Capitol - Your Illinois News Radar » *** UPDATED x1 *** Will Rauner get a primary opponent?
*** UPDATED x1 *** Will Rauner get a primary opponent?

Friday, Sep 29, 2017

* Here’s John Kass

Some Republicans are already trying to save what’s left of the GOP by finding other conservative candidates to run against Rauner. Among the names being mentioned: state Rep. Jeanne Ives, of Wheaton, a conservative and graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. Mentioned as a running mate is outgoing state Sen. Kyle McCarter, of downstate Lebanon.

An Ives-McCarter ticket. I’d pay to see that.

* But, let’s get real for a second

Several possible GOP candidates tell us their hesitation isn’t a fear of facing Rauner, but a fear of the general election. They say the mid-term could be a Democratic year and if there’s real anti-Trump sentiment, it could spell doom for any Republican running statewide in Illinois. Names floating around, state Rep. Jeanne Ives, state Sen. Kyle McCarter, state Sen. Sam McCann, Dan Proft.

* And this is an excerpt from Sen. McCann’s Facebook post yesterday

Right now, I am being primaried for the third time in five years BY MY OWN PARTY.

Sangamon County Republican Chairman Rose Long said recently that I don’t represent their values. Her hand-picked candidate, Steve McClure is being supported by my own caucus-mates (fellow republican senators and representatives) and members of the Illinois Republican Congressional delegation. So - you’re right, I don’t represent your values!!! Because I don’t believe in selling out to Rauner Inc as you have and throwing your constituents under the bus as you all have!

I don’t believe in disregarding my oath and being party to destroying Representative Governmment, as so many of you have done.

I don’t believe in being anyone’s RUBBERSTAMP! I believe in being a voice and a vote for the People, not a pawn of the party.

So, to the People of the 50th Senate District, if you are looking for a #rubberstamp to go along with four more years of Rauner, then Chairman Rose Long, Steve McClure and the IL GOP are giving you an excellent opportunity to do so.

Sounds like he’s running for reelection, but things can change.

* Back to the bill signing

Rauner is betting he can still survive a primary challenge. But if he vetoed the abortion bill, how could he survive a general election in a blue state? The move negates the full-page ads, the Handmaid’s Tale protesters who prominently and frequently protest outside the Thompson Center in Chicago and in Springfield will likely disappear. His best argument is what he articulated on Thursday, that abortion isn’t really available equally to all women if there’s no access to it by those who can’t afford it. “No woman should be forced to make a different decision than another woman would based purely on her income,” Rauner said. “I am personally pro-choice, I always have been. I made no qualms about that when I was elected governor. I have not and never will change my views. I personally believe that a woman must have the right to decide what goes on in her own body.”

*** UPDATE ***  Greg Hinz

In a phone interview, state Rep. Jeanne Ives, a social and economic conservative and West Point graduate from Wheaton, said she’s concluded that Rauner “cannot be elected next year.”

“It’s his decision whether or not to run. If he does, I hope we’d put up a primary opponent against him, because I won’t be supporting him,” Ives continued.

Asked who that might be, Ives replied, “That’s an open question.” When I said that sounds like she’s interested, she answered, “I’ve not ruled it out,” noting not only Rauner’s “flip flop” on the abortion bill but also his earlier decision to sign bills boosting funding for Chicago Public Schools and directing law enforcement officials not to cooperate with federal immigration agents in many cases involving those in the country illegally.

1. - RNUG - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:24 am:

Heard Sam speak publicly earlier this week. The impression seemed to be he was running again for State Senator.

2. - Curl of the Burl - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:25 am:

Sam has quite the inferiority complex. Someone is ALWAYS out to get him. That was the case before he ran for the Senate, when he first ran for the Senate, when he got thrown into a new district, when he ran in 2016 and now.

3. - Curl of the Burl - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:27 am:

Sam should not be surprised if any of his colleagues throw him under the bus. He has done the same to them on the Senate floor - and he publicly threw Christine Radogno under the bus during the 2016 primary.

