Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Good morning!
Good morning!

Wednesday, Jul 29, 2015

* I was talking back and forth with a good friend last night about how we’ve built a sort of Grateful Dead community here.

Now, I’m not saying y’all are dirty hippies.

I mean, some of you are, but most probably ain’t.

Allow me to explain.

* What most stuck with me from my early days of hanging out with Deadheads was how they’d always say after a Dead show “We played” this song, and then “We did” that song. There was no “they.” It was always “we.”

And that’s really what “we” have built here.

* You just cannot imagine how much fun it is to have a website like this. The true genius of this place is that so many people come here for the commenters. Y’all make a real difference.

Could it survive without me? I have no idea. But, then again, I ain’t going anywhere, so we (knock wood) won’t have to think about that for a very long time.

* Anyway, let’s dance

If you get confused just listen to the music play

1. - Ben Franklin - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:07 am:

I love Franklin’s Tower! How can you not be happy and listen to this?

2. - John A Logan - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:09 am:

Cap Fax is where it’s at.

3. - Slick Willy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:12 am:

Comparing us all to the Dead? Thanks for the compliment. I think that was meant to be a compliment. Wasn’t it? :)

4. - ??? - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:17 am:

Nice post. Thanks for all you do, Rich, to keep us in the loop and provide a forum for us to share our thoughts.

5. - Grimm - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:19 am:

“So shines a good deed in a weary world.”

6. - Sam Weinberg - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:20 am:

Seeing this song live on July 3 gave me a bit of joy that I will never stop feeling.

And the Dead analogy is apt. To steal a line from Jerry - Not everyone likes CapFax, but people who do really, really, really like it.

7. - Publius - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:20 am:

Hard to believe, but you are too modest. The true genius of this place is Rich Miller.

8. - Commander Norton - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:21 am:

Thank you so much for what you do.

9. - Give Me A Break - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:21 am:

O come on Rich, we are both the same age and started our work at the statehouse around the same time, you and I both know without you this site would become nothing more than the SJR’s reader’s comments section. Give yourself some credit Dude, without you, this site crashes and burns within an week.

10. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:21 am:

I’ve always thought everyone here is more like Bill and Ted, with Rich being Rufus

11. - Anonymous Redux - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:25 am:

Hippies are cool…they changed our minds!

This blog would collapse without Rich Miller at the helm.

12. - charles in charge - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:25 am:

Rich, both you and the regular commenters deserve credit for policing the comments section for stupidity, vulgarity, etc. and maintaining a high level of discourse here. It’s truly a rare thing to find on the internet.

13. - A guy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:25 am:

At the risk of swelling your great big Dead Head, it wouldn’t be the same without you keeping things inside the lines. It’d be like a prize fight without a referee. Someone would die instead of just getting pummeled! lol. Don’t act so innocent…every argument that has gone on here; you started. It’s an amazing exchange day in, day out. They should name some Ice Cream after you.

14. - Stones - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Rich, I appreciate your efforts in maintaining this board. Not only the work involved in posting stories but also in keeping us “in check” most of the time. Behind these screen names you have a bunch of personalities with strong opinions - not the easiest horse to ride.

15. - PolPal56 - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Thanks, Rich, for giving us this community. It is a true haven for those who wish to have the commenter community experience with an absolute minimum of poor manners and trolling.

16. - Arthur Andersen - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Nicely said, Rich. I can’t think of a better place to hang out, discuss, and learn IL politics and government than right here.

I know I speak for many when I say that we are in your debt, big time, for giving us this comfortable, lively place to meet up and catch up daily.

17. - Because I said so... - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Nice music to start my work day. Let’s just hope the day is as mellow as the music!

18. - phocion - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

I appreciate the opportunity to roll away the dew when I comment here.

19. - Amalia - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:33 am:

this is a very fun room. I am consistently surprised by things said, and relationships forged. one of my favs is the way Gooner has organized the Arsenal partisans (Walker, are you still with us since Fulham is still not up?) and how consistently Gooner throws in bits about the side. this room does what should happen in real life….create ways in which those who may disagree on policy can agree or disagree on sports, music, cars, nice people, illness, life and death. thanks Rich!!!

20. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:34 am:

Rich, you built a heck of a place here.

I’m grateful for all I’ve learned from your hard work, and everyone else willing to share the unbelievable amount of knowledge and insight so openly. That is just not found at other Blogs. It’s unquestionably a community. Like the Dead, the commuity needs a “center”, and the spokes, different as some may be, always attach to its center.

The word “we” is so powerful. Thanks for making it a “we” thing. You made the exchange of ideas and knowledge cool, and you let it run.

