Thursday, Aug 23, 2007
Up until now, we’ve just looked at reduction vetoes, but there were lots of line items as well. Here are some…
* For Charter Schools – Start-Up Grants…… 3,500,000
* For Healthy Kids/Healthy Minds/ Expanded Vision……… 3,000,000
* For Severely Overcrowded Schools as per Senate Bill 198… 5,000,000
* For Arts and Foreign Language Education… 5,500,000
* Community college Student Success Grants….. 3,000,000
* $863,336… reappropriated… for Arts Education
* $500,000… to the Illinois Student Assistance Commission for scholarships and living expenses grants to increase the number of forensic science students who are pursuing a program to become qualified to perform DNA testing at Illinois State Police forensic science facilities.
* State Board of Elections… For completion of Phase II of the Census 2010 Redistricting Program…. 350,000
* $1,659,400… to the Department of Agriculture for deposit into the State Cooperative Extension Service Trust Fund.
* $1,000,000… to the Illinois Arts Council for a grant to the Illinois Channel.
* For payment of attorneys’ fees and costs as ordered by the court in National Foreign Trade Council, Inc., et al. v. Alexi Giannoulias, et al… 400,000
* a grant associated with the United Business Association of Midway…. 125,000
* Another big OOF… They zeroed out Mike Madigan’s pet project… the Illinois Global Partnership Act:
* $170,000… to the Illinois Commerce Commission for railroad safety and inspection.
* Yikes - Historic Preservation Agency: For the Main Street Program…. 204,000
* $3,000,000… to the Department of Natural Resources for contributions of funds to park districts and other entities as provided by the “Illinois Horse Racing Act of 1975″ and to public museums and aquariums located in park districts, as provided by “An Act concerning aquariums and museums in public parks” and the “Illinois Horse Racing Act of 1975″
* For Grants to the Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center…… 500,000
* $8,000,000… to the Department of Human Services… For all costs associated with funding a “safety net” for mental health community based providers experiencing a financial hardship as a result of the transition to fee-for-service (2,500,000)… grant award of 0.5% of each provider’s contract for specific allowable fee-for-service conversion expenses, such as information technology and staff development (2,500,000)… For all costs associated with paying community mental health providers for Medicaid services above their total contract amount (3,000,000)
* $6,620,000… to the Department of Human Services, for all costs associated with a 3% cost of doing business adjustment for community based addiction treatment providers.
* For grants for School Based Health Center expansions… 3,000,000 (This was strongly supported in both chambers.)
* For expenses associated with development and coordination of birth related
* for the Rural Medical Education (RMED) program at the University of Illinois-Rockford………….700,000
* For Operational Expenses of Legacy Public Health Programs…. 335,700
* For expenses associated with newborn hearing programs…. 150,000
* For Expenses associated with Pandemic Flu Preparedness…. 1,183,000
* For a grant to the Have a Heart for Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation… 400,000
* ILLINOIS VETERANS’ HOME AT LASALLE… For the addition of 80 beds…. 2,225,600
* $6,250,000… for a grant to Operation Ceasefire (zeroed out)
* The sum of $2,000,000… for a Lincoln’s Challenge satellite campus which must be no closer than a 100 mile radius from the existing program.