Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Good morning!
Good morning!

Wednesday, Jul 29, 2015

* I was talking back and forth with a good friend last night about how we’ve built a sort of Grateful Dead community here.

Now, I’m not saying y’all are dirty hippies.

I mean, some of you are, but most probably ain’t.

Allow me to explain.

* What most stuck with me from my early days of hanging out with Deadheads was how they’d always say after a Dead show “We played” this song, and then “We did” that song. There was no “they.” It was always “we.”

And that’s really what “we” have built here.

* You just cannot imagine how much fun it is to have a website like this. The true genius of this place is that so many people come here for the commenters. Y’all make a real difference.

Could it survive without me? I have no idea. But, then again, I ain’t going anywhere, so we (knock wood) won’t have to think about that for a very long time.

* Anyway, let’s dance

If you get confused just listen to the music play

1. - Ben Franklin - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:07 am:

I love Franklin’s Tower! How can you not be happy and listen to this?

2. - John A Logan - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:09 am:

Cap Fax is where it’s at.

3. - Slick Willy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:12 am:

Comparing us all to the Dead? Thanks for the compliment. I think that was meant to be a compliment. Wasn’t it? :)

4. - ??? - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:17 am:

Nice post. Thanks for all you do, Rich, to keep us in the loop and provide a forum for us to share our thoughts.

5. - Grimm - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:19 am:

“So shines a good deed in a weary world.”

6. - Sam Weinberg - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:20 am:

Seeing this song live on July 3 gave me a bit of joy that I will never stop feeling.

And the Dead analogy is apt. To steal a line from Jerry - Not everyone likes CapFax, but people who do really, really, really like it.

7. - Publius - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:20 am:

Hard to believe, but you are too modest. The true genius of this place is Rich Miller.

8. - Commander Norton - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:21 am:

Thank you so much for what you do.

9. - Give Me A Break - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:21 am:

O come on Rich, we are both the same age and started our work at the statehouse around the same time, you and I both know without you this site would become nothing more than the SJR’s reader’s comments section. Give yourself some credit Dude, without you, this site crashes and burns within an week.

10. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:21 am:

I’ve always thought everyone here is more like Bill and Ted, with Rich being Rufus

11. - Anonymous Redux - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:25 am:

Hippies are cool…they changed our minds!

This blog would collapse without Rich Miller at the helm.

12. - charles in charge - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:25 am:

Rich, both you and the regular commenters deserve credit for policing the comments section for stupidity, vulgarity, etc. and maintaining a high level of discourse here. It’s truly a rare thing to find on the internet.

13. - A guy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:25 am:

At the risk of swelling your great big Dead Head, it wouldn’t be the same without you keeping things inside the lines. It’d be like a prize fight without a referee. Someone would die instead of just getting pummeled! lol. Don’t act so innocent…every argument that has gone on here; you started. It’s an amazing exchange day in, day out. They should name some Ice Cream after you.

14. - Stones - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Rich, I appreciate your efforts in maintaining this board. Not only the work involved in posting stories but also in keeping us “in check” most of the time. Behind these screen names you have a bunch of personalities with strong opinions - not the easiest horse to ride.

15. - PolPal56 - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Thanks, Rich, for giving us this community. It is a true haven for those who wish to have the commenter community experience with an absolute minimum of poor manners and trolling.

16. - Arthur Andersen - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Nicely said, Rich. I can’t think of a better place to hang out, discuss, and learn IL politics and government than right here.

I know I speak for many when I say that we are in your debt, big time, for giving us this comfortable, lively place to meet up and catch up daily.

17. - Because I said so... - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

Nice music to start my work day. Let’s just hope the day is as mellow as the music!

18. - phocion - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:27 am:

I appreciate the opportunity to roll away the dew when I comment here.

19. - Amalia - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:33 am:

this is a very fun room. I am consistently surprised by things said, and relationships forged. one of my favs is the way Gooner has organized the Arsenal partisans (Walker, are you still with us since Fulham is still not up?) and how consistently Gooner throws in bits about the side. this room does what should happen in real life….create ways in which those who may disagree on policy can agree or disagree on sports, music, cars, nice people, illness, life and death. thanks Rich!!!

20. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:34 am:

Rich, you built a heck of a place here.

I’m grateful for all I’ve learned from your hard work, and everyone else willing to share the unbelievable amount of knowledge and insight so openly. That is just not found at other Blogs. It’s unquestionably a community. Like the Dead, the commuity needs a “center”, and the spokes, different as some may be, always attach to its center.

The word “we” is so powerful. Thanks for making it a “we” thing. You made the exchange of ideas and knowledge cool, and you let it run.

Sam/Frank.

21. - Skeptic - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:40 am:

Whether it’s the commenters (a group that probably doesn’t represent the general populace) or the moderator (a bartender that likes to keep his place clean) (or more likely, both) I don’t know, but it is refreshing to have a place where you can read the comments and not weep for humanity.

22. - Shemp - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:41 am:

Glad we could have this nice little toke.

23. - Jeanne Dough - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:43 am:

I come here each day to listen and learn, and I continue to be impressed by the level of discourse. It is a daily history lesson, political science class, law review, business brief, and rock and roll tribute all wrapped into one. Thank you for all you do, and for all the great commenters who want the best for this state.

24. - W.S. Wolcott - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

Nitpicking here…but… Help->Slip->Frank would have been better :-)
    Just playing Frankin’s Tower, is like when you turn off comments for the weekend.
    I do agree with all of the sentiments posted here though. Great work by “The Leader of the Band” AND the community here!
    So, Rich, I usually don’t trump aces, but for those who have a little more time…
    Thanks, again, for everything going on here.

25. - islandmon - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

Thank you for the Carbondale flashback music selection, good choice, great memories, the right weather.

26. - Scholar athlete - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

Compared to the online commentary in the Charleston-Mattoon paper, reading commentary here is like participating in an Oxford or Cambridge University seminar. Add the frequent witty badinage and Capfax is a must read daily for this political junkie. It helps me make some sense out of what appears to be a senseless scrum of unserious people, viz., state politicians. O tempoa, O mores! I owe you a sincere debt of gratitude, Rich.

27. - TRH - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:46 am:

“Sometimes, I’ll go off on a riff that I think will stand the test of time. And other times I’ll merely say “The AP says this,” and “The Tribune says that,” and “The SJ-R says another thing” - and what follows is a cacophony of insightful, interesting commentary from everyone here.”
    ” The true genius of this place is that so many people come here for the commenters. Y’all make a real difference.”

I started coming here because of our current situation with the budget and contract negotiations. Unlike other boards this one doesn’t just say hooray for our side and bash the other side just for bashing’s sake. It’s always backed up with reason and fact. Never having interest in politics in the past I’m relatively ignorant about so much especially regarding how politics work. But I’ve learned so much here. It’s for that reason and what Rich stated above that keeps me coming back. My hats off to so many of the regulars here. Keep up the good work.

28. - Pete Mitchell - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:48 am:

I Need A Miracle

29. - Team Sleep - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:51 am:

This shows one reason why I love this site.

I’m a Republican. I can’t stand the Grateful Dead. But it’s awesome to still consider all of you friends and know that I can come here for a civil and rigorous discourse.

30. - AC - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:52 am:

Following this blog leads to having an in depth knowledge of Illinois politics that is irreplaceable, thanks to Rich and the diverse group of commenters.

31. - Scholar athlete - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:52 am:

TEMPORA not “tempoa.” Of course, I could have Cicero confused with Batali: “O tempura, O morels.” My apologies to all for that last…

32. - Curious Georgina - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:52 am:

I agree with “a guy” @9:25…you need an ice cream named after you. There are Moose Tracks and Bear Tracks ice cream; how about a Capitol Tracks ice cream - a mix of sweet, salty, and, of course, a few nuts.

33. - The Old Professor - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:55 am:

We will get by.
    We will get by.
    We will get by.
    We will survive.

