Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Question of the day
Question of the day

Wednesday, Feb 7, 2018

* I was hanging out with a good friend the other day who told me about a recent conversation he’d had with a non-political friend. His pal was very impressed with Sen. Daniel Biss’ first TV ad (click here to watch it if you haven’t seen it). Why did he love the ad so much? The reason can be found in this scene…

The guy said that anybody with an ironing board right off the kitchen had to be a regular person.

* The Question: Where do you think the ironing board is in the homes of the other gubernatorial candidates? This question applies to both parties and you can guess the ironing board locations for as many or as few as you wish. Have fun.

1. - South of Sherman - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:07 pm:

Rauner — in the back of the trashcan van
    Pritzker — next door in the building with no toilets
    Kennedy — in the Merchandise Mart
    Bob Marshall — in one of the other three Illinoises

2. - Dr. M - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:09 pm:

Rauner’s ironing board is in Madigan’s office. He wears Carhartts or a leather vest because he can’t iron his shirts.

3. - TopHatMonocle - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:09 pm:

Pritzker’s is in the ironing board room of course. If you have trouble finding it, it’s right next to the gift wrapping room.

4. - Robert Montgomery - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:09 pm:

Rauner’s ironing board is not in his home(s), but at Fantasy Costumes in Chicago.

5. - Amalia - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:09 pm:

Raunter and Pritzker….in the maid’s quarters
    Kennedy - there is no ironing board

6. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:11 pm:

Rauner - in the servant’s condo
    Pritzker - In the dry cleaning quarters on the third floor of Condo #3
    Kennedy -Doesn’t iron his clothes

7. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:13 pm:

Rauner and Kennedy: Maid’s quarters.
    Pritzker: Butler’s wing.

8. - #UnionVoter - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:13 pm:

same place mine is at the dry cleaner .. who has an ironing board anymore?

9. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:13 pm:

===who has an ironing board anymore? ===

I do.

10. - Dr. M - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:14 pm:

Ives’ ironing board is stored in her basement-dungeon, next to Steve Bannon.

11. - dbk - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:15 pm:

Rauner - has nine, each in the basement quarters
    Pritzker - owns his own laundry or ten, off-site
    Kennedy - are we sure he owns an ironing board?

12. - Arsenal - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:15 pm:

Not a candidate, but since Madigan has been living rent-free in Rauner’s head for so long, I assume he keeps his ironing board there.

13. - JoanP - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:15 pm:

Rauner - I asked him, but he doesn’t know, ’cause he’s not in charge.

14. - A guy - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:16 pm:

Rauner- ask his attendant which Dry cleaner picks up his laundry.

Pritzker- A really big room

Biss- Back seat of his Prius.

Kennedy- Thought they quit selling them.

15. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:17 pm:

Ives… too easy… close to her white sheets.

Rauner… off the den, in a glass case showing off “ordinary people stuff”… not unlike an exhibit you’d find at his Dartmouth College Library.

Pritzker… the low hanging fruit, the lazy answer is by the toilets, but he’d be using the ironing board, so my guess would be if you went into a 24’ x 36’ “walk in closet”, you’d find a 12’x 14’ room with a ironing board, lit by a $46,000 chandelier with an iron plated in gold, and a handle with fine Corinthian leather.

Kennedy… Kennedy is a strange duck. Ironically, his ironing board is found in his garage near his bicycle, because, and I really want to get this quote right… “You even know how sweet $&@ an ironing board is for a ramp to jump stuff? It’s B$&@in”

16. - Hank - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:18 pm:

Marshall: Divided it between 3 or 4 rooms

Hardiman: Doesn’t need one for all his silky shirts

Daiber: Gained sentience, doesn’t know who Daiber is

Pritzker: Hidden away in attempt to get property tax break somehow

Rauner: Somewhere in the wing of the house which is just Carhatts now

Ives: Held in another room until a shirt proves there’s a verifiable need to be ironed.

