Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Question of the day
Question of the day

Thursday, Apr 10, 2014

* From WUIS

The Quinn campaign is criticizing Rauner for not doing enough to denounce Cellini, but when reporters asked him about it in the Capitol, Quinn said: “Well I don’t want to get into politics here.”

And then went on to talk for more than a minute, saying of Cellini, “he’s now a convicted felon and I certainly don’t want to have anything to do with him personally and I think anybody who aspires to this office should say clear of him, and make that crystal clear to the people of Illinois.”

But leading up to the 2006 election, then Lt. Gov Quinn stood by Blagojevich, even though media reports had catalogued many allegations of corruption.

A reporter asked Quinn why the Rauner/Cellini situation is any different from his support of Blagojevich.

Again, Quinn said “I’m not going to get into any politics.”

And this time, he meant it.

* The Bruce Rauner campaign sent along this Quinn quote…

Quinn on Blagojevich: “He’s always been a person who’s honest and one of integrity…I have confidence the governor does the right thing all the time.” (Daily Herald, 9/15/06)

* And this statement…

“Pat Quinn knew about Rod Blagojevich’s corrupt dealings and vouched for him anyway, calling Blago ‘honest’ and ‘ethical’ and someone who ‘always does the right thing,’” Rauner Campaign Spokesman Mike Schrimpf said. “This is the biggest lie yet from Quinnocchio.”

* And this photo…

Heh.

* The Question: Caption?

1. - A modest proposal - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:37 pm:

Looks like Lisa Madigan was right to avoid that conversation…

2. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:38 pm:

PAST REMARKS ON BLAGO; SHOTS TO THE CHIN FOR QUINN

3. - Norseman - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:44 pm:

Great job with the effusive applause during my speech Pat. I will now let you use DOT’s helicopter this month.

4. - Pete - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:44 pm:

Blago: “Pat, you know what the gov lite is good for?”
    Quinn: “Nothin.”
    Blago: “And don’t you forget it.”

5. - AFSCME Steward - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:44 pm:

Thanks for sticking up for me kido.

6. - Mason born - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

Blago “Stick with me buddy we’ll be eating of the public for years.”

Rauner “This thing is f’ng Golden”

7. - Mason born - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

of = off

8. - Formerly Known As... - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

Blago: “Hey buddy! Thanks for vouching me.”

PQ: “Look, I don’t want to get into politics here.”

Blago: “But you just… this is… politics… huh? OK, buddy. Whatever you say. See you at the office.”

- turns around: “Football? Who’s got ‘the football’? This coif needs some grooming.”

9. - AFSCME Steward - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

This is how it works. I pretend to straigntten your tie. Check your shirt pocket later.

10. - Anonymous - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

Blago: “Hey thanks for the words of support, you won’t regret it”

11. - AFSCME Steward - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:46 pm:

Whoops. Let’s try again.

This is how it works. I pretend to straighten your tie. Check your shirt pocket later.

12. - Almost the Weekend - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:49 pm:

Not part of caption, but why doesn’t Quinn make the Levine connection with GTCR?

13. - wordslinger - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:50 pm:

“Pass this on to Lisa.”

14. - CapnCrunch - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:50 pm:

PQ: I’ve got your back man!

15. - Almost the Weekend - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:50 pm:

Caption

“Don’t worry Pat in 5 years we will both have gray hair.”

16. - PoolGuy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:51 pm:

just remember Pat don’t ever raise taxes, they’ll hate you for it. trust me…

17. - Toure's Latte - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:55 pm:

Blag: “Hey Buddy, How’s it goin’?”

Quinn: “Who let you in! Security get him out of here!”

Lisa (?): “I see nothing…nothing!”

