Today’s Raunerpalooza

Wednesday, Jan 22, 2014

* From the “No Rauner” blog yesterday

Tonight was supposed to be a live GOP debate on WGN TV and WGN Radio, 720 AM. But, again, Rauner chickened out. Bruce Dold, the editorial board editor of the Chicago Tribune, did an interview with Steve Cochran of WGN Radio today about the forum that was cancelled because of Rauner’s refusal to attend.

Dold likened Rauner’s skipping of key forums to the same behavior of another rich guy with lots of Chicago Democrat connections, Andy McKenna, from 2010. Dold said McKenna controlled the TV airwaves, like Rauner, but fell short of winning the nomination (he was third- behind Brady and Dillard).

The audio is here.

Not mentioned above is that Dold’s Tribune editorial board endorsed McKenna in 2010 and has been obviously leaning toward Rauner this time around.

* Meanwhile, after our post last Friday about how both Bruce Rauner and Michael Frerichs were not reporting the salaries of individual staffers, Frerichs filed an amended D-2 later the same day with staff names and payments to them.

No amendment has yet been filed by Rauner.

* And this is from Diane Ravitch’s blog

I had a personal encounter with Bruce Rauner. Two years ago, I received the Kohl Education Award from Dolores Kohl, the woman who created it, a great philanthropist who cares deeply about the forgotten children and annually honors outstanding teachers. After the awards ceremony, Ms. Kohl held a small dinner at the exclusive Chicago Club. There were two tables, 8 people at each table. I sat across from Bruce and of course, we got into a lively discussion about charter schools, a subject on which he is passionate.

As might be expected, he celebrated their high test scores, and I responded that they get those scores by excluding students with serious disabilities and English language learners, as well as pushing out those whose scores are not good enough. Surprisingly, he didn’t disagree. His reaction: so what? “They are not my problem. Charters exist to save those few who can be saved, not to serve all kinds of kids.”

My response: What should our society do about the kids your charters don’t want? His response: I don’t know and I don’t care. They are not my problem.

This was not a taped conversation. I am paraphrasing. But the gist and the meaning are accurate.

1. - Roadiepig - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 10:50 am:

Raunerbot defensive comments to start in three…two…

2. - Been There - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 10:51 am:

===His response: I don’t know and I don’t care. They are not my problem.===
    Wow. I thought he was a donkey’s behind before but this raises it to a new level. We are suppose to vote him in as our governor when he has this attitude?

3. - MrJM - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 10:51 am:

“I don’t know and I don’t care. They are not my problem.”

I can’t imagine Bruce Rauner’s response surprises those who oppose him or who support him.

– MrJM

4. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 10:53 am:

Little tougher running statewide, isn’t it Sen. Frerichs?

I look forward to the Frerichs’ next “Righteous indignation” moment, and I will wonder;

“Was this written by one of those hidden staffers Mike Frerichs had?”

Hmmm.

5. - Obama's Puppy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 10:54 am:

I hope this surprises no one, this guy is an elitist’s elitist. The arrogance is apparent and his agenda is from the middle ages. Wake up GOP voters this guy does not care about your kid if they have learning disabilities or any disability for that matter.

6. - John A. Logan - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 10:57 am:

Rauner has problems, but a “paraphrased” conversation from two years ago is not one of them.

7. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 10:59 am:

The “race is ongoing”

Who is going to win framing which; “Bruce Rauner” or Bruce Rauner will be on the ballot in March.

Uphill battle so far. Still pretty early, and don’t count on the Trib, Dold, it’s Editorial Board.

That Board loves them some “Bruce Rauner”, and John Kass might as well be an empty beer can chicken plate.

Sell-Out… Or may “Buy” in, complete(?)

8. - Roadiepig - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:00 am:

Coming from someone who pulled strings to get his own daughter into another premium charter school , it’s not surprising he couldn’t care less about those without either clout or the ability to make his charter school look like they are excellent at teaching( even if they are rigging the outcome).

9. - DuPage Rep - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:01 am:

Is Roadiepig an Anti-Raunerbot?

