* The SJ-R goes with Kirk Dillard for governor…
Dillard, a suburban state senator from Hinsdale since 1993 and former chief of staff for former Illinois Gov. Jim Edgar, has a record of moderate views on fiscal and economic matters involving the state. In a state whose books are so dramatically out of whack, why look for moderation in a leader? Because reason and moderation — not heavy-handed, uncompromising pledges to take a jackhammer to Illinois government — are how good leaders get things done.
* But the Moline Dispatch and the Rock Island Argus go with Bruce Rauner…
Based on their records and long commitment to making Illinois a better place to live, we believe Sens. Dillard and Brady and Treasurer Rutherford could slide easily into the governor’s office and get to work within the system to try to change it. But is incremental change at glacial speed what Illinois needs? Or is it time to explore shaking up a system that has made one of the best states in the nation one of the worst in far too many categories?
* After years of running together, Brady and Rutherford now running against each other
* Tom Kacich: It’s time for ugly part of campaigning
* Doubek: No Profiles In Courage
* Kass: In Illinois Republican primary, no white knights
* GOP Governor’s Race: 8 Issues You Should Know
* GOP governor candidates cite proudest accomplishments
* Local Historian Shares Thoughts on Governor’s Race
* 5 questions with Bruce Rauner