* Rep. Tom Cross is running a new radio ad in Springfield, Bloomington and Champaign. Rate it…
Skyrocketing debt, record high taxes, the nation’s worst budget deficit.
State government is a mess.
We need new leadership in Springfield.
Illinois voters are facing an important choice for state treasurer.
Tom Cross is running to stop the dishonest budget gimmicks and enforce the state’s balanced budget requirement.
Senator Mike Frerichs supported billions in budget hikes leaving Illinois citizens holding the bag.
Cross is a proven fiscal conservative who will establish a government integrity unit to protect state funds from corruption and fraud.
Frerichs and Governor Quinn raised taxes on families and employers by 67 percent – the most in Illinois history.
Cross has the skills and determination to be a vigilant fiscal watchdog and protect Illinois taxpayers.
For treasurer, the choice is clear.
Tom Cross will clean up the mess…
…fight the waste and corruption…
…and restore fiscal sanity.
Paid for by Cross for Treasurer.
* As if by magic, the Illinois Republican Party backs up Cross with a press release…
Mike Frerichs is launching his campaign for Illinois Treasurer this week. But the people of Illinois have some questions that Sen. Frerichs needs to answer:
1. “Since entering office in 2007, 364,000 fewer people are working in Illinois. In fact, even your own family members have moved their business out of Illinois due to the poor business climate. Do you still maintain that raising taxes on small businesses, like you have, is an effective job creation policy?”
2. “In 2011, you joined with Governor Quinn to raise income taxes by 67%. At the time, you said it would help pay past due bills. Illinois currently has over $7 billion in unpaid bills while at the same time being a regional leader in unemployment. Did your tax increase plan work?”
3. “Twice over the last few years you voted to raise your pay and that of the Governor and other constitutional officers. During this same period, the state was accruing billions in unpaid bills and struggling to maintain funding levels for education and human services. Why were pay raises for politicians made a priority in your spending plans?”
4. “In 2010, even Speaker Madigan conceded that the budget was not balanced, even though there is a state constitutional requirement to have a balanced budget. How do you justify supporting that unbalanced budget?”
5. “During the last fundraising quarter, greater than 50% of your contributions came from public- and private-sector unions and overall have contributed over $270,000 in 2013 alone to your treasurer campaign. How will you avoid conflicts of interest with taxpayers?”
Illinois Republican Party Executive Director Jayme Odom released the following statement:
“Democrat State Senator Mike Frerichs has been a consistent vote for higher taxes, budget-busting spending and job-crushing fees and regulations. Illinois needs a solution-driven Republican Treasurer ready to tackle the economic problems facing our state. Mike Frerichs won’t be part of the solution, because he is already a part of the problem.”