Lisa Radogno

Thursday, Jun 19, 2014

[This post has been bumped up from last night to this morning for visibility purposes.]

* It’s just impossible to imagine the stunning, overwhelming pain of suddenly and almost inexplicably losing one’s grown daughter. A statement from Senate Republican Leader Christine Radogno’s office…

It is with heavy heart that we inform you of the sudden death of Lisa Radogno, 31, this evening due to a massive pulmonary embolism.

Lisa is the daughter of Senate Republican Leader Christine Radogno and her husband, Nunzio. Lisa served as an Executive Assistant in the Washington, DC office of United States Senator Mark Kirk.

The family appreciates all the kind expressions of sympathy.

Arrangements are pending.

Lisa was involved in an accident this spring, but was doing well until today. As a man with his own grown daughter, I just can’t fathom what the Radogno family must be going through.

…Adding… From a press release…

U.S. Senator Mark Kirk is deeply saddened by the passing of beloved staffer Lisa Radogno. Lisa, 31, served the people of Illinois as a member of the Kirk team since 2008.

“I regret to mourn the passing of my Washington, D.C., executive assistant Lisa Radogno, who died suddenly from a pulmonary embolism. Lisa was the most vibrant member of my team and an ardent Chicago White Sox fan. Her role here in my office and in our hearts is irreplaceable.”

* From Senate President John Cullerton…

“I’m saddened to hear that my friend and fellow leader has suffered an unimaginable loss.

“This is a tragic reminder that beyond our titles and positions, we are all mothers or fathers, sons or daughters.

“As a father of five, the mere thought of losing a child is unbearable.

“So my deepest sympathies and thoughts are with Christine and her family as they grieve the loss of Lisa Radogno.”

* Bruce Rauner…

“Diana and I extend our deepest condolences to Christine and Nunzio on the passing of their daughter Lisa. No parent should ever have to endure such a loss. Our thoughts are with the entire Radogno family and with everyone whose lives were enriched by knowing Lisa.

* Tim Schneider, Chairman of the Illinois Republican Party…

“On behalf of the entire Illinois Republican Party, our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Lisa Radogno during this difficult time.”

* Gov. Pat Quinn…

“There are no words in the English language to comfort a parent who loses a child.

“My deepest and most heartfelt condolences go out to Leader Christine Radogno and her family during this extremely difficult time.

“It is my hope that Lisa’s purposeful life and the cherished memories that Christine, Nunzio and their daughters have of her will help relieve some of the pain in the days ahead.”

* House Republican Leader Jim Durkin…

“I am stunned and deeply saddened by the news over Lisa Radogno’s passing. She was a remarkable young woman taken away from us too soon. My prayers go out to my dear friend, Christine Radogno and her husband, Nunzio, who loved and were so proud of their daughter.”

* Sen. Kirk on the Senate floor today

1. - 1776 - Wednesday, Jun 18, 14 @ 10:27 pm:

There are truly no words at a difficult time. Wishing her and her family peace and prayers. Makes you realize that you should hug your kids.

2. - Rahm's Parking Meter - Wednesday, Jun 18, 14 @ 10:49 pm:

So sad. Best wishes to her family.

3. - KB - Wednesday, Jun 18, 14 @ 11:10 pm:

Lisa was a wonderful young woman, hard working and always gracious. She will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with her amazing family and friends.

4. - Amalia - Wednesday, Jun 18, 14 @ 11:30 pm:

worked with Sen. Radogno on a few occasions and deepest of sympathies for her and her family. very sad.

5. - Adam Smith - Wednesday, Jun 18, 14 @ 11:48 pm:

I am fortunate to have known Lisa. She was both highly professional and high spirited, much loved in the Kirk office and the light of her Mom’s eye.

A Congressional office is very tight-knit and Kirk’s whole team is devastated. Pray God give strength and peace to Lisa’s parents and her work family.