10. - Aldyth - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:04 am:

Gee. Remember what 47% did for Romney? Now, we’ve got a candidate for governor who believes in throw away kids.

11. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:04 am:

- DuPage Rep -,

Nah. - Roadiepig - can think for himself, “bots” is a polite suffix for “lemming”

- Roadiepig - ain’t no Lemming…

12. - Norseman - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:07 am:

Logan, unfortunately you’re right. However, I don’t find it hard to believe it. To the 1%rs, its survival of the fittest (or should I say those lucky enough to have been born in more favorable circumstances).

13. - abc123 - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:09 am:

Somebody should remind Ms. Ravitch that Rauner has given more to help educate disadvantaged kids than anybody in Illinois history. His wife, through her work at Ounce of Prevention, is up there, too.

14. - Wensicia - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:09 am:

This fits in with his “I’d do it again” comment concerning his daughter’s Walter Payton placement. Who’s cares about the obviously less deserving student that she bumped out of Payton?

15. - FrenchVanilla - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:10 am:

His response: I don’t know and I don’t care. They are not my problem.

Sorry, but this is not even remotely believable.

16. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:13 am:

- abc123 -,

“Somebody should remind Ms. Ravitch that Rauner has given more disadvantages to 7000 Worthy kids than anybody in Illinois history. His wife, through her donations to Rahm, and to Rich Daley is up there, too, in the Clouting of a denied New Trier living Daughter”

Better…

17. - Joan P. - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:13 am:

“I don’t know and I don’t care. They are not my problem.”

Man, that is cold.

I’m not surprised he believes that. And I’m only mildly surprised that he said it that way. I guess he also doesn’t care what people think of him.

18. - paddyrollingstone - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:14 am:

Its completely believable. People say all sorts of crazy stuff. It does remind me of this gem:

The great Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player:
    “I told him, “Son,what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?”
    He said, “Coach, I don’t know and I don’t care.”

19. - dave - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:15 am:

**Coming from someone who pulled strings to get his own daughter into another premium charter school **

Walter Payton Prep is not a charter school. Its a traditional public school.

20. - MrJM - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:16 am:

“Sorry, but this is not even remotely believable.”

Neither was Rauner’s assertion of “I’d do it again” when talking about clouting his daughter into Walter Payton.

But believable or not, he said it.

– MrJM

21. - Tommydanger - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:16 am:

Show of hands. Who is surprised? Thought so.

Bruce’s Darwinian vision of our society is one I hope the voters reject.

In the end, poorly educated children our everyone’s problem. Academic performance is the best predictor of delinquency. Delinquent children can become adult criminals and the cost and consequences in dollars and humanity is one which I would hope all candidates would work to avoid. You can only build the walls so high….

22. - Norseman - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:17 am:

=== Somebody should remind Ms. Ravitch that Rauner has given more to help educate disadvantaged kids than anybody in Illinois history. ===

Nice hyperbole that plays to the Rauner partisans.

=== His wife, through her work at Ounce of Prevention, is up there, too. ===

Let his wife run for Governor.

23. - langhorne - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:19 am:

my point exactly. i want to see rauner respond to thoughtful, informed questions about any of his proposals, or state policy issues. with followups. we have to see if there is any there there.

what was unfair was to cancel the event. that is a win win for rauner.

i think he can see the primary finish line, he has a good lead, he is still climbing in the polls, he has money to burn….lets not risk it. so it is all staged events, without meaningful interaction. money talks. money walks.

24. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:20 am:

- dave -,

Also the #1 school in the state, for Chicago kids, who could use an advantage that their academic ability can provide them…

Unless a Winnetka-living Billionaire thinks his denied New Trier living Daughter is better than 7000 other Worthy Chicago children… Then all bets are off.

25. - Roadiepig - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:22 am:

Thanks O.W. - if someone is supposed to be sending me today’s talking points they must not have my email address.

Dave- my mistake. Payton Prep is a public school. That’s part of what makes his clouting his daughter in even worse to anyone who studies what he did to another family with a child who would have went if not for his connections…

26. - Bill White - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:23 am:

After November 2012, I didn’t think things could get worse for the IL GOP. I was wrong.

Nominating Bruce Rauner would make things worse.