18. - fed up - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 12:56 pm:

Blago: “Ill teach you everything you need to know’

Quinn ” remember you promised to introduce me to Triple J”

19. - OneMan - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:00 pm:

The Governor quickly checks Quinn for a wire…

20. - CircularFiringSquad - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:00 pm:

So Missteps about Blagoofian moments balances Mitt”Lead Feet” Rauner latest bungle on Cellini?
    Then we guess that fact that Mitt’s first record IL political drop was $25K to George Ryan has no bearing on shaking us up in the future.
    Pretty fun.
    Given’s Mitt’s habit of dancing near the file. Let’s start looking for moments he and Blagoof snuggled up to one another
    Ald. Mel (retired_ calling the retired alderman

21. - Stuff happens - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:01 pm:

Thanks for your support, buddy. Have you seen Rahm? I wanted to talk to him about a school grant.

22. - Chicago Cynic - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:04 pm:

“Thanks for always having my back buddy!”

23. - Jeff Trigg - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:07 pm:

Blagojevich: Have you seen my hair brush Pat?
    Quinn: Ouch!
    Lisa: I already endorsed those two winners, let’s find another honest Democrat I can stake my credibility on.

24. - archimedes - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:11 pm:

Rogaine - give it a shot.

25. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:17 pm:

“Here Pat… these are ‘3 Envelopes’…”

26. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:18 pm:

Oh geez…

“Here Pat… these are ‘3 Envelopes’…when you take over and are in trouble, open ‘1′…”

27. - Res Melius - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:20 pm:

Blago: … I’m on my way. Hillary will be way too old. You’ll make a great VP choice. Lisa can rescue the state.
    Lisa: (exit stage left)

28. - 47th Ward - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:22 pm:

I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart.

29. - Walter Mitty - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:26 pm:

Hey Blago, Someday I will call on you for a favor, one that you may not let go unfufilled. A man, from the future, will be able to out “Pat Quinn” Pat Quinn… You will need to help…

30. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:26 pm:

- 47th Ward -, pretty good!

For you, my friend;

“Only don’t tell me that you’re innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry”

31. - OneMan - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:27 pm:

And you are?

32. - Walter Mitty - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:27 pm:

Sorry… Bump it… You know that knuckle thingy all the kids do?

33. - Upon Further Review - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:29 pm:

B: I beg your pardon!

Q: Excuse me sir, but, in future, I will only be able to pardon criminal offenses relating to the State of Illinois. You will need to seek pardon from the US President.

34. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:29 pm:

“No, you’re out of the Mell family business, that’s one of your punishments. You’re finished. Fitzgerald is putting you on a plane to Colorado…”

35. - William j Kelly - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:35 pm:

Quinn: I’ll walk this way and you walk that way…. And keep walking …no stopping … No touching.. NO TALKING …keep walking Rod ….

36. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:37 pm:

Sidebar.

I always thought of Blago as “Carlo”…

“Caption?”

“Yeah, let’s talk business, Rod. First of all, you’re all done. The Mell Family don’t even have that kind of muscle anymore to get you outta the Fed’s crosshairs. Ald. Mell’s sick of you, right? You’re getting chased out of your house by the Press hounding you, and the other families on your block. What do you think is going on here? You think you can come to my seat after speaking and get support? I talked to Mell - I can make a deal with him, and still be the next Governor.”

37. - Later - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:40 pm:

Pat stick with me! I can get you a good job in the Kitchen. Maybe we could, even be cellies!

38. - Name Withheld - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:50 pm:

Hail Hydra

39. - A guy... - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:56 pm:

Don’t look now, but our greatest nemesis at 3 O’Clock. I said don’t look. You wanna fresh one?

40. - Mason born - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 1:59 pm:

Potential Governor Framed by two of the worst examples of IL Governors.

41. - zatoichi - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 2:01 pm:

PQ’s heart and lung locked up in a panic once he realized what he had stepped into by supporting Blago. With a quick Fist of Fury punch, Sensei Rod quickly revived the shaken PQ, who knew that now he had to support RB.

42. - Judgment Day - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 2:01 pm:

In honor of Bill……

WHOOPS!!!

43. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 2:11 pm:

“Pat, leave the speech, take the hairbrush…”

44. - Jeff Trigg - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 2:28 pm:

Blagoyevich: A few million in campaign cash and I’ll make you a US Senator, Pat. A US SENATOR.
    Lisa: I didn’t hear that, I know nothing.

45. - Mokenavince - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 2:46 pm:

Get in there Pat and kick her ***.