Sam/Frank.

21. - Skeptic - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:40 am:

Whether it’s the commenters (a group that probably doesn’t represent the general populace) or the moderator (a bartender that likes to keep his place clean) (or more likely, both) I don’t know, but it is refreshing to have a place where you can read the comments and not weep for humanity.

22. - Shemp - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:41 am:

Glad we could have this nice little toke.

23. - Jeanne Dough - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:43 am:

I come here each day to listen and learn, and I continue to be impressed by the level of discourse. It is a daily history lesson, political science class, law review, business brief, and rock and roll tribute all wrapped into one. Thank you for all you do, and for all the great commenters who want the best for this state.

24. - W.S. Wolcott - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

Nitpicking here…but… Help->Slip->Frank would have been better :-)
    Just playing Frankin’s Tower, is like when you turn off comments for the weekend.
    I do agree with all of the sentiments posted here though. Great work by “The Leader of the Band” AND the community here!
    So, Rich, I usually don’t trump aces, but for those who have a little more time…
    Thanks, again, for everything going on here.

25. - islandmon - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

Thank you for the Carbondale flashback music selection, good choice, great memories, the right weather.

26. - Scholar athlete - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

Compared to the online commentary in the Charleston-Mattoon paper, reading commentary here is like participating in an Oxford or Cambridge University seminar. Add the frequent witty badinage and Capfax is a must read daily for this political junkie. It helps me make some sense out of what appears to be a senseless scrum of unserious people, viz., state politicians. O tempoa, O mores! I owe you a sincere debt of gratitude, Rich.

27. - TRH - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

“Sometimes, I’ll go off on a riff that I think will stand the test of time. And other times I’ll merely say “The AP says this,” and “The Tribune says that,” and “The SJ-R says another thing” - and what follows is a cacophony of insightful, interesting commentary from everyone here.”
    ” The true genius of this place is that so many people come here for the commenters. Y’all make a real difference.”

I started coming here because of our current situation with the budget and contract negotiations. Unlike other boards this one doesn’t just say hooray for our side and bash the other side just for bashing’s sake. It’s always backed up with reason and fact. Never having interest in politics in the past I’m relatively ignorant about so much especially regarding how politics work. But I’ve learned so much here. It’s for that reason and what Rich stated above that keeps me coming back. My hats off to so many of the regulars here. Keep up the good work.

28. - Pete Mitchell - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:48 am:

I Need A Miracle

29. - Team Sleep - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:51 am:

This shows one reason why I love this site.

I’m a Republican. I can’t stand the Grateful Dead. But it’s awesome to still consider all of you friends and know that I can come here for a civil and rigorous discourse.

30. - AC - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:52 am:

Following this blog leads to having an in depth knowledge of Illinois politics that is irreplaceable, thanks to Rich and the diverse group of commenters.

31. - Scholar athlete - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:52 am:

TEMPORA not “tempoa.” Of course, I could have Cicero confused with Batali: “O tempura, O morels.” My apologies to all for that last…

32. - Curious Georgina - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:52 am:

I agree with “a guy” @9:25…you need an ice cream named after you. There are Moose Tracks and Bear Tracks ice cream; how about a Capitol Tracks ice cream - a mix of sweet, salty, and, of course, a few nuts.

33. - The Old Professor - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:55 am:

We will get by.
    We will get by.
    We will get by.
    We will survive.

34. - anonlurker - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:56 am:

Rich, thanks for all you’ve done and do. Been *lurking* here for 12 odd years. Your site and the commenters have kept me grounded thru some pretty weird times to say the least. Keep on rockin!

35. - quicknote - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:07 am:

Send me your capfax logo. I’ll make some tie dyes for everyone

36. - Slippin' Jimmy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:11 am:

Best Blog for Illinois politics by far…Hands Down!

37. - cdog - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:12 am:

Mr. Miller, you are obviously a very cool dude and your “virtual neighborhood bar” is a happenin’ kind of place in so many ways.

Your reflections today will affect many — “Kind words are like honey–sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.” Prov 16:24

Thank you.

38. - Ghost - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:15 am:

So are we bite me heads? Beard heads….. Fa(ct)x heads? We need shirts…..

39. - Jake From Elwood - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:17 am:

I have been participating on here for many years and immensely enjoy the commenters. Several could have been public policy professors, especially Wordslinger and RNUG.
    Rich, thanks for drivin’ that train, high on, err… caffeine!

40. - Ghost - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:20 am:

When is the annual capfax barbecue…..and cosplay….. Dress how you imagine your favorite commentor looks like….