27. - Stones - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:27 am:

Assuming Diane Ravitch’ account of her discussion with Rauner is accurate, that is a terribly callous attitude towards unprivileged students by a man who wants to be Governor. Pretty scary!

28. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:27 am:

–Sorry, but this is not even remotely believable.–

Why’s that, FV?

Would it make you think less of Rauner if it is true?

Worse things have been said about him by the GOP candidates — pay-to-play, Stu Levine, clouting. He responded to those accusations.

Ravitch is hardly a crank. Check her bio. This has been out there. What’s stopping him from responding?

29. - AFSCME Steward - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:33 am:

Frenchvanilla

I tend to agree with you, and I am not a Rauner supporter. Anyone “paraphrasing” someone is always suspicious. However, Rauner has gotten himself into the situation where people will believe it. His clouting his daughter into Peyton Prep. His constant changing position on the minimum wage. His attempt to portray himself as just a regular Joe. His claim to be an outsider. His reluctance to appear at events where he will be asked serious questions. The real problem is that Rauner is a total phoney. When you pretend you’re something you’re not, anything may stick.

“His response: I don’t know and I don’t care. They are not my problem.

Sorry, but this is not even remotely believable.”

30. - Small Town Liberal - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:34 am:

– Sorry, but this is not even remotely believable. –

It’s a fact that his charters exclude those kids, do you think he just goes through life feeling bad for doing it?

31. - veritas - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:37 am:

When you amass a fortune like Rauner’s you need tax shelters and education/charter schools is one of the best. It also gave him some “goodwill” in the event he got bored of accumulating multi-million dollar estates, mansions and penthouses and decided he would like Governor on his resume. He’s as phony as his $18 watch. Try to reconcile the logic in re, “My watch cost only $18, but it tells time fine - why should I spend more??” with “I need NINE multi-million dollar residences.” Need anyone look any farther??

32. - warhed - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:37 am:

heartless billionare…wow…i have to repeat again and again….this state and its government ranks among the worst in taxes, debt, employment growth, welfare recipiants, on and on. And in many other areas- and I can list them if you care. The state was charged with fraud by the SEC. Many of their ex govenors and pols are in jail. Business and people are moving out in droves, many to neighboring states that ” get it”. I guess ideaology does trump everything, including common sense and honesty. Rauner will be like Scott Walker or Mitch Daniels, and will have simalar results if given the chance. Period.

33. - Roadiepig - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:40 am:

Bill White- that is my main concern too. I would love to have an option in this fall’s election . If one of the little three can’t make any of these issues stick with likely republican voters there truly won’t be an option to many of us in the general election. Considering Blago won two elections for governor( one while under intense scrutiny by the Feds) shows the voters in this state can be fooled, but the question is can they be fooled all the way to November ? I ,for one ,hope they aren’t fooled thru March 18th and we are stuck with no real choice for governor .

34. - CollegeStudent - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:54 am:

Does the phrase “race to the bottom” mean anything to you?

35. - Bill White - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:56 am:

@warhed

This is a useful link:

Note that prior to 2008, IL was definitely middle of the pack and that is why we have a structural deficit and accumulated unfunded pension liabilities today.

Illinois is also near the top of the list regarding income per capita and wealth per capita.

36. - MrJM - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:00 pm:

“Rauner will be like Stuart Levine, and will have simalar results if given the chance.”

I thought that assertion might seem more credible if it included someone with whom Rauner had previously done business.

– MrJM

37. - Bill White - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:01 pm:

Putting things in perspective:

=== For nearly two decades the Tax Foundation has published an estimate of the combined state-local tax burden shouldered by the residents of each of the 50 states. For each state, we calcu­late the total amount paid by the residents in taxes, then divide those taxes by the state’s total income to compute a “tax burden.” We make this calculation not only for the most recent year but also for earlier years because tax and income data are revised periodically by govern­ment agencies. ===

In 2010, the Illinois rate was 10.2% while the national average was 9.9% and 10 states had a higher tax burden.

10.2% versus 9.9% doesn’t warrant the hyperbole coming from the Illinois Policy Institute and Bruce Rauner.