4. - Anonymous - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:30 am:

… “if there’s real anti-Trump sentiment, it could spell doom for any Republican running statewide in Illinois.”

If? I know this is an Illinois centred political blog but this coming midterm election could be brutal to the GOP. Midterms are almost always a referendum on the party in power and I don’t see Trump getting his act together.

5. - Iggy - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:32 am:

Sam should take time and think before he speaks. to my knowledge RD and Lahood have not publicly endorsed any candidate in his race.

6. - Annonin' - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:33 am:

It would be fun to see FreeCollege Ives on full display.
    GuessinGovJunk decided hangin’ with the whack jobs just S* too much. Now he must focu on the hate speech on union and Chicago and se what happens.
    Or just drop out.
    His next task will be to govern and run against the back drop of Trump.

7. - Blue dog dem - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:34 am:

8. - Michelle Flaherty - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:36 am:

I will donate to an Ives-McCarter ticket.
    It’s about time we put a taxpayer funded coloring book in every church.

9. - Curl of the Burl - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:38 am:

Iggy - those two (and Shimkus) did back Benton in 2016.

10. - DeseDemDose - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:39 am:

No, Rauner, Grffen, Zell,& dark money is the backbone of the Illinois Republican Party.

11. - 47th Ward - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:39 am:

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody’s part.

12. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:40 am:

===An Ives-McCarter ticket. I’d pay to see that.===

Boy, so would I. The theatre alone…

To the Post,

Rauner can’t get anyone to run for SoS, Treasurer, or Comproller.

Trump’s midterm is also a factor, I’m guessing, along with Rauner’s own numbers.

What conservative Republican, in Trump’s midterm, in a blue state like Illinois, is willing first to face an unlimited amount of cash from Rauner to be personally destroyed, and… to be fortunate enough to “win”, after being dragged into the mud by Rauner, you get all the headwinds that is possibly Illinois in 2018.

And someone is going to take that challenge?

13. - No thanks - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:40 am:

Everyone of those names mentioned - other than Sam McCann - was with Rauner and supported Rauner and knew his pro-abortion views.

14. - Curl of the Burl - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:41 am:

DDD - hmm…dark money…like what Dan Biss “raised” late last year? To the tune of $10+ million?

15. - No thanks - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:41 am:

Of course, Kelly is also running and regardless of naysayers was against Rauner from the onset.

16. - Norseman - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:43 am:

Again, rational thought seems to be the victim of extremism. If not too much, I’d join Rich in paying to the show.

17. - WSJ Paywall - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:46 am:

No. Lots of smoke but no fire.

18. - TomiChicago - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:47 am:

I had forgotten just how bad a writer Kass is.

19. - RNUG - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:54 am:

== Sam should take time and think before he speaks. ==

-Iggy-, having attended a number of events where Sam spoke, both planned and off the cuff, I think Sam does think first. But sometimes he just decides to speak his mind anyway and let the chips fall where they may. He is normally diplomatic in that he usually critiszes both party’s policies when he is being critical.

Unlike Rauner’s good old boy routine being just an act, Sam is pretty much what you see is what you get. His supporters seem to like that.

20. - AC - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:54 am:

I’m starting to buy into the theory that this is carefully orchestrated political theatre designed to make folks forget about the destruction during Rauner’s term, and make him seem like a centrist. Ives would be perfect for the role. Then again, maybe I’m giving BTIA way too much credit.

21. - Anon221 - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:56 am:

More likely than not, if there is a primary challenger to Rauner, he will survive the challenge. This isn’t Alabama. The General is another thing altogether and much of that will hinge on what Democratic candidate survives the primary AND how united the Democratic front becomes AFTER the primary. Independent voters will be a key group, as will the Progressive Democrats. Rauner could easily win another 4 years if the Dems fall to infighting and finger pointing. And if a third party candidate gets on the ballot, that may also drain votes away from the Dems as a protest vote against both the Dem candidate and Rauner, making the overall race tighter. The Dems also need to keep doing what they are doing on multiple fronts about Rauner’s failures as a governor. He doesn’t need to be allowed four years of “prep school” for his second term. The “tuition” is far too high for the people of Illinois.

