Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » *** UPDATED x2 - Rutherford weighs in - Brady calls Quinn, Rauner “out of touch” on minimum wage *** Dillard says “marketplace” should decide minimum wage

Wednesday, Jan 8, 2014

* Bruce Rauner may, depending on the day, want to lower the minimum wage by a dollar an hour, but Sen. Kirk Dillard says he wants the “marketplace” to decide what the minimum wage should be. To me, at least, that sounds like he wants no statutory minimum wage at all.

Audio courtesy of John Gregory at the Illinois Radio Network…

The quote, in case you can’t listen to audio files at work…

“I am a, what I guess is known as a Jeffersonian free market principle guy. And I believe that the marketplace ought to set everything, including the minimum wage.”

Dillard also said he was against raising the minimum wage because it would cost jobs. Then he added this…

“The people who push for it in Springfield generally are Chicago legislators, minority legislators. But it really hurts the minority community because they’ll have fewer jobs for those in the minority community that those who try to push these things through the legislature are really trying to help.”

* By the way, John at IRN also shared the full Bruce Rauner audio where the candidate said unequivocally that he wanted to roll back the minimum wage by a dollar an hour…

Rauner’s quote…

“I will advocate moving the Illinois minimum wage back to the national minimum wage. I think we’ve got to be competitive here in Illinois. It’s critical we’re competitive. We’re hurting our economy by having the minimum wage above the national. We’ve got to move back to the national.”

Seems clear to me.

*** UPDATE *** From a press release…

Senator Bill Brady, Republican candidate for Governor, today said proposals by two gubernatorial candidates to change Illinois’ minimum wage rates are counter-productive for Illinois job growth and working families.

“We have Governor Quinn proposing to raise the minimum wage to $10 an hour, and Bruce Rauner talking about lowering it by $1. They are both out-of-touch with the needs of Illinois families and Illinois business,” Brady said.

“If we raise the rate, we discourage job growth. If we cut it, we impact hard-working Illinois families who depend on a minimum wage as better jobs continue to leave Illinois,” Brady said.

“I believe the state and minimum wage rates need to be paired and support a moratorium on increases in the Illinois minimum wage until the federal rate has caught up with ours,” he said.

Illinois’ minimum wage rate of $8.25 an hour is the fourth highest in the country and $1 higher than the federal rate.

“I understand the need for a reasonable minimum wage, as Illinois and the nation have lost higher-paying manufacturing jobs to service industry employment,” Brady said. “My focus will be on restoring more of those higher-paying jobs to Illinois, giving more of our families larger paychecks.”

*** UPDATE 2 *** From a press release…

Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford does not support lowering the state’s minimum wage, nor does he support increasing it at this time.
“Lowering the minimum wage in Illinois is a bad idea. Doing so would place an unfair burden on workers. I will never be a fan of taking money from peoples’ wallets, and that’s what lowering the minimum wage would do.”

“I believe every American should be able to make as much money as possible, legally and ethically. State government should not put an artificial cost of doing business increase on a business, church or local unit of government by increasing the minimum wage.”

1. - Boone's is Back - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:41 pm:

===I am a, what I guess is known as a Jeffersonian free market principle guy===

Keep that clear message roll-out going Kirk.

2. - Norseman - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:47 pm:

Really Kirk, Rauner makes a boneheaded statement about the minimum wage and instead of pouncing on it and attacking Rauner; you want to one up him by advocating no minimum.

*** Oswego Willy for Governor - he’s not Rauner or Dillard ***

3. - PoolGuy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:47 pm:

if the “free market” decided the minimum wage it might still be at $5-6 a hour. certainly not higher than $7-8 it is now. or at least places like McDonalds and Wal-mart would like to be able to pay less than $8-10.

so Kirk are you also saying the minimum wage should be lower than the current $8.25/hour?

if not what is he really saying by tossing around Jeffersonian free market principles? speak english. it’s like your no vote on pension reform. you voted no, but not because you’re against pension reform. so confusing to understand this guy.

4. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:49 pm:

I have no idea what a “Jeffersonian free-market principle guy” is. I’ve never heard that.

Jefferson was a plutocrat slaver. The labor was forced, and free only in the sense that he didn’t pay for it.

For all his beautiful words, Jefferson’s “wealth” and “capital” were tied up in slaves until the day he died — including, most likely, his own children.