Yes, there is work to do, but the sky is not falling as rapidly as the astroturf crew wants us to believe.

38. - Anon - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:02 pm:

So much extremism.

I am ashamed for both Rauner and the Illinois Republican Party.

39. - FormerParatrooper - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:11 pm:

Has Rauner responded to the allegations?

I am not a supporter of any runners at this time. But I do believe each should have the ability to respond to hearsay. Had this been on tape it would be another thing, but right now it is just hearsay.

40. - olddog - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:12 pm:

@ abc123 - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 11:09 am === “Somebody should remind Ms. Ravitch that Rauner has …” blah blah blah ===

Nobody has to remind Ms. Ravitch of anything. She’s a highly respected author; a research professor at NYU’s Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development; a former assistant U.S. Secretary of Education under President George Bush Senior and member of the National Assessment Governing Board, which administers the National Assessment of Educational Progress. Her policy positions on corporate school reform are not uncontroversial because they advocate one side of the issue, but she’s widely regarded as one of the most knowledgeable experts nationwide on education issues.

I think if you check it out, you’ll quickly find you find that Diane Ravitch’s word is trusted in the field of education and her assessment of Rauner carries considerable weight.

41. - LA05 - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:13 pm:

College Student,

How does that statement have anything to do with the idea that Rauner, if the story is to be believed, is willing to give up on educating a significant segment of Illinois’ children?

I do not think anyone would deny that our fiscal situation in this state is dire, but giving up on large parts of urban education does not seem to me to be a solution to any of our problems.

42. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:14 pm:

===Rauner will be like Scott Walker or Mitch Daniels, and will have simalar results if given the chance. Period.===

Illinois is not Wisconsin or Indiana.

The legislature a “Gov. Rauner” would inherit is not like … Wisconsin or Indiana.

The demographics, the Constitutions, the geography of Illinois … Not Wisconsin or Indiana.

- CollegeStudent -, please… “learn”

“Bruce Rauner”, if he wins, won’t be governor of Wisconsin or Indiana. Bruce Rauner can afford to buy houses there, but “Bruce Rauner” wants to be governor of Illinois.

It’s an open-book test, -CollegeStudent -, and you are failing except at being a Raunerbot.

43. - Carl Nyberg - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:17 pm:

Suspect Rauner is hiding how much he’s paying some staff so other people don’t ask for raises or demand generous compensation packages for joining the campaign.

44. - olddog - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:18 pm:

Oops! Didn’t proofread carefully enough at 12:12 p.m., meant to say “… you’ll quickly find you find that Diane Ravitch’s word is trusted in the field of education and her assessment of Rauner carries considerable weight.”

45. - CollegeStudent - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:21 pm:

I forgot to add quotes to the passage from warhed.

46. - MrJM - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:23 pm:

CollegeStudent,

If you offset your quotations with quotation marks == or some other signifier == commenters won’t pillory you for the comments of others.

Stick around. It’s fun.

– MrJM

47. - Carl Nyberg - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:23 pm:

They’re just hardworking businessmen who want to bring their personal talents of innovating and succeeding to government.

If Obama hadn’t gotten votes from the 47% who pay no federal income taxes, Romney would have crushed him. Rauner and Oberweis are like Romney but don’t have Romney’s personal liabilities… like supporting Massachusetts Obamacare.

48. - Anon - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:25 pm:

Guys, college student was quoting warhed (should have indicated), and added comments below the quoted section.

49. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:29 pm:

===How could the Democrats possibly attack a GOP ticket led by Bruce Rauner and Jim Oberweis?===

Jim Oberweis’ wife “winters” in Florida, is a resident of Florida for tax purposes, and she can’t even vote for her husband, due to elitism that reeks of not wanting to “deal” with the “little people”, and lest we forget SSM?

Bruce Rauner… wants to cut the Minimum wage, gas his daughter climb over 7000 Chicago kids, while being denied to start with, let alone not living in Chicago, and unions, and monies made off their pensions, while running to destroy them…

“And with the ILGOP…it’s more of the same…”

Heavy anchor to have around a neck… Jim and Bruce

50. - Bill White - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:31 pm:

@College Student

=== Illinois can’t afford more jobs if the workers need state support just to make ends meet. ===

A higher minimum wage would help solve this issue.

51. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

===My response was simply “Does the phrase “race to the bottom” mean anything to you?

Illinois can’t afford more jobs if the workers need state support just to make ends meet. “===

Ok, so what are you trying to say? No snark, your point?

52. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 1:02 pm:

College Student, judging by your spelling and grammar, we’re not doing so hot with some college students as well.

53. - Demoralized - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 1:03 pm:

==His response: I don’t know and I don’t care. They are not my problem.==

Well that’s certainly not an elitist attitude. Somebody that would say something like that does not have the best interests of the entire state in mind.

54. - Demoralized - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 1:06 pm:

==Business and people are moving out in droves, many to neighboring states that ” get it”==

Except they aren’t. I believe that talking point has been shot down numerous times.

55. - CollegeStudent - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 1:25 pm:

===Ok, so what are you trying to say? No snark, your point? ===

I suspect much of the “job growth” we would see under Rauner would be in the Wal-Mart/fast food/low wage sector.

I’m not exactly how many of the jobs that Walker and Daniels’ policies “added” to their states would fit the description of “good jobs at good wages,” but my suspicion is not many.

For the record, I am fervently, fervently anti-Rauner. And drastically opposed to “running government like a business.”

56. - Downstater - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 1:31 pm:

Since all the news breaking events,”clouter”, Payrollgate, and donorgate have hit the news, Rauner has steadily increased his lead in the polls. The other GOP candidates haves stayed at the same level. And he is just getting his campaign checkbook cranked up. If Dillard and Brady stay in the race, game over.

57. - Secret Square - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 1:49 pm:

If Rauner made the “not my problem” remark two years ago, when he was not yet a candidate for governor, I suppose he could honestly say that what happened to students outside of charter schools was “not (his) problem” because he was, at that time, simply a private citizen choosing to focus his own personal resources in the way he saw fit (charter schools). If he wants to be governor, however, then it DOES become “his problem”.

All that said, and even bearing in mind that it may not be an exact quote or may be taken out of context, it just confirms the bad vibes I get from the guy. If it’s Rauner vs. Quinn in November, I am not voting for either one.

58. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 1:54 pm:

- Downstater -

Two things to keep in mind.

Not one Ad has gone up yet. All these “hits” that are bouncing off the Teflon Carhartt are those not backed by any media barrage. Rauner has faced nothing yet, including some audiences Rauner ducks,

Also, Rauner will find little comfort in a General Election match with bodies and bodies in the precincts, talking, educating, and taking the fight to people’s kitchens, front stoops, over the backyard fences, picnics…

People are also influenced by parents, uncles, aunts, and while the “3″ continue, today, to fail to see how to get things rolling, Democratic political organizations are real good.

Brady 2010…proved that.

Too early to gloat, - Downstater -, but too late to think “Bruce” will get through this unscathed.

59. - Downstater - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 2:10 pm:

Oh, Oswego. Always with the negative vibes.

60. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 2:17 pm:

Negative?

You see a field organization for any of the GOP wanna-be governors? Not negative, asking, and the answer is “no”.

Did you see the push against Brady? Against Brady. Now add all the negative rhetoric of Minimum Wage, shutting down government, run the state like a business, teachers and schools…

Brady faced Girl Scouts compared to what Rauner is taking on in rhetoric, and those unbelievable Girl Scouts fought off the biggest GOP wave in almost 2 generations to save Pat Quinn.

That is real. That is not negative, that is understanding the playing field, the players, the game, and how underestimating under the guise of being Scott Walker will carry the day in Illinois.

This is not being negative. This is being real.

61. - Demoralized - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 2:31 pm:

==Oh, Oswego. Always with the negative vibes.==

Nah. He just keeps balance within the Force. He’s the ying to the Raunerbots yang.

62. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 2:41 pm:

Rauner’s people monitor the Cap Fax closely. Farmer Bruce himself has said that he reads it.

Any of them are free to call Diane Ravitch a liar at any time.

My guess is they don’t want that fight and are just hoping that no other media outlets pick up on it.