46. - A guy... - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 2:52 pm:

Don’t worry about her. Her old man will deal with her. Family style. At Sunday dinner.

47. - LisleMike - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 2:58 pm:

Hey, we’re a couple of wild and craaazy guys! Check out the chick on my right, I think she’s into me!”

48. - Hans Sanity - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 3:15 pm:

In 2005, as Lt. Governor, Pat Quinn goosed Rod Blagojevich in front of the General Assembly and Illinois leadership.

He was warned never to do it ever again.

49. - FormerParatrooper - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 3:39 pm:

Hey man, you gonna bring my hair stuff to the joint, right?

50. - FormerParatrooper - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 3:49 pm:

Hey Pat, you coming to hokey pokey night at the pokey? I got this move thats f@& golden man

51. - Robert the Bruce - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 4:02 pm:

Hey Pat, what kinda money do you think I could get out of that Bruce Rauner guy?

52. - Louis G. Atsaves - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 4:05 pm:

Playful partners!

53. - Joe from Joliet - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 4:07 pm:

FPB-
    One day Samsung will make phone that will tranfer data like this (thud) just touch. I just transferred to you the power of BLA, the power to make taxpayer money disappear. You can use this great power to surreptitiously transfer a huge amounts of money - say, $50 million - to Democratic insiders without a shed of ethical concern. Save that one until just before an election.

54. - AFSCME Steward - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 4:29 pm:

Either you play ball with me or Betsy gets it.

55. - AFSCME Steward - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 4:30 pm:

Blago: Look, I know who you are. I’ll only say this once, Illinois ain’t ready for reform.

56. - Soccermom - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 4:48 pm:

47th — That was perfect.

57. - The End Is Near - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 4:50 pm:

“Keep your chin up, Pat. Once I land that Ambassador to India job, all this is gonna be yours, my friend.”

58. - The End Is Near - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 4:57 pm:

“The game is the game, Pat. You feel me?”

59. - Arthur Andersen - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 5:05 pm:

Bill really is a good guy once you get to know him, Pat. So I’ve heard anyways.

60. - The End Is Near - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 5:15 pm:

“Play ALL the tapes, Pat, then you’ll understand. Better yet, play all the tapes AND sync them up to the video from “The Wizard of Oz. It’s mind-blowing.”

61. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 5:46 pm:

“Pat, DeLeo is a prankster, he calls at all hours pretending to be someone or another. If you don’t keep your wits about you, he’ll prank you like a blind upper cut…”

62. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 5:59 pm:

“You see how I did that Pat? ‘Wam!’, a stuff upper but to Madigan. You have to show ‘Mike’ who’s boss. Sure, did I want to be so rough, but I can’t Fire him. The thing is, Madigan never negotiated with a guy like me. Madigan will learn, or get another upper cut…”

63. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 6:00 pm:

… stiff upper cut…

Stupid phone.

64. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 6:03 pm:

GOLDEN GLOVES BOXER BEFORE THE STEEL BRACELETS

65. - Anonymous - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 8:24 pm:

“Still dressing off the rack, Pat?”

66. - Steve Downstate - Thursday, Apr 10, 14 @ 10:34 pm:

“Someday when I’m in prison — because I stood up for the people and quoted lots of bleepin’ poets — you’ll bring me a cake with a steel file in the middle. Right, Pat? Right??”

67. - Jimbo - Friday, Apr 11, 14 @ 8:36 am:

Well the pic shows Rod clearly liked Pat. I’m not sure it shows that Pat has any love for him.