34. - anonlurker - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 9:56 am:

Rich, thanks for all you’ve done and do. Been *lurking* here for 12 odd years. Your site and the commenters have kept me grounded thru some pretty weird times to say the least. Keep on rockin!

35. - quicknote - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:07 am:

Send me your capfax logo. I’ll make some tie dyes for everyone

36. - Slippin' Jimmy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:11 am:

Best Blog for Illinois politics by far…Hands Down!

37. - cdog - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:12 am:

Mr. Miller, you are obviously a very cool dude and your “virtual neighborhood bar” is a happenin’ kind of place in so many ways.

Your reflections today will affect many — “Kind words are like honey–sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.” Prov 16:24

Thank you.

38. - Ghost - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:15 am:

So are we bite me heads? Beard heads….. Fa(ct)x heads? We need shirts…..

39. - Jake From Elwood - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:17 am:

I have been participating on here for many years and immensely enjoy the commenters. Several could have been public policy professors, especially Wordslinger and RNUG.
    Rich, thanks for drivin’ that train, high on, err… caffeine!

40. - Ghost - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:20 am:

When is the annual capfax barbecue…..and cosplay….. Dress how you imagine your favorite commentor looks like….

41. - Filmmaker Professor - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:42 am:

You are the Jerry Garcia of Cap Fax; it could go on without you, but it shouldn’t.

42. - Filmmaker Professor - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:42 am:

There is NOTHING like a Cap Fax blog.

43. - A guy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:43 am:

===Ghost - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:20 am:

When is the annual capfax barbecue===

Depends on the availability of the Illinois National Guard. lol.

44. - Langhorne - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:43 am:

Two things make this site work. The breadth and depth of knowledge of the contributors. It is a very deep bench. The other thing is the insight and scoops rich brings to the surface. For that, rich gets a house on the lake. And a puppy.

45. - A guy - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:45 am:

If we do name an ice cream after Mr. Miller, I’m thinking of a blend of cookie dough and bourbon. Am I on the right track?

46. - Bystander - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:48 am:

==Dress how you imagine your favorite commentor looks like.==

Impossible to choose from so many favorite contributors. Rich, I’m totally addicted to CapitolFax. Can’t get enough, any day. When you
    take a Friday (or, yeeks!, a MONDAY) off, my withdrawal symptoms and suffering are acute. A million thanks for everything!

47. - siriusly - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:50 am:

I like the comment sections and I like most of the commenters. I also enjoy commenting - even if my dry humor is lost on most and under valued by the rest of you.

But the real value here is you Rich not the “we”.

If technology failed us and we went back to thermal paper faxes, I would still be running to the fax machine every day for my fix. It’s the fax man.

48. - PolPal56 - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 10:57 am:

i definitely want a tie-dye CapFax logo T-shirt with Rich’s image and the quote “Bite Me” on it…

49. - Archiesmom - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:04 am:

This is the coolest clubhouse around. And all dogs are welcome!

50. - White Dynamite - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:09 am:

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one. Why can’t I stop reading Cap Fax while on vacation! Thanks Rich and all for the smart political insight. I also enjoy the morning musical selections. I missed the Chicago Dead show but the blog reminds me of the trippy time I had at the July 4 show at Sandstone in 1990. Keep up the great work!

51. - Mark - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:25 am:

“We’re like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice.” ― Jerry Garcia

52. - Grandson of Man - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:26 am:

Rich, thanks so much for this blog and for your fairness, moderation and intelligence. Your contribution to our political understanding is second to none, with your columns, presentation of news and commentary.

Diversity is the source of this blog’s greatness, to me. It’s not a partisan blog. Partisan blogs are boring, everybody preaching to the same choir. There is tension here, as we express our different views. It’s our country’s laws and ideals in action.

The commenters here are the best I’ve ever seen. The bad commenters and trolls can only do drive-by’s. In other blogs or comments sections with lower standards they can be regular commenters.

Some have criticized state workers for participating in this blog. I’d be more worried if state workers and other government workers were not at this blog, when vital news published here is so relevant to them and their livelihoods.