6. - :( - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 12:09 am:

At a loss for words, I’m just sending prayers to the family.

7. - DuPage - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 12:54 am:

Awful news.

8. - Give Me A Break - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 6:39 am:

May God comfort Leader and her family. Prayers to all of them.

9. - Cassandra - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 6:42 am:

My deepest sympathy to Ms. Radogno and her family.

10. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 6:56 am:

My deepest sympathy to the Radogno family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

11. - MrJM (@MisterJayEm) - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 7:50 am:

Horrible horrible horrible

12. - Anonymous - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:05 am:

Absolutely horrible. My deepest condolences to her family and friends

13. - Grandson of Man - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:09 am:

I was shocked and saddened to learn this today. I offer my deepest condolences to Sen. Radogno and her family.

14. - Nieva - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:16 am:

So sorry for such a terrible loss.

15. - Steve & Marilyn Brown - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:21 am:

How very sad
    Our prayers are with the family that they be comforted and given the strength to endure.

16. - Anonymous - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:26 am:

I briefly met Lisa once at an event, and we chatted for a couple of minutes. She was extremely sweet, very welcoming, and had the most wonderful and infectious laugh. A lovely, young woman I certainly would have enjoyed speaking with time and time again.

My heartfelt condolences go out to Christine and her family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, asking the Lord to help you find comfort in the warm and loving memories you have of an amazing daughter who was adored by so many.

17. - Jak Tichenor - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:32 am:

Dear Leader Radogno,
    Monica and I are so sorry to hear about this. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    With deepest sympathy,
    Monica & Jak Tichenor

18. - VanillaMan - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:39 am:

Life is precious.
    The loss of it is a cause for grief.
    It is with a very heavy heart and with sincere condolences that my prayers are offered for you and your family.

19. - walker - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:47 am:

There are no words deep enough to express such a loss. Heartfelt wishes for you and yours.

Mark Walker

20. - anon - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:50 am:

My deepest sympathies to the Radogno family.

21. - BMC - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:52 am:

My deepest condolences to Sen. Radogno and her family, I never felt so helpless in my entire life until I went through this myself. My deepest condolences to the leader and her family.

22. - Wensicia - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 8:55 am:

How very sad.
    My deepest sympathies to the family and her friends.

23. - Matthew Pickett - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 9:24 am:

As a former Radogno staffer, I am just beside myself.

Christine is the best. Her family is awesome.

Lisa will be missed.

Tears and prayers have been in great abundance since last night’s news.

24. - Joan P. - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 9:33 am:

That is so sad. One thinks about all she could have accomplished in the years she should have had.

My sympathy to her family, her friends, her colleagues.

25. - Nonplussed - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 9:36 am:

A parent should never outlive their child.

26. - Ann - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 9:43 am:

Oh, what a terrible terrible tragedy. Just heartbreaking. My deepest condolences to Senator Radogno and the whole family.

27. - A guy... - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 9:45 am:

Utterly heart-breaking and gut wrenching. So very sorry for the loss of this wonderful family. Prayers of abundance to all. God’s Peace with all of the Radognos. We all hurt today.

28. - dupage dan - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 10:12 am:

Deepest condolences to the Radogno family.

29. - Six Degrees of Separation - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 10:33 am:

The loss of a loved one, especially a child, is a life-changing event filled with sorrow and remembrance. May the Radogno family be comforted by their happy memories of Lisa.

30. - Josh Collins - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 10:33 am:

Over the years I had the privilege of working with Lisa in her capacity as Senator Kirk’s scheduler. She was very pleasant to work with and was always extremely helpful. In short, she was a very good person. My condolences to the family, friends and staff.

31. - Apacolypse Now - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 10:50 am:

Deepest sympathy to Radogno family in this time of loss and grief. May they find comfort in the wonderful memories of Lisa.

32. - Louis G. Atsaves - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 10:53 am:

I met Lisa when I visited Senator Kirk’s office this Spring in Washington. A wonderful person. I’m just shocked. I can’t imagine how her family feels right at this moment.

