* Is Gov. Pat Quinn having trouble managing state agency directors? This little nugget was buried at the bottom of a story about a state stimulus seminar…
Kristi Lafleur, who works on economic development out of the Illinois governor’s office, said more than 20 state agencies are involved in spreading out the federal stimulus money.
She referred delicately to the political turmoil that has gripped her state. Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich was removed from office and replaced with Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn.
“Illinois has had a lot of challenges,” Lafleur said.
“We’re trying to get our state agencies to work together collaboratively.”
* Speaking of the stimulus: We’re number one!
A new report concludes Illinois has the worst official stimulus Web site in the country.
More at the Good Jobs Now website. Click here for the Illinois data. The group gave Illinois zero points. Hilarious.
* In other news, WBEZ has the full text of that Wal-Mart poll reported by the Tribune…
“This is a one-question public opinion poll concerning your view on whether Mayor Daley and the City Council should allow a Walmart to be built at 83rd & Stewart. Advocates of the plan cite the 400+ jobs that will be created and the wider availability of fresh groceries and other goods. Opponents to building the Walmart say the jobs are not good enough.
We’d like to know how you feel.
If you think the Walmart SHOULD be built, press ONE on your phone.
If you think the Walmart SHOULD NOT be built, press TWO on your phone.
If you’re unsure, press THREE.”
That ain’t no poll. Not a reasonable one, anyway.
* And our political quote of the day goes to GOP gubernatorial candidate Kirk Dillard…
“I have a great love and affinity for western Illinois from Jacksonville westward,” he explained. “And my mother was from Kentucky, and I have lots of relatives and friends in southern Illinois. I know how all of the puzzle pieces fall together geographically in this state and there is no part of Illinois that I haven’t visited or worshiped in. … A governor needs to understand how to bring this tremendously diverse state together.”
* You’ve probably noticed that the automated news feeds are not working today. The company I’ve been dealing with is upgrading its system or something. Not sure exactly when they’ll be back up, but I am sick of dealing with these people and am actively looking for a new service.