* Amazon HQ2 site list unveiled
* Out of sight out of mind?
* Frerichs tries to use state investments to prod Facebook into cleaning up its act
* The rise of the billionaire governors
* Camelot promises to grow lottery sales by 40 percent
* Munger tries to defend Rauner veto of Debt Transparency Act
* Rauner: "I can’t comment on any business disputes"
* Rauner finally takes a stand on a federal issue
* Moody's says "political backlash" against pop tax could make other tax hikes more difficult
* Report: Amazon subsidy could add up to $2 billion
* *** UPDATED x1 *** 10,800 jobs lost in a single month, but Illinois media barely notices
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Supplement to today’s edition
* MLB open thread

* More Than $200-Million in Spending Cut from Ill.....
* Rauner outlines $200 million in cuts to Illinoi.....
* Where is Southern Illinois? What does ‘downstat.....
* State Week: Chasing Amazon, Bonding Debt..
* WASHINGTON: Illinois needs a voter revolt..
* Editorial: Who’s opposed to transparent, fiscal.....
* EDITORIAL: 3 chances for Legislature to put thi.....
* Rich Miller: Pritzker leads every region of state..
* More questions than answers in announced Illino.....
* Rauner outlines $200 million in cuts to state b.....

* Group works to reopen Civil War museum in Illinois
* Rauner outlines $200 million in cuts to Illinois budget
* Rosemont police calls Jenkins' death "sad," an accident
* 2nd school forfeits football game at Chicago due to safety
* 2nd school forfeits football game at Chicago due to safety
* Medical students in limbo as young immigrant program ends
* Federal government to keep $20K after Yellowstone drug bust
* Steelmaker moving HQ from Chicago-area to Alabama city
* Steelmaker moving HQ from Chicago-area to Alabama city
* Illinois teachers can get tax credit for buying supplies

* Illinois Lottery's new manager projects $4B in sales
* UIS students could study at newly proposed Chicago research center
* Aaron Schock attorneys contest federal claims on misstatements
* Under the Dome Podcast: Will lawmakers address gun control during the veto session?
* Chicago lawyer announces bid for Illinois attorney general
* Illinois borrows $1.5B at reduced interest to pay down debt
* Rauner cuts human services, other area in state budget
* Pritzker makes list of richest Americans; Rauner releases tax returns
* Pritzker makes list of richest Americans; Gov. Rauner doesn't
* Pritzker makes list of richest Americans, Gov. Rauner doesn't

* The biggest Chicago-area building sales
* Emanuel's challenges are far from over
* Clarification
* Outrage followed by nothing. It's a familiar cycle in Chicago.
* Boeing bets on pilotless planes

* ‘Same Kind of Different as Me’ the beginning of a dutiful friendship
* Suit: Employee at Children’s Land daycare abused, neglected kids
* Mark Wahlberg brings good vibrations to Chicago for Catholic youth
* Boy, 17, shows up at hospital a day after being shot in Austin
* Chicago’s new Apple Store opens; ‘feels like home,’ 1st customer says
* Cubs need to get better — but could’ve been a heck of a lot worse
* Theo on Cubs’ 3-year run, challenges ahead: ‘Mission not accomplished’
* Man charged with dealing drugs in northwest suburbs
* Uncharacteristically physical ‘energy line’ gives Hawks a boost
* EDITORIAL: 3 chances for Legislature to put things right

* For Cubs, once may not be enough, but twice had better hurry
* Five key questions facing the Cubs this offseason
* Many Trump voters who got hurricane relief in Texas aren't sure about helping Puerto Rico
* Dusty Baker gone as manager of Nationals after 2 NL East titles
* With hugs and cheers, Apple Store opens at site of Chicago's first settlement
* Here are the 10 sites Chicago and Illinois sent to Amazon for HQ2
* 300,000 immigrants from Haiti, Central Americans could lose protected status in U.S.
* Highland Park residents evacuate after sidewalk collapses during flash flooding
* 2nd school forfeits football game vs. Hope; 'Maybe we're not reading same Bible'
* Man wants mom's tombstone to say she 'supported priest rapist victims,' but diocese objects

» Lawmaker Says Facebook Refuses To Fact Check Ads
» State Week: Chasing Amazon, Bonding Debt
» Teaching Kids To ‘Say Something’ In An Era of School Shootings
» Illinois Issues: Cities Lose Out On Retail Tax As Online Shopping Booms
» What Could Hurt Chicago’s Bid For Amazon’s HQ2?
» At CPS, More Special Education Dollars Go To White, Wealthier Students
» Illinois Bond Sale To Help Pay $16bn Debts
» Mayor To Propose Higher Prices For Ridesharing, Big Concerts
» WBEZ Investigation: CPS Secretly Overhauled Special Education At Students’ Expense
» How's The Illinois Economy? For Rauner Administration, Depends On The Audience