He certainly wasn’t an industrial capitalist. The father of American capitalism, Hamilton, was his greatest rival.

5. - Smoggie - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:50 pm:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an allegedly serious candidate do so much to drive voters away as Dillard.

Four years ago he looked to a lot of people (i.e. those who didn’t ask him about his views on social issues) like a moderate.

He’s gone out of his way the past four years to drive away people who think he may be a moderate on social issues.

Well, maybe he’s a moderate on something else.

Nope, we now know that he’s even more extreme than Rauner on the minimum wage.

Does he think that he can go extreme right and then somehow bounce back for November?

Does he know that when he talks, moderates can hear him?

The guy should have spent the past four years avoiding strong opinions on anything. Instead, he’s spent those years talking, and it seems like every time he speaks, he loses voters.

6. - 47th Ward - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:51 pm:

===And I believe that the marketplace ought to set everything===

That should make Excelon and Nicor happy.

7. - just sayin' - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:55 pm:

The Bruce Rauner network continues offering 24/7 coverage on all sponsored by news websites…..

8. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:55 pm:

- Norseman -,

No joke, I was on 71 quite a bit during the holidays, and either the way to, or the way back passing through Norway, I wondered “…what - Norseman - was up to?” Happy New Year!

To the Post,

Minimum wage arguements are the best way to seem out of touch, and one of the best ways to seem heartless.

Leaving it “as-is” and revisiting the issue upon being sworn in is probably the most honest, and the best tact to have, if you have to answer. It’s a “hurt” issue for a Republican, rarely seen as a “help-net positive”, so why llok to stir things up if you can’t get what you “want” done anyway?

Right “Bruce Rauner”?

Move when you know you have the will and the votes, otherwise, you are not gaining anything, and not changing anything either.

9. - A guy... - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:58 pm:

Tomorrow he’ll quote Harding. It’s just too hard to watch.

10. - Bill White - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:00 pm:

@Smoogie

=== Does he think that he can go extreme right ===

I’m skeptical that “extreme right” is the goal, here. Rather, I think “extreme vague” is the goal.

11. - Bill White - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:02 pm:

Related, as wordslinger explained above, the phrase “Jeffersonian free market principle guy” is so vague and self-contradictory as to be meaningless.

Seemingly delicious and yet content free word salad.

12. - hisgirlfriday - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:11 pm:

Ah Jefferson’s free market. The one that was so against a minimum wage it let you enslave human beings as property and steal their labor.

13. - Demoralized - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:15 pm:

I would question the morals of Republican primary voters if pandering on lowering the minimum wage is a winning issue.

14. - Downstate Illinois - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:23 pm:

I’m continually amazed at the level of ignorance when it comes to basic economics. Minimum wage laws cause people to lose jobs. Some people benefit from higher wages, but countless others get hurt from either losing a job or not getting a job that’s not created in the first place. The ones that get hurt are also the ones most vulnerable, the ones with the least skills.

If you want McDonalds or Walmart to pay $15 an hour for entry level work go to Williston, North Dakota, or west Texas where fracking booms have all but eliminated unemployment.

If you want to raise wages, raise the demand for workers, not the supply.

15. - Michelle Flaherty - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:27 pm:

I believe he meant “George” Jeffersonian free market principle guy.

16. - Jorge - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:30 pm:

Extremely naive comments from both of them. Just more fodder to get whacked by in the general. Quinn couldn’t be a luckier politician.

17. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:31 pm:

===I’m continually amazed at the level of ignorance when it comes to basic economics===

How about the “economics” of taxpayers paying billions for Medicaid and other government assistance to subsidize minimum-wage employers?

The real government handouts are going to the people at the top here.

18. - davidh - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:34 pm:

Is Dillard channeling some kind of revisionist demi-theory about Jefferson, along the lines of the evangelicals who argue that the founding fathers established the US as an explicitly Christian nation? Pure gibberish.

19. - Demoralized - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:37 pm:

==Minimum wage laws cause people to lose jobs.==

And why would we want jobs created that pay low wages? How exactly does that help? Getting rid of the minimum wage is not a solution.

20. - davidh - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:37 pm:

I disagree with the Brady on the merits but his “just right” take on the minimum makes him look less craven or delusional than his primary opponents.

21. - John A Logan - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:37 pm:

Bill Brady for the win.

