* From the Oberweis campaign…
During his 32 years in Washington, Dick Durbin has jumped in front of every TV camera in production. So why is he shy about doing televised debates against Jim Oberweis?
Durbin has agreed to only one Chicago televised debate.
Here are some possible reasons he suddenly is allergic to TV cameras:
1) He infamously lied about Obamacare.
2) Then, he did it again.
3) His policies have devastated Illinois families. Since he last ran re-election, a typical Illinois family is making $5,053 less money in annual income.
4) He pays women staffers $11,000 less than men in his Senate office.
5) He asked the Internal Revenue Service to scrutinize a conservative organization on the eve of the 2010 congressional election and in the midst of illegal targeting of conservatives by the IRS.
6) He refuses to release any other correspondence he had with the IRS during the IRS scandal.
7) He tried to intimidate conservative donors in what the Chicago Tribune editorial described as “Durbin’s enemies list.”
8) He publicly repeated a false story about a Republican leader being rude to the President.
9) He refuses to return $38,550 in campaign contributions linked to one of the most infamous sexual harassment firms in U.S. history.
10) He has said nothing about $4-a-gallon gas prices after spending years haranguing about the issue when prices were lower under a Republican president.
Before we begin, I strongly encourage you to vote and comment quickly because I’m probably shutting down early today ahead of the Labor Day weekend.
* The Question: How many televised debates do you believe Sen. Durbin should agree to? Take the poll and then explain your answer in comments, please.