* From Republican state Rep. Ron Sandack’s Facebook page…
As of this moment (9:22 am), 151 people “liked” Sandack’s post.
I don’t think this is a joke, by the way, even though Rep. Sandack supports the gay marriage bill.
*** UPDATE *** Illinois Review reports that State Central Committeewoman Deb Detmers listed folks who have been contacted by the state GOP and have expressed an interest…
* former Congressman Joe Walsh,
* former candidate for lietuenant governor Don Tracy,
* State Representative Ron Sandack,
* Cook County Commissioner Brad Schneider,
* former congressional candidate Jim Nalepa,
* State Central Committeeman Jack Dorgan,
* State Central Committeeman Mark Shaw and
* State Central Committeeman and head of Chicago Young Republicans Angel Garcia.
Eight others have been contacted with no reply yet, Detmers reported, while several others have been contacted and indicated no interest in “applying” for the position. The contacting process will continue until Sunday night, and then plans for interviews with the candidates will begin.