* Public Policy Polling has released a new Illinois survey taken October 10-12 of 812 likely voters. Let’s take a look…
* Do you support or oppose raising Illinois’ minimum wage from $8.25 per hour to $10.00 per hour?
Not sure 6%
* Bruce Rauner once favored eliminating Illinois’ minimum wage entirely. Does this make you more likely to support him, less likely, or does it not make a difference?
More likely 17%
Less likely 47%
Doesn’t make a difference 35%
Not sure 2%
* Do you think you could support your family on a minimum-wage salary, which comes out to about $1,430 per month, or $17,160 per year, or not?
Think you could 15%
Think you could not 74%
Not sure 10%
* Which of the following comes closest to your view? ‘I think the best way to create an economy that works for everyone is by cutting taxes and regulations on big businesses and the wealthy,’ or ‘I think the best way to create an economy that works for everyone is by paying fair wages and investing in American workers’?
Cutting taxes and regulations on big businesses and the wealthy 29%
Paying fair wages and investing in American workers 61%
Not sure 11%
* The intensity among women is pretty strong…
* Independents appear to like the idea…
* Lately, I’ve been seeing some polls that show Latinos are a bit more conservative and GOP than we might expect. Check out these results…
Go read the whole thing and discuss.