22. - Soccermom - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:57 am:

47th, it’s time to watch another movie.

I hear Casablanca is good.

23. - A guy - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 10:59 am:

==An Ives-McCarter ticket. I’d pay to see that.==

I was going to opine “That makes one”. But then Willy chimed in, so I’ll amend:

“That makes two”.

24. - ??? - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 11:06 am:

A guy - Make it three.

25. - cdog - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 11:09 am:

“An Ives-McCarter ticket. I’d pay to see that.”

I’d vote for it.

Ives has that in-your-face-with-truth, take no prisoners, warrior mentality.

She definitely has the skills to be an effective disruptor.

People are looking for bold, principled, non-establishment leaders.

I hope this gets some wind in the sails.

26. - Name Withheld - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 11:20 am:

If the past 2 or so years can be defined as ‘disruption’ - I’ve had my fill, thanks. Hows about we work on the task of creation instead of destruction for a change.

27. - Real - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 11:43 am:

To those who keep saying Rauner will survive a primary.. With who on the republican side voting for him? Take a look at his facebook page after the sanctuary bill and it was littered with his former voters vowing not to vote for him again.

28. - Rich Miller - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 11:46 am:

===With who on the republican side voting for him?===

Can’t beat somebody with nobody.

29. - former southerner - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 11:49 am:

Anyone wanting to live under disruption then much of central Africa will be to your liking. Here in central IL I would prefer something besides reality TV wannabes.

But if the IL GOP wants to get behind Jeanne Ives I fully support that as a member of the old establishment GOP who would like nothing better than for the modern GOP to finish its current crash and burn cycle so that it can once again embrace logic and rationality. Watching Ken Burns excellent series about Vietnam I was reminded how much Nixon was just a little ahead of his time in the GOP.

30. - Arsenal - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 11:52 am:

== The move negates the full-page ads, the Handmaid’s Tale protesters who prominently and frequently protest outside the Thompson Center in Chicago and in Springfield will likely disappear.==

We’ll see about that. I know PP remains livid with him, and Terry Cosgrove ain’t exactly a half-measures kind of guy.

31. - Anon221 - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 12:00 pm:

Building on Arsenal’s comment- there are many, many, many more ways Rauner has hurt women and children in this state during his tenure. Remember his compassion-competitive philosophy? That worked out so well during the impasse for rape crisis centers, womens’ shelters, healthcare, childcare, educational opportunities (MAP for example), and on and on. HB40 signing does not absolve him of those “sins”.

32. - @MisterJayEm - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 12:19 pm:

“She definitely has the skills to be an effective disruptor.”

The record of Jeanne Ives ‘effectiveness’ is well-established.

– MrJM

33. - Soccermom - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 12:19 pm:

Where can I donate to Ives for Governor?

34. - Macbeth - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 12:26 pm:

This is all such nonsense. It’s just a bunch of attention-starved people — Kass, included — raging into the wind.

No one is going to primary Rauner. We know this. Kass knows this. It’s just not going to happen.

And these same King Lears hollering into the abyss will, when it comes time to vote, vote for Rauner. We know this. We know this. Everybody knows this.

This is all nonsense.

35. - ZC - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 12:39 pm:

36. - 47th Ward - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 12:49 pm:

Lol. “Here’s looking at you, kid” didn’t seem appropriate to the situation.

37. - wordslinger - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 12:50 pm:

Dan Proft is a big talker. His sugar daddy has a lot of money.

Why wouldn’t a brave, principled statesman like himself step up? From his last run, you know he has a solid base of 7% in a GOP primary to build on.

38. - 47th Ward - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 12:52 pm:

39. - @MisterJayEm - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 12:57 pm:

“I’m not sure a lot of everyday Christian conservatives in IL are gonna vote for Rauner, is the thing though. They may just pass him over on the ballot, come November 2018.”