22. - Statesman - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:38 pm:

If this isn’t the biggest case of pot (Brady,Dillard) calling the Kettle (Rauner)black , don’t know what is. Brady & Dillard epitomize ‘out of touch’ and showed it in 2010. Not saying that Rauner is getting the best political advise by taking this issue on before the election- He should stay on message. One of the most disheartening features of ILGOP candidates is their ADHD when it comes to message management.

23. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:38 pm:

Good on Bill Brady. On Point, and well said!

24. - PoolGuy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:41 pm:

now Dan the man has to chime in with a press release… waiting….

25. - OneMan - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:53 pm:

Does Dillard have a voice in his ear that just repeats ‘Free markets’ over and over again (like a chip or something)

because fundamentally there is no such thing as a market defined minimum wage in terms of it being legislated, a market based minimum wage isn’t a minimum wage, it is whatever the hell you are willing to get someone to do whatever for.

26. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:58 pm:

Got to give Rutherford props, well done.

Again, do I have this right…

Rauner says something (minimum wage, veto legislative pay), Dillard takes it, kinda runs with it, morphs it….

Brady and Rutherford keeps their heads, and respond with a sound answer to the Dopiness that lead to the chain of events.

Is there a pattern forming?

27. - OneMan - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:59 pm:

The problem with (and I do see to some degree Rauners’ logic here, if you reduce it you can I think make labor more attractive than technology at the low end) is that to some degree as Rich points out, it is illogical to pay adults too little because of the greater social costs.

Think about why there is more crime in poor areas…

But if you were to look at lets say a lower youth minimum wage (we used to have it in Illinois not sure if we still do) it could provide some opportunity in Illinois.

But a market rate, which is no minimum at all Kirk? That’s just wacked.

28. - Smoggie - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:00 pm:

Downstate, your post reflects a lot of ignorance for a guy talking about ignorance.

Will a reduced minimum wage cause more people to be added to the work force?

Possibly, but only somebody “ignorant” as to the consequences of a low wage job would claim that high employment at extremely low wages is a good thing.

Who do you think ends up paying for the health care for those people making extremely low wages? Realistically, who pays for food and rent for those people?

Before you start talking about “ignorant”, give some thought to the consequences of the reduction in wages.

29. - Norseman - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:06 pm:

=== No joke, I was on 71 quite a bit during the holidays, and either the way to, or the way back passing through Norway ===

Then you must have driven by the farm where as a kid I messily learned about the hazards of my cousins using rusty brown plow disks as baseball bases in a cow pasture.

30. - Just Me - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:12 pm:

47th Ward — Exelon and Nicor are monopolistic utilities. Free market principles don’t apply to monopolies.

31. - Michelle Flaherty - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:17 pm:

Could someone please ask these guys where they stand on child labor laws?

32. - anonymoose - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:18 pm:

Norseman….same here, but we used the dried out plow disks. For the life of me, closely resembles the same disks the campaigns toss around on the subject of minimum wage.

33. - Montrose - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:27 pm:

Michelle Flaherty for the win.

34. - Langhorne - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:29 pm:

In the months before his death Thomas Jefferson’s relatives attempted to organize a public lottery in order to alleviate his crushing personal debt. In Illinois we have video games in bars. Is this the Jeffersonian example Kirk wants?

35. - PoolGuy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:36 pm:

Michelle double win with the “George Jeffersonian” too

36. - walker - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:45 pm:

Everyone’s got their own version of politically-driven economics: based on either what people rationally “ought to do”, or what my party’s propagandists and think tanks have sold as accepted theory. Mythical economics abound, in our political discourse.

Real-world economics, done by real academic economists, reflect what people in our society actually do, in a given set of circumstances.

In our own real world, the many increases in the American minimum wage in the past 70 years, have proven not to produce the unemployment, price increases, or lack of growth that opponents are always touting.

That’s the reality, regardless of what “economic” theory you might think is self-evident.

37. - walker - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:49 pm:

“Jeffersonian” and “economics”, are both widely misconstrued.

38. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:50 pm:

For Downstate Illinois

39. - Tired of politics - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:52 pm:

Sorry Downstate;

40. - CommoNooB - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 4:59 pm:

How come its always got to be this or that? Raise or no raise (or decrease)? The MW is largely political and doesn’t make much economic sense. It does more harm than good. However, there are some that would benefit from raising the MW (i.e. single mothers with children). Middle ground? Why not increase the earned income tax credit (EITC) while keeping the MW where its at? Current wages would help those who are low-skilled (i.e teens) get jobs, while increasing the EITC would provide for more take home pay for single mothers.