63. - Downstater - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 2:47 pm:

You just have to wonder, when Osego Willy is the smartest guy on the blog, but none of the candidates take his advice.

64. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 3:03 pm:

I am only smart enough to know I am a Dope that gets to hang out with some incredibly smart people here.

The discussions are incredibly smart, me, not so much.

- Downstater -,

I am the guy who is just reading;

“John has a long mustache.” Nothing more.

65. - chad - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 3:15 pm:

Off topic, but Illinois Review is reporting that Lou Lang provided a letter to the State Board of Elections a letter asking it to invistigate Rauner’s payroll situation. You know, the $558,278.53 of secret payments to secret people.

66. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 3:29 pm:

Hawk Harrelson - “I love Lou Lang”

67. - walker - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 3:42 pm:

We don’t know exactly what Rauner said or meant, except as filtered thru Ravitch’s ears and memory.

I also find her recounting unlikely. I find more likely that his comment was meant in the spirit of “that’s not the problem I’ve been trying to address.”

Might well be wrong-headed, but not as cold and heartless.

68. - Snucka - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 4:15 pm:

Just saw the second Hans post… I’ll go with “trying to be funny”.

69. - Just The Way It Is One - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 4:31 pm:

From Ms. Rativich’s blog, Rauner’s paraphrased remark to the extent that what would happen to the rest, the vast MAJORITY of those children, that he DOES NOT CARE and how that clear Majority of kids ARE NOT HIS PROBLEM is just so incredibly telling…! Here, let me try a few other descriptions for it, in terms of how Rauner TRULY sees MILLions of Illinois Children in that same boat–who he openly admitted he doesn’t care about–pompous, arrogant, condescending, and insulting to them and their loved ones, to name a few!

And if he WAS actually somehow elected Governor, to actually think that these same MILlions of kids WOULD be his problem THEN, for REAL, is an utterly sickening thought and makes me all the more just want to PUKE when I think of him politically exploiting all of those innocent, naive School Children in that one blatantly hypocritical TV Ad of his…!

70. - Just The Way It Is One - Wednesday, Jan 22, 14 @ 4:34 pm:

My apologies–it was meant to read above, “…Ms. Ravitch’s blog…!” Sorry for the misspelling.

* *** UPDATED x1 *** Has the haymaker punch arrived?
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - State Senate fundraising report
* Third straight poll shows Rauner leading Quinn
* Last call for tickets!
* Vast Majority of Illinois Voters Support Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency
* Sun-Times reporters want you to sign their petition
* Same song, different century
* Quinn finally wins a newspaper endorsement!
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Today's cable TV buy report
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Supplement to today’s edition: Crosstabs, TV ads
* Report: Another tie between Rauner and CS-T chairman
* Bost's "anger," Cook's ratings, Foster's ad
* $580 MILLION EXELON RATE HIKE?? That’s the price tag for their nuke bailout…EVERY YEAR!
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Rauner pumping dollars
* Rauner pushing IDOT back into the news stream
* Gov. Quinn runs new TV ad featuring FLOTUS
* No, your eyes didn't deceive you
* Good morning!

* Moto X (2014) Review
        * Monster Strike arrives for North American Android users
        * Etsy releases Credit Card Reader for budding entrepreneurs
        * How to Get 'Handoff' Working in OS X Yosemite and iOS 8
        * AT&T spoils Apple’s multi-carrier SIM by locking it down
        * Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
        * Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China

* What Developers Should Know About Apple Pay
        * Here's a List of More Than 30 Free Image Sites That Don't Look Stock-y
        * Sundar Pichai becomes second-in-command at Google with major reorg
        * Roku could file for IPO soon, raise as much as $150 million
        * Find Battery Saving Tips for Almost Any Phone Model with This Index
        * Exclusive: Google CEO Larry Page Reorgs Staff, Anoints Sundar Pichai as New Product Czar
        * The NYPD will give smartphones to its officers, and it looks like they’ll run Windows

* Alexei Ramirez and Adam Eaton Gold Glove finalists, but maybe not f...
        * Longtime scout Provas passes away after battle with cancer