– MrJM

40. - LoisLearned2much - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 1:12 pm:

Everyone of the above said candidates was bought out by the Rauner/Proft money. So, do we really want to elect another puppet of the Chicago money and thus elect Rauner, again. Or better yet, are we willing to fall for another political campaign scam, and Rauner Puppet to the money?

41. - Highland Il - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 1:24 pm:

I shouldn’t have read this post on my lunch hour. I almost spit all over my keyboard when I saw Ives-McCarter.

Thought Shimkus was going to get McCarter a job in Africa….

42. - Arsenal - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 1:59 pm:

==In November 2016, there was a contest between Christian conservatives’ principles and Christian conservatives’ partisanship — their partisanship won in a walk.==

Notable difference though is that Christian conservatives got what they wanted out of the deal, a buncha new right-wing judges. OTOH, Rauner just handed them something they hate.

43. - Zippity Do Da - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 2:11 pm:

Underestimate Jeanne Ives at your own peril!

44. - Curl of the Burl - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 2:22 pm:

MrJM - holding their noses and voting for Trump got conservatives Justice Neil Gorusch. Holding their noses and voting for Rauner got conservatives…hmm…not quite sure…

45. - VanillaMan - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 2:23 pm:

Who’s there?
    Opportunity who?
    Opportunity for Former Congressman Joe Walsh

46. - Anon221 - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 2:30 pm:

I would love to see Ives and Rauner in a debate leading up to the primary. That would be priceless.

47. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 2:30 pm:

So lemme understand this…

Jeanne Ives might run against Rauner.

If true, she wouldn’t keep her House seat, she’d be done in the GA and….

… not only would she get beat, but would give me such comic glee and joy I couldn’t see straight?

Sign me up

48. - Curl of the Burl - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 2:44 pm:

I can imagine an Ives-Rauner debate consisting of Jeanne Ives screaming the whole time and Bruce Rauner looking like he is ready for bed.

49. - ArchPundit - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 3:11 pm:

—Underestimate Jeanne Ives at your own peril!

What’s the peril?Laughing myself silly?

50. - Oswego Willy - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 3:14 pm:

===Underestimate Jeanne Ives at your own peril!===

They said the same about the Confederacy…

51. - cdog - Friday, Sep 29, 17 @ 3:31 pm:

What needs to happen is a postmortem analysis of the lies Rauner told to the GOP at the statehouse, for the last 2.5 years.

Until all the lies are accounted for, the man will remain powerful.

Bring the truth. Tell us all the times he lied and succeeded in prolonging the budget stalemate.

It’s so obvious, but needs to be exercised.

* More shenanigans!
* Saturday campaign money report
* *** UPDATED x2 *** Shenanigans!
* Tribune drops bombshell on Biss running mate
* Rauner: "Madigan has rigged the Democratic primary for Pritzker"
* New Ives radio ad claims Democrats are trying to help Rauner, while Brady does Rauner robocall
* *** UPDATED x1 - DGA responds *** Elections board says DGA should file disclosure for Ives ad
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY: Jones; IEA/IFT; Reis; Mitchell; Edgar
* ISRA, Drury both try to claim Raoul inserted "poison pill" into gun bill
* Pro-life group launches GOTV effort for Lipinski
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Rauner opens new online track against Ives
* Erika Harold still can't remember comments, but says "I was wrong"
* Rauner calls Madigan "a unified force of bad, of evil"
* Sen. Duckworth gets involved in another state central committee race
* *** UPDATED x2 *** Has Pritzker gone to ground?
* Illinois House Bill HB 4900 Wastes Government Resources
* McCann, barred from SGOP caucus meeting, claims Rauner threatened to "destroy you and your family"
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Caption contest!
* Obama mailer kerfuffle in Lipinski district
* Rauner attended Quincy campaign event after Quincy veterans' home presser
* After spending millions in Dem primary, Rauner accuses "Washington liberals" of "hijacking" the GOP primary

* Gov. Rauner Spotted In BN On St. Patrick's Day .....
* Illinois governor race more fierce, costly as p.....
* Bernard Schoenburg: My predictions for Tuesday'.....
* Candidates for Governor Attend St. Patrick’s Da.....
* Bernard Schoenburg: Guessing who will be celebr.....
* Our View: A recap of The State Journal-Register.....
* Illinois governor race more fierce, costly as p.....
* Pritzker defends putting $69.5 million of his f.....
* OUR VIEW: Voters should do the vetting in prima.....
* Statehouse Insider: Primary season mercifully n.....

