voted for Bill Daley. In a state where 51-49 is a landslide, you never know. He’s certainly the guy showing the most composure at the moment.

27. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 3:02 pm:

*peeks in*

=He’s got his flaws, but getting off message isn’t one of them. He’s speaking over the crowd here that doesn’t like him.=

Yes! Yes! What beer-drinking, ceegar-smoking, Harley-riding “Cinderella” story Rebel!

*Leaves again hoping this is what all that money being spent on trying to find the right things to say keeps working*

28. - Eugene - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 3:09 pm:

There are a lot of disgruntled Dems, thanks to the execrable record of PQ. But they are not going to vote for Rauner. They may stay home, though if Rauner sticks with his class warrior for the rich rhetoric he may just motivate Dem voters to come out and vote against him. This guy does not have populist appeal, no matter how much money he spends. A super rich guy from the financial sector, a guy who clouted his kid into an elite school, a guy who paid a corrupt lobbyist big bucks to get himself some state business? No, if they nominate Rauner, the Republicans will just continue their proud tradition of nominating candidates so bad that they can’t even defeat a very unpopular Democrat.

29. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 3:58 pm:

===On the populist front when a General Election rolls around, it’s hard to discount how many disgruntled Dems might just vote for him i.e. the same Dems who very well may have voted for Bill Daley===

lol, I guess the Unions that taught Bill Brady are now going to go with the guy who is going to make Illinois, Wisconsin? No way, no how. You think the unions mobilized against Bill Brady donwstate, imagine the Unions all over the state “shaking up” the field aparatus to defeat the Payton Prep Clouter.

Not even close.

Rauner is a “fraud in presentation”; He is an elitist, and - Eugene - really nailed and framed the Rauner arguement very well.

Payton Prep Clouter Bruce Rauner is going to try to spend till the cows come home and “sell” his narrative of who he WANTS apeople to think he is, versus the 7 or 8 houses all over the counrty, the Clouting of a Denied Daughter from Winnetka, denying a child an opportunity at a better life, becuase Rauner is about Rauner, and Rauner only.

Add in his Ambulance-chasing “Slip and Sue” Lt. Governor choice, once Rauner can’t sell his “fraud in presentation”, and is seen as Rahm Emanuel’s vacation buddy, Rich Daley’s friend in clout, and one of the largest donors to Rich Daley AND Rahm Emanuel …through the Primary or not, Unions and downstaters will not flock to a guy who lives one way, and prenteds to live another way.

30. - A guy... - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 4:11 pm:

One race at a time Willie. I was going to mention the Clouting, but I knew you’d get to it. lol. It took a lot more than “unions” for Quinn to defeat Brady (or Brady defeat himself?) There are Independents and Soft D’s that this guy will appeal to. The real question is whether the Brady, Dillard, Rutherford Hard R’s will support him in big enough numbers if he wins the primary. Quinn’s a lot of things, but he’s not “easy to hate” for partisan reasons. I still think the whole “slip and sue” moniker is beneath you. I doubt that will matter, but I do want to go on record. Jil Tracy should have run for Gov. She’d have CF most illustrious commenter supporting her. She’s the only person you seem to have any regard for in this mix.

31. - votecounter - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 4:19 pm:

Judgement day
    It’s a primary! Pro’s and activists are the constituency! You have to make it to the general to get to the regular people and you can’t get there without the base. You know there is trouble when he parses his polling claims.
    The last time I saw Rauner speak he used almost the same line but he said “I’m leading by 20 points with people who have seen me speak.” Not the exposed to my message. I don’t know if that is new or he just left it out the 3 times I saw him.
    If Rauner’s is polling, (I would think it’s at least weekly), it means he still has not caught Brady! (who last time I saw was at 21%) If he was, you know they would leak it to make Brady’s people see the futility of supporting him. 3 million under 20%? I wonder how big a piece the campaign guys get for the commercial buys?

32. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 4:26 pm:

=The real question is whether the Brady, Dillard, Rutherford Hard R’s will support him in big enough numbers if he wins the primary. =

I’m still trying to figure out why some Conservative leaders are rumored to be supporting him.

33. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 4:27 pm:

And that’s “Conservative”–social and otherwise.

34. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 4:27 pm:

===There are Independents and Soft D’s that this guy will appeal to.===

Who is going to work Election Day for Rauner?

PPC can’t even put together a decent “fly-around” to get people to just show up, for Bruce Rauner. He touts all these people he meets. Payton Prep Clouter meets these people at other people’s events. The guy is a mile worth of $100 high, and paper thin support statewide. Remember, the lack of Field Organization doomed Bill Brady, and it will sink PPC against the Unions, all unions, mobilized against PPC, which will incluse teacher’s unions, maybe even teachers from Payton Prep, who taught his Denied, Clouted daughter ….

===I still think the whole “slip and sue” moniker is beneath you. I doubt that will matter, but I do want to go on record.===

Who sues all the groups “Slip and Sue” sues and then … magically… decides that money is nothing? Either she is a pool excuse for an attorney, or incredibly ignorant about perception until its too late.

What “corruption” did the Offcier of the Court, “Slip and Sue”, see, but didin’t report, or didn’t see, but wanted to report, or never saw, never reported it, but wanted to throw those who gave her a job with Jim Ryan under the bus, selling her soul to PPC. Pick a lane, but don’t pic too quick, “Slip and Sue”, you may fall and have to sue Bruce Rauner.

===Jil Tracy should have run for Gov. … She’s the only person you seem to have any regard for in this mix.===

Jil Tracy is, right now of all the announced LGs, the most qualifed to be governor, and could take over if the need arised and BE governor. You think Maria “8 precinct” Rodriguez can run the 5th largest state?

You think Steve “Oh! THAT guy,” Kim, is prepared to face Cullerton and Madigan as a Co-Equal in Government?

The job is to be able to step in to be Governor. Jil is qualified to do that, and far more qualifed than Maria, then Steve, and “Slip and Sue” too.

35. - Langhorne - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 4:35 pm:

“Hes ahead by those who have heard him speak or seen his ads.” Thats fine for a sales pitch. And might have some relevance in a general.

But we need to talk about republican primary voters who actually show up on a cold march day and vote. Nothing he has pitched has been seriously challenged. He has yet to pitch one plausible idea.

Who in the GA is with him? Who is going to sign on to bulldoze the dirt?

Until we see polling details, it may just be the popularity of buzzword themes. Eventually there has to be something really there.

36. - Samurai - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 4:48 pm:

Longhorn–He has the support of Dan Duffy, probably Dave McSweeney for starters.

37. - A guy... - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 4:50 pm:

Willie, one of us will be wrong eventually, but I think you’ve got a blind spot in this case. Granted I’m not visiting precincts downstate or in Oswego, or in Chicago, but he’s resonating in places I’m visiting where other guys should have it locked down. I remain undecided, but at this point it’s down to the 2 R’s. Brady’s 75K isn’t enough to run in Bloomington and Dillard just can’t get it together. We’ll see.

38. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 4:55 pm:

- A guy … -,

Elections, and election totals, and where those votes were cast, tell the story. Much respect. Cannoil all around.

39. - walkinfool - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 5:06 pm:

aguy and judgmentday have it right, IMO.

Bruce has a real chance to win. And hopefully, he has yet to show his knowledge and intelligence, while pandering to the ideologically stunted in his Primary base.

I hope if he makes the General, he pivots to talking about business and economics as he really knows them, and stops spouting the Randian nonsense he quotes in his current ads, (which is not why businesses/jobs come or go from Illinois.

We need practical solutions, not mythical ones.

40. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 5:13 pm:

Yeah. If we didn’t live in the same State…no strike that…Country, I’d wish all that and one more “pivot,” too–just for your benefit, walkinfool.

41. - Anon - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 8:14 pm:

Brady 30. Dillard 27. Rutherford 24 and Rauner 19. There’s Bruce’s 20 points. ALMOST

42. - DuPage Dave - Wednesday, Oct 30, 13 @ 9:58 pm:

Rauner comes off as phony in this as well of most of his stuff. No authenticity at all. He has in common with Romney the fact that neither is convincing as a regular guy. Somehow Rauner thinks that just mentioning motorcycles, cigars and beer makes him someone the average schmo can relate to. You have to be really out of touch with people to think something like that.

