Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » I’ll take neither, please
I’ll take neither, please

Tuesday, Nov 14, 2017

* Press secretary to New York City’s mayor…

NYC Twitter went a bit nuts, as you can imagine. And so did the New York Post

“This is the best pizza in the United States and it’s not close,” Eric Phillips tweeted Saturday along with a photo depicting an amorphous pile of pepperoni and sauce that is purportedly a pie from some place called “Pequod’s Pizza.”

That specious assessment did not sit well with Big Apple gourmands, who were quick to pile on the seemingly clueless Midwest native.

“Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, and it’s rare that an opinion can be wrong — but this is one of those rare cases,” New York pizza tour guide Scott Wiener told The Post. “It’s an irresponsible statement to make as a representative of the city itself.”

Phillips deflected: “I don’t think anyone cares what type of pizza the mayor’s press secretary likes. I think they care more about someone not being a phony. Especially about pizza!”

* Sun-Times

It’s now official: Chicago-style pizza is better than the flimsy, flaccid version they serve in New York

That’s the conclusion from the man whose primary job is to sing the praises of his boss, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, and all things Big Apple.

But Eric Phillips, the mayor’s press secretary, didn’t just say he likes Chicago’s Pequod’s Pizza. He gushed about it in a series of tweets over the weekend.

Chicago-style pizza is for tourists. Notice that Phillips is from Wisconsin.

* Give me this stuff any day

Out-of-towners might be surprised to find a significant number of locals (South Siders in particular) prefer pizza with a wafer-thin crust to that of the deep-dish style otherwise associated with our great city.

Call this South Side-born pizza tavern or pub style. For many, this trumps the deep-dish as the true Chicago pizza. […]

To keep their customers drinking, “the bars got the idea to create a pizza that is a little less breadlike,” Porter said.

“The pizzas had a cracker-style dough and are a little more salty than usual,” Porter said. “The bar owners decided to cut the pizzas up into cocktail squares and give them out for free.

89 Comments »
  1. - Perrid - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:48 am:

If that twitter account is the official account, then maaaaaaybe you could call it irresponsible to tell the truth instead of praising New York endlessly. But come on.

2. - Langhorne - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:48 am:

Never liked deep dish. Its more of a casserole.
    Dont like “mall pizza”, w thick, gummy, bready bottom layer (it isnt a crust).

Gimme thin crust. Gabatonis is best spfld example.

3. - Because I said so.... - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:49 am:

Vito and Nick’s, 84th and Pulaski (but south siders say Nick and Vito’s) has the BEST thin crust in the city End of discussion.

4. - JoanP - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:49 am:

That doesn’t even look like a pizza!

The description of “pub style” pizza just sounds like a traditional Italian pizza - thin, crispy crust, not overwhelmed by toppings.

5. - Try-4-Truth - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:50 am:

Dude, I love me some Lou’s. I lived on the east coast, their “pizza” is terrible.

But, let me give a shout-out to Rockford area pizza. Lino’s, Sam’s (all 3), and others. Good doughy crust and lots of cheese. It’s a good reason just to come to Rockford.

6. - ughhh - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:51 am:

Its all about Rosangelas in Evergreen across from LCM

7. - Blue dog dem - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:51 am:

Love Chicago deep dish. Love St.Louis thin.
    New York ? Shoe leather on a good day.

8. - Conn Smythe - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:52 am:

Palermo’s. Everything else is bread with tomato sauce mixed in.

9. - Da Big Bad Wolf - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:54 am:

I always found deep dish pizza disgusting. It’s comforting to know I’m not alone.

10. - wordslinger - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:54 am:

There’s some good deep-dish, but I prefer a thin crust.

The true story of “Chicago” pizza is the hundreds of mom and pop neighborhood joints doing their own take. Lots of variety and good home cooking.

My sons went to college in Michigan and all they could get was the national chains. I’d rather eat my shoe than a Papa John’s pie. One slice was enough.

11. - ??? - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:56 am:

I prefer thin crust pizza by far, but on the rare occasion I crave deep dish, I go for Pequod’s or Lou’s. Oddly, my favorite thin crust pizza is not from a dedicated pizza/Italian eatery. It’s Exchequer, on Wabash in Chicago. Golden-brown bubbly cheese, flavorful sauce….mmmmm.