* Illinois governor race more fierce, costly as primary nears
* Judge gives FBI more time in alleged serial killer case
* Michigan shipwreck hunters find schooner that sank in 1873
* Immigrant reunited with child months after separation by US
* SIU consolidating student housing to west side of campus
* Illinois lawmaker seeks to abolish townships to lower taxes
* Police presence across Illinois upped for St. Patrick's Day
* EXCHANGE: Local married couples work together peacefully
* EXCHANGE: Woodworker carves out a niche with patience
* Man gets 65 years for killing Cook County investigator

* Illinois governor race more fierce, costly as primary nears
* As primaries loom, downstate Democrats look for a way back
* Madigan backs Dem central committee incumbent in 13th
* Trump factor looms large in Illinois governor primary campaigns
* Ray LaHood brokers deal for O'Hare expansion
* McCann says Rauner threatened to 'destroy' him in 2015 over vote
* Rauner looking into state buying vacant nursing home in Quincy
* Luciano: What if Downstate dumped Chicago and formed new state?
* AP review: Push for gun laws faces resistance in most states
* Top Democrats go on attack at final governor primary debate

* Amazon search team in Chicago next week
* Amazon HQ2 search team visiting Chicago March 21-22
* Pension mess? You'd hardly know it from 2018's gubernatorial candidates.
* The Best New Event Spaces in Chicago 2018
* March madness arrives in guv, assessor races

* Loyola looking to make a statement for mid-major programs: ‘Respect us’
* The short-handed Bulls fight to the end, but too much LeBron James in crunchtime
* Cubs split spring training doubleheader with Indians, 300 miles apart
* Holy shot! Another miracle finish for Sweet 16-bound Loyola
* The ‘force’ with Mark Hamill at Dublin’s St. Patrick’s Day
* Man killed estranged wife then abducted kids, prompting Amber Alert: prosecutors
* Vatican bows to pressure, releases retired pope’s letter
* Police: man, 24, found dead in the Loop
* Ramblers stun third-seeded Tennessee 63-62 to advance to Sweet 16
* Bulls want to see big-man Lauri Markkanen add some more muscle this summer

* Turtle racing's had a long, slow burn in Chicago
* For 'Black Panther' fans, what to know about the suburban hamlet of Wauconda
* Fired FBI deputy director kept personal memos on Trump, and Mueller has them
* LeBron James' triple-double too much for Bulls as Cavs pull out a 114-109 victory
* Cubs' Jose Quintana in fine form, striking out 8 Indians in Las Vegas
* South Side shootings wound 2 men
* West Side crash sends 9 to hospitals
* Loyola headed to Sweet 16 after Clayton Custer hits game-winning shot in final seconds
* New details in fatal shooting emerge in court, Markham woman honored in vigil
* Bail set at $100K for man accused of attacking 3 CTA employees

» A Feisty Debate, Offshore Accounts — And Some Side-Eye
» WBEZ’s Chicago and Illinois News Roundup: March 16, 2018
» The Week in Review: Pritzker Slammed Over Offshore Holdings
» Web Extra, The Week in Review: American Airlines Changes Stance
» How Parking Ticket Debt Punishes Black Drivers In Chicago; The Best Illinois Movies
» State Week: Rauner's Gun Veto; Dem's Mean Debate
» #642 Songs About the Music Industry & Antibalas
» March 15, 2018 - Full Show
» Illinois Has Issues: Gov Candidates Talk Marijuana
» Rauner: Replace Legionnaires’-Stricken VA Home With New ‘Ultra-Modern’ Facility