The best thing I can say about Rauner is that if he is elected he won’t be the worst Governor Illinois has ever had. Unfortunately he seems to think that since he has piles of money he would be the best.

43. - Crunch - Thursday, Oct 31, 13 @ 5:22 am:

Term limit and stop taking my Hard earned dollers to increase the pay of people that has been in office far too long

44. - eastbound and down - Thursday, Oct 31, 13 @ 8:55 am:

No story here move along, another bored rich guy his spending and hope he spends more is generating jobs and business, but he is not going anywhere can you say transparently fake.

* I don't think this is gonna work as planned
* More like this, please
* Rauner doesn't escape this time
* One of the best ads of 2016
* Asbestos lawyers launch high-dollar ad campaign in appellate race
* Back to the drawing board
* Proft on GOP, Trump and Madigan
* As usual, the blowhard walks it back
* Kirk taking page from Trump debate playbook
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Supplement to today’s edition

* Apple Announces Universal TV App for 'Unified TV Experience'
* Apple opens up October event with focus on accessibility, iPhone 7 photos, Apple TV
* Minecraft is Coming to Apple TV by the End of the Year
* UberEATS fires up surge pricing for deliveries in some U.S. cities
* Microsoft Surface Studio, Windows 10, & Surface Book Event Highlights (Video)
* Could LG Pay have MST? It could appear on G6
* LG V20 Real Camera Review: 2 sensors, 3 mics, and a ton of control

* One possible White Sox future playing out in Toronto
* pnoles' offseason plan
* Three times the 2005 White Sox never happened on Monday
* White Sox developing promising OF prospects
* Josh Nelson's Offseason Plan
* Podcast: 2016 White Sox Outfield Review
* mikecws91's Offseason Plan

* AFSCME leaders rejected offer of bereavement le.....
* Rauner Raises Awareness Of Breast Cancer; Criti.....
* Meet the man most likely to raise your taxes in.....
* Rauner's Facebook Live session on breast cancer.....

* Death of asthmatic teen who saw shooting ruled homicide
* Prof gives free pass to student who ditched class for Series
* Altria to close 2 tobacco facilities affecting 580 workers
* Some Cook County suburbs not happy with $13 minimum wage law
* Ex-officer asks for disability pay after fatal shooting
* Springfield panhandling laws heading to federal mediation
* WWI-era grenade found in woods behind house in Yorkville
* Oil pipeline protesters brace for confrontation with police
* Illini start sports Hall of Fame, Dick Butkus in 1st class
* Bob Zondor of northwest Indiana is a true Cubs Ambassador

* Bobcat hunting opponents seek permits, won't use them
* Opponents emerge against Illinois road fund ballot question
* Feds end lease with Illinois for state park, citing neglect
* Statehouse Insider: Tomorrow's a new day; in Illinois, that may not be good
* Cook County lawyer who posed as judge criminally charged
* 1,100 non-union state workers getting $3,016 bonuses
* Springfield veteran honored for volunteer work
* Central Illinois soldier killed in Afghanistan
* Rauner administration awarding more than $3 million in bonuses to non-union workers
* SIU injury-prevention program reinstated through stopgap budget

* Why buyers are paying more for small local manufacturers
* Twitter is shutting down its Vine video app
* Some Cook County suburbs not happy with $13 minimum wage law
* Gannett mum on its Tronc bid
* To applause and boos, Kerry urges Trans-Pacific Partnership passage

* Wrigleyville residents ordered to move their cars off streets
* Dwyane Wade feeling good about season start and his LeBron bet
* NW Indiana man shot to death in Calumet City
* Read Options: How will Leonard Floyd follow up his breakout game?
* Firm cited after worker killed during first day on job in Monee
* Police: Tinley Park 8th-grader posted video threatening students
* The power of words still resonates with GZA
* Take 2: What to make of Bears’ struggling pass defense?
* Death of teen who had asthma attack after shooting ruled homicide
* Unclaimed $100K lottery ticket expires next month

* Police believe shooting deaths of 2 men in Goose Island neighborhood are related
* Man imprisoned for murder to be freed after conviction tossed
* Man charged with attempted murder of officers during Joliet drug sting
* Wheaton rejects idea of allowing chickens in backyards
* Family dog killed in Geneva house fire
* Hillary Clinton wins Maine South High School mock election
* Secret recordings by a kidnapped celeb couple reveal much about Kim Jong Il and North Korea
* Bayless receives Julia Child award tonight
* Kristin Cavallari to be black cat for Halloween, day of Cutler return
* How to navigate your way to and from Wrigleyville during Cubs' World Series

The widget AQL4JYGHIY powered by Feed Informer does not exist.