12. - Lobo - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:56 am:

Villa Nova in Stickney or Freddy’s in Cicero.

Best.

Not whatever atrocity is in that photo.

13. - Sox Fan - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 11:57 am:

I’m with the other South Siders posting on this thread. Vito and Nicks and Rosangela’s are fantastic. As a native of Beverly, I was always a fan of Milano’s.

With all that said, sometimes I love a good deep dish. I’m one of the few who prefer Giordano’s to Lou Malnati’s.

14. - Anonymous - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:03 pm:

The picture reminds me of Michigan. Last year, I gutted a deer, plopped it on the ground, and looked like this.

15. - OneMan - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:03 pm:

It has is place, but it always struck me a silly to have a single pizza preference.

Sometimes Lou’s is cool, sometimes that ‘bar pizza’ is what I am looking for.

I know some folks hate Aurelio’s (they would be crazy) but if I had to feed you one pizza a large from their Homewood location would be the place I would take you.

Second would be Barnaby’s out by O’Hare since the location in Cal City I grew up going to is closed.

The third is a local pizza place by me called Eatza Pizza.

As for NY, I will say the fact (at least in Midtown Manhattan) there seems to be a place on every block selling pizza by the slice is cool.

16. - OkComputer - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:03 pm:

“Chicago-style pizza is for tourists. ”

Uh, I have Peaquod’s (the pizza in the photo) about once a week.

Gino’s East is for tourists…

17. - Sonny - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:04 pm:

I always call it party cut, but I like the use of cocktail cut here.

18. - yo - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:05 pm:

I will eat any pizza, anytime, anywhere. It’s provenance is not important to me.

19. - Too Much to Handle - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:05 pm:

Palermo’s on 63rd has the best all around pizza if you like sweet sauce like I do. Their stuffed and thin crust pizzas are excellent.

Rich, stuffed pizza is food of the Gods, not the tourists.

20. - Ron - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:07 pm:

Pequod’s is delicious. So is Lou Malnati’s.

21. - G'Kar - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:07 pm:

22. - Rich Miller - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:08 pm:

OneMan, I agree with you about Aurelio’s in Homewood.

23. - Ron - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:10 pm:

“a traditional Italian pizza - thin, crispy crust, not overwhelmed by toppings.”

capricciosa?????

24. - Grandson of Man - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:12 pm:

The only deep dish pizza I really like is Lou Malnati’s, because the crust is relatively thin. I don’t care for my pizza to be mostly bread.

I too love pizza with a nice and thin crust. One of these days I have to try Vito and Nick’s. Saw it on TV the other day.

25. - Archiesmom - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:14 pm:

Didn’t one of the TV shows go to Pequod’s and call it the best pizza ever? Bourdain or Zimmmern, maybe? Me, I’m afraid that my NY roots show - deep dish is admirable but just too heavy for me. I still love good NY pizza, but a great wood-fired over can create something special. Piece in Chicago is fine stuff. (And my local delivery is Aurelio’s in Homewood, which keeps me pretty content, too.)

26. - Michelle Flaherty - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:15 pm:

– “I don’t think anyone cares what type of pizza the mayor’s press secretary likes.” –

Now they do.

Is he a Red Sox fan, too?

27. - Ron - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:15 pm:

Spacca Napoli is fantastic for real italian pizza.

28. - Reality Check - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:21 pm:

Pequod’s is solid - and miles better than the touristy Uno’s, Giordano’s, Malnati’s crap - but it’s not even the best pizza on the north side of Chicago. That honor goes to Piece, as Archiesmom suggested.

Also second Spacca Napoli (and add Forno Rosso) for Naples-style paper-thin crusts blasted in a brick oven.

29. - Ginhouse Tommy - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:23 pm:

A guy from Chicago told me that pizza is a religion in the Windy City.

30. - Ron - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:24 pm:

Piece is overrated.

31. - A guy - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:26 pm:

Southsiders will invariably tell you that Beggar’s is a special pie. Aurelios too, but Beggar’s is the secret they won’t let get too much light.

32. - Pot calling kettle - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:33 pm:

Chicago is a great pizza city. Deep dish, thin crust, and all of the out-of-town styles (like serve up at Piece). I love enjoying the variety.

