Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » *** UPDATED x1 - “What the Governor said is true” *** Madigan spokesman denies a one-on-one invite was extended by Rauner

Friday, Mar 25, 2016

* News-Gazette

Rauner also said he hopes to meet soon with Madigan to start working on a series of budget and government reform compromises.

“I was told the speaker would be up for maybe working out compromises after the primary, that he was waiting for the primary election,” he said. “My office reached out to the speaker’s office last week after the primary and said, ‘OK, the election’s over; can you and I meet, Mister Speaker, and try to work out some reforms and to try to get a budget and get some compromises? We’re still waiting for the speaker’s office to give us any dates.”

* But Madigan’s spokesman said that’s not the way he heard it

“Somebody from his staff wanted to have a dinner meeting with somebody from our staff, not last week or this week but next week. And then there was talk that part of the topic of that dinner would be a meeting,” he said. “So that’s where we are.”

*** UPDATE ***  From the governor’s office…

​Hi, Rich -

Reaching out because of the below post.

What the Governor said is true.

Thanks,
ck

1. - Macbeth - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 8:53 am:

Implicit in all of these stories about Rauner wanting a one-on-one with Madigan is that idea that Madigan — not Rauner — “would be up for compromises.”

Rauner — whose ideological demands were clearly repudiated last week — still assume — bizarrely — that it’s Madigan who must compromise.

It’s one of the weirdest, most mystifying things I’ve seen. A loser — for the most part based on the high-profile losses — expects the *winner* to agree to specific demands.

Rauner’s world is a strange one.

2. - Henry Francis - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 8:56 am:

When people lie so easily about stupid little stuff it certainly says somethin

3. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 8:59 am:

“Rauner said … I’m a moderately intelligent person …”

A moderately intelligent person would have had the mental capacity to determine that a course of actions weren’t working and change positions to something else.

4. - Morningstar - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 8:59 am:

Oh, for pity’s sake. Stop slipping hairs and do your jobs.

5. - Abe the Babe - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:01 am:

“tonight I placed two very important phone calls”

#nothinghaschanged
    #hashelearnednothing?
    #detailsmatter

6. - Whatever - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:01 am:

Why are they asking staffers for verification? The Governor clearly said it was his office contacting the Speaker’s office. Since both have multiple offices, it may take some digging to find out which offices were involved. Also, you will need to find someone who speaks “office” to communicate with them. But no one ever said investigative journalism was easy.

7. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:01 am:

And what shall be the shape of this so called “dinner” table?

8. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:03 am:

“Rauner said … I’m a moderately intelligent person …”

Then why isn’t he using his intelligence to realize that he has a futile agenda and drop it.

9. - Huh? - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:04 am:

9:03 was me.

10. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:08 am:

Yes it does Henry Francis—but you are referring to the wrong person.

11. - Trolling Troll - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:08 am:

You ever feel like the entire state is on an episode of “Pranked”?

12. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:10 am:

If you trust Bruce Rauner at his word, then your own foolishness continues…

Hey, “Cracker Jack” Rauner Press Shop…

Unless you have the date, time, the phone records, “who” you talked to, and the discussion topic(s)…

Don’t. Say. Boo.

Seriously, I’ve never run across such blatent “fabricators” I’m a statewide office, and I’m including Rod Blahojevich.

I’m done thinking “oh, that’s Bruce, his Crew knows better…”

You don’t.

Heck, I’d do MOUs with you, the Press Shop too, let alone Bruce.

Hows about ya snarky tweet somethin-somethin about “Speaker Madigan and the blatant lies we tell he controls… ”

If y’all emailed me, today it was Friday… I’d have to check.

Truth eludes the whole Rauner Operation.

Pathetic.

13. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:12 am:

===You ever feel like the entire state is on an episode of “Pranked”?===

“Dad’s Home State”? Yes…

BTW, I think Mr. Mapes was busy, but then again, when has Rauner been gracious?

14. - Suburbanon - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:13 am:

The actions, inactions and misactions of Rauner and his staff are unbelievable. They can’t possibly be this incompetent. How could they not know who to call in MJM’s office to arrange a meeting? They remind me of the Keystone cops.

15. - Frankie Baby - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:15 am:

“I’m a moderately intelligent person”. Yikes! Is he saying the job he was elected to do is too hard for him and the superstars?

Also, I know moderately intelligent people. Moderately intelligent people are friends of mine.

