Former Gov. Pat Quinn, who is running for Illinois attorney general in the Dem primary, thinks powerful House Speaker Mike Madigan should step down as the state’s Dem party chairman!
“He [Madigan] has been there for 20 years and I don’t think Senate President John Cullerton, who is a Dem committeeman, should be part of the party apparatus either,” he told Sneed. (The story was first reported by WBBM Radio’s Craig Dellimore.)
“I think the political apparatus should be separate from their public jobs,” Quinn added. “They have demanding positions. They should stick to their public responsibilities and let somebody else do the party politics.”
* Fight Or Flight — Attorney General Candidates On Impasse Politics: How would contenders for the state’s top legal office have handled the budget stalemate?
* Lisa Madigan gets good reviews at Democrats’ AG debate — mostly: Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan got mostly favorable reviews from the eight Democrats running to replace her as they gathered Sunday for a debate co-hosted by the Chicago Sun-Times. But some of the candidates who gathered at Cards Against Humanity for the livestreamed event also said Madigan should have been more aggressive when it comes to investigating public corruption.
* Tom Kacich: [Gary Grasso] is running radio commercials that say Harold “has not even tried a single case” since her 2007 graduation from Harvard Law School, and that call her “unproven, untested, liberal Miss Erika Harold.” Harold campaign manager Jason Heffley said that “Erika has tried a case (in Champaign County) and Gary knows it.”
* Daily Herald: Sharon Fairley for attorney general in Democratic primary
* CS-T endorsement: Sharon Fairley for attorney general in Democratic primary
* CS-T endorsement: Erika Harold for attorney general in the Republican primary
* Daily Herald: Erika Harold for attorney general in the Republican primary
* Jim Dey: Harold faces long campaign trail in run for AG