Kennedy: “I didn’t have an ironing board growing up.” (Leaves debate)

17. - JoanP - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:18 pm:

“who has an ironing board anymore? ”

18. - Keyrock - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:18 pm:

Pritzker — Cayman Islands.
    Rauner - at the YMCA (where he keeps his costumes).

19. - Arsenal - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:18 pm:

==Ives… too easy… close to her white sheets.==

Shut down reader comments, we’re done here.

20. - Aaron DeGroot - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:21 pm:

Pritzker - One of the toilet-less bathrooms

21. - Iron-ee - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:23 pm:

===who has an ironing board anymore? ===

Everyone in the military.

22. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:25 pm:

Ironing board, use it, major house staple.

23. - City Zen - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:25 pm:

Ironing boards fold rather nicely into tight closet spaces.

The only reason you’d still have an iron out like this is if it’s still hot. If the iron is still hot, what is it doing at the bottom of the stairs?

24. - Anon221 - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:25 pm:

Biss- Where it shouldn’t be- at the bottom of the stairs. Come on man, move it so the kids don’t trip :)

25. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:29 pm:

All I’m saying is… you get a decent looking tarp, you magically create one heck of a moving bar.

Get an ice bucket, couple napkins up top, cooler hidden behind the tarp, under the board…

I’ve heard of this, that’s all I’m saying…

26. - pto - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:31 pm:

Not to be “one-upped,” Rauner will be eager to show off his ironin’ board situated smack dab in the middle of the kitchen.

27. - NIU Grad - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:33 pm:

Robert Marshall: Located within the future “Illinois 2″ scribbled onto his highway map

28. - Henry Francis - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:36 pm:

I am calling shenanigans on the ironing board placement. I don’t see an outlet on the wall where you could plug in the iron. And who would put it at the bottom of flight of stairs.

Rauner has has ironing board on the back porch of the mansion. That’s what Kip was doing over there, bringing the Guv his laundered money.

29. - Keyrock - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:40 pm:

Kennedy kept his at the Apparel Mart. He didn’t take it with him when he left.

30. - James - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:43 pm:

Rauner: The Ironing Board is in his pocket, right next to the IL Labor Relations Board

31. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:44 pm:

=== I’m one of those odd people who actually likes to iron===

Mainly, I just pile unmatched socks on mine until I find matches. lol

32. - Skeptic - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:44 pm:

Rauner has one, but Madigan won’t let him use it.

33. - Ironing board - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:44 pm:

I had to iron my shirt today. Back in the 70s when Polyester was in style… I would have saved time. Cotton shirts are horrible.

34. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:45 pm:

Slip and Sue… has her ironing board hanging from a door… so as the legs are not needed… and no tripping occurs…

35. - Ole' Nelson - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:45 pm:

More impprtantly, did he say teachin’? Isn’t one “g” dropping phony enough in this state?

36. - Cheryl44 - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:46 pm:

I’m in agreement with everyone who thinks that ironing board is in a strange place. Maybe it was moved to make room for the cameras.

37. - City Zen - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:48 pm:

“Dad? Do we have to watch the Flintstones again?”

38. - Pritzker's Toilet - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:49 pm:

—I’m with Rich on this. I do. I’m one of those odd people who actually likes to iron. I find it very meditative, with a little classical music playing, and you get the lovely aroma of freshly ironed clothes/linens.

If I had the space for it, I’d get a rotary steam iron, and iron my bed and table linens, too. We had one when I was a kid, and I miss it. —

I have shirts waiting for me to Iron them - can I stop by and drop them off at your place?

39. - Alternative Logic - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:52 pm:

Oh man, having a commercial rowenta iron and brabantia ironing table is a class thing now?

What if you just iron a lot?!? Life is too short for a janky ironing kit.

Besides, I always imagined rich folks having a dedicated laundry servant or something.

40. - Jocko - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 4:59 pm:

- Ives is in the laundry room, to be used on garments clearly labeled as such and nothing else.
    -Rauner’s ironing board is the den, the straightest thing in his possession.
    -JB saved himself the trouble and installed a dry cleaners on site.

41. - cm - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:07 pm:

JB probably has his ironing board in the kitchen too, since it’s the least offensive place.

42. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:12 pm:

Rauner - in the prop warehouse

Ives - buried in the closet

Kennedy - lost in the attic

JB - in the Butler’s Pantry of course.

Q

43. - 47th Ward - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:16 pm:

Ironing board? Other than Biss and maybe Ives, the rest simply buy new clothes to replace the wrinkled ones.

44. - Red fish blue fish - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:16 pm:

Contrary to popular belief, JB Pritzker irons his own clothes. Specifically, he uses three ironing boards to iron a single shirt.

Kennedy’s ironing board is next to his dual washer/dryer unit. Surprisingly conventional.

And when finished ironing, Dan Biss likes to put his ironing board back in a discrete broom closet– right next to his Harvard diploma.

45. - Precinct Captain - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:22 pm:

I have a small ironing board as well as an iron that I keep in my car. I don’t own a full-size ironing board, but I imagine in the homes of Kennedy, Pritzker, and Rauner it’d be somewhere where the maid can get to it. A storage closet?

46. - Arthur Andersen - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:22 pm:

I have an ironing board and use it regularly. Those shirts that need to go to the laundry have to sit somewhere.

47. - Rutro - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:32 pm:

48. - Wensicia - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:33 pm:

Rauner: Diana, where’s our ironing board?

Mrs Rauner: What’s an ironing board?

49. - Michelle Flaherty - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:33 pm:

Doesn’t Kennedy keep his in the elevator?

50. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:33 pm:

- Rutro -

===That ironing board is no where near an outlet and at the bottom of the stairs. Politico calls that ironing board pants on fire.===

Pfft.

Haven’t you seen a solar powered iron before?

51. - Responsa - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:34 pm:

We always leave our iron and ironing board up 24/7/365 in the guest room. And then when we actually have guests I always say, “We have the ironing board up for you in case you needed it after the long trip and everything being scrunched in the suitcase.”

They invariably say, “That’s so thoughtful. Thank you very much.”

52. - Truckin' On - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:37 pm:

Rauner: doesn’t own one. costumes don’t require ironing.
    Pritzker: uses dry cleaning service
    Ives: ready to swing at someone
    Kennedy: laundry room wall mounted
    Daiber: garage

53. - Stephanie - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:41 pm:

Like Daniel Biss, my kitchen bar stools also don’t match! I didnt notice the ironing board, but yes! So relatable!

54. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 5:57 pm:

We have two Ironing boards. They are both very old and we use them. Also, we will not vote for Biss.

Ironing board people united against Biss.

55. - Christopher - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 6:02 pm:

New campaign slogan: Vote for Biss, he’ll “iron” things out in Illinois.

56. - Illinoise - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 6:04 pm:

Pritzker: wherever the Speaker asks him to put it.

57. - Snapper - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 6:40 pm:

Very interesting push. Just noticed that JB had a Snapchat anti Biss ad. The man is everywhere with advertising these days. So I’m going to say JB doesn’t have an ironing board. He has an app for that.

58. - Steve - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 6:52 pm:

JB= at the cleaners…

59. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 6:55 pm:

Ow hands down your the winner with Ives and the white sheets

60. - OurMagician - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 7:20 pm:

Rauner-Wisconsin, Indiana, or Missouri, oops not Missouri. Pay no attention to Missouri.
    Kennedy-did not respond to question, just like almost all the other issues during the campaign
    Ives-had one but the illegal Mexican transgender teacher formerly pregnant person took it thanks to SBIronBill1
    Pritzker-did not try and donate money to be appointed to any Ironing Board in the state. Blames Bruce Rauner for trying to expose this fact.

61. - Streator Curmudgeon - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 7:55 pm:

Pritzker: At some Hyatt hotel that does his laundry.
    Rauner: Only wears no-iron costumes.
    Biss: Has casters on the bottom to move into camera range for TV commercials.
    Ives: Doesn’t have one. Irons all her clothes on the right wing of a Piper Cub.

62. - Sigh - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 8:02 pm:

I use my ironing board almost every day - it’s next to the closet.