That said, deep dish pizza is the best. :-P

33. - Joe Bidenopolous - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:33 pm:

Don’t much care for the deep dish stuff myself, but Pequod’s makes a pretty mean thin crust. And if you like cracker crust, you can do a whole lot worse than Ranalli’s.

34. - Gooner - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:36 pm:

Deep dish just for tourists? Yeah, the usual spots tend to be overrun by people from Des Moines.

Locals just order it delivered. GrubHub delivers from Dues. That’s our typical pizza place. Lou Malnatis also delivers.

35. - Keyser Soze - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:37 pm:

Some blame the obesity crisis on sweet drinks but I am working on the theory that the post World War II pizza explosion bears greater responsibility. Now that we are all addicted, it is best for our waistlines to stick with the thin crust variety. Cook County might even consider a thick crust sin tax, say by the millimeter. By the bye, I’ve had pizza from all over Chicagoland but none has matched that of Gabatoni’s in Springfield. Just ask the legislature.

36. - City Zen - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:39 pm:

==I know some folks hate Aurelio’s (they would be crazy)==

Aurelio’s seems to be a love/hate thing. Their cheese blend is definitely unique.

Milwaukee has surprisingly good cracker crust pizza.

37. - Chicago Cynic - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:39 pm:

Love Pat’s, Barnaby’s and how about some love for Springfield’s own Gabatoni’s?

38. - Ducky LaMoore - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:39 pm:

Deep dish is the way to go when I want really good pizza. Being a hick out in hicksville, I eat way too much Casey’s pizza. Which is fine. But there is nothing better that leaving Peoria with a pie from Chicago Grill. They also have the best Gyros in town.

39. - 47th Ward - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:40 pm:

Pizza. When it’s good, it’s fantastic. When it’s bad, it’s still pretty good.

40. - Park - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:42 pm:

The best pizza place around me, (DuPage Cty) is run by a first generation Korean lady, pretty much a ‘one woman shop’. And by best, I mean best by far.

A food store near me has been carrying New York style pizza in their deli area. It’s fantastic, 4 bucks a big slice.

I think the answer is the old saying “the worst pizza I ever had…..was still pretty good.”

41. - Anon - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:43 pm:

Burts Place in Morton grove, IL reopened and really good.

42. - Anon - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:47 pm:

Wordslinger, they didn’t try hard enough then. Detroit deep dish is definitely worth a try. There are a few Jet’s locations that made it to Chicago, but Loui’s Pizza in Detroit is the undisputed king.

43. - Lord Voldemort - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 12:52 pm:

At the risk of banishment, the best pizza in the world comes from Buddy’s in Detroit. But Lou Malnatis comes close. New York style? Meh.

44. - Flynn's mom - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:04 pm:

Vito and Nicks at 84th and Pulaski is the best thin crust in the world. Lou’s for deep dish.

45. - Anon - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:05 pm:

Lord V, the family that started and sold Buddy’s and Shield’s runs Loui’s.

46. - 47th Ward - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:08 pm:

I must be going to the wrong places, because the South Side thin crust pizza I usually find where I go is a frozen Tombstone or Jacks. And after a night of drinking beer from a can or a plastic cup at one of these south side joints, I’ve never turned it down.

47. - igotgotgotgotnotime - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:14 pm:

I’ve certainly tried every Chicago pie touted as the best over the last 50 years or so, and my entire family was underwhelmed by Pequod’s. It’s a decent pie, but that’s about it. That New York pizza must really be Domino’s-like if that’s what an NYC booster makes of it.

48. - Bemused - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:16 pm:

When I first came to Springfield in the early 70’s, the building that is now Penny Lane Gifts was Rome’s Pizza and bar. It was my first experience with Chicago deep dish pizza. Spent many an evening there having pizza, drinking beer and playing Air Hockey until 1:00 am. A lot of nights it was then off to the Warehouse down by the capitol. Can’t say I have had any better pizza since.

49. - Steve Rogers - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:19 pm:

Nancy’s. Excellent, excellent deep dish pizza.

50. - Lord Voldemort - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:20 pm:

Re Buddy’s — is that so? Where are they at? I might want to give them a try sometime.

