image
Sandi Jackson: I get what I want or the furniture goes

Thursday, Jan 17, 2013

* Mary Mitchell writes about a recent teleconference Sandi Jackson had with her supporters, who were gathered at her former ward office. She believes that Mayor Emanuel will choose her anointed successor, Jackson chief of staff Keiana Barrett, even though Barrett doesn’t live in the ward. And what if the mayor chooses someone else? Well

Jackson also noted that all of the furnishings for her ward office at 71st and Exchange were bought with campaign dollars.

“That means the city does not own any of the furniture that you are currently sitting on, any of the furniture that is in the campaign office, any of the furniture that is in the aldermanic office. I bought every item personally, and if the mayor upholds my wishes, everything in that office will stay the same. Keiana will inherit everything,” Jackson said.

Words utterly fail me. Perhaps you can do better.

1. - He Makes Ryan Look Like a Saint - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:39 pm:

And politicians wonder why their ratings are so low?? tell her to call Mayflower and get it out of there.

2. - Kasich Walker, Jr. - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:39 pm:

…and no one may ever change the furniture in that Ward office. It is a sacred site.

3. - Been There - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:40 pm:

If it was as easy as letting them take the furniture, my guess is a lot, if not most, of the alderman would be asked to leave by their constituents. They would probably even rent the moving truck for them.

4. - Bill - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:40 pm:

I bet words won’t utterly fail Rahm when he reads this.

5. - Kerfuffle - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:42 pm:

So…..the final decision comes down to whether or not the mayor wants the appointee to have office furniture? I can’t believe the enormity of the threat!

6. - Plutocrat03 - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:43 pm:

Wouldn’t the Feds be repossessing the furniture at some time anyway? :’)

7. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:43 pm:

“So, I will take MY Ball … and I will go home”

8. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:45 pm:

Emanuel - “As the Alderman-Designate, instead of measuring the drapes, I would head to OfficeMax or someplace that sells….desks.”

9. - 3rd Generation Chicago Native - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:45 pm:

Talking like a demanding spoiled rotten brat.

10. - Kasich Walker, Jr. - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:45 pm:

2113 AD “….and this is the chair Sandi sat in during her first term as…..”

11. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:47 pm:

“As the new Alderman-Designate surveys the office space, the dust-bunnies in the corners, and J3 campaign posters are the only things found on the floor….”

12. - Kasich Walker, Jr. - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:50 pm:

Maybe the statement is being taken out of context and Sandi was joking because she recognized the selection process as no longer hers, though she hoped her recommendation would be taken.

13. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:50 pm:

“The space is great, ” said the Alderman-Designate of the 7th Ward, “I see all the furniture is gone, but my question is did Ald. Sandi Jackson take all the FBI wiretaps with her, or do I need to call the Chicago Office to have the ‘G” go do that for themselves?”

14. - Just Observing - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:51 pm:

I’m sure Rahm is at an uttler loss on how to handle this. On one hand he wants to appoint a successor of his choice; on the other hand he really, really wants to make certain the successor has that furniture. I also heard Sandi is threatening to keep the office phone number if her successor is not her choice — otherwise they are going to have to call the phone company and order a new phone number.

15. - OneMan - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:52 pm:

Yes because if anyone knows the implications of buying furniture with campaign funds…

or
    “Mr Mayor, she said she would take the furniture”
    “Damn, that’s the good stuff from Staples, can’t lose that, you win this round Sandy”

or
    She was later quote as saying “I mean come on, this furniture is high tech, just last week I noticed there were some small wires running out of the back of that chair…”

16. - WazUp - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:52 pm:

“Hello FBI…yes I would like to report misuse of campaign funds”

Don’t mess with the Rahmbo!

17. - Bill - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:52 pm:

Rahm should appoint Darcel just to make a point. Besides at least she lives in the ward.

18. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:53 pm:

“Mayor Emauel gave me some good advice, ‘Wednesday is “garbage day” in the Ward, so start there when looking for file cabinets or desks.’ That is pretty good advice”.

19. - Dee Lay - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:54 pm:

She just challenged Rahm to a power duel!?

Wonder who will win that one…….

20. - 47th Ward - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:54 pm:

Reminds me of my favorite National Lampoon cover, featuring a photo of an adorable pup with a gun to its head: Buy this magazine or we’ll shoot this dog!

21. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:54 pm:

Ok, I waited longe enough….

Under direct orders from former Ald. Sandi Jackson, the movers took the furniture, but left the Cannoli.

22. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:58 pm:

“Alderman Jackson, we hear you … we understand … yes Ma’am …. I know it’s YOUR furniture … I … yes … I got it, but I think you don’t understand, Congressman Jackson can’t take any of it to Oxford with him …. nope … none of it … sure, call back … thanks.”