And I can tell you with a fairly accurate degree of certainty that they don’t go around stating publicly that they are “moderately intelligent people.”

I become more and more unimpressed with billionaires every time Rauner opens his mouth.

16. - Chucktownian - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:17 am:

I fully expect Rauner will join our other governors in the Federal penitentiary at the end of his term. He’s actually worse at the governing part than Blago.

17. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:22 am:

And what is the Madigan staff’s response to that meeting? Progress has to start somewhere.

18. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:24 am:

The Speaker just gave the entire House one month off. Is he even available for a meeting at the moment if they both wanted to sit down?

19. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:28 am:

If you can’t take 5 seconds to come up with a name, you’re not worth engaging…

“Hi-

To Mr. Brown’s remarks, Lance wants me to refer you to a tweet… where he pretends to be climbing a building.

Thanks!
    ck”

20. - GOP Extremist - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:29 am:

Another simple conversation dreamed up by a fool.

21. - HangingOn - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:34 am:

==The Speaker just gave the entire House one month off==

It was my understanding this was planned and on the schedule last year. He probably thought something would be accomplished by now.

22. - cdog - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:35 am:

In the real world if you have loose lips, poor filters, personal grudges which cloud clear thinking, and an inability to process reality, you would be unemployed.

23. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:39 am:

Two points…

What, the HGOP wants to continue to vote against EIU, Western, all college towns?

Madigan is doing the HGOP a solid, lol.

Every time the deflection is to ignore Rauner telling untruths, the more I know Raunerites realize Rsuner tells untruths too.

24. - Markus - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:44 am:

===What the Governor said is true. ===

The voices in his head don’t lie. /s

25. - Atsuishin - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:44 am:

This spat is trite. With yesterdays historic population drop in chicagoland, shouldn’t we be focusing on the substantive issues?

26. - cdog - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:45 am:

ck,
    please be advise that dates, times, and other actual details which are verifiable, will be needed for anyone to believe you or your boss.
    that’s how your boss wants it, that’s how he gets it.
    thanks.

27. - JS Mill - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:45 am:

To the update-

@CK- Oh, well then…that settles it. Because we know how trustworthy the governor is. I mean if he said so…/ total snark.

28. - A guy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:46 am:

This whole line of conversation is utterly ridiculous. Let’s take every single party at face value here for the sake of this discussion. Every one of these “players” is either monitoring CF or having it monitored- it doesn’t matter.

The topic of meeting one on one is out front. One guy is saying he made the offer, one guy is saying his very elaborate, if not frustrating, line of communication is unaware. Well it’s pretty damn clear here that a meeting is desired. Can we get past the cat and mouse junk and set up a meeting? Whoever is in charge of meetings for both sides. Yikes man.

29. - Norseman - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:48 am:

=== What the Governor said is true. ===

Oh, gee. That clears it up. LOL.

CK, we need evidence from you truth-challenged administration.

30. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:48 am:

To the Update…

LOL….

“Hi ck-

Dates? Times? Number called? Who was person?

You guys can give ridiculous vote updates for Madeupville supporting the Turnaround Agenda but you issue one line saying something is true?

Is it as true as Election Night?

Asking… for a friend…

One line from ‘that’ Press Shop isn’t going to cut it.

Thanks!
    ow”

31. - hisgirlfriday - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:50 am:

We are nevet having a budget until one of these men leave office, are we?

32. - Anon - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:50 am:

===I was told the speaker would be===

and

===What the Governor said is true.===

Governor Rauner must be a pro at giving depositions. The only fact that Governor Rauner has actually confirmed is that he was told those things. Everything after the statement “I was told” is literally hearsay.

Governor Rauner’s public statements remind me of how my schizophrenic mother answers yes or no questions.

33. - Lucky Pierre - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:50 am:

In a normal situation the house would be in season in the middle of a budget crisis and the Speaker would be in his office answering questions from the press. Both R’s and D’s would have all hands on deck.

In Illinois we have mindless debates about who called who. I think the Speaker knows the Governor would like a one on one meeting with him by now and he should respond yes on no.

The headline in the Tribune today says it all.

34. - Fusion - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:51 am:

==We are nevet having a budget until one of these men leave office, are we?==

We’ve always had budgets before when MJM was speaker.

35. - Trolling Troll - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:53 am:

To the update- LOL!!