51. - Stooges - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:20 pm:

My favorites from opposite ends of the thickness spectrum - Manny’s Pizza in Savanna, IL and Papa Del’s in Champaign.

52. - @MisterJayEm - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:22 pm:

“I’d rather eat my shoe than a Papa John’s pie. One slice was enough.”

Papa Johns exists only to put the lie to the claim that ‘there’s no such thing as bad pizza’.

“And my local delivery is Aurelio’s in Homewood, which keeps me pretty content, too.”

If I call when I leave the Hideout after Devil in the Woodpile (every Thursday at 6 pm, btw) my pie is ready when I get to their Villa Park location. There’s no better way to kick-off a long weekend.

– MrJM

53. - Hecker - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:27 pm:

Sheriff Dart serves pizza to the criminals at the jail. And it’s the best pie in town.

54. - Nick Name - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:29 pm:

“Chicago style” pizza isn’t pizza. It’s casserole.

Tavern style pizza sounds a lot like the excellent pizza served by Gabatoni’s here in Springfield.

55. - a drop in - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:40 pm:

Reading all these selections reminds me of all the places I have gone…..and all the places I have left to try.

This by O’hare person prefers Gino’s East in Rosemont. Followed it from Higgins to it’s current place on Devon across from the casino.

56. - Joe M - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:43 pm:

St. Louis style thin crust is worth driving to Pirrone’s in Florissant, or Faraci’s in Ferguson for. St. Louis style uses a very thin crust without yeast - and provel cheese.

57. - Big Joe - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:48 pm:

I grew up in Cicero. Always liked thin crust. Villa Nova in Stickney is still cranking out great pizza since the 50’s. Freddy’s in Cicero is good thick crust. Out in the NW burbs I like Garibaldi’s which is a lot like the former Berwyn restaurant DeVito’s. Also have found another great thin crust at Georgio’s in S. Barrington and Crystal Lake.

58. - Anonymous - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 1:49 pm:

==Sorry, the original pizza from Pagliai’s in Carbondale is the pizza by which all others are judged and found lacking.==

59. - Just Observing - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:01 pm:

=== Piece is overrated. ===

Piece is New Haven, CT-style pizza.

60. - 100 miles west - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:05 pm:

Pequod italian sausage and giardiniera, Pat’s, Al&Leda’s Sterling, and Pagliai’s in Iowa City, Sam’s in Springfield

61. - Jeff Schoenberg - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:13 pm:

The Chicago-style pizza making national news actually has its roots in Morton Grove on a street called Fernald, where the original Pequod’s still lives. The city locations were spawned to cater to the progeny of parents who grew up on this delicaciy in the northern suburbs.

62. - Waffle Fries - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:16 pm:

Pequods Pizza is the best pizza in existence. This is a fact. It can’t be debated.

63. - Michelle Flaherty - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:22 pm:

Agatucci’s in Peoria.

64. - L.A. - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:22 pm:

thin crust fan here.

And I 2nd Quattro’s in Carbondale. The good ol days.

In Springfield, I used to be a huge fan of Vic’s thin crust. Then I really got into Dillon’s. I like Gabatoni’s but not my favorite. I know this is weird, but I think they put too much toppings on their pizza. Can’t taste the sauce.

65. - Politix - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:23 pm:

Awesome topic. Agree on Villa Novs for thin and Freddy’s Cicero for deep dish.

Barnaby’s is one of the few true cracker crusts around. The best.

If you love Pequod’s but live in the burbs, LaBarra is a very good alternative. Carmelized deep dish.

66. - G'Kar - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:29 pm:

==Nah, in Carbondale Quattro’s rules — but I’m willing to do a pie-to-pie comparison just to make sure…==

Anonymous–are you Mrs. G’Kar? We’ve been having that debate since we met in the 1970’s.

67. - Anon - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:44 pm:

@Jeff Schoenberg, ur right, Burt co-founded pequods in Morton Grove, IL. Then broke off, few blocks away to start his own, Burts Place.

68. - IMissBentohs - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:49 pm:

The thing I like about Rich is that he is opinionated and entertaining.

When it come to pizza, he is opinionated, wrong and entertaining.

#ThickCrust4TheWin

69. - Arthur Andersen - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 2:51 pm:

Before AA retired, he was known to pick hotel locations for work travel based in no small part on the nearest great pizza joint.