41. - Filmmaker Professor - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:42 am:

You are the Jerry Garcia of Cap Fax; it could go on without you, but it shouldn’t.

42. - Filmmaker Professor - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:42 am:

There is NOTHING like a Cap Fax blog.

43. - A guy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:43 am:

===Ghost - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:20 am:

When is the annual capfax barbecue===

Depends on the availability of the Illinois National Guard. lol.

44. - Langhorne - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:43 am:

Two things make this site work. The breadth and depth of knowledge of the contributors. It is a very deep bench. The other thing is the insight and scoops rich brings to the surface. For that, rich gets a house on the lake. And a puppy.

45. - A guy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:45 am:

If we do name an ice cream after Mr. Miller, I’m thinking of a blend of cookie dough and bourbon. Am I on the right track?

46. - Bystander - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:48 am:

==Dress how you imagine your favorite commentor looks like.==

Impossible to choose from so many favorite contributors. Rich, I’m totally addicted to CapitolFax. Can’t get enough, any day. When you
    take a Friday (or, yeeks!, a MONDAY) off, my withdrawal symptoms and suffering are acute. A million thanks for everything!

47. - siriusly - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:50 am:

I like the comment sections and I like most of the commenters. I also enjoy commenting - even if my dry humor is lost on most and under valued by the rest of you.

But the real value here is you Rich not the “we”.

If technology failed us and we went back to thermal paper faxes, I would still be running to the fax machine every day for my fix. It’s the fax man.

48. - PolPal56 - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:57 am:

i definitely want a tie-dye CapFax logo T-shirt with Rich’s image and the quote “Bite Me” on it…

49. - Archiesmom - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:04 am:

This is the coolest clubhouse around. And all dogs are welcome!

50. - White Dynamite - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:09 am:

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one. Why can’t I stop reading Cap Fax while on vacation! Thanks Rich and all for the smart political insight. I also enjoy the morning musical selections. I missed the Chicago Dead show but the blog reminds me of the trippy time I had at the July 4 show at Sandstone in 1990. Keep up the great work!

51. - Mark - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:25 am:

“We’re like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice.” ― Jerry Garcia

52. - Grandson of Man - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:26 am:

Rich, thanks so much for this blog and for your fairness, moderation and intelligence. Your contribution to our political understanding is second to none, with your columns, presentation of news and commentary.

Diversity is the source of this blog’s greatness, to me. It’s not a partisan blog. Partisan blogs are boring, everybody preaching to the same choir. There is tension here, as we express our different views. It’s our country’s laws and ideals in action.

The commenters here are the best I’ve ever seen. The bad commenters and trolls can only do drive-by’s. In other blogs or comments sections with lower standards they can be regular commenters.

Some have criticized state workers for participating in this blog. I’d be more worried if state workers and other government workers were not at this blog, when vital news published here is so relevant to them and their livelihoods.

“Now, I’m not saying y’all are dirty hippies.”

I’m a clean hippie. I must be running off now. Somewhere a tree needs huggin’…

53. - Anonymous Redux - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:41 am:

This is the coolest clubhouse around. And all dogs are welcome! - Archiesmom

That’s the coolest part of all!…even mutts are allowed…lucky for me!

54. - Kurt in Springfield - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 12:27 pm:

Rich,

I too want to thank you, and I share the sentiments with those who have previously posted.

I think I am close to earning my two degrees by reading your posts and the comments by everyone, one in Political Science Reality and one in Actual Illinois Law.

I also would like to say thank you to all the regular commenters here. I always learn something from you whether I agree with you or not.

55. - AJ_yooper - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 1:16 pm:

I am new to CapFax, but I respect the thoughtful commentary and your excellent moderation of discussion. This is the only spot I have found that covers IL politics in a smart, fun way. Way to go Rich!

56. - @MisterJayEm - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 2:05 pm:

Trouble with you is the trouble with me
    Got two good eyes but you still don’t see
    Come round the bend, you know it’s the end
    The fireman screams and the engine just gleams

Of late, that “Casey Jones” lyric could serve as a universally applicable CapFax comment.

– MrJM

57. - Formerly Known As... - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 2:27 pm:

One of the best posts ==we’ve== ever had here.

Thanks for building and leading ==our== community, Rich.

58. - Levois - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 2:47 pm:

I have enjoyed what you have built here. I don’t peruse the comments here very often, but at the very least the commenters have been great and have a great command of politics and policy. Often I feel like I’m out of my league here, but this is still the place to be.

