Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Good morning!
Good morning!

Wednesday, Jul 29, 2015

* I was talking back and forth with a good friend last night about how we’ve built a sort of Grateful Dead community here.

Now, I’m not saying y’all are dirty hippies.

I mean, some of you are, but most probably ain’t.

Allow me to explain.

* What most stuck with me from my early days of hanging out with Deadheads was how they’d always say after a Dead show “We played” this song, and then “We did” that song. There was no “they.” It was always “we.”

And that’s really what “we” have built here.

* You just cannot imagine how much fun it is to have a website like this. The true genius of this place is that so many people come here for the commenters. Y’all make a real difference.

Could it survive without me? I have no idea. But, then again, I ain’t going anywhere, so we (knock wood) won’t have to think about that for a very long time.

* Anyway, let’s dance

If you get confused just listen to the music play

1. - Ben Franklin - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:07 am:

I love Franklin’s Tower! How can you not be happy and listen to this?

2. - John A Logan - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:09 am:

Cap Fax is where it’s at.

3. - Slick Willy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:12 am:

Comparing us all to the Dead? Thanks for the compliment. I think that was meant to be a compliment. Wasn’t it? :)

4. - ??? - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:17 am:

Nice post. Thanks for all you do, Rich, to keep us in the loop and provide a forum for us to share our thoughts.

5. - Grimm - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:19 am:

“So shines a good deed in a weary world.”

6. - Sam Weinberg - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:20 am:

Seeing this song live on July 3 gave me a bit of joy that I will never stop feeling.

And the Dead analogy is apt. To steal a line from Jerry - Not everyone likes CapFax, but people who do really, really, really like it.

7. - Publius - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:20 am:

Hard to believe, but you are too modest. The true genius of this place is Rich Miller.

8. - Commander Norton - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:21 am:

Thank you so much for what you do.

9. - Give Me A Break - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:21 am:

O come on Rich, we are both the same age and started our work at the statehouse around the same time, you and I both know without you this site would become nothing more than the SJR’s reader’s comments section. Give yourself some credit Dude, without you, this site crashes and burns within an week.

10. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:21 am:

I’ve always thought everyone here is more like Bill and Ted, with Rich being Rufus

11. - Anonymous Redux - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:25 am:

Hippies are cool…they changed our minds!

This blog would collapse without Rich Miller at the helm.

12. - charles in charge - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:25 am:

Rich, both you and the regular commenters deserve credit for policing the comments section for stupidity, vulgarity, etc. and maintaining a high level of discourse here. It’s truly a rare thing to find on the internet.

13. - A guy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:25 am:

At the risk of swelling your great big Dead Head, it wouldn’t be the same without you keeping things inside the lines. It’d be like a prize fight without a referee. Someone would die instead of just getting pummeled! lol. Don’t act so innocent…every argument that has gone on here; you started. It’s an amazing exchange day in, day out. They should name some Ice Cream after you.

14. - Stones - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Rich, I appreciate your efforts in maintaining this board. Not only the work involved in posting stories but also in keeping us “in check” most of the time. Behind these screen names you have a bunch of personalities with strong opinions - not the easiest horse to ride.

15. - PolPal56 - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Thanks, Rich, for giving us this community. It is a true haven for those who wish to have the commenter community experience with an absolute minimum of poor manners and trolling.

16. - Arthur Andersen - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Nicely said, Rich. I can’t think of a better place to hang out, discuss, and learn IL politics and government than right here.

I know I speak for many when I say that we are in your debt, big time, for giving us this comfortable, lively place to meet up and catch up daily.

17. - Because I said so... - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Nice music to start my work day. Let’s just hope the day is as mellow as the music!

18. - phocion - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

I appreciate the opportunity to roll away the dew when I comment here.