Some great recommendations on this post. Anyone who likes the St. Louis/Imo’s style with the provel cheese and lives in SPI should check out Boccardi’s on the southwest side.

70. - blue dog dem - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 3:03 pm:

Crazy…but. theres a little town down here. shiloh Hill. 8 pizza ovens. Tombstone. If you see the crowd there on a given Fri/Sat , you would think its the greatest. Best $7.50 frozen pizza amosphere anywhere.

71. - Responsa - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 3:08 pm:

When we lived in Beverly I thought Fox’s on Western had the best and tastiest thin crust in the world. Haven’t been there in a couple decades but I googled and it looks like they’re still a thing. Anybody been there recently?

Since we’re low carbing it these days we only have pizza as a special treat maybe three times a year. Simple Giordano’s stuffed spinach the the current go to.

New York style pizza is all bread and it is horrible compared to any Chicago pizza as we found out when we lived in Joisy.

72. - unsqueezed - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 3:12 pm:

Weirdest looking pizza I ever had was in California. And, sorry, but anything with pineapple on it is not my idea of pizza

73. - Amalia - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 3:18 pm:

somewhere in the great pizza beyond, Burt is talking lots about how he started Pequod’s. Still, that place without Burt could not hold a candle to Burt’s pizza. Hope the new Burt’s Place is near as good as what Burt made. Think he also worked at Gulliver’s in West Rogers Park. Guess the NYC press guy could speak the truth post election. I’m going to continue buying Lou Malnati’s pies especially now that they made a major financial donation as in naming rights to Northwestern Hospital for the brain tumor section.

74. - Responsa - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 3:22 pm:

We were served ham and sauerkraut pizza in Munich Germany by our German/Dutch host and hostess (college acquaintances from U of I so they had definitely been exposed to edible pizza). While staying with them for Octoberfest we had been whinging that we needed a pizza fix to go along with the beer and…there it was. To this day we don’t know if they actually liked that stuff or if they were trolling us with the worst possible pizza they could come up with.

75. - 47th Ward - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 3:39 pm:

===ham and sauerkraut pizza in Munich Germany===

In 1990 in Dublin, Ireland I ordered a pizza. They put lettuce on it. Cold, limp, iceberg lettuce. It wasn’t listed as a topping, I think they added it almost like a garnish. Needless to say, it was not the best pizza I ever had.

76. - PizzaPie - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 3:41 pm:

Tortorice’s Picasso on Grand Street in West Town. Will leave you writing home to mom.

77. - Rabid - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 4:09 pm:

New York pizza is origami, deep dish is for tourists, the Italian immigrant pizzerias in town have always run the chains out of town

78. - Dirty Red - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 4:12 pm:

Papa Del’s

/discussion

79. - Arthur Andersen - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 4:29 pm:

Dirty, like the Papa’s pan a lot, but the thin is an overlooked treasure for when you don’t wanna walk around with a loaf of bread in your belly.

80. - leoFromChicago - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 5:39 pm:

I’m thinking of kidnapping everyone who says deepdish isn’t pizza and taking them to a ‘pizzeria rustica’ in Rome where they can order pizza so thick that the crust alone (pizza bianca) is sliced through and serves as a sandwich. These people came to Chicago in the 2nd half of the 19th Century and opened up shops offering the same bill de fare. Scheese.

81. - Anonymous - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 5:44 pm:

Pequod’s Puhleeze. Everybody knows that Burt’s Pizza was the original and the other is a copy (after Burt sold Pequod’s).

82. - Anonymous - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 8:19 pm:

I am not a fan of Pequod’s. I’ll take John’s pizza or Marie’s. RIP Chesden’s from Brighton Park, Chicago.

83. - Ivesdale - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 8:56 pm:

Makin’ Pizza in Bement

84. - VanillaMan - Tuesday, Nov 14, 17 @ 10:08 pm:

This South Sider grew up on Aurelio’s in Homewood, Sanfrantello’s in Glenwood, Lou Malnadi’s in the Loop, Barraco’s in Evergreen Park, Riverdale Pizza in Riverdale and moved to Springfield where it’s Gabbatoni’s and DiCarlo’s in Virden.

Deep dish is Uno, and Arranello’s.