36. - Peets - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:53 am:

They can’t agree on whether they even want to meet to discuss a meeting. Yeah, I have a good feeling the budget will get resolved soon…

37. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:55 am:

- Lucky Pierre -

Rauner has had 14 months to get a budget if he wanted one.

Rauner doesn’t wavy a budget.

But, I appreciate you pretending to be “engaged” lol.

38. - LizPhairTax - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 9:59 am:

ck,

you and your boss have no credibility. sorry you’re stuck with this obed and isaac’s gift card no democrat wants to help you use. isn’t a lack of capitalization from a person who is a professional annoying? i hope that you are better at whatever job you do next than you are at this one. same for your boss and his boss and so on.

better,

lpt

39. - Earnest - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:03 am:

Whew, this trivia almost took my mind of the intentional destruction of our human service and higher educational system.

40. - Abe the Babe - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:05 am:

@ Lucky P

Please replace everything in your post after “In a normal situation” with:

“a governor of the fifth largest state in the nation would simply call the speaker’s phone and ask for a meeting. Governors call meetings. They should also present balanced budgets, not call their legislative counterparts corrupt and refrain from divulging private conversations to the press. That is normal.”

Fixed it for you. Youre welcome:)

41. - Morningstar - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:05 am:

LizPhairTax: THANK you!

42. - Get a Job!! - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:06 am:

“Reaching out because of the below post. What the Governor said is true.”

Thanks for the thoughtful & insightful email, ck.

43. - Austin Blvd - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:06 am:

The Call:
    Gov Staffer: We can have lunch and talk about policies and numbers and future meetin’s between our bosses.

Speaker Staffer: That seems to be a rather perfunctory exercise, does it not? I mean, unless you’ve got something new to share, I can enjoy a plate of pasta at Saputo’s anytime, and in an in agonizing way.

Rauner staffer: No, no, you’re not gettin’ it. I want to set the table for a meetin’ between my boss and your boss. Get it?

Speaker staffer: Just have Rauner call the Speaker if he’s got something new to say.

Rauner staffer: Come on, throw my boss a bone. If we have a lunch meetin’ he can say we’re making progress.

Madigan staffer: Just tell him to say whatever he wants. That’s what he’s going to do anyway.

44. - Cubs in '16 - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:08 am:

“Oh, and Rich? That stuff the Governor said about the TA agenda and being sad about the victims and calling the D leaders on election night…that’s all true too.

Thanks,
    ck”

45. - Downstate GOP Faithless - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:08 am:

Thanks for clearing that up CK.

46. - Niblets - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:09 am:

It’s gotta be true then????

47. - Honeybear - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:10 am:

Maybe this is a function of not wanting a paper trail or time/date stamp on anything. People with a lot to hide tend to shy away from any system of accountability. That goes for both sides. I get keeping stuff out of emails and letters, one does have to make the sausage. However we’ve got a problem when we can’t even get meetings set up. Seeing this why shouldn’t we just give up on the hope of functioning government? I mean really. You know before now I really was never able to conceive of anarchy. I couldn’t figure out even what anarchists of the early 20th century were shooting for. Well, now I get it. This is it, functional anarchy. There’s nobody at the helm an we are broadside on to waves with no helm or propulsion.

48. - Tommydanger - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:12 am:

If the Governor is looking for cheap points, why not take a press crew and walk on down to the Speaker’s office and ask to meet with Madigan.

Maybe an opportunity will present itself for dialogue. But then again, you would have to seriously want to have a dialogue to begin with.

49. - What the What? - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:12 am:

OMG - from the linked article

“But what I’ve said is that if it takes longer than August to get it done, then let’s not hold up the rest of the budget and let’s not hold up school funding. What we can’t do is hold our kids and our teachers hostage in K-12 schools. That would be wrong.”

The man is so detached from any sort of intellectual consistency.

50. - Lucky Pierre - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:12 am:

Democrats could have acknowledged there was a Republican governor elected to try to improve our dismal economy but they declined to find any common ground and compromise

Apparently they believe our business climate and population decline is fine as is and does not need any reform

51. - Lucky Pierre - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:14 am:

Abe the babe the last meeting the Governor called the speaker did not show up. I can’t figure out why everyone defends the guy

52. - Wensicia - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:17 am:

In regards to the post and update: does anyone here, whom I assume to be intelligent, believe the truth would emerge from a private one-on-one between the Governor and Madigan?