“Now, I’m not saying y’all are dirty hippies.”

I’m a clean hippie. I must be running off now. Somewhere a tree needs huggin’…

53. - Anonymous Redux - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 11:41 am:

This is the coolest clubhouse around. And all dogs are welcome! - Archiesmom

That’s the coolest part of all!…even mutts are allowed…lucky for me!

54. - Kurt in Springfield - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 12:27 pm:

Rich,

I too want to thank you, and I share the sentiments with those who have previously posted.

I think I am close to earning my two degrees by reading your posts and the comments by everyone, one in Political Science Reality and one in Actual Illinois Law.

I also would like to say thank you to all the regular commenters here. I always learn something from you whether I agree with you or not.

55. - AJ_yooper - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 1:16 pm:

I am new to CapFax, but I respect the thoughtful commentary and your excellent moderation of discussion. This is the only spot I have found that covers IL politics in a smart, fun way. Way to go Rich!

56. - @MisterJayEm - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 2:05 pm:

Trouble with you is the trouble with me
    Got two good eyes but you still don’t see
    Come round the bend, you know it’s the end
    The fireman screams and the engine just gleams

Of late, that “Casey Jones” lyric could serve as a universally applicable CapFax comment.

– MrJM

57. - Formerly Known As... - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 2:27 pm:

One of the best posts ==we’ve== ever had here.

Thanks for building and leading ==our== community, Rich.

58. - Levois - Wednesday, Jul 29, 15 @ 2:47 pm:

I have enjoyed what you have built here. I don’t peruse the comments here very often, but at the very least the commenters have been great and have a great command of politics and policy. Often I feel like I’m out of my league here, but this is still the place to be.

59. - Lynn S, - Thursday, Jul 30, 15 @ 3:04 am:

I took a bath and washed my long hair earlier, so you can’t be aiming that “dirty hippy” comment at me! ;-)

Seriously, Rich, you run a great blog here, with a lot of smart commenters chiming in.

Probably the one question I ask most people I meet nowadays, especially if I’m doing political or volunteer work: “do you read CapFax?”. You would be amazed at how many do (or maybe not, you see the IP addresses, we just see the comments), especially if they are highly educated! Definitely one of the better reads on the interweb!!

60. - Jerry Garcia - Thursday, Jul 30, 15 @ 9:57 am:

I need a balloon.

61. - IBE - Thursday, Jul 30, 15 @ 11:11 am:

One of my fav tunes…and you pulled my favorite lyric out as a caption…

Now if you put Southbound up next, we can all relive a Thursday night at Bedrocks ;)

* Janus apparently no longer loves his state job, hires on with Illinois Policy Institute
* Pritzker meets with moms who've lost their kids to street violence, police shootings
* Caption contest!
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Campaign stuff: Morrison; Ives; Skillicorn; Nybo; Rooney; Curran; Breen; Frese
* "And admit that the waters/Around you have grown"
* A tiny bit of good news from Moody's
* Proft files suit so his independent expenditure committee can coordinate with campaigns after caps busted
* Cook shifts governor's race from "Toss Up" to "Lean Democrat" - Third-party candidates "the tipping point"
* Unsolicited advice
* The impasse and the damage done
* Entire IPHCA executive committee resigns, lawyer let go after racism controversy
* Chicago to get its first public law school, but is it a wise move?
* Doom and gloom abounds, but a new pension idea emerges
* Another lawsuit filed in Quincy veterans' home deaths: "For a year and a half, he loved that place. And it killed him"
* *** LIVE COVERAGE ***

* Trump visits Granite City Thursday, home to reo.....
* Rep. Kelly asks Rauner for update on securing I.....
* Chicago mayoral candidate Willie Wilson hands o.....
* 'Show me the money,' Skillicorn says ab.....
* Fact-check: 'Ultra-rich' Rauner, Pritzk.....
* EDITORIAL: Illinois should be protecting voters.....
* State debt surpasses $7 billion, ending streak..
* State employee in major union-undermining Supre.....
* Michael Bae Jordan Attempts to Use Milk Analogy.....
* Tinley Park veteran, ice cream shop owner ".....