NY pizza is generally excellent. It’s really good.

St.Louis pizza has nasty Provel cheese on it. No.

85. - cc - Wednesday, Nov 15, 17 @ 2:27 am:

Gabatoni’s best by far. The toppings depend on what customer orders so want less toppings, then ask for less.

86. - blue dog dem - Wednesday, Nov 15, 17 @ 5:31 am:

Vanilla. You just lost some cred. Provel has a time and place.

87. - Rick - Wednesday, Nov 15, 17 @ 8:19 am:

All the restaurants in Chicago are better than NY…

88. - Pizzza Queen - Wednesday, Nov 15, 17 @ 8:58 am:

Aurelios’s in Homewood is a treat, and a destination for many. V-man ,I also enjoyed Riverdale Pizza back in the day, but I loved Artese Pizza on Indiana Avenue.

89. - Lt Guv - Wednesday, Nov 15, 17 @ 10:14 am:

Try-4-Truth, I’m with you. Here’s another vote for Linos.

TrackBack URI

Post your comment... And please take a half second to come up with a nickname. It makes following the posts easier for everyone... Thanks

In other words, do your best to be civilized and smart.

* Reader comments closed for Thanksgiving
* Campaign miscellaneous
* Rauner's appointees kept Illinois in Crosscheck
* Illinois Policy Institute's lobbying arm got $2.5 million last year from group that bankrolled Merrick Garland fight
* There's more to Springfield than horseshoes
* Pritzker unveils opioid plan
* *** UPDATED x1 - Mendoza responds *** Rauner admin: "There can be no assurance that a budget will be enacted in future fiscal years"
* New Proft TV ad claims Durkin and Madigan "like Illinois state government just as it is"
* Rauner: "Illinois is at the edge of disaster"
* Shimkus won't endorse in gubernatorial primary
* Pritzker is taking a page from Rauner's 2014 campaign (in a good way)
* Biss wants more tax return details
* *** UPDATED x5 - Pritzker, ILGOP, Pritzker, Rauner, ILGOP respond *** Pritzker clarifies tax stance after Crain's interview
* Sen. Murphy endorses Silverstein challenger
* State GOP again demands that Durbin and Duckworth give away their Franken money

* Illinois governor's race: 'Are we going to have.....
* McCaleb: Reasons to be thankful in tax-and-spen.....
* Gubernatorial race coming to a polling place ne.....

* Museum of Science and Industry unveils holiday exhibits
* 'A Christmas Story' cast members to ride in Highland parade
* Philanthropy earns Howard Buffett spot on Wall of Fame
* Police to target shoppers abusing handicapped parking spots
* Man stabbed to death in Carbondale, girlfriend charged
* TransCanada: Over 24K gallons of oil recovered from spill
* Court: Stress no grounds for rescinding guilty pleas
* Fire at Metra station in Wheaton
* Report says multiple DCFS workers in Illinois attacked
* 3 charged in April slaying of Chicago area Lyft driver

* Laura Campbell suspended from IDOT job for interviewing friend for job
* Sex-harassment lawsuit against Rutherford dismissed
* Hunters take 51,365 deer during first firearm weekend
* House task force to review sexual harassment
* Electric cars, better fuel efficiency spell doom for Illinois gas tax
* Springfield wants out of legislation limiting payments for 5G antennas
* Fact check: Are Gov. Rauner's grandparents immigrants?
* Londrigan accused of attacking Davis for 'opposite' of remarks
* Gov. Rauner signs sex harassment legislation
* Under the Dome Podcast: Governor's race, sexual harassment, Rodney Davis

* Judge swears in new U.S. attorney for northern Illinois
* Get ready to pay more to keep the lights on . . .
* Get ready to pay more to keep the lights on—by turning power plants off
* Chicago is buying into bitcoin in a big way
* Correction

* Cadillac CTS: CTS delivers big on class and high-tech impressions
* Paul Reiser puts his Johnny Carson history into a Hulu sitcom
* House destroyed in Vernon Hills fire, no injuries reported
* Police: Person killed in I-57 crash in Posen
* Police: Man shot to death during attempted robbery in Chatham
* $400K winning lottery ticket sold at Skokie convenience store
* Woman, 24, shot in Old Irving Park
* Georgia Nicols horoscopes for Nov. 24, 2017
* Dear Abby: Tenant misbehaves, blames sleepwalking
* 2 charged after running from stolen vehicle in Loop