“My people will contact your people and your people should get back to my people so my people can arrange a meeting for us with your people.”

Even if true can anything be more ridiculous?

53. - Cubs in '16 - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:19 am:

But holding college students and professors/instructors isn’t. Got it!

54. - Samgo12 - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:21 am:

ck,

How about your boss meeting personally with the Speaker instead of sending assistants? Doing so shows credibility. Also please have Rauner come to the legislative hearings to explain staff salaries instead of sending him sending his lapdog Goldberg, that shows leadership instead of using a mouthpiece.

-Countertransference

55. - 47th Ward - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:21 am:

I’m not a Superstar or anything, but in the past, when I’ve wanted to meet with the Speaker, Mapes told me to call Joanne. So, Governor, why don’t you simply call Joanne?

I mean really, if scheduling a meeting is proving to be this difficult, how can we expect him to govern an entire state?

56. - Samgo1 - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:23 am:

*Correction

ck,

How about your boss meeting personally with the Speaker instead of sending assistants? Doing so shows credibility. Also please have Rauner come to the legislative hearings to explain staff salaries instead of him sending his lapdog Goldberg. Doing so shows bi-partisanship instead of using mouthpieces.

-Countertransference

57. - RNUG - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:26 am:

Somebody was supposed to tell someone I wanted to meet somewhere sometime …

58. - ILTPR - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:30 am:

The Governor has been nothing short of a trainwreck for this state.

59. - Michelle Flaherty - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:31 am:

Could someone please FOIA the gov’s phone records and sort this out.

60. - Mama - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:31 am:

“What we can’t do is hold our kids and our teachers hostage in K-12 schools. That would be wrong.”

What the What? @ 10:12am, Does this mean you think it is ok to hold post-high school kids and Higher Ed staff hostage?

61. - Mama - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:34 am:

==- RNUG - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:26 am:
    Somebody was supposed to tell someone I wanted to meet somewhere sometime … ==

I would add …but don’t tell anybody.

62. - VanillaMan - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:35 am:

….would be up for maybe…

I have little kids.

If any of them started telling me something that included the phrase above - I would instantly know that what they were telling me would be a huge lie.

A governor? A governor uses this phrase? He expects a mature adult to believe him?

…would be up for maybe… is a red flag in any statement, signaling that the rest of the statement is pure unadulterated LIE.

63. - Stones - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:41 am:

Perhaps the most inept administration in the history of Illinois.

64. - Politix - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:45 am:

“Could someone please FOIA the gov’s phone records and sort this out”

omg…crying……

65. - Austin Blvd - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:47 am:

Michelle Flaherty–
    Maybe you could pitch in and do the FOIAing and get back to Rich.

66. - CharlieKratos - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:50 am:

Stones, I disagree with your use of the word “Perhaps”.

67. - Dr X - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 10:56 am:

Ya know - if the governor had email, he could email Madigan and the show everyone the email he sent. That would be proof.

68. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:00 am:

Passing mental health evaluations should be required for elected officials…

69. - Decaf Coffee Party - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:01 am:

That was me at 11:00…and I need an evaluation too

70. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:01 am:

@FakeLTrover - here’s a picture of the phone used to call someone about something. There! #ItsAllWeGot

71. - Topcat - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:02 am:

There will be no budget until one of these men are gone from politics.

No way, no how.

72. - Annonin' - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:11 am:

BTW the CNG story also contains some BigBrain nonsense about Madigan not being interested in an overhaul of the school aid formula. It is noted that the house formed a bipartisan to do just that several months ago.

73. - The Dude Abides - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:13 am:

What’s going on with higher education is what the Governor wanted. I recently heard Radogno approvingly mention “squeezing the beast” in reference to higher education in the state. Rauner vetoed higher education funding last year, remember? Now he claims that he wants to work out a grand bargain with the Speaker. If you live in any of the University towns in this state please start paying attention to how your local representatives are voting.

74. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:16 am:

The need to have a meeting to talk about meetings that will then set up a meeting.

This really is ridiculous. We deserve better than this nonsense. Get it together, guys. If you were in the private sector you would have been fired long ago.

75. - Michelle Flaherty - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:26 am:

Annonin’, and don’t forget that it was Speaker Madigan who paired with Republican Gov. Edgar to push a school funding overhaul in the 1990s that Edgar’s own party leaders derailed.

