* NRA lobbyist Todd Vandermyde posted this at the Illinois Carry website today…
Governor Quinn is set to announce an amendatory veto of HB-183 tomorrow with fanfare at the Thompson Center.
The Governor is rumored to be making several changes to the bill which would include:
· Limiting individuals to carrying a single handgun with a single magazine and no more than 10 rounds of ammo.
· Changing the definition to where the handgun must be completely concealed as opposed to concealed or mostly concealed
· Banning carry in any place that serves alcohol except private clubs and residence. This would nullify the restaurant carry provisions of the bill.
· Inverting the no carry posting to make carry permissible only in places that post it is OK to carry a concealed firearm
· Allowing employers to ban firearms on their property and negate the safe harbor provisions.
· Remove the ability of individuals to get out of their vehicle and store their handguns in the trunk of their vehicle
Keep in mind that this is only a rumor and has not yet been confirmed. I’m just letting you know what the NRA is saying right now.
Apparently, at least one person who was asked to attend the presser tomorrow was given the above outline.
…Adding… The parking lot and signage provisions were confirmed by the governor’s office earlier today to a legislative source.