* I’ll post another thread once the prosecution begins making his final arguments…
* Gov’s pension safe, even if he’s booted
* The defense doesn’t rest: “Sen. Cullerton asked him to come down,” said Blagojevich spokesman Lucio Guerrero. “I don’t think he’s going down there to resign; I think he’s going to make his appeal to senators,” Guerrero said.
* Will Blagojevich cause last-minute mischief?: Blagojevich spokesman Lucio Guerrero said that anything Blagojevich does will be well within his rights as governor, but that he doesn’t plan anything “grandiose.”
* Expect the unexpected: “He’s all about PR,” Radogno said. “He’s all about press releases. I mean that’s how he’s governed for the whole time that he’s been here.”
* Governor will finally speak to Senate: “Unfortunately, all the testimony was heard. The things we will consider, all that has taken place,” said Sen. James Clayborne, a Belleville Democrat. “He had to put on evidence.”
* Blagojevich and the Politics of Diversion: If you turned on a radio, a television or cracked open a newspaper earlier this week, there’s a good chance you caught Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. In an attempt to overshadow his own impeachment trial in the Illinois state legislature the governor went on a national media blitz. Blagojevich’s attempt to divert attention from controversy was not a new strategy. WBEZ’s Ben Calhoun reports that in less public ways, Blagojevich has been using similar tactics for years.
* Senate trial Day 3: Gov. wants to give closing statement: “He is entitled to a fair and thorough process,” said Senate Minority Leader Christine Radogno, R-Lemont. The GOP objections provided a glimpse of partisan bickering in a trial where most lawmakers had said they wanted to avoid such fighting. “The trial shouldn’t be driven by a time schedule,” added state Sen. Dale Righter, R-Mattoon. “It should be driven by the evidence.”
* Senate trial Day 3: fewer witnesses
* Is impeachment trial moving too fast?
* Context? Truth? In the end, it’s really your call
* Showdown In Senate: Governor To Speak At Trial
* The governor speaks
* Mr. Blagojevich Goes to Springfield
* Let gov have his say at impeachment trial
* The Governor’s Closing Argument
* Idiot governor takes center stage
* Senators wonder what Gov. Rod will say
* Rod Blagojevich to inject new drama at impeachment trial
* Bernard Schoenburg: What will he do? With Blagojevich, nobody knows
* Hey, Rod: After you’re ousted, need lift home?