76. - Paul - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:27 am:

What the Gov says is true….
    What the Speaker says is false….
    The speaker says what the Gov says is true…..
    The Gov agrees with the speaker

?????

77. - Juvenal - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:27 am:

Let me interrupt this thoughtful probing of the governor’s candor and credibility to with you all:

Happy “Good Friday Massacre” Anniversary

In other words, this debate was resolved a year ago.

78. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:31 am:

===There will be no budget until one of these men are gone from politics.

No way, no how.===

Ugh.

Yeah, because all the HDems are itching to support Bruce Rauner.

79. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:35 am:

Wait, seeing how this is the first time that CK has provided such an update, should we take it that everything said prior wasn’t true since a similar update was never provided previously?

80. - There is power in a union... - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:42 am:

Orignally posted at 9:59,

To the update:

Hahahahahahahaha!

So your whole defense of the governor hinges on his belief that he was told that maybe the speaker was reached out to in a round-a-bout fashion by proxy?

Yes that seems to be technically true. But your principle has a bad habit of expressing these things as concrete facts. Basically using the bully pulpit to put an equal partner, that he don’t see as equal, on the spot by making it seem that he is refusing to meet. When he probably only found out by watching the governor’s press conference.

81. - Chimmy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:47 am:

Anyone like to give an over-under for K-12 to open this fall?

82. - Earnest - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:47 am:

>What the Governor said is true.

However, as always, the details of what specifically were true will come later. /snark and mad at myself for letting this distract me from the intentional destruction Rauner and Radogno are wreaking on social services.

83. - state worker - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:49 am:

This is like a very perverse game of telephone.

84. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 11:53 am:

Hi ck-

You ‘nember this Post?

Your Press Shop was able to catalog every call, when they were made, who Rauner talked to, and what was the subject.

‘Nember?

Welp, your Office’s one line email today… compared to the detailed response in that Post to prove “activity” (no achievement, but I digress… ) really calls into question the truthfulness of the Rauner Administration.

Food for thought.

Thanks!
    ow

85. - Decaf Coffee Party - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 12:00 pm:

=Anyone like to give an over-under for K-12 to open this fall?=

If no education budget by August, Stark & Henry County officials say schools will have to be closed… http://www.pjstar.com/news/20160324/henry-stark-county-officials-say-schools-will-close-without-state-education-budget

86. - burbanite - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 12:18 pm:

Hey, I got an idea, PICK UP THE PHONE call the speaker’s office, since the Gov is the one to set up mtgs. Whether what he says was true or not (and I am inclined to think not), who cares? Pick up the phone, call again, that is what a normal person would do. Schedule a dinner to discuss scheduling a mtg.? Bet the loser tax payers would be picking up the tab for the dinner too. Just schedule the actual mtg. $uper$tar!

87. - Dale Cooper - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 12:27 pm:

So I guess the real only way to ALWAYS WIN is to never acknowledge a loss.

88. - DPGumby - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 12:37 pm:

Rich
    Just to make clear, the Governor sent an email from his cell phone to the Speaker’s cell phone.
    Thanks
    ck

89. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 12:50 pm:

If people remember correctly, neither the Governor nor the Speaker turned out to be entirely accurate in their statements regarding the election night phone call kerfuffle.

Let’s try to be fair and accurate ourselves when commenting, for we know the gov and the speaker will not be.

90. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 12:55 pm:

… or pic a name instead of being ” - Anonymous - ”

Being lectured by someone who can’t pick a name is humorous.

91. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 1:02 pm:

No “lecturing” intended. Just a point of clarification for some foggy, or perhaps disingenuous, memories.

92. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 1:23 pm:

It’s disingenuous to contrinue to think not picking a name is fine and you should be taken seriously.

I fed you. I’m done.

93. - wordslinger - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 1:34 pm:

These oompa-loompa tactics serve to distract from the real damage that is being done as part of the governor’s strategy.

Make it all about silly “personality conflicts,” and maybe people won’t notice the billions in new debt and the willful sabotage being done to higher ed and social services.

94. - kimocat - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 1:44 pm:

At this stage of the game, why would anyone believe anything that spews out of Rauner’s mouth? If there is any truth involved in a statement by him, I’m sure it is an accident.