* The Latest: Woman gives survivors flowers at boat memorial
* Some researchers in Texas part of DUNE particles experiment
* Boat accident survivors join hundreds at Branson memorial
* Hero grandma, couple on 45th anniversary among boat victims
* Bell chimes 17 times at memorial for Branson boat victims
* EXCHANGE: Lack of players forces Legion to suspend baseball
* A look at the 17 people killed in the Missouri boat accident
* Memorial service planned Missouri boating accident victims
* Jail officer charged in alleged sex assault of prisoner
* Man slain, 6 wounded during Chicago neighborhood shooting

* Marginal amounts of legionella detected in Stratton Building
* Moody's gives Illinois finances a 'stable' outlook
* Illinois Army National Guard soldiers return home
* Marginal amouts of legionella detected in Stratton Building
* Under the Dome Podcast: Gun bills, Quincy, Trump-Putin reaction
* Incumbents hold big fundraising leads in central Illinois legislative races
* Springfield man wins Illinois State Police logo contest
* Rauner 'deeply troubled' by Trump's Helsinki comments
* Rauner signs bill to ease physician assistant hiring
* Bill taking Illinois out of voter registration system vetoed

* Home Run Pizza CEO dies
* Home Run Inn Pizza CEO dies
* Your neighbor isn't a business
* The future of the U.S. looks a lot like Chicago
* Cook County board moves to prevent repeat of pop tax fiasco

* Passenger wounded in Englewood shooting
* 16 shot — 3 killed — in Sunday gun violence
* Man shot on Englewood porch
* 2 wounded in Roseland shooting
* Man wounded in West Garfield Park shooting
* Man, 56, wounded in Far South Side shooting
* Jay Cutler a star once more as the dressed-down, deadpan wag of ‘Very Cavallari’
* 2 shot in East Garfield Park
* Dear Abby: Nosy co-workers insist on details about family divide
* Trump warns Iranian president against threatening US

* 1 dead, 14 wounded in Chicago shooting
* In all-caps tweet, Trump warns Iranian President Rouhani not to threaten U.S.
* Gunman dead after shooting 14 people, killing 1 in Toronto: police
* Pitchfork Music Fest 2018: Lauryn Hill only made us wait 23 minutes and 7 things you should know from day 3
* 7 shot, 1 fatally, in East Garfield Park gunfire: 'I couldn’t stand to see my son like that'
* Gunman in Trader Joe's standoff was feuding with grandmother
* Pitchfork Music Fest 2018: The damp, the joy, the sound, the fury all in one place
* After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to doubting Russian election interference
* ‘Claws’ Episode 7 recap: 5 things to know about ‘Burn’ and Desna’s simmering rage
* 'This is not the only tape': Michael Avenatti says there are more secret recordings of Trump

» Conservative PAC Suing Over Illinois Restrictions On 'Independent' Committees
» The Week in Review: Public Outcry Over Police-Involved Shooting
» ‘Ali: A Life’; Sexual Harassment In Bars; NPR’s Sam Sanders
» WBEZ’s Chicago and Illinois News Roundup: July 20, 2018
» UIC To Acquire John Marshall Law School, Creating The City’s First Public Law School
» State Week: Russia Reactions, Gun Laws, Campaign Cash
» #660 PJ Morton & Opinions on Drake
» July 19, 2018 - Full Show
» Berwyn Homeowners Squeezed By School District Miscalculation
» How Conservatism Won In Wisconsin; Illinois Election Security; Special Olympics 50th Anniversary

* George Will: Will New Jersey send a Republican to the Senate?
* Adams: Try umpiring before knocking it
* Faith Coalition for the Common Good: Women collaborate for the common good
* Guest View: How to solve the Illinois pension crisis and dramatically lower property taxes
* Our View: Let the new EDC director lead the way
* Statehouse Insider: Prognosticator says Rauner most vulnerable incumbent
* Bernard Schoenburg: Purchase may, Cahnman will take on Proctor in Ward 5
* Scott Reeder: Understanding is what journalism should be about
* Counterpoint: His pick is bad news indeed for health care, women, consumers and unions
* Point: Kavanaugh is truly a 'judge's judge' and precisely what our nation needs