41. - Chavez-respecting Obamist - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 5:50 pm:

Whatever happened to Kirk Dillard? He used to be able to think.

42. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 6:18 pm:

Candidate’s “Coffee” before all 5 debate …

MODERATOR #1
    All right. I will be back. Figure out what the minimum wage should be for our waitress

BRUCE RAUNER
    $7.25

MODERATOR #2
    $7.25?

BRUCE RAUNER
    One dollar less than now.

MODERATOR #2
    Dollar less?

PAT QUINN
    You know what these waitresses make?

BRUCE RAUNER
    Don’t give me that. She doesn’t make enough money, she can quit.

MOD #2
    Let me just get this straight, $7.25?

BRUCE RAUNER
    Yeah, $7.25 is enough. Alright, I mean I would recommend a raise if somebody really deserves a raise, if they really put forth the effort, I’ll give ‘em something extra, but I mean automatically give a raise is for the birds. I mean as far as I’m concerned they’re just doing their job. $7.25

PAT QUINN
    Hey, this girl was nice.

BR
    She was OK - but she wasn’t anything special.

MODERATOR #2
    I’d go $8.25.

BR
    Hey Look, I ordered coffee, right? Now we’ve been here a long time, and she’s only filled my cup three times. When I order coffee, I want it filled six times

DAN RUTHERFORD
    Six times? Well, you know, what if she’s too busy?

BR
    Words “too busy” shouldn’t be in a waitress’ vocabulary.

MOD #2
    Excuse me, Mr. Rauner - the think you need another cup of coffee.

BR
    I mean these ladies aren’t starving to death. They make minimum wage, which is $1 too high. You know, I never used to work minimum wage.

PQ
    You don’t care they’re counting on the minimum wage to live?

BR
    You know what this is? It’s the world’s smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

BILL BRADY
    You don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. These people bust their tail. This is a hard job.

BR
    So’s working at McDonald’s, but you don’t feel the need to pay them more than minimum, do you? Why not? Hey, I’m very sorry. This ain’t my fault. It would appear that waitresses are just one of the many groups the government shouldn’t think about. “Learn to type.” Cause if you’re expecting me to help out with the rent by keeping the minimum wage as it is, they’re in for a big surprise. $7.25, and that’s it!

KIRK DILLARD
    Hey - he’s convinced me. $7.25

MOD #2
    Hey! Leave the minimum wage alone.

MOD #1
    All right, ramblers, let’s get ramblin’. Wait a minute. Who didn’t agree to $8.25?

DR
    Bruce Rauner

MOD #1
    Bruce? Why not?

KD
    He thinks $7.25 is enough.

MOD #1
    What? $7.25?

KD
    $7.25.

MOD #1
    What do you mean you don’t believe in it being $8.25? Come on, you cheapskate.

BR
    Alright - since I am getting hammered, I’ll agree, but normally I would never keep the wage at $8.25. Let’s forget the $7.25 stuff

MOD #1
    Never mind what you normally would do, agree to $8.25 like everybody else.

43. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 7:29 pm:

Brady played it just about right for a GOP primary. Whacked both Rauner and Quinn.

Rutherford seems to be both for the current minimum wage, and against the minimum wage in concept.

44. - DuPage Dave - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 7:45 pm:

I am greatly disappointed that anyone proposing Rauner’s ideas on the minimum wage would have a chance of winning an election in Illinois, even a Republican primary.

45. - 47th Ward - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 9:29 pm:

OW, I’m going to start referring to Rauner as Mr. Pink now, thanks to you. If Steve Buscemi was just a few years older he could play him in the movie.

46. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 9:51 pm:

- 47th Ward -,

I was sitting, reading this Rauner $7.25 stuff and all I kept visualizing is that open. Rauner is Mr. Pink!

Glad you caught the gag. Use it, make it yours.

High praise coming from you, appreciate it.