* Our View: U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis deserves third term
* John Bouman: We all suffer from Illinois' budget crisis
* Eugene Robinson: Hillary Clinton is blazing a momentous trail
* George Will: Republican Party needs to revert to nominating Republicans
* Bernard Schoenburg: 9 on Sangamon County Board opt out of pension system
* Bobcat hunting opponents seek permits, won't use them
* Opponents emerge against Illinois road fund ballot question
* Our Opinion: LaHood endorsed in 18th Congressional District
* Leroy Jordan: Race Riot site must be preserved, taught to students
* E.J. Dionne: Trump is not a GOP aberration

* United Way loses its ranking as America's largest charity
* 10-27-16 Jim Turpin on The Art of Robert Zupkee @uiaa @illinifootball @illiniathletics
* Noon update: Baseball movies, bad horror flicks, Hayden Fry and Cubs photos
* Two suspects in drug operation with alleged ties to shooting of Carbondale officer plead not guilty to charges
* Two men sought after holdup at Urbana store
* Clarissa Cook: 10 years of serving life
* Dorothy Garvis waits for her call
* Daily Digest 10/27/16
* Iraqi forces find IS bomb factory, tunnels near Mosul
* Post-election unity? Clinton, Trump won't say yet

* Public invited to share thoughts on Buffalo Grove Police Department
* Hoffman Estates presents 'Meatballs-N-Mozart' Nov. 10 at Sears Centre
* New Dunkin' Donuts in Carol Stream
* Palatine police Drug Take-Back Day a success
* How Glenbard South closed enrollment gaps in AP classes

* House lawmakers overcome hurdle on key tra...
* Rodney Davis talks funding with Bloomingto...
* The agency that fought Illiana gets a new ...
* Rep. Dold takes educational cruise down Ch...
* Lawmakers decry high turnover rate of VA h...
* CBD Oil, and politics
* Simon considering state Senate bid
* Killer Congressman Tom MacArthur trying to...
* Shutdown? State may not notice
* Rep. Bob Dold

* Head Start, Early Head Start programs to r......
* US Senate-Elect -

* Kirk, Duckworth meet for first televised S......
* Kirk, Duckworth meet for first televised S......
* Kirk, Duckworth meet for first televised S......

* Cartoon Of The Day
* Windy City Aldermen Talk Municipal Budget, Chicago Cubs At Panel Discussion
* You're Invited To The Grand Re-Opening Party For Buena Park Circle This Sunday
* Wilson Avenue Closed Daily Wednesday-Saturday Next Week
* EXTRA: Somebody’s been listening to too much Charlton Heston lately
* Bucktown Felon Arrested After Mugging Woman At Knifepoint, Resisting Arrest (Updated)
* October Trash Movie Night Is A Halloween Double Feature At Fat Cat -- Tonight!
* Cartoon of the Day - 10/25/16 Trump toon
* City Club Of Chicago Budget Panel
* For those interested in write-in candidates....

* Don’t be a Ghoul, Don’t Drink and Drive - Police throughout Illinois step up patrols for Halloween weekend
* Honoring Illinois' Fallen - United States and State flags at half-staff from Sunrise, Saturday, October 29, 2016 until Sunset, Monday, October 31, 2016.
* 25th Annual HIV/STD Conference - Celebrating Success, Shaping the Future - Sexually Transmitted Diseases increase while HIV decreases
* Workers’ Comp Commission Updates Technology at No Cost to Taxpayer - Another step in Rauner Administration’s modernization of state government
* Governor’s Children’s Cabinet Makes Lead Poisoning Prevention A Priority - October 23-30, 2016 - National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week