* 1 dead, 4 wounded in Thanksgiving Day shootings, including 1 shot by security guard
* Wanted: Aggressive Lake Michigan protection
* Boyfriend's mom won't meet girlfriend
* Are the Saudis getting the message: Stop starving civilians.
* Time-in versus timeout, which method works better for your child?
* LINDA C. BLACK HOROSCOPES for 11/24/17
* Omarr's daily astrological forecast, For release 11/24/17 for 11/24/17
* No. 4 Michigan State rattles DePaul 73-51 with second-half surge
* Sound heard in Argentine sub search was likely 'explosion'
* Redskins beat Giants 20-10 in turkey of a Thanksgiving game

» Cinderella Chicago Football Team Heads to State, Aiming For Repeat
» Senior Republican Congressman Declines To Endorse Gov. Rauner
» AT&T Pushing 'Small Cells,' But Some Cities Object
» Third-Party Candidates Want Rules Eased To Get On Ballot
» Third Party Candidates Want Rules Eased To Get On Ballot
» How Chicago’s New Budget Could Affect You In 2018 — And Beyond
» How A Chicago Cop Sentenced To Prison Could Affect The Jason Van Dyke Trial
» Illinois Lawmaker's Plan To Combat Opioid Abuse With Cannabis
» Black Lives Matter Takes On Hunger With New Food Box
» State Week: Are Voters Thinking About 2018?

* Laura Campbell suspended from IDOT job for interviewing friend for job
* Counterpoint: Car buyers lose when government tells them what to buy
* Point: US automakers are swept up in a global electric-vehicle rush
* Eugene Robinson: Congress should investigate Trump's alleged sexual misconduct
* Thumbs Up: To local football teams going to state tournaments

* Geneva Weece Hall
* Bertha L. Presutti
* Belleville Thanksgiving 5K
* Belleville seeks to demolish 'dangerous' home

* Cheering Zimbabweans greet country's new leader Mnangagwa
* AP source: Flynn breaks with Trump team on Mueller probe
* Zimbabwe asks if new leader, a Mugabe ally, can bring change
* AP source: Flynn lawyers make a break with Trump team
* China reports breaking up gang that moved $3 billion abroad

* US lawmakers to Duterte: 'Sovereignty does...
* Letter: Why I support Lauren Underwood - N...
* Hultgren and Ruppersberger: Protect infras...
* Hultgren whishes McHenry County College a ...
* This RSS feed URL is deprecated
* Rep. Randy Hultgren congratulates McHenry ...
* 3 suburban GOP reps provide crucial votes ...
* Panel encourages women to consider careers...
* Congressman: Welcome change at top of cons...
* Geneva Chamber honors Gaines for 40 years ...

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated...

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated...

* Appeals court rules in Chicago's favor and against Jeff Sessions in sanctuary city lawsuit, and other news
* Can Chicago support more pro soccer? Does North Side want its own team?
* Refugee Families Celebrate First Thanksgiving At St Thomas Of Canterbury
* The Week In Chicago Rock
* What You Need To Know About The FCC's Plan To End Net Neutrality
* Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Holidays
* Thanksgiving – a holiday diminished?
* Watch Hanbun chef David Park turn a spicy, fermented condiment into dessert
* Restaurant Slated For Lawrence House Retail Space
* Thanksgiving in Chicago: best things to do

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* Motorola wants you to ‘up-upgrade’ to a Moto Z2 Play, poking fun at Samsung’s iPhone X parody
* Apple’s ‘one-day shopping event’ is on: gift cards galore for select iPhones and iPads
* Samsung Galaxy S9 could set new screen-to-body ratio record, at around 90 percent
* Revolut now has a million customers for its banking alternative
* iPhone X Launches in 13 More Countries
* Razer Phone’s camera deemed “a dealbreaker,” but it will get better
* The Pocketnow Black Friday 2017 deals watchlist

* Terrerobytes: Hall of Fame letter obscures Hall of Fame ballot
* Sox team with Chicago comedian vs. cancer
* MLB clears two offseason obstacles
* Black Friday sale: Take 25 percent off in Shop