23. - Yossarian Lives - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 1:59 pm:

One word: IKEA. If the newly appointed alderman can figure out how to put the furniture together, he or she may just have enough sense to do the job.

24. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:00 pm:

EMANUEL TO APPOINT WALTER E. SMITH ALDERMAN OF THE 7TH WARD

25. - wordslinger - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:00 pm:

If there is anyone around her with a clue, they might want to inform Ald. Jackson that her days of making any kinds of demands are over.

The only mission now is to stay out of the federal dock. I wouldn’t count on supplementing the family income with any future campaign consulting work, either.

26. - 13thOne - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:00 pm:

Shakedown to the very end. Apparently the ex alderperson forgot that the City provides the funds that pay the rent. I hope Rahm has a handful of laborers standing at the door tomorrow morning ready to throw all that privately owned furniture into the alley. Then send her a bill for the laborers time, and if she dosen’t pay it put a lien on her home. As Rahm would say, I raise you one.

27. - LincolnLounger - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:01 pm:

The “First Lady of the Second Congressional District” has some bite!

28. - Jimmy 87 - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:01 pm:

“I bought every item personally…”

And next up at today’s DOJ asset forfeiture auction we have a lovely desk and assorted office furniture. All lightly used - scratch that, VERY lightly used.

29. - VanillaMan - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:02 pm:

Imelda?
    The shoes stay!

Leona?
    The taxman is here!

Marie?
    The cake is gone!

Sandi?
    Rahm’s on the phone!

30. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:04 pm:

“Although a really, really, REALLY small percentage of the 7th Ward, Mayor Emanuel appoints the city’s 1st Amish alderman, Obediah Ishmael Jones. Alderman-Designate Jones is a furniture maker by trade…”

31. - J - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:07 pm:

Alas, now Karen Lewis will know Rahm’s weakness for free furniture

32. - Formerly Known As... - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:07 pm:

Wow. No shame at all in those comments, is there?

Even after being “linked to federal investigations into her husband’s campaign fund”, drawing lucrative paychecks from her husband’s campaign for so many years, consistent absenteeism, etc. she still has the nerve to look people in the eye and demand special treatment.

Way to keep it classy til the end.

33. - 47th Ward - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:08 pm:

It’s her seat afterall, she bought it fair and square. And her chairs, and her desks and her file cabinets. I’m sure the IRS will want a detailed list of assets to include on her tax forms next year.

34. - shore - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:09 pm:

This Barrett woman has some Schock like photos on her facebook pictures. Living the life, including one with Mrs. Jackson in a really expensive versailles like fur coat. They live large down there.

It’s a great story by Mary Mitchell but if you’re the jacksons the most damning part of it is the line about how she got it. One of the precinct workers-part of the inner sanctum thought enough of jackson that they were willing to go through the trouble to record the thing on their cell phone and then hand that to a columnist to trash her. Says a lot when your people turn on you like that.

35. - Formerly Known As... - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:09 pm:

Wow. No shame at all in those comments, is there?

Keeping it classy til the end.

36. - wordslinger - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:12 pm:

–I’m sure the IRS will want a detailed list of assets to include on her tax forms next year.–

Yeah, you probably want to claim ownership of as little as possible right about now.

37. - OneMan - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:13 pm:

At this point Sandi has less leverage than a mouse on the short end of a see-saw..

38. - Give Me A Break - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:14 pm:

Willy that was a classic.

Hey there is an Amish Mafia with a series on TV now. Just saying.

39. - Jasper - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:14 pm:

Am I missing something, or is she really stupid?

One more thing — when will people learn ALWAYS SPEAK AS IF THE OTHER PERSON IS WEARING A WIRE. How could she say these things and not expect that word would get out?

40. - OneMan - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:14 pm:

Take the furniture and the Cannoli

41. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:15 pm:

===Shakedown to the very end. Apparently the ex alderperson forgot that the City provides the funds that pay the rent. I hope Rahm has a handful of laborers standing at the door tomorrow morning ready to throw all that privately owned furniture into the alley.===

After her challenge, how delicious woud that be?

Two words - Road. Trip.

And a picture for a Caption Contest.

42. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:17 pm:

WARD STAND-STILL; FURNITURE BLOCKING REPLACEMENT IN 7TH WARD

43. - Quizzical - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:18 pm:

I am not going to let Lance Armstrong or the NRA be the worst person of the week without a fight!

44. - Cheryl44 - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:20 pm:

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a picture of Sandi Jackson before, but now I know why you never see her and LaToya in the same room.