* Statehouse Insider: Sadly, the primary campaign is coming to an end
* Bernard Schoenburg: My predictions for Tuesday's primary election
* Our View: A recap of The State Journal-Register’s endorsements
* Bernard Schoenburg: Guessing who will be celebrating Tuesday night
* Madeleine Doubek: Time to end gerrymandering in Illinois
* United Way: Reporting results that matter
* Illinois governor race more fierce, costly as primary nears
* As primaries loom, downstate Democrats look for a way back
* Madigan backs Dem central committee incumbent in 13th
* Ed Rogers: As a Republican, I see a 12-alarm fire raging. Why can't Trump?

* Man killed by Metrolink train near Fairview Heights station
* Martinez loses in national title match
* Concert to honor music teacher Heidi White on March 27 in Morton
* Should basketball state finals stay in Peoria?
* Alorton police officer sideswiped while in patrol car
* Man charged with child pornography
* Public safety: Man faces drug charges 3/18/18
* PHOTOS: St. Patricks Day Parade in Decatur
* Wedding, parade among the ways Decatur residents celebrate St. Patrick's Day
* Woman dies in Ford Co. wreck

* Evanston's run leaves Larkin with fourth place
* Loyola wins again, is in Sweet 16! 63-62 upset over Tennessee
* Softball: Patino powers Barrington past St. Charles East
* Baseball: Elk Grove rallies past Bartlett
* Boys track and field: Glenbard South feasts at Metro Suburban Conference meet

* US Denies Citizenship to Afghanistan Vet W...
* Twice-Deployed Afghan War Vet Denied Citiz...
* Democrats tell fired former FBI deputy dir...
* This RSS feed URL is deprecated
* River Town Chronicles: Randy Hultgren is T...
* 7 Democrats talk strategy for winning prim...
* 14th Democratic hopefuls talk guns at Bata...
* Primary candidates vie for Democratic nomi...
* ICOs Draw Fire at US Congressional Hearing...
* 14th District candidates agree: Global war...

* Congolese mother and child finally reunite......
* Congolese mother arrives in Chicago, still......
* Sen. Durbin receives Healy Award for servi......
* House backs school safety bill in Florida ......
* Senator Durbin Receives Alumni Award...

* Congolese mother and child finally reunite......
* Schatz to convene field hearing on false m......
* Congolese mother arrives in Chicago, still......
* Duckworth on Zinke's improper use of Japan......
* US government denies Afghanistan War veter......

* State of the Legal Industry: A Leading Innovator Concludes that Inefficiency Prevails
* Wednesday, March 14, 2018
* Monday, 3/12/2018
* Online University Programs and Microcredentials Enhance Professional Learning
* AI is the new electricity, says Coursera’s Andrew Ng
* Bolstering Academic Integrity in the Online Classroom
* Here’s 5 Reasons Why You Should Study An Online MBA In 2018
* 3 Technologies that Education Needs, But Have Not Been Created
* Coursera to offer degrees from UK universities
* Thorner: Curse of Poet Emma Lazarus Lives on in Lady Liberty

* February Flooding Information
* IEMA Urges People to Prepare for Severe Weather
* Governor issues state disaster proclamation for flooding in Iroquois, Kankakee, Vermilion Counties
* Winter Storm Warnings for Areas Along and North of I-80
* IEMA Encourages People to Prepare for Earthquakes

* Sunday debate: Notch vs full bezel
* AR company Avegant has replaced its CEO and laid off more than half its staff
* 9 reasons to be cautious with blockchain
* Nnedi Okorafor is writing a comic series about Black Panther’s Dora Milaje warriors
* Trump-linked data firm Cambridge Analytica harvested data on 50 million Facebook profiles to help target voters
* Jakub Rozalski’s Howling at the Moon is a beautiful art book that merges real and fictional worlds
* Dozens of states are now considering plans to keep net neutrality rules

* Cool with No. 2? Avi paces Sox 5-2 win