But to the video: Did anyone notice the “purple Biss” box is nice positioned so it’s not obvious that the iron isn’t plugged in?

Since they iron, the next important question is does Biss steam iron or is he a spray starch kind of guy? If he is a steam iron, does he use bottled water or tap water? These are important questions bc of lime buildup from hard water.

And I guess I need some ironing pointers from Biss bc I have to iron with my board away from the wall, so I can rotate my shirts :-)

63. - My New Handle - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 8:18 pm:

Ironing Board? Salaried or per diem? I thought Patty Shuh did his press work?

64. - downstate commissioner - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 8:36 pm:

When I started buying my own clothes, I brought home a couple of shirts-my mom promptly told me NEVER to buy no-iron shirts again.. I haven’t. The modern cotton shirts don’t seem to wrinkle like they used to.
    To the post-Rauner uses his is jack his motorcycle up, Kennedy sleeps on his,, Ives, as was mentioned above, uses hers to iron white sheets, Pritzker covers his money with his, and Biss’ is normally stacked with clothes to go upstairs…

65. - Quizzical - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 8:47 pm:

Rauner — I had an ironing board but Mike Madigan stole it

66. - SSL - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 8:50 pm:

That’s actually JB’s ironing board in the commercial. Biss stole it from him along with the election.

67. - Blue dog dem - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 10:06 pm:

Biss really doesnt use an iron. Ya’ know green and all. He hamgs his clothes in the shower. But did ya ever notice his white shirts never come clean? Yup recycled grey water

68. - Anon - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 10:41 pm:

Biss - ironing board next to whatever “middle class” prop is necessary.

As an aside, please ignore the fact that his actual kids don’t make an appearence in the ad with his “genuine” ironing boArd

69. - Lynn S. - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 11:02 pm:

Regarding the commercial: am I the only one who noticed that the table has a purple tablecloth and the little girl wears a purple nightgown and coat?

And wasn’t Biss a college mathematics professor? Admittedly, a teacher, but not quite the same as someone teaching in a public school in a low-income district…

70. - Friendoftheprogram - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 11:05 pm:

Ironing boards don’t make you middle class but I like the idea of trying to say that well to do Evanston candidate is = to average Illinoisian. You may not be a billionaire but you surely are not middle class..

71. - Lynn S. - Wednesday, Feb 7, 18 @ 11:06 pm:

Regarding Rich’s QOTD: Willie won it, pretty quickly, so all I’ll say is that ironing is on the list of household chores I enjoy, and someday I’ll treat myself to a Rowenta iron.

I have an ironing board, but it’s covered in clothes that need to be folded and put away.

72. - Well... - Thursday, Feb 8, 18 @ 8:27 am:

Even “regular people” wouldn’t block the stairs with an ironing board.

73. - hisgirlfriday - Thursday, Feb 8, 18 @ 8:36 am:

What got me with the ad was the exterior shot of the house and how little it is. That’s what sells Biss as a middle class dude IMO.

Houses like that were why I moved back Downstate where I could feel prosperous in a middle class lifestyle instead of cramped and struggling.

74. - Ron Burgundy - Thursday, Feb 8, 18 @ 8:57 am:

JB promises he will contact the Chairman of the Ironing Board and get to the bottom of where it is.

75. - Jake From Elwood - Thursday, Feb 8, 18 @ 9:49 am:

Pritzker’s next ad will feature a washboard and a tinderbox

TrackBack URI

* Uihlein says Ives "proved that people are hungry for change"
* If you thought Dorothy Brown's office was a mess before...
* It's just a bill
* Will Pritzker stiff the Tribune editorial board?
* Budget optimism abounds
* Beware the hot mic
* IRS to state tax work-arounds: No
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Catholic Conference, other pro-life groups issue budget vote warning
* Shouting into the wind
* The debate over debates begins
* Stop Illinois Big Coal Bailouts
* Cassidy says LIG process "riddled with trap doors, blind alleys and loopholes"
* *** LIVE *** Session coverage

* Illinois House considers using marijuana to fig.....
* Uihlein says Ives “proved that people are hungr.....
* Illinois House panel OKs marijuana to fight opi.....
* Illinois House panel OKs marijuana to fight opi.....
* Illinois House panel OKs marijuana to fight opi.....
* Illinois House considers using marijuana to fig.....
* Illinois House Considers Using Marijuana to Fig.....
* Illinois House considers using marijuana to fig.....
* Illinois House considers using marijuana to fig.....
* Illinois House considers using marijuana to fig.....