19. - Amalia - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:33 am:

this is a very fun room. I am consistently surprised by things said, and relationships forged. one of my favs is the way Gooner has organized the Arsenal partisans (Walker, are you still with us since Fulham is still not up?) and how consistently Gooner throws in bits about the side. this room does what should happen in real life….create ways in which those who may disagree on policy can agree or disagree on sports, music, cars, nice people, illness, life and death. thanks Rich!!!

20. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:34 am:

Rich, you built a heck of a place here.

I’m grateful for all I’ve learned from your hard work, and everyone else willing to share the unbelievable amount of knowledge and insight so openly. That is just not found at other Blogs. It’s unquestionably a community. Like the Dead, the commuity needs a “center”, and the spokes, different as some may be, always attach to its center.

The word “we” is so powerful. Thanks for making it a “we” thing. You made the exchange of ideas and knowledge cool, and you let it run.

Sam/Frank.

21. - Skeptic - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:40 am:

Whether it’s the commenters (a group that probably doesn’t represent the general populace) or the moderator (a bartender that likes to keep his place clean) (or more likely, both) I don’t know, but it is refreshing to have a place where you can read the comments and not weep for humanity.

22. - Shemp - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:41 am:

Glad we could have this nice little toke.

23. - Jeanne Dough - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:43 am:

I come here each day to listen and learn, and I continue to be impressed by the level of discourse. It is a daily history lesson, political science class, law review, business brief, and rock and roll tribute all wrapped into one. Thank you for all you do, and for all the great commenters who want the best for this state.

24. - W.S. Wolcott - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

Nitpicking here…but… Help->Slip->Frank would have been better :-)
    Just playing Frankin’s Tower, is like when you turn off comments for the weekend.
    I do agree with all of the sentiments posted here though. Great work by “The Leader of the Band” AND the community here!
    So, Rich, I usually don’t trump aces, but for those who have a little more time…
    Thanks, again, for everything going on here.

25. - islandmon - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

Thank you for the Carbondale flashback music selection, good choice, great memories, the right weather.

26. - Scholar athlete - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

Compared to the online commentary in the Charleston-Mattoon paper, reading commentary here is like participating in an Oxford or Cambridge University seminar. Add the frequent witty badinage and Capfax is a must read daily for this political junkie. It helps me make some sense out of what appears to be a senseless scrum of unserious people, viz., state politicians. O tempoa, O mores! I owe you a sincere debt of gratitude, Rich.

27. - TRH - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

“Sometimes, I’ll go off on a riff that I think will stand the test of time. And other times I’ll merely say “The AP says this,” and “The Tribune says that,” and “The SJ-R says another thing” - and what follows is a cacophony of insightful, interesting commentary from everyone here.”
    ” The true genius of this place is that so many people come here for the commenters. Y’all make a real difference.”

I started coming here because of our current situation with the budget and contract negotiations. Unlike other boards this one doesn’t just say hooray for our side and bash the other side just for bashing’s sake. It’s always backed up with reason and fact. Never having interest in politics in the past I’m relatively ignorant about so much especially regarding how politics work. But I’ve learned so much here. It’s for that reason and what Rich stated above that keeps me coming back. My hats off to so many of the regulars here. Keep up the good work.

28. - Pete Mitchell - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:48 am:

I Need A Miracle

29. - Team Sleep - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:51 am:

This shows one reason why I love this site.

I’m a Republican. I can’t stand the Grateful Dead. But it’s awesome to still consider all of you friends and know that I can come here for a civil and rigorous discourse.

30. - AC - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:52 am:

Following this blog leads to having an in depth knowledge of Illinois politics that is irreplaceable, thanks to Rich and the diverse group of commenters.

31. - Scholar athlete - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:52 am:

TEMPORA not “tempoa.” Of course, I could have Cicero confused with Batali: “O tempura, O morels.” My apologies to all for that last…

32. - Curious Georgina - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:52 am:

I agree with “a guy” @9:25…you need an ice cream named after you. There are Moose Tracks and Bear Tracks ice cream; how about a Capitol Tracks ice cream - a mix of sweet, salty, and, of course, a few nuts.