45. - just sayin' - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:21 pm:

Blago’s sitting out west right now working on a 14 yr stretch, saying, really? seriously?

46. - I don't want to live in Teabagistan - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:22 pm:

Isn’t misuse of campaign dollars how we got here in the first place?

47. - Kasich Walker, Jr. - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:23 pm:

It’s all part of striving to “not lose ground on all that we have done so far…..it’s our mission”

We have Peotone Int’l and we have the furniture. Midway & Gary might be closer to this very office, but you have the knowledge and independence to step up and take a leadership role.

Do not forget it: You have the FURNITURE!.

This organization is not personality driven.

It is all about furniture and serving in the City Council itself.

Martin Mull FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

48. - Wensicia - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:29 pm:

==but now I know why you never see her and LaToya in the same room.==

Good stuff!

49. - OneMan - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:30 pm:

I mean look at that chair, you don’t find Naugahyde like that anyplace…

50. - train111 - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:30 pm:

Sandi Jackson, a match and 5 gallons of gasoline hold Rahm Emanuel and the entire City of Chicago hostage:

“Give me what I want–or the furniture gets it!!!!”

train111

51. - Wensicia - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:30 pm:

==if the mayor upholds my wishes, everything in that office will stay the same.==

Emanuel: Call the movers.

52. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:32 pm:

former Alderman Sandi Jackson, hearing that Mayor Emanuel did not (gasp!) choose her choice to replace her, started to leave her furnished office …

Well I’m gonna to go then! That new Alderman doesn’t need any of this. I need this stuff, and I don’t need the 7th Ward either. I don’t need anything. Except this. And that’s the only thing I need is *this*. I don’t need this or this. Just this DESK… And this FILE CABINET. - The DESK and the FILE CABINET and that’s all I need… And this remote control & FLAT SCREEN TV. - The DESK, the FILE CABINET, and the remote control & FLAT SCREEN, and that’s all I need… And these CREDENZAS. - The DESK, and these CREDENZAS, and the remote control & FLAT SCREEN TV, and the FILE CABINET… And this LAMP. - The DESK, this FILE CABINET, and the remote control & FLAT SCREEN TV, and the LAMP, and that’s all *I* need. And that’s *all* I need too. I don’t need one other thing, not one… I need this. - The FILE CABINET and the CHAIR, and the remote control & FLAT SCREEN TV, and the CREDENZAS for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I’m some kind of an ALLEGED FELON or something! - And this. That’s all I need… and this furniture magazine, and the CHAIR.

And I don’t need one other thing, except my dog….I don’t need my dog.

53. - Formerly Known As... - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:32 pm:

@Oswego Willy on an absolute roll today.

Much obliged.

54. - Chad - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:34 pm:

Yes, Sandy. We will all line up and start talking trash against the Mayor when someone else is appointed because you are just so powerful. Why, he will just crumble into a sobbing ball of tears when he finds out your mighty influence will surely, surely result in his appointee being turned out of office. Yes sir-eee. Just tell us what to do and say!

55. - wordslinger - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:37 pm:

–We have Peotone Int’l and–

Now that the Jacksons are gone, isn’t it time for the state to sell its Peotone land?

As far as I can gather from the google, the state owns about 2,300 acres earmarked for Peotone.

Illinois farm land went up about 20% last year, and is going for about $10,000 to $13,000 an acre.

Isn’t it time to shut down this boondoggle and cash out?

56. - Formerly Known As... - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:37 pm:

=== To hear them talk, one could assume the Congressional Black Caucus is a cabal of power brokers making backroom deals that reverberate through the halls of Congress out to the rest of the country, maybe even the world.
    Inside Rayburn, the four people who actually run the caucus said that assumption — though fantastical — may not be entirely off base.

“We’re at the threshold of change and growth and infinite possibilities,” Barrett, 35, exclaimed with a sincerity that reached beyond her role as communications director. ===

Two months later, Senator Obama was elected President.

And Ms. Barrett departed Washington DC and running the CBC to… become Alderman Sandi Jackson’s Chief of Staff???

Didn’t see that one coming.

57. - How Ironic - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:38 pm:

Rahm’s future choice now between a desk and a bookcase.

58. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:40 pm:

- Formerly Known As… -,

Thank you for the kinds words!

59. - How Ironic - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:40 pm:

Mayor of Chicago politial choice stymied by pencil sharpner.

60. - Kasich Walker, Jr. - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:45 pm:

Should Rahm give his appointee a recording of “Martin Mull and His Fabulous Furniture” or send it to Sandi?

Should he keep the record for himself?

61. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:49 pm:

FILE UNDER DOPEY - JACKSON THREATENS FURNITURE SEIZURE, FEDS PROMISE SAME TO JACKSON

62. - Pot calling kettle - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:52 pm:

Depending on the quality of the furnishings and the taste of the decorator, leaving them could be more of a threat.

63. - Pot calling kettle - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:53 pm:

I wonder if she will leave the listening devices? Technically, they belong to the Feds.

64. - Irish - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:09 pm:

Take the desk leave the cannoli

65. - Irish - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:12 pm:

Rahm appoints someone else
    The Feds impound the furniture as evidence (ill gotten gains)

66. - Just Observing - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:14 pm:

=== In all seriousness (for those of us who don’t do much election law) how is this different from what her husband is facing? Aren’t the allegations against him that he used campaign funds for furniture? ===

No, you can use campaign funds to supplement your public office. However, except for a few politicians grandfathered in, you cannot use it for personal financial/material gain.

67. - OneMan - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:15 pm:

Come on guys, it’s great furniture, it isn’t like she spent much time in her office communting from DC and all…

It’s like new….

68. - Irish - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:16 pm:

Sorry OW, missed your post above @1:54. Should have known that plum was gone. LOL

69. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:19 pm:

- Give Me A Break -,

Thanks. Appreciate it!

I was also thinking about the Swearing-In ceremony and the 1st act as Alderman would be measuring for the furniture.

70. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:21 pm:

- Irish -,

No harm. Heck, I waited a bit thinking it was going to go sooner!

71. - OneMan - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:21 pm:

Perhaps this guy can help Sandi out with the furniture

Where you always get a free onion…

72. - Rich Miller - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:24 pm:

===Where you always get a free onion…===

I bought a table from them many years ago. They were out of onions. Man, I was upset.

73. - How Ironic - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:24 pm:

Chicago grinds to halt as empty office befuddles purchase managers.

Area office furniture stores scramble to assemble enough furnishings for 1 office.

Jackson declares “If the chair don’t fit, the vote don’t mean $%&#”

74. - soccermom - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:25 pm:

Seriously — I want to like Ald. Jackson. I really do. I can’t imagine what it’s like for her or her children. But every time I work up some sympathy…

75. - Jasper - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:31 pm:

Just Observing –
    That’s what I meant. Buying it for the office was OK, but if she followed up on the threat and took it home she would be doing the same as JJJ.

76. - vise77 - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:42 pm:

Will she hold her breath until her face turns blue, too?

77. - Formerly Known As... - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:45 pm:

@Oswego Willy: and that was BEFORE I saw your stream-of-Sandi’s-consciousness post that went up at the same time as mine.

Laugh out loud type quality.

Your comments, and those of so many others, really help bring some momentary levity to otherwise sour developments.

It’s a great balance that’s developed here over the years, thanks in large part to Rich’s moderation.

With that being said, now let’s argue about something. Everyone. Quickly.

78. - Formerly Known As... - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:50 pm:

OT, but it appears Anita made another new friend in Congressman Rush as of today:

“You see in Koschman to Kyser a pattern of flagrant disregard for justice,” he said.

The hits just keep on coming.

79. - walkinfool - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:51 pm:

Assuming this report is accurate — Since the campaign, not Ms. Jackson, actually owns the furniture, I suppose she can donate it to another campaign, or to a charity. If she takes it home, it’s income from her campaign funds, whch I wouldn’t suggest she take.

80. - Jasper - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:52 pm:

Would Sandi have to actually come to Chicago to take back her furniture?

Sandi always deeply understood the hard times the voters of her ward were facing. That’s why she avoided living near them.

81. - Jasper - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 3:57 pm:

Wonder what the former Chief of Staff did to annoy Sandi so much? I mean, she had to know that the CoS has no chance now.

Sandi’s not stupid, right? She must have known people would be reporting this. The CoS must have done something truly terrible to Sandi.

82. - Anonymous - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 4:00 pm:

The Jackson reality show certainly in the works. Class all the way…

83. - Dazed & Confused - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 4:00 pm:

Amazing. So Keiana can have the furniture, sit in a very nice office and enjoy NO constituents who will come by and visit. Further, she won’t have the congressional staff allowance to pay rent. Sooner rather than later, Jackson will be selling this furniture at a deep discount!!

84. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 4:01 pm:

- Formerly Known As… -,

Honestly, I try to keep up with everyone, and that is a tough task because there are SO many good commenters here. I am just glad I gat to hang here with everyone.

Good point, Rich’s moderation is what has made the differende, and then add the policing of ourselves, tough recipe to cook, but when it works like here, it awesome.

It’s also like Illinois weather, give it 5 minutes and the tone can change and you better keep up!