47. - PoolGuy - Thursday, Jan 9, 14 @ 8:40 am:

he wanted to be Mr. Purple, but some guy on some other job is Mr. Purple

* Illinois rated second most likely governor's office to flip parties
* It's just a bill
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - A couple of new mailers and a fundraising list
* Rauner says "left-leaning" Chicago press is "plenty biased"
* Keep your trackers out of taverns
* "If any region should feel alienated from state government, it's the suburbanites"
* Democratic legislator files resolution condemning "scofflaw counties"
* Rauner ad gets it wrong, but Pritzker needs to end his silence
* Just a small critique
* Are the Democrats unified?
* Buttigieg delivered the best zinger of the day
* White vows to finish out sixth term
* Rauner to return to Quincy Veterans Home this weekend
* *** LIVE COVERAGE ***

* Angie Muhs: SJ-R to host candidate debates in c.....
* Statehouse Insider: It's time for the campa.....
* Speak Out: Reader wants neighbors to clean up b.....
* McDermott: Amateur hour in Illinois..
* Miller: Mailers can be misleading..
* Rauner signs bill to educate students about loans..
* Gov. Rauner Signs Series of Public Safety Bills.....
* Sham candidates are an affront to democracy. He.....
* Governor signs Sen. Chuck Weaver's bill on .....
* Gov. Rauner names August 17 as Traffic Fatality.....

* Rediscovered bulldog mascot gets artist-custodian’s touch
* NW Indiana boy, 8, saves his brother, 2, from dog attack
* Carbondale considers biodegradable ‘natural’ burials
* Rockford officials christen $16M school in Cherry Valley
* Study: Most Illinois kindergarteners weren’t ready in 2017
* Illinois hunters will soon be allowed to wear pink; penalties increased for deer poaching
* Iowa river traffic relies on aging lock and dam system
* New 5-day bike ride to feature Illinois farms, vineyards
* Springfield agrees to pay half of factory-site cleanup
* Trump tabs Springfield-based prosecutor for US attorney

* Penalty for first-time distracted-driving ticket to increase
* Judge in Aaron Schock case removed from all cases involving federal government
* Rauner signs bill to educate students about loans
* Doris Kearns Goodwin coming to Springfield for fundraiser
* Davis staffer arrested after altercation at Londrigan fundraiser
* Illinois Democrats say downstate counties can go their way
* Rauner appoints GOP official Shaw to retirement board
* Illinois Democrats talk of importance of fall elections
* AP fact check: No Pritzker plan to increase taxes 26 percent
* Rauner: 2018 election is 'one of most important' in Illinois history

* DuPage pushes fight for O'Hare western terminal
* United sheds punching-bag status with biggest U.S. airline rally
* Northern Trust looks to get into crypto custody
* Redbox gears up for its first major ad campaign
* Whither the Kraft Heinz ketchup packet?

* 3 shot on Near North Side
* Man missing from Albany Park may need medical attention
* ‘Hidden gems’ of South, West sides served up at Taste of Black Chicago
* Utah man continues hunting after mountain lion stalks, attacks him
* It’s the Indians’ turn to honor Jim Thome and retire his number
* Trio of boys steal vehicle, hospitalized after crashing three times on West Side
* Community in disbelief after Crane basketball player’s suicide in police chase
* Don’s Snack Attack aims to provide a ‘little bit of lightness’ at the courthouse
* High School Football Preview: Chicago’s top 10 receivers

* ICE agents detain man who was driving his pregnant wife to hospital to give birth
* In a party dominated by Trumpism, growing ranks of forgotten Republicans sound warning
* MMA fighter accused of driving under influence of drugs in crash that killed father of 4
* Hitting refresh button may be Chris Sale's key to winning 1st Cy Young Award — once he returns from DL
* Trump's power plant plan could release hundreds of millions of tons of CO2 into air
* Ready or not, Bills are that much closer to Josh Allen time after AJ McCarron injury
* Federal report confirms children living at East Chicago Superfund site had high lead levels, negating 2011 study
* Boy, 13, charged following shooting at baskbetball tournament at Garfield Park fieldhouse
* Kofi Annan, former head of the U.N., dies at age 80
* Avisail Garcia returns to White Sox lineup against Royals

» New Law To Address Police Officers' Mental Health
» Chicago Musicians Remember Queen Of Soul Aretha Franklin
» Deep Fried Politics
» State Week: Both Democrats and Republicans Assert Party Unity At State Fair
» Web Extra, The Week in Review: Editorial Boards Push Back
» The Week in Review: Campaign Season ‘Officially’ Kicks Off at State Fair
» #664 Remembering Aretha Franklin
» Dems Vow Down-Ballot Effort, Red-State Reach
» Aug. 16, 2018 - Full Show
» Live From The State Fair: Ag, Food, Entertainment, And President Lincoln