* US Foods to expand Louisiana distribution facility
* Illinois House considers using marijuana to fight opioids
* Judge who took part in storied undercover Chicago probe dies
* Woman killed by Gurnee police linked to earlier incident
* Lawmaker charging retaliation wants complaint system changes
* Report says pilot possibly disoriented before Illinois crash
* Census: Chicago's population drops third year in a row
* Condemned killer blames attack on 'homosexual panic'
* The Latest: Board hears mercy request from condemned killer
* Chicago suspect in shooting of ATF agent pleads not guilty

* Illinois House considers using marijuana to fight opioids
* Lawmaker charging retaliation wants complaint system changes
* Under the Dome Podcast: Cassidy vs. Madigan. Guns. Death Penalty.
* Lawmakers debate non-death penalty parts of Rauner's safety rewrite
* Bernard Schoenburg: Butler seeks to help caucus with $$, joins gun group
* Two anti-sex harassment bills go to Rauner's desk
* Illinois governor gets bill legalizing industrial hemp
* Rauner's gun veto not all or nothing, aide says
* Illinois Senate panel endorses wage-equity plan
* Judge: IDOC must comply with prison mental health plan

* Feds probing whether traders manipulating crypto prices
* U of C settles retirement plan lawsuit for $6.5 million
* Show us your office!
* A low-tech way to help ex-offenders rejoin society
* Steve Dolinsky wants you to know Chicago is a great pizza town

* Businesses evacuated after Aurora freight train derailment
* New Bears coaching staff plans to expand Tarik Cohen’s role — if he can block
* Don’t lock up teens for car theft if it’s unclear they knew the car was stolen
* Obesity linked to these 12 types of cancers: report
* Mom charged with kidnapping daughter shoved stroller at cop, ran: prosecutors
* Developer for South Works site ends contract
* NAACP official asks Rauner’s environmental agency to help black communities
* Take a breath and learn, college grads, before you go out and change the world
* Welington Castillo is first active Cubs or White Sox player suspended for PEDs
* Talking Points: Five things learned from five Bears offensive assistant coaches

* Freight train derailment reported in Aurora
* Harvey Weinstein set to turn himself in on sex crime charges in New York
* Irish developer walks away from plan to build 20,000 homes on South Works site
* Jack Johnson — pardoned by Trump — fought hard against racism
* Morgan Freeman apologizes in wake of harassment accusations
* Let's hear it for Memorial Day weekend at the beach. Oh, but the litter ...
* EPA deal marks dramatic shift away from dirty coal power in Chicago area
* Trump's 'animal' comments were loathsomely loaded and coded
* CTA manager resigns after nude photos found on his computer
* Switch to relief pitching paves the way for the Cubs' Justin Hancock to reach the major leagues

» Healthcare Worker Violence Prevention Act; Immigrants in Champaign County; Taking a Knee in the NFL
» What Is Your Relationship With Your Doctor Worth To You?
» Illinois Could Get More Nurses Trained To Help Sexual Assault Survivors
» May 23, 2018 - Full Show
» Gun Restraining Order Bill Passes IL House, Latest in String of Gun Legislation
» Gun Restraining Order Bill Passes Illinois House, Latest in String of Gun Legislation
» Mr. Beef’s Chris Zucchero Helps Chicago Celebrate Italian Beef Week
» NW Indiana Cop Has A History Of Confrontations At Bar
» Update on Illinois Men Accused of Bombing; Evictions in Decatur; Illinois Politics Update
» Madigan Calls For Investigation After Accusations Of Retaliation