So thanks, and thanks to all from me!

To the post:

Rahm, “Well ‘Alderman’, from what I hear, I should be able to get that furniture fairly cheap come auction time, so I’ll let you keep it. It will be fun buying it from the Feds.”

85. - Arthur Andersen - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 4:09 pm:

If we had a nickel for every f-bomb dropped on the fifth floor after Rahm heard this, we could buy some nice cannoli for the whole gang.
    Maybe even some used office furniture.

86. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 4:18 pm:

- AA -

Whgy is it that when I post Cannoli, no hunger for one, someone else posts it, and then I read it, I need Cannoli? Back to Caputo’s tonight I guess!

To the Post:

Dear former Alderman Jackson,

I once was in a horrible position of having the furniture, but no office space. After working in my Garage for a bit, I found some space and it worked out.

If you need a place to fill with office furniture, load it on a truck and get out to me. I know my garage can handle a Ward Office’s furniture.

Understandgin your situation, and trying to help,

Sincerely,

Jim Laski

former City Clerk (and former “Garage Band” Alderman)

p.s. Give the “G” a good one for me, will ya?

87. - Responsa - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 4:24 pm:

I think the “don’t let the door hit you on the way out” phrase is highly appropropriate for this woman and this scene.

88. - Kasich Walker, Jr. - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 4:32 pm:

@wordslinger –

Yes and yes to your questions.

By the way, no airport but Peotone has a pretty good flea market. Maybe Sandi can auction it.

89. - sal-says - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 4:43 pm:

Probably has been said. Haven’t read all the comments. But…

If Ms. Jackson thinks that the furniture will sway a Rahm decision, she may need professional counseling too.

90. - Bemused - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 4:56 pm:

My dad used to have a phrase he would utter under his breath when he met a couple of people he felt were less than full wits.

“There goes a pair to draw too”

With JJJ and Sandi I can hear it now.

He also refered to me and my best friend as Pete and Repete. Funny Guy

91. - zatoichi - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 5:31 pm:

Yard Sale or OBO

92. - PublicServant - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 6:07 pm:

I know what I’d do with the furniture, but Sandi wouldn’t like sitting down given the location of the splinters.

93. - Shemp - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 6:31 pm:

Yes, but does the State really need $25m?

- wordslinger - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 2:37 pm:

Isn’t it time to shut down this boondoggle and cash out?

94. - Emily Booth - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 8:25 pm:

Oh, Rahm doesn’t care. He threw a fit when a neighbor left a bag of garden vegetables on his front porch. His personal police detail hadn’t noticed.

95. - Oneman - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 8:54 pm:

I would do it, but then she will take the office furniture said no one ever…

96. - Boone Logan Square - Thursday, Jan 17, 13 @ 10:09 pm:

“I didn’t know the Room Place had bars on the windows.”

97. - Fifty-First Ward - Friday, Jan 18, 13 @ 12:13 am:

In 2007 when Sandi Jackson took office, she had a fit about not having any money to put together an aldermanic office. The Beavers people obviously didn’t pass along anything. The City Council allocated $10,000 to each ward specifically for office equipment and furniture that year, in addition to the regular aldermanic expense acct. We called it the “Sandi Jackson money” in our ward office and used it to buy some file cabinets, a new refrigerator and microwave. We only used about half of what was allocated. What did she buy with her $10,000 of Sandi Jackson money, and where is that going? I would call that City property.

98. - Ah HA - Friday, Jan 18, 13 @ 7:29 am:

Isn’t that a little arrogant??? (note i said a little…)

99. - mxb71 - Friday, Jan 18, 13 @ 12:50 pm:

Kudos to the Mayor for stepping in and running the show.

* Duckworth to announce on Monday
* Rauner mulls selling Thompson Center
* It's just a bill...
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Brown: Exploring an exploratory committee is "under review"
* Rauner administration denies union report of progress on fair share suit
* *** UPDATED x2 - Durbin out of the running? *** Illinois Republicans react to potential Durbin elevation
* Is a new era finally dawning in Illinois?
* Meanwhile, in Opposite Land...
* Good morning!

* [Deal] Grab the Pioneer VH-4100NEX Android Auto car radio for $554 from Amazon
        * TC AppleCast 11: If You Had To Choose Just One – Apple Hardware Or Apple Software?
        * Be part of the Star Wars Rebels in new Android game
        * Long-rumored Windows Phone 3D Touch Mixview finally pictured
        * Olio brings its first smartwatch to the wearable market
        * How Lightroom works: Where it keeps your images and presets, and how to back up
        * Motorola isn’t keen on tablets, suggests Lenovo Yogas