* Champaign County Fair Wooten Rodeo
* Rally airs plight of indigenous women, girls
* James Stratton to leave KWQC
* UPDATED: Coroner IDs homicide victim as 26-year-old Danville man
* Random Acts of Kindness: Nicest thing happened
* River Action seeks volunteers for Aug. 18 Floatzilla
* Authorities looking for at least one suspect after truck is shot in State Park Place
* UPDATE: All lanes open again after crash on I-57 near Tuscola
* Biz Bytes: Fareway partners with Hello Fresh to offer meal kits at stores
* Look Ahead: What's coming this week

* Harper, Nationals have hole to dig out of
* Schools eye facial recognition technology to boost security
* LEADING OFF: Severino eyes No. 15, Utley back in Philly
* Melbourne Victory confirms negotiations with Japan's Honda
* Americans in blended families cope with toll of deportation

* Tom Kacich | Spending in 13th District rac...
* Washington Week Ahead: Farm bill negotiati...
* Tom Kacich | Spending in 13th District rac...
* Winston Watson returns to Petrojam as gene...
* Congress eyes 2026 centennial, tourism pot...
* How area members of Congress voted on voti...
* Illinois Bipartisan Congressional Group Op...
* Steady as she goes: Cameron Parker rides s...
* They dared call it treason
* Peter Roskam twists himself pretzel...

* Mak Capital One Stake In Maxwell Technolog......
* Senate Passes Resolution Telling Trump Not......
* $0.38 EPS Expected for Emerge Energy Servi......
* Loring Wolcott & Coolidge Fiduciary Ad......
* Senate Dems Hit Kavanaugh For Proposal The......

* CNN's Jake Tapper Asks If Carter Page ......
* Tammy Baldwin's Running Against A Coup......
* Iraq War Vet Congressman Questions Trump&#......
* Congress eyes 2026 centennial, tourism pot......
* Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Corte......

* The payoff for helping to undermine organized labor influence in Illinois?
* The film Sorry to Bother You and more of the best things to do in Chicago this week
* Urgh! A Music War and other punk and postpunk new wave cinema
* Pullman to get first new residential building in nearly 50 years
* Study: Aldermanic prerogative is reinforcing Chicago’s segregation problem
* Hackers can purchase government login credentials for cheap on the dark web
* Five Ways to Build Community in Online Classrooms
* Can We Design Online Learning Platforms That Feel More Intimate Than Massive?
* Can We Design Online Learning Platforms That Feel More Intimate Than Massive?
* New York to resist Trump rollback of affirmative action in college admissions process

* THOMAS RHETT TO DELIVER ?UNFORGETTABLE' PERFORMANCE AT 2018 ILLINOIS STATE FAIR
* IDPH Investigation Continues As Foodborne Illnesses Increase
* Gov. Rauner signs HB 5611
* Summit for Success: IDOT providing tools, opportunity for disadvantaged businesses
* Illinois Payrolls Jump +18,100

* Store scanning robots will get AI, object recognition boost with recent acquisition
* Honor 10 review: Flagship features at a mid-range price
* Google to announce new Pixelbook alongside the Pixel 3
* Atos snaps up IT firm Syntel in $3.57 billion deal
* A second-gen Pixelbook will need more than just thinner bezels
* Singtel, Ericsson prep Singapore 5G launch for drone trials
* The Galaxy Note 9 might be the last Samsung Galaxy Note

* Six Pack of Stats: Mariners 8, White Sox 2
* White Sox in 60: 5-0 1st inning deficit too much for Sox
* White Sox Minor League Update: July 22, 2018
* White Sox, Angels go with young starters
* White Sox Minor League Update: July 22, 2018
* White Sox, Angels go with young starters
* Reynaldo Lopez allows five runs in first inning as White Sox...