* Illinois House considers using marijuana to fight opioids
* Lawmaker charging retaliation wants complaint system changes
* Under the Dome Podcast: Cassidy vs. Madigan. Guns. Death Penalty.
* Lawmakers debate non-death penalty parts of Rauner's safety rewrite
* Bernard Schoenburg: Butler seeks to help caucus with $$, joins gun group
* Our View: SIU drama can't lead to more bureaucracy
* Our View: Deterrence program carries great potential
* Two anti-sex harassment bills go to Rauner's desk
* Illinois governor gets bill legalizing industrial hemp
* Rauner's gun veto not all or nothing, aide says

* Where in the world? National Geographic Bee contestant Kavya Kalathur can likely tell you
* Road rage? Gas prices way up ahead of holiday travel
* Lesson learned: Hudson man gets his 'Big Boy' back
* Troopers, hot weather in store for holiday weekend
* New Athens man charged with domestic battery hit his dad, spit on his mom, police say
* New census numbers show which Southern Illinois communities are shrinking
* Southern Illinois man acted out diaper fetish with 12-year-old girl, prosecutors say
* Just released: What do census numbers show about Decatur's population total? Let's look at the data.
* Big Story: Off Limits goes underground
* Man in critical condition after skydiving accident

* Freight cars derail in Aurora; no injuries reported
* Grant aims to help teens get back on track
* Des Plaines resident Brian Chan overcomes health issues to graduate from Oakton
* 'Invader' helping clean city's beaches
* White Sox catcher Castillo apologizes for failed drug test

* McDonald's workers allege widespread sexua...
* US Democrats urge Netanyahu to halt demoli...
* The Glen receives EPA award recognizing si...
* 'It's a f---ing circus': Experts are floor...
* This RSS feed URL is deprecated
* Political rally in St. Charles for Underwo...
* Underwood rally draws more than 300 suppor...
* Hultgren talks gun control after St. Charl...
* Letter: Hultgren isn't good for the enviro...
* EDITORIAL: Sign your names, GOP Congressme...

* Companies Urged To Extend GDPR Privacy Sta......
* Luetkemeyer, Wagner attend Trump signing o......
* For prisons, let First Step Act be just that...
* Senators Push Companies to Adopt EU Data P......
* Column One: Heeding Democratic warnings...

* Luetkemeyer, Wagner attend Trump signing o......
* Duckworth on Trump axing N. Korea summit: ......
* Harris, Feinstein, Colleagues Call on Sess......
* Santa Fe Victim's Mother Speaks Out For Gu......
* Roy Blunt is right on harassment bill: Tax......

* Rockeller Chapel presses its majestic carillon into service for a two-day festival of new music
* Sunday, bloody Sunday.
* Chicago is becoming a bourgeois town. Spread the news all around.
* Property Tax Assessment Help Available (Including Today!)
* EXTRA: Castillo first Chicago ballplayer suspended for steroid usage
* The [Thursday] Papers
* #Deadpool2
* Greg Hinz: Chicago population drops for third year in a row
* Instagrammer & Foodie Expert Taste of Koko Shares '13 Best Chicago Restaurants You Have to Eat At'
* Chicago session sold out, but June 22 LAP volunteer training session in Carbondale still has openings

* IEMA Releases New Broadcast Campaign Focusing on Functional Needs Emergency Preparedness
* Rend Lake Water Conservancy District Water Main Break
* Statement from Gov. Rauner
* IEMA Highlights Emergency Preparedness for People with Access and Functional Needs in May
* IEMA Highlights Role of Volunteers in Disasters

* Mattress company Emma is fastest-growing startup in Europe
* Huawei's bootloader unlock service is being shut down
* Teaser video shows off the BlackBerry KEY2’s refreshed looks and mysterious button
* How AI and robots are about to augment and accelerate human beings
* YouTube brings its messaging feature to the web
* Alexa, shut up: Amazon tries to stifle spontaneous laughter
* Trump abolished the Cybersecurity Coordinator position. Maybe he’ll build a huge (fire) wall

* Farquhar expected to throw out 1st pitch June 1