33. - The Old Professor - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:55 am:

We will get by.
    We will get by.
    We will get by.
    We will survive.

34. - anonlurker - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:56 am:

Rich, thanks for all you’ve done and do. Been *lurking* here for 12 odd years. Your site and the commenters have kept me grounded thru some pretty weird times to say the least. Keep on rockin!

35. - quicknote - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:07 am:

Send me your capfax logo. I’ll make some tie dyes for everyone

36. - Slippin' Jimmy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:11 am:

Best Blog for Illinois politics by far…Hands Down!

37. - cdog - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:12 am:

Mr. Miller, you are obviously a very cool dude and your “virtual neighborhood bar” is a happenin’ kind of place in so many ways.

Your reflections today will affect many — “Kind words are like honey–sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.” Prov 16:24

Thank you.

38. - Ghost - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:15 am:

So are we bite me heads? Beard heads….. Fa(ct)x heads? We need shirts…..

39. - Jake From Elwood - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:17 am:

I have been participating on here for many years and immensely enjoy the commenters. Several could have been public policy professors, especially Wordslinger and RNUG.
    Rich, thanks for drivin’ that train, high on, err… caffeine!

40. - Ghost - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:20 am:

When is the annual capfax barbecue…..and cosplay….. Dress how you imagine your favorite commentor looks like….

41. - Filmmaker Professor - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:42 am:

You are the Jerry Garcia of Cap Fax; it could go on without you, but it shouldn’t.

42. - Filmmaker Professor - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:42 am:

There is NOTHING like a Cap Fax blog.

43. - A guy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:43 am:

===Ghost - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:20 am:

When is the annual capfax barbecue===

Depends on the availability of the Illinois National Guard. lol.

44. - Langhorne - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:43 am:

Two things make this site work. The breadth and depth of knowledge of the contributors. It is a very deep bench. The other thing is the insight and scoops rich brings to the surface. For that, rich gets a house on the lake. And a puppy.

45. - A guy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:45 am:

If we do name an ice cream after Mr. Miller, I’m thinking of a blend of cookie dough and bourbon. Am I on the right track?

46. - Bystander - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:48 am:

==Dress how you imagine your favorite commentor looks like.==

Impossible to choose from so many favorite contributors. Rich, I’m totally addicted to CapitolFax. Can’t get enough, any day. When you
    take a Friday (or, yeeks!, a MONDAY) off, my withdrawal symptoms and suffering are acute. A million thanks for everything!

47. - siriusly - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:50 am:

I like the comment sections and I like most of the commenters. I also enjoy commenting - even if my dry humor is lost on most and under valued by the rest of you.

But the real value here is you Rich not the “we”.

If technology failed us and we went back to thermal paper faxes, I would still be running to the fax machine every day for my fix. It’s the fax man.

48. - PolPal56 - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:57 am:

i definitely want a tie-dye CapFax logo T-shirt with Rich’s image and the quote “Bite Me” on it…

49. - Archiesmom - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:04 am:

This is the coolest clubhouse around. And all dogs are welcome!

50. - White Dynamite - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:09 am:

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one. Why can’t I stop reading Cap Fax while on vacation! Thanks Rich and all for the smart political insight. I also enjoy the morning musical selections. I missed the Chicago Dead show but the blog reminds me of the trippy time I had at the July 4 show at Sandstone in 1990. Keep up the great work!

51. - Mark - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:25 am:

“We’re like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice.” ― Jerry Garcia

52. - Grandson of Man - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:26 am:

Rich, thanks so much for this blog and for your fairness, moderation and intelligence. Your contribution to our political understanding is second to none, with your columns, presentation of news and commentary.

Diversity is the source of this blog’s greatness, to me. It’s not a partisan blog. Partisan blogs are boring, everybody preaching to the same choir. There is tension here, as we express our different views. It’s our country’s laws and ideals in action.

