* I told subscribers about this on Monday and (with much more detail) Wednesday, but Greg Hinz is the only one to follow up so far…
Sources close to Jim Edgar are confirming that the former governor is endorsing Bill Brady for the state’s top government job.
After a few days off, I found out about it from Capitol Fax. But Mr. Edgar blabbed about his intentions in a little-noticed Downstate radio interview a few days ago. Beyond that, Mr. Edgar sponsored a fundraiser for Mr. Brady featuring horse-racing industry types around the state fair last month, though he wasn’t able to attend himself. Wife Brenda Edgar hosted.
You can hear Edgar briefly mention that he’ll endorse Bill Brady on WDWS Radio by clicking here. Edgar, of course, has been highly critical of Brady in the past. A little background…
* Edgar whacks Brady again: Edgar has previously called Brady’s plan for a 10 percent across-the-board cut “naive,” which he conceded Thursday led to angry calls from Brady backers.
* Edgar says he’ll vote for Brady: Edgar, however, said he likely wouldn’t hit the campaign trail to help shore up support for Brady. He said he would rather sit this election out and spend more time in his role as an academic at the University of Illinois.
* Pat Quinn Gives Former Governor Jim Edgar Some Love
* Hold Quinn’s Horses: Jim Edgar Takes Bill Brady to the Racetrack
* In other campaign news, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will be in Illinois next month for a fundraiser and rally. The event will be hosted by Bill Brady. Ticket info is here. Many thanks to a commenter for the tip.
* Emptying out the queue…
* Brady Responds to Lotto Pick: “I’m concerned of the secrecy that has clouded this selection,” Brady said. “The [Better Government Association] was right on target when they demanded that Gov. Quinn be more transparent.”
* Quinn chooses familiar firm to run lottery
* Lottery vendors win state pact
* Quinn picks firm with state ties to run Illinois Lottery
* Anti-Hare group denies Schilling contributions, admits late paperwork
* Adams: Whom else could Schock help raise money for?
* Gambling, taxes and economy focus of candidates forum
* Call for Candidate Patrick Maher to Resign From Race
* Candidates for County Board president debate health care oversight
* Opponents try to tie Preckwinkle to Cook corruption
* Berrios attacks BGA as front for Claypool
* VIDEO: Dan Proft on Christine O’Donnell, the Tea Party & the GOP
* Tea Party Supporters Rally in Joliet
* Video shows alleged Sec. of State’s office bribery