* Guest Column: What taxpayers should demand from next attorney general
* Ed Rogers: The Democratic Party's obsession with Hollywood celebrities was bound to blow up
* Illinois Lottery's new manager projects $4B in sales
* Counterpoint: Updating antiquated systems will open door to transparency
* Point: Taxpayers deserve a better look at the state’s bills
* Thumbs Up: To recent acts of kindness in Springfield
* Eugene Robinson: Trump's the one who didn't know 'what he was signing up for'
* UIS students could study at newly proposed Chicago research center
* Aaron Schock attorneys contest federal claims on misstatements
* Illinois Trial Lawyers Association: U.S. Chamber Poll is another attack on the rights of Illinois citizens

* High school football scoreboard: Oct. 20-21, 2017
* Eight-vehicle pileup in Southern Illinois ends with only minor injuries
* Live updates: Friday Night Tweets 2017
* Group works to reopen Civil War museum in Illinois
* 8-vehicle crash on I-57 injures 2, closes southbound lanes at Illinois 15 for 2.5 hours
* Rock Island County Clerk expands genealogical services
* Rauner administration outlines more than $200M in cuts from Illinois budget
* HS Football: Monticello vs St. Joe
* Legendary Carbondale bagel business for sale for $3,500 on Craigslist
* Five at 5: Lawmakers mull gun control bills and 4 other stories you should see

* Rosemont police: Kenneka Jenkins' death was accidental
* Boys soccer: Hampshire upsets Elgin for regional title
* Epstein: Cubs' 2017 season was in no way a bust
* No injuries reported in auto repair shop fire
* Gasoline leak into sewers causes Willowbrook explosions, house fires

* Helsinki Commission urges Erdogan to end p...
* Rival: Kinzinger not conservative - MyWebT...
* Hundreds of high school students tour Smit...
* Naperville's Lauren Underwood to run for R...
* Chicago Stock Exchange sale to Chinese inv...
* Helsinki Commission urges Erdogan to end p...
* Rival: Kinzinger not conservative - MyWebT...
* Dissident artist Ai Weiwei and US Rep. Ran...
* Hultgren 'disappointed' about potential re...
* Democratic 14th Congressional District can...

* Rock Island gets $971183 in federal grants......

* Rock Island gets $971183 in federal grants......
* Peoria, Pekin to receive federal housing g......

* Chicago Design Week’s best events
* Illinois teacher retirees: What the hell is Walgreen’s up to?
* Raimondo and Rahm make an offer to Amazon. It’s a secret.
* Will Third Time Be The Charm For 4537 N. Clark?
* The Chicago Trib’s scab columnist John Kass calls me a fanatic.
* Hitting Left with the Klonsky Brothers episode #37. Charles Thomas.
* Live From the Green Mill... It's Saturday Night!
* Forgotten Chicago Talks About Chicago's Arcade History, Saturday At The Bezazian
* Positive Loitering At Wilson/Broadway Tonight 6PM - 7PM
* How The Florida Project works wonders with cinematic time

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* Google kicks off Playtime 2017 for app developers
* Better pictures of OnePlus 5T leak with 2:1 display in clear view
* Made for Google accessory makers called out on special page
* TouchArcade iOS Gaming Roundup: Campfire Cooking, Guns Royale, Warhammer Quest 2, and More
* Apple Hires Former Amazon Studios Exec to Lead International TV Development
* Huawei Mate 10 Pro camera matches DxOMark record for stills, shy of Pixel 2 overall
* MacRumors Giveaway: Win an InvisibleShield Glass+ Screen Protector for iPhone 7/8 From Zagg

* Petricka undergoes surgery on right elbow
* Avisail sees similarities in rebuild, stellar year
* White Sox Arizona Fall League overview
* Ron Gardenhire’s second chance back in AL Central
* Jimenez among prospects in winter leagues
* The five longest White Sox home runs of 2017
* We may as well talk radical realignment