95. - Annonin' - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 2:30 pm:

On election nite BigBrain stood up and announced what he told Madigan and Cullerton in phone calls. The calls were never received….never.
    Now we get 4 days of BooHooBruce claiming no one got back to him on his $uper$tar idea of leavin’ Cullerton out of a conversation… Yup a lot o’ difference. Guessin’ no one on TeamBigBrain told the Madigan staff “hey the governor wants to announce this one on one meetin’ Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday to counter all the S* he is catching from the Trump endorsement, losin’ Dunkin, F* higher ed, lettin’ the fairs fall apart, etc. etc.
    If they had just spelled it out for those Madigan dopes.

96. - Anonymous - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 3:04 pm:

The name is irrelevant. The content is what matters, unless there is nothing to rebut the content with but pointless attacks on the messenger.

97. - burbanite - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 3:08 pm:

Wonder if she signs everything “ck” because she doesn’t want her name associated with it. At least she didn’t start this one with, attribute this to….

98. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Mar 25, 16 @ 3:21 pm:

Then pick ANY name. You are wasting our time trying to follow you.

* Illinois rated second most likely governor's office to flip parties
* It's just a bill
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - A couple of new mailers and a fundraising list
* Rauner says "left-leaning" Chicago press is "plenty biased"
* Keep your trackers out of taverns
* "If any region should feel alienated from state government, it's the suburbanites"
* Democratic legislator files resolution condemning "scofflaw counties"
* Rauner ad gets it wrong, but Pritzker needs to end his silence
* Just a small critique
* Are the Democrats unified?
* Buttigieg delivered the best zinger of the day
* White vows to finish out sixth term
* Rauner to return to Quincy Veterans Home this weekend
* *** LIVE COVERAGE ***

* McDermott: Amateur hour in Illinois..
* Miller: Mailers can be misleading..
* Rauner signs bill to educate students about loans..
* Gov. Rauner Signs Series of Public Safety Bills.....
* Sham candidates are an affront to democracy. He.....
* Governor signs Sen. Chuck Weaver's bill on .....
* Gov. Rauner names August 17 as Traffic Fatality.....
* Gov. Rauner proclaims Traffic Fatality Awarenes.....
* Madigan court foe Gonzales backs Pritzker, says.....
* Rauner signs new FOID bill..

* Rediscovered bulldog mascot gets artist-custodian’s touch
* NW Indiana boy, 8, saves his brother, 2, from dog attack
* Carbondale considers biodegradable ‘natural’ burials
* Rockford officials christen $16M school in Cherry Valley
* Study: Most Illinois kindergarteners weren’t ready in 2017
* Illinois hunters will soon be allowed to wear pink; penalties increased for deer poaching
* Iowa river traffic relies on aging lock and dam system
* New 5-day bike ride to feature Illinois farms, vineyards
* Springfield agrees to pay half of factory-site cleanup
* Trump tabs Springfield-based prosecutor for US attorney

* Judge in Aaron Schock case removed from all cases involving federal government
* Rauner signs bill to educate students about loans
* Doris Kearns Goodwin coming to Springfield for fundraiser
* Davis staffer arrested after altercation at Londrigan fundraiser
* Illinois Democrats say downstate counties can go their way
* Rauner appoints GOP official Shaw to retirement board
* Illinois Democrats talk of importance of fall elections
* AP fact check: No Pritzker plan to increase taxes 26 percent
* Rauner: 2018 election is 'one of most important' in Illinois history
* Rauner, Republicans go after Madigan, taxes

* DuPage pushes fight for O'Hare western terminal
* United sheds punching-bag status with biggest U.S. airline rally
* Northern Trust looks to get into crypto custody
* Redbox gears up for its first major ad campaign
* Whither the Kraft Heinz ketchup packet?

* Trio of boys steal vehicle, hospitalized after crashing three times on West Side
* Community in disbelief after Crane basketball player’s suicide in police chase
* Don’s Snack Attack aims to provide a ‘little bit of lightness’ at the courthouse
* High School Football Preview: Chicago’s top 10 receivers
* In fight on a golf course, man bites another man’s finger off
* Most Illinois kindergarteners weren’t ready in 2017: study
* Man, 70, missing from Gresham: police
* 13-year-old boy charged in fatal shooting at West Side basketball tournament
* 11 residential burglaries across five neighborhoods reported on North Side
* Man, 52, missing for nearly a month after last being seen in Englewood