The commenters here are the best I’ve ever seen. The bad commenters and trolls can only do drive-by’s. In other blogs or comments sections with lower standards they can be regular commenters.

Some have criticized state workers for participating in this blog. I’d be more worried if state workers and other government workers were not at this blog, when vital news published here is so relevant to them and their livelihoods.

“Now, I’m not saying y’all are dirty hippies.”

I’m a clean hippie. I must be running off now. Somewhere a tree needs huggin’…

53. - Anonymous Redux - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:41 am:

This is the coolest clubhouse around. And all dogs are welcome! - Archiesmom

That’s the coolest part of all!…even mutts are allowed…lucky for me!

54. - Kurt in Springfield - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 12:27 pm:

Rich,

I too want to thank you, and I share the sentiments with those who have previously posted.

I think I am close to earning my two degrees by reading your posts and the comments by everyone, one in Political Science Reality and one in Actual Illinois Law.

I also would like to say thank you to all the regular commenters here. I always learn something from you whether I agree with you or not.

55. - AJ_yooper - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 1:16 pm:

I am new to CapFax, but I respect the thoughtful commentary and your excellent moderation of discussion. This is the only spot I have found that covers IL politics in a smart, fun way. Way to go Rich!

56. - @MisterJayEm - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 2:05 pm:

Trouble with you is the trouble with me
    Got two good eyes but you still don’t see
    Come round the bend, you know it’s the end
    The fireman screams and the engine just gleams

Of late, that “Casey Jones” lyric could serve as a universally applicable CapFax comment.

– MrJM

57. - Formerly Known As... - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 2:27 pm:

One of the best posts ==we’ve== ever had here.

Thanks for building and leading ==our== community, Rich.

58. - Levois - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 2:47 pm:

I have enjoyed what you have built here. I don’t peruse the comments here very often, but at the very least the commenters have been great and have a great command of politics and policy. Often I feel like I’m out of my league here, but this is still the place to be.

59. - Lynn S, - Thursday, Jul 30, 15 @ 3:04 am:

I took a bath and washed my long hair earlier, so you can’t be aiming that “dirty hippy” comment at me! ;-)

Seriously, Rich, you run a great blog here, with a lot of smart commenters chiming in.

Probably the one question I ask most people I meet nowadays, especially if I’m doing political or volunteer work: “do you read CapFax?”. You would be amazed at how many do (or maybe not, you see the IP addresses, we just see the comments), especially if they are highly educated! Definitely one of the better reads on the interweb!!

60. - Jerry Garcia - Thursday, Jul 30, 15 @ 9:57 am:

I need a balloon.

61. - IBE - Thursday, Jul 30, 15 @ 11:11 am:

One of my fav tunes…and you pulled my favorite lyric out as a caption…

Now if you put Southbound up next, we can all relive a Thursday night at Bedrocks ;)

* It's just a bill
* Biss appears to backtrack on his pledge to "elect the Democratic nominee for governor whoever that person is"
* Schock appeal roundup
* Dorothy Brown to join long line of candidates running for mayor
* *** UPDATED x1 *** What's Rauner doing in Europe?
* *** UPDATED x1 - Pritzker camp responds *** Rauner campaign claims Dem shenanigans with McCann
* No, Rauner didn't "forget" about UIC yesterday
* Maybe some movement in the Senate on gun dealer licensing, but not yet in the House
* After seven months of federal mediation, WIU faculty authorize strike
* Illinois Legislators: Make Health Coverage Fair by Supporting HB 4146
* My eyes! It burns!
* "I can’t ask people in the private sector to do it if I won’t as well"
* *** UPDATED x7 - Bill Brady, Pat Brady, Ives, Durkin, DGA, ILGOP, Pritzker, Rauner respond - Brady accepts caucus resignation *** Sen. Sam McCann announces for governor as Conservative Party candidate
* *** LIVE *** Session coverage

* House Unanimously OKs Comptroller's Payroll Off.....
* House unanimously OKs Comptroller's payroll off.....
* With union backing, McCann joins race for Illin.....
* With union backing, McCann joins race for Illin.....
* House unanimously OKs Comptroller's payroll off.....
* House unanimously OKs Comptroller's payroll off.....
* House unanimously OKs Comptroller's payroll off.....
* House unanimously OKs Comptroller's payroll off.....
* House unanimously OKs Comptroller's payroll off.....
* House unanimously OKs Comptroller's payroll off.....