Life is so unfair.

My deepest condolences to the Radogno family. I’ll keep Lisa in my prayers.

33. - Befuddled - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 10:54 am:

A terrible tragedy strikes a wonderful family. Hold onto each other.

34. - Ken_in_Aurora - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 11:00 am:

What a tragedy to be struck down at such a young age. My deepest condolences to the Radogno family.

35. - shore - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 12:12 pm:

There weren’t really many better. We read a lot about how young people don’t care about their country and won’t do public service or people in politics and especially dc are mean, self absorbed, and arrogant but she was really the opposite in every way and just a tremendous credit to her family and community.

36. - Stones - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 12:40 pm:

I wish that I had some profound words that would offer some comfort to the family other than I am sorry for your loss. I just can’t imagine what they must be going through.

37. - ejhickey - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 1:59 pm:

my deepest sympathies to the Radogno family.

38. - KL007 - Thursday, Jun 19, 14 @ 6:58 pm:

All of us at Team Judy Biggert mourn the loss of one of our all-time star interns, who served with us in DC and in Illinois when she was just a pup. Oh, what a breath of fresh air she was — funny, insightful, and clearly possessed of her mom’s political genes and dad’s acuity. The friendships she forged, laughter she inspired, and great kindnesses and courtesies she extended will be treasured by all — long beyond her too few years with us. So cheers to you Lisa, and to Chris and Nunzio and all who shared her with us.

TrackBack URI

* IDPH wants to ban beer garden smoking
* Yes, it's quite a paradise
* *** UPDATED x2 *** What do Sha-Na-Na, Bill Enyart and pies have in common?
* Rauner endorsed by several black ministers
* A quick run-through of the down-ballot statewide polling
* Poll: A three-point spread
* A bit petty, no?
* Trouble in paradise?
* Durbin sides with Holland against Quinn
* Nursing home bankruptcy trial gets underway
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Political events calendar
* Davis' poll shows him leading big
* Rauner on patronage: Zero if elected
* You're gonna need a bigger boat, Bruce
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Supplement to today’s edition: Crosstabs, mail, TV buys
* *** UPDATED x1 - Frerichs response *** Former Democratic state treasurer endorses Cross - Cites bipartisanship, Israel bonds as reasons (COMMENTS OPENED)
* Prison reform group responds to new Rauner ad (COMMENTS OPENED)
* Quinn hit on botched early prisoner release program (COMMENTS OPENED)
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Friday's cable TV buys

* CyanogenMod 11 nightlies land for international Galaxy S4 Active
        * iOS 8 is still no Android when it comes to third-party support
        * THAW transfers smartphone files to PC by screen contact
        * Apple Watch spotted out in real-world testing
        * iPhone 6 record sales, Google Nexus 9 plans, AT&T Galaxy Alpha & more – Pocketnow Daily
        * Tilt City updated for more ball sorting fun
        * iPhone 6 Plus Display is the best there is (well, almost)

* Samsung SM-A700 Reportedly Makes Its Way To India For R&D
        * SALT Card Offers A New Way Of Securing Your Smartphone
        * T-Mobile Expects The Sony Xperia Z3 In The Next Few Weeks
        * LG G3 Vigor Arriving On AT&T 26th September
        * New Google Now Card Will Keep Track Of Flight Ticket Price Changes
        * iPad Air 2 Launching In October, Third-Gen iPad Mini In 2015 [Rumor]
        * How To Install APK Files: Sideloading on Android

* Avisail realizes V-Mart will be highly coveted as free agent
        * White Sox announce dignitaries for Paul Konerko Day
        * Johnson prepared to work for second-base job in spring camp
        * Johnson prepared to work for second-base job in camp
        * White Sox old and new share Konerko memories
        * Catching up with Avisail Garcia
        * Podcast: Goodbye, Captain.