* Hitting refresh button may be Chris Sale's key to winning 1st Cy Young Award — once he returns from DL
* Trump's power plant plan could release hundreds of millions of tons of CO2 into air
* Ready or not, Bills are that much closer to Josh Allen time after AJ McCarron injury
* Federal report confirms children living at East Chicago Superfund site had high lead levels, negating 2011 study
* Boy, 13, charged following shooting at baskbetball tournament at Garfield Park fieldhouse
* Kofi Annan, former head of the U.N., dies at age 80

» Web Extra, The Week in Review: Editorial Boards Push Back
» The Week in Review: Campaign Season ‘Officially’ Kicks Off at State Fair
» #664 Remembering Aretha Franklin
» Dems Vow Down-Ballot Effort, Red-State Reach
» Aug. 16, 2018 - Full Show
» Live From The State Fair: Ag, Food, Entertainment, And President Lincoln

* Statehouse Insider: It's time for the campaign season to begin. Again.
* Our View: Kindergarten study a good starting point
* BGA: How an ordinary homeowner forced reform upon an Illinois township government
* Angie Muhs: SJ-R to host candidate debates in congressional races
* Bernard Schoenburg: Ag policy forum featured only Republicans
* Rauner signs bill to educate students about loans
* Doris Kearns Goodwin coming to Springfield for fundraiser
* Counterpoint: It's another Trump idea that belongs on a Hollywood launch pad
* Point: Space Force, done right, will move US ahead

* Woman with no vision in right eye attacked on MetroLink platform
* Q-C kids enjoy Discovery Fair
* Cayuga man arrested after stabbing
* Chris Gregory writes software for a new Animation Station at The Science Center
* 5 Questions with ... Melverta Wilkins, Caterpillar product change engineer and founder of Sista Girls and Friends
* Big Story: How a law is impacting Iowa
* Memorial Squad near Joliet makes sure veterans get last honors
* Tax reform law wide ranging
* Scott Co. Democrats host annual picnic today

* Constable: Geneva Marine vet turns his Vietnam War notes into a book
* Funeral set for Schaumburg father killed in crash
* Josh Gordon 'humbly' returns to Browns after health absence
* Jaguars beat Vikings 14-10 in defense-dominated exhibition
* Mbappe scores 2 as PSG wins 3-1 with VAR reprieve

* Democrats weigh their options as Pelosi --...
* Illinois Republicans rally to unify party
* 18th Congressional District
* RAUNER walks TRUMP tightrope at state fair...
* Top Regional News: Police nab suspected me...
* Editorial | Finally, a US attorney
* John Milhiser nominated to be US attorney
* Congressman Kinzinger And Opponent Sara Da...
* Dems weigh their options, consider leadership
* Nazi candidate for congress and his suppor...

* Trump tabs Springfield-based prosecutor fo......
* Ami Investment Management Boosted Graham H......
* Rlj Lodging Tr (RLJ) Holder Land & Bui......
* Koch Industries Increased Its United Techn......
* Zacks Investment Management Has Upped Stak......

* Of the 4 female veterans in Congress, 2 ar......
* Can Tahirah Amatul-Wadud Become the Next P......
* Senate passes resolution defending press a......
* Just a small critique...
* Millhiser gets nod from Trump to be next U......

* Keep 'Em Down On The Farm
* The Week In Chicago Rock
* Kusanya clean-up day August 19, 2018
* Short-term ‘retirement’ post turns out to be a long-term one for Jesse White
* Univesity transfer students are now sought out...
* What if A.I. is coming for jobs faster than we thought?
* LMS market after Blackboard-Moodle breakup
* Building Tomorrow’s Talent: Collaboration Can Close Emerging Skills Gap
* Colleges and Universities Woo Once-Overlooked Transfer Students
* 10 Ways That Edtech Has Transformed Libraries

* Bicentennial announces plans for Aug. 26th Constitution Day
* Gov. Rauner proclaims Traffic Fatality Awareness Day, urges public's help in making Illinois roads safer
* Illinois Department of Human Rights Honors "Dream Builders"
* Gov. Rauner signs public safety legislation
* Illinois Payrolls Up for Sixth Straight Month

* Understanding color accuracy in mobile devices (Part 3 of 3)
* Honor Play in for review
* Netflix cancels its talk shows starring Michelle Wolf and Joel McHale
* We asked, you told us: Your favourite Galaxy Note 9 feature starts with a ‘4’
* Google rolls back Android Messages to old design and removes dark mode