* Illinois to start program to boost retirement savings
* Wanted man jailed after seeking license under brother's name
* Illinois lawmakers grapple with school safety after Parkland
* Sen. Sam McCann launches independent campaign for governor
* Charge: Woman used bitcoin, dark web in murder-for-hire case
* Ex-soccer coach pleads not guilty in sex assault case
* Chicago revises body armor ordinance but delays enforcement
* Lawsuit challenges ban of handguns in home day cares
* Man jailed for role in dog fighting ring that ran across US
* New website tells Illinois' story from long before statehood

* Presidential library publishes digital archive of papers from Lincoln's first 33 years
* Duckworth, daughter make Senate history
* Report: Raoul hired ex-state worker convicted in fraud case
* McCann to run for governor as Conservative Party candidate
* Central Illinois couple suing DCFS over handgun ban at home day cares
* Meet the Springfield Fire Department's first female division chief
* Meet the Springfield's Fire Department's first ever female division chief
* Rules, separation of powers focus of Schock appeal hearing
* Gun licensing proponents 'making progress' on override vote
* House OKs bill making Sangamon County default location for most state jobs

* Margo Georgiadis in talks to leave Mattel: report
* Blue Cross' parent learns to live with Obamacare—and make some money, too
* Blue Cross' parent learns to live with Obamacare—and make some money, too
* Ex-Alberto-Culver exec Bernick launches nonprofit for needy students
* A civil rights lawyer fighting for women

* Cubs’ Ian Happ toils in batting cage as Joe Maddon considers leadoff options
* Justice Dept. agrees to send Comey memos to Congress
* Bears notebook: Leonard Floyd sits out mini-camp, but Matt Nagy “not concerned”
* Cubs’ Ben Zobrist sits again but team says sore back is better
* Seat belts, oxygen masks, the 3.4-ounce rule: What keeps you safe on a plane?
* ‘The Cake’ a many-layered story of sympathetic people in conflict
* Americans waste an astounding amount of food — and healthy eaters are the worst
* Illinois to start program to boost retirement savings
* Everything you need to know about Big 3 this summer
* Benadryl, quaaludes could’ve affected Cosby accuser: expert

* Lance Armstrong settles $100 million lawsuit with U.S. government
* The NBA mourns the death of Erin Popovich: 'That's devastating news'
* South Side Obama center activists removed after disrupting Plan Commission meeting
* Trump's divisive pick to run NASA wins narrow confirmation
* 5 opposite field hits give the Cubs a 6-0 lead over the Cardinals
* Tribune Tower plans would energize an old landmark, but don't yet create a new one
* Duckworth baby brings 'Senate into 21st century'
* Syracuse fraternity suspended after racist videos released
* Allergan says it won't make bid for Shire, ending brief drama; Takeda continues pursuit
* Cubs to limit Ian Happ's leadoff appearances for now

» 4-H Students And Robotics; Advanced Manufacturing In Bloomington-Normal; Miller Park Zoo
» State Senator Announces Bid For Illinois Governor
» Spring Gardening Tips From The Chicago Botanic Garden
» Gay Illinois Teacher Sparks Debate With Tolerance Talk
» Gubernatorial Candidates Have Fence-Mending Ahead
» April 18, 2018 - Full Show
» Illinois Lawmakers Urge Redistricting Re-Do Ahead of Midterm Election
» State: Chicago ‘Delayed and Denied' Special Ed Services For Kids
» Record Store Day Celebrates The Brick-and-Mortar Tradition
» Live From The Green Top: Local Farming, The State Of State Farm And Women Running For Office