59. - Lynn S, - Thursday, Jul 30, 15 @ 3:04 am:

I took a bath and washed my long hair earlier, so you can’t be aiming that “dirty hippy” comment at me! ;-)

Seriously, Rich, you run a great blog here, with a lot of smart commenters chiming in.

Probably the one question I ask most people I meet nowadays, especially if I’m doing political or volunteer work: “do you read CapFax?”. You would be amazed at how many do (or maybe not, you see the IP addresses, we just see the comments), especially if they are highly educated! Definitely one of the better reads on the interweb!!

60. - Jerry Garcia - Thursday, Jul 30, 15 @ 9:57 am:

I need a balloon.

61. - IBE - Thursday, Jul 30, 15 @ 11:11 am:

One of my fav tunes…and you pulled my favorite lyric out as a caption…

Now if you put Southbound up next, we can all relive a Thursday night at Bedrocks ;)

* Rauner issues executive order barring legislators from representing clients at PTAB
* Kennedy: Limit top progressive income tax rate to less than 6 percent
* Next week's House session cancelled
* *** UPDATED x2 - Pritzker "Did Chris Kennedy Just Endorse Bruce Rauner?" - Kennedy campaign tries to explain *** Kennedy says Rauner "should be applauded" for "trying to do what he thinks is best for the state of Illinois"
* Sen. Donne Trotter retires
* Illinois payrolls were up just 0.5 percent last year
* Vitriol continues in Durkin's primary race
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Judge clears courtroom in Rauner lawsuit hearing
* You can't "fully inform" voters without money
* State agrees to a $400 million consent decree
* Rate Prizker's new online ad
* Rauner gets another property tax press pop
* Emanuel pokes Rauner over Amazon comments
* Rauner's new Pritzker ad cost just $11,900
* Kennedy unveils health care plan
* Gov. Rauner gets his own blog

* Mike Madigan speaks in Ottawa, predicts success.....
* Madigan greeted warmly at Ottawa labor summit..
* Madigan greeted warmly at Ottawa labor summit -.....
* Chuck Sweeny: Governor of Illinois race; follow.....
* Chuck Sweeny: Governor of Illinois race; follow.....
* Chuck Sweeny: Governor of Illinois race; follow.....
* Chuck Sweeny: Governor of Illinois race; follow.....

* The Latest: Thousands protest Trump at Illinois marches
* Thousands gathering at women's marches across Illinois
* Schools test approach that lets students learn at own pace
* Chicago police shoot man officers say was attacking woman
* Metra fares, service cuts coming in February
* EXCHANGE: Few shelters from cold for suburban homeless
* EXCHANGE: Cannery now handles weddings instead of pumpkins
* Serial stowaway arrested again at Chicago's O'Hare airport
* Former teacher sentenced to prison in child porn case
* Illinois union pioneer Paul Booth dead at 74

* Rauner order bars lawmakers from property-tax appeals
* Outdoor sports participants hoping for larger cut in farm bill
* U of I trustees approve 4th-straight tuition freeze
* Rauner to air extended ad of Pritzker, Blagojevich on wiretap
* Mendoza to keynote Women's March Saturday in Springfield
* Chicago mayor vows to step up Amazon second headquarters bid
* Under the Dome Podcast: More Blago-Pritzker talk, Rauner confirms Duke is racist
* U of I withdrew 35 job offers after background checks
* Frerichs: Can't get tax break for using college savings plan on private K-12 tuition
* Illinois governor to air extended ad of rival, Blagojevich on wiretap

* What you need to know about the L.A. Times 'frat-boy executive' scandal
* Law firms' 2018 resolution: Less paper
* Could this company become Chicago's own Salesforce?
* Manufacturers discover marketing
* In Chicago, does the new tax law mean a bonus?

* Trump tweets about women’s marches as protesters gather across the country
* No. 3 Purdue Boilermakers, behind Carsen Edwards, rips Iowa Hawkeyes 87-64
* Buses rerouted due to street blockage in South Loop
* Oak Park ending Divvy services
* As it did for Greeks a century ago, America lures immigrants who dream
* Warren Township man wanted in Idaho pleads guilty to lying to police
* Anthony Duclair on top-line opportunity: ‘Something I don’t take for granted’
* Red light cameras relocating to the Loop
* Thousands flock downtown for Women’s March: ‘We have to keep standing up’
* Humboldt Park man charged with December armed robberies

