* I get some weird press releases sometimes…
The Illinois General Election is still a few months away, but the results of a recent poll comparing Illinois politicians have Attorney General Lisa Madigan grinning from ear to ear.
In a survey of more than 250 member dentists from the Chicago Dental Society, when asked which Illinois politician has the best smile, the state’s first female attorney general (headshot attached) received the highest marks with 53 percent of the vote.
Here are the complete results:
1. Lisa Madigan (53%) – Illinois Attorney General
2. Jesse White (26%) – Illinois Secretary of State
3. Toni Preckwinkle (5.8%) – Cook County Board President
4. Rahm Emanuel (5.4%) – Chicago Mayor
5. Judy Baar Topinka (5%) – Illinois State Comptroller
6. Pat Quinn (3%) – Illinois Governor
The state AG’s oral regiment should make her dentist proud. A model patient, Madigan says she brushes her teeth at least twice a day and flosses regularly in order to keep her pearly whites ready for the public eye.
“The dentist is my most favorite doctor to visit,” Madigan said. “I am almost religious about seeing my dentist every six months and taking care of my teeth.”
The survey was conducted in preparation for the Chicago Dental Society’s 149th Midwinter Meeting, which will welcome more than 30,000 dentists to McCormick Place from February 20-22.
I’m surprised she didn’t withdraw from the competition before it was over.
Also, “The dentist is my most favorite doctor to visit”? Pandering like that could get her nicknamed Kirk Dillard.