* Duckworth, daughter make Senate history
* On the Road with Rick Holmes: Show the national parks some love
* Report: Raoul hired ex-state worker convicted in fraud case
* McCann to run for governor as Conservative Party candidate
* Central Illinois couple suing DCFS over handgun ban at home day cares
* Our View: Stop trying to curtail access to public information
* Meet the Springfield Fire Department's first female division chief
* Rules, separation of powers focus of Schock appeal hearing
* Gun licensing proponents 'making progress' on override vote

* Desert Daze 2018: New Venue, First Round of Artists
* Crews respond to structure fire in Centreville
* Crews fight structure fire in Centreville
* Here are the students that were honored by the Illinois Principals Association
* Duckworth and daughter make Senate history as rule change allows newborns
* UI hoops' 2018-19 Big Ten opponents released
* Deer captured in McLean, moved to rehabilitator
* There’s another push to split up SIUE and SIUC. Could it really happen this time?
* Timeline of events leading up to proposal to separate SIU campuses
* Belleville elementary school put on soft lockdown

* No more overdue fines at Mundelein's Fremont Public Library
* With Colliton in control, Rockford IceHogs charge into playoffs
* Jeremy Colliton at a glance
* Round Lake Park woman killed in Volo crash
* Toyota Park to become SeatGeek Stadium after 2018 Fire season

* House approves Curbelo, Hultgren bill prot...
* It's official: If you prepaid your propert...
* Grant victorious in House Dist. 42 after B...
* Congressional aide fired after teen says t...
* Nick Provenzano fired from US Rep. Randy H...
* Underwood coasts in Democratic primary for...
* A quick look at a few congressional races ...
* Hultgren aide fired after scandal - The Ca...
* This RSS feed URL is deprecated
* Rep. Randy Hultgren recognizes Loyola men'...

* Dick Durbin Pays Tribute to Kimmel for 'Ti......
* Senator Dick Durbin: “I'm going to bend in......
* Senator Dick Durbin: “I'm going to bend in......
* Republicans Push Bill To Protect Mueller, ......
* US Senate approves resolution allowing Duc......

* Tammy Duckworth And Baby Make History, Bec......
* Duckworth arrives at the US Senate with ba......
* Tammy Duckworth brings her baby into the S......
* 5 things you need to know now...
* Sen. Tammy Duckworth Is Preparing to Vote ......

* Pennies From Chicago
* The [Thursday] Papers
* David Grubbs reads from a new book that gets inside push and pull of an experimental concert
* IL GOP releases list of those elected Wednesday night to the State Central Committee
* Chairwoman Preckwinkle's Machine takeover a far cry from days of Fast Eddie
* The Surveillance State: When Tyranny Comes Home
* Stormy Daniels takes a page from Foxy Brown to expose Trump
* Facility Theatre transforms The Little Match Girl Passion from a vocal piece into a meticulously pitched spectacle
* Patti Blagojevich makes her plea to the President #twill
* Chicagoetry: Happy

* IEMA Highlights Role of Volunteers in Disasters
* Governor Rauner activates State Emergency Operations Center in Springfield
* February Flooding Information
* IEMA Urges People to Prepare for Severe Weather
* Governor issues state disaster proclamation for flooding in Iroquois, Kankakee, Vermilion Counties

* In honor of Avengers: Infinity War, Build-a-Bear is releasing a series of cursed murder bears
* Grasshopper is an app for learning JavaScript through mini-games
* Netflix has reportedly considered buying theaters to screen its movies
* Is Xbox Game Pass worth buying?
* Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ get April security update in Europe, improved stability
* Portrait mode trailers coming to Netflix Android app soon