* Penalty for first-time distracted-driving ticket to increase
* Statehouse Insider: It's time for the campaign season to begin. Again.
* Our View: Kindergarten study a good starting point
* BGA: How an ordinary homeowner forced reform upon an Illinois township government
* Angie Muhs: SJ-R to host candidate debates in congressional races
* Bernard Schoenburg: Ag policy forum featured only Republicans
* Rauner signs bill to educate students about loans
* Doris Kearns Goodwin coming to Springfield for fundraiser
* Counterpoint: It's another Trump idea that belongs on a Hollywood launch pad

* Highland lays to rest its leader, police chief, and public safety director
* Smith sees positives in scrimmage
* Vigil will mark 22nd anniversary of Trudy Appleby's disappearance
* Boil order lifted in Johnston City
* Carbondale Church of Christ, Gaia House to give away household items
* Woman with no vision in right eye attacked on MetroLink platform
* Q-C kids enjoy Discovery Fair
* Cayuga man arrested after stabbing
* Chris Gregory writes software for a new Animation Station at The Science Center
* 5 Questions with ... Melverta Wilkins, Caterpillar product change engineer and founder of Sista Girls and Friends

* South Elgin asking residents to speak up if they have complaints about MetroNet
* Summer Celebration held at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Des Plaines
* How Naperville college helps students become 'changemakers'
* Schaumburg man hailed for saving life of South Barrington woman
* Omarosa exaggerated Chicago's weekend murder tally

* Valerie review at Summerhall, Edinburgh – ...
* Illinois congressman's staffer arreste...
* Bernard Schoenburg: Ag policy forum featur...
* Illinois congressman's staffer arreste...
* $40 million expansion at IHI announced
* Randy Hultgren Hosts Several Town H...
* Will Trump's GOP give candidates room ...
* Despite year-of-the-woman buzz, female can...
* Campaign field director of GOP lawmaker ar...
* Angie Muhs: SJ-R to host candidate debates...

* Trump tabs Springfield-based prosecutor fo......
* Ami Investment Management Boosted Graham H......
* Rlj Lodging Tr (RLJ) Holder Land & Bui......
* Koch Industries Increased Its United Techn......
* Zacks Investment Management Has Upped Stak......

* Of the 4 female veterans in Congress, 2 ar......
* Can Tahirah Amatul-Wadud Become the Next P......
* Senate passes resolution defending press a......
* Just a small critique...
* Millhiser gets nod from Trump to be next U......

* Keep 'Em Down On The Farm
* The Week In Chicago Rock
* Kusanya clean-up day August 19, 2018
* Short-term ‘retirement’ post turns out to be a long-term one for Jesse White
* Univesity transfer students are now sought out...
* What if A.I. is coming for jobs faster than we thought?
* LMS market after Blackboard-Moodle breakup
* Building Tomorrow’s Talent: Collaboration Can Close Emerging Skills Gap
* Colleges and Universities Woo Once-Overlooked Transfer Students
* 10 Ways That Edtech Has Transformed Libraries

* Bicentennial announces plans for Aug. 26th Constitution Day
* Gov. Rauner proclaims Traffic Fatality Awareness Day, urges public's help in making Illinois roads safer
* Illinois Department of Human Rights Honors "Dream Builders"
* Gov. Rauner signs public safety legislation
* Illinois Payrolls Up for Sixth Straight Month

* Get over $4,300 worth of CompTIA certification training for only $59
* iPhone X + Huawei P20 = Motorola P30 | #PNWeekly 318
* Understanding color accuracy in mobile devices (Part 3 of 3)
* Honor Play in for review
* Netflix cancels its talk shows starring Michelle Wolf and Joel McHale
* We asked, you told us: Your favourite Galaxy Note 9 feature starts with a ‘4’
* Google rolls back Android Messages to old design and removes dark mode

* Moncada remains confident despite struggles
* Game CXIII: Royals at White Sox
* Daniel Palka fills the designated hitter role on Saturday for Wh...
* White Sox's Avisail Garcia: In lineup Saturday