* Southland's passionate and political head to Chicago for second Women's March
* Trump plans gala at Mar-a-Lago on Saturday night, again renting a ballroom from himself
* Hall of Fame ballot's an annual conundrum for electors
* Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens says 'no blackmail,' 'no violence' in affair
* Government shutdown begins on anniversary of Trump's inauguration
* Live blog: Latest updates, photos, video from the 2018 Women's March Chicago
* Around the world — and near Trump's home — women march in show of political force
* Kansas freshman Billy Preston signs with Bosnian pro team BC Igokea
* Turkish jets bombard U.S. ally in nearby Syria, ground forces mass near border
* LW may appraise North High School

» Chicago Schools Chief: Cost A Driver In Special Ed Overhaul
» One Year Later, Women’s March Demands More Than Attendance
» State Week: Education Funding, Pritzker-Blagojevich, Rauner-Duke
» Sheriff Offers To Help Review Police Shootings In Suburban Cook County
» A Prescription For Fruits And Veggies: One Solution To Food Insecurity in Illinois
» A Call For Transparency
» 2 Illinois Governor Candidates Spend $26M In Last 3 Months
» State Board of Education: Double School Funding Now
» Lawmakers Demand Fast Internet For Rural Schools
» 2 Dreamers Discuss Helping Other Immigrants Amid Uncertainty

* Ed Rogers: High stakes for Trump at the World Economic Forum
* Scott Reeder: Formula for political success is to listen to voters
* Rauner order bars lawmakers from property-tax appeals
* Outdoor sports participants hoping for larger cut in farm bill
* Point: Trump's stance gives hope to an Iranian majority that longs for freedom
* Counterpoint: Trump's assertive policies rally Iranian support for the Ayatollahs
* Thumbs Up: To investing in infrastructure
* Eugene Robinson: An administration with no credibility cannot lead
* U of I trustees approve 4th-straight tuition freeze
* Rauner to air extended ad of Pritzker, Blagojevich on wiretap

* Lawmakers faces question on Medicaid, school funding
* Davis blames Dems for shutdown
* 100-year-old bell stolen from Danville church
* Students invited to design Lincoln cards
* Teachers to raise funds for students
* Sen. Dick Durbin speaks on Senate floor about government shutdown
* Bost, Shimkus and Davis blame shutdown on Senate Dems; Durbin blames Trump
* 5 Questions with ... Matt Whitehead, CEO of the Decatur Family YMCA
* OUT & ABOUT: Icestravaganza
* Quiet neighborhood in Troy is center of investigation into drug-dealing, shooting death

* Thousands gather for Women's March Chicago
* The Latest: Congress seems no closer to reopening government
* The Latest: Turkish TV shows tanks crossing border gate
* Aguero torments Newcastle with hat trick for Man City
* Blount and Long brought winning ways to the Eagles

* Letters to the editor: Election commission...
* Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and...
* Lawmakers back renaming Warrenville post o...
* Teacher raised in Yorkville running agains...
* Suburban Democrats line up to challenge Ro...
* This RSS feed URL is deprecated
* Bipartisan Illinois criticism follows Trum...
* Shutdown Stalemate As Immigration Negotiat...
* 'Time' Magazine's Powerful Cover Features ...
* Letter: Talk to tax preparer about GOP tax...

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated...
* House Republicans Open To 3 Week CR, Say D......
* Bost, Shimkus and Davis blame shutdown on ......
* Sunday on 'This Week': White House Legisla......

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated...
* Bost, Shimkus and Davis blame shutdown on ......

* #RAW25
* Thank you Sen. Donne Trotter
* Chance The Rapper Visited Uptown Last Night
* “Chicago” West?
* Donald Trump And The Rhetoric Of Dictators
* The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #184: Bell & Bulls, Vic & Vikes, Corey's Confusion
* Thorner/O'Neil: Social Engineering: Transferring Parental Control of Children to Teachers
* Governor to be featured at bi-partisan Lincoln Forum in January
* 7 members of Illinois Congressional delegation co-sponsor Born Alive measure
* Chicago Ex Fest canceled amid allegations of sexual misconduct against its organizer

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* Women’s March embraces collaborative social app Crunchet
* Portrait Camera App 'Focos' Gains Real Lens Optical Effects and Improved Shooting Mode
* Shell wants to turn smartwatches into smartphones on a wing (or two)
* Gboard goes big on GIF creation in the suggestion bar
* iOS 11 is now on 65 percent of devices
* FCC sees US variants of Nokia 6 (2018) or Nokia 7
* Skagen Falster smartwatches are now available to buy

* Getting ready for Soxfest 2018
* White Sox seeking new flagship radio home
* Engel working to steady barrel in Year 2
* WLS parent company looking to end White Sox radio deal
* Inbox: Who replaces Rodon in the rotation?
* 2018 South Side Sox Hall of Fame Ballot