Friday, Oct 28, 2011
* Way back in 1998, Joe Walsh (the current congressman, not the rocker) ran against Rep. Jeff Schoenberg for the Illinois House. This is from one of Walsh’s campaign mailers…
See more of the mailer here.
* The Question: Caption?
- Posted by Rich Miller
- Das Man - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 11:59 am:
Is that a $50 dollar bill in your hand, or are you just glad to see me?
- foster brooks - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 11:59 am:
Lifes been good for me so far
- so... - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:04 pm:
So George…how much would it cost me to get my driver’s license reinstated?
- Don't Worry, Be Happy - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:06 pm:
Ryan: Just make sure you keep your hand out of the public till, that’s all mine.
Walsh: Don’t worry, I wouldn’t dream of stealing from taxpayers. I only take money away from my own kids.
- East Sider - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:07 pm:
The upcoming law to revoke the driver’s license of men who don’t pay their child support won’t apply to you Joe. I got your back!
- Rich Miller - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:09 pm:
And before anybody asks, no, I didn’t get that mailer from Jerry Clark. It didn’t come from the Hultgren campaign.
- Oswego Willy - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:17 pm:
“Mr. Walsh, this will be a picture that I hope you keep for a LONG time …”
“You know, for an extra $200, you can get a ’special plate’ with this picture”
“Mr. Secretary, I guarantee you, I will hold this up as a badge on honor, always!”
“Mr. Secretary, mark my words, years from now, Pat Quinn will be more likey to be governor than Secretary of State, so don’t worry about him!”
“George, thanks for your help. A ‘Mike Tristano’ keeps calling me, telling me about staff helping. You know anyhting about that?”
“Joe Walsh? … Sure, how are you? Hey, make sure Scotty puts you on his list. If you need anything, give Scott a call. We’ll keep it quiet. Say cheese …”
- Rich Miller - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:26 pm:
Although, come to think of it, Jerry probably approved that piece for Walsh’s campaign.
So, he’ll get to use the photo twice. Once to help, once to hurt.
Thick, thick, irony.
- Boone Logan Square - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:29 pm:
Sir, I bet I can have lower approval ratings than you by the end of 2011 even as you cool your heels in jail.
- East Sider - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:29 pm:
Hopefully, for Hultgren’s sake, Jerry will run a better campaign for Hultgren than he did for Brady.
- Don't Worry, Be Happy - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:31 pm:
By the way, is that an illegal use of the state seal image for campaign purposes?
- Oswego Willy - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:32 pm:
“I will say this, Mr. Secretary… Corinne Wood as your running-mate is pure genius. I am sure she will be an asset to you!”
- Oswego Willy - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:35 pm:
“Well, George, I am glad you made time for this photo. Have fun on your vacation. Where you headed, Jamaica?”
- Oswego Willy - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:45 pm:
“No, no, no, Joe, checks are passe’, just leave your amount in an envelope on Scotty’s desk, will ya?”
- Gotta Love the GOP - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:46 pm:
We’re just ordinary average guys …
- Oswego Willy - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:47 pm:
“Thanks George. I have a photo setup with Peter Fitzgerald after this. I bet you can’t wait to get him out of here and out of your hair!”
- Anonymous - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:48 pm:
Stick with me, kid, and I’ll teach you how you never have to withdraw money from the bank.
- lake county democrat - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:49 pm:
Joe Walsh of the band “Not So Secret Affair” meets Illinois Governor George Ryan on “Mod Rocker Day.”
- zatoichi - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:52 pm:
See kid. Firm handshake and other hand on the elbow. Looks good and keeps hands out of your pockets. That’s how its done.
- amalia - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 12:53 pm:
Big Pharma shakes the hand of a man who may yet experience big karma.
- Skeeter - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:11 pm:
I certainly hope to live my life to your ethical standard, sir!
- PaGo - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:13 pm:
Which one of these guys is cardboard?
- Oswego Willy - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:18 pm:
“George, I am using this picture in my ‘law and order’ piece.”
- Calhoun Native - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:20 pm:
After settling a dispute over top billing, Ryan and Walsh agree to terms for the remake of Laurel and Hardy’s 1938 classic “Block-Heads”.
- Oswego Willy - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:22 pm:
“Advice? Joe, a good campaign starts … with a good organization. Take CFR, for instance …”
- Shore - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:32 pm:
I’m just curious why they are allowed to take campaign pictures in what looks like a government building.
- Just Me - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:37 pm:
OMG - that is totally delicious. Absolutely made my afternoon.
- Jake From Elwood - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:45 pm:
The unknown Paxson brother could not hit the three point shot, so he thought he would give politics a go.
- k3_Spfld_Chi - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:46 pm:
How embarrassing is this photo for Gov Ryan?
- Ahoy - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:55 pm:
- Rich Miller - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 1:59 pm:
k3_Spfld_Chi, I almost didn’t post the pic for that very reason. He has enough trouble.
- Michelle Flaherty - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 2:52 pm:
for those wondering about the apparent use of state property for a campaign pic, YES, of course it’s inappropriate and illegal. It was 1998 and George Ryan.
- 47th Ward - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 2:54 pm:
Somewhere out on that horizon, out beyond the neon lights. I know there must be somethin’ better but there’s nowhere else in sight.
- Northsider - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 3:33 pm:
So, kid, what will you be in for?
- davis - Friday, Oct 28, 11 @ 5:05 pm:
Sorry, comments for this post are now closed.