* Gov. Pritzker at today’s briefing…
Today we’re reporting 2,994 new cases for a state total of 61,499, which includes many individuals who have already recovered. 97 of our 102 counties have known cases of COVID-19.
19,417 new tests were reported over the last 24 hours. That’s our highest number of tests ever performed in a single day.
And I’m deeply saddened to report that 63 lives were lost in the last 24 hours to COVID-19, for a total of 2618 fatalities in Illinois since the beginning of this pandemic. May their memories be for a blessing.
In terms of the number of COVID-19 patients and assumed COVID-19 patients in the hospital in any condition, whether mild or serious., as of midnight last night that number was 4701, of those 1232 are in the ICU and 759 of those ICU patients are on ventilators.
I’ll post the press release when it’s available.
…Adding… Press release…
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 2,994 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 63 additional deaths.
- Cook County: 2 males 40s, 3 females 50s, 3 males 50s, 4 females 60s, 7 males 60s, 1 female 70s, 9 males 70s, 5 females 80s, 5 males 80s, 4 females 90s, 4 males 90s
- DuPage County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Jefferson County: 1 male 80s
- Kane County: 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 70s
- Madison County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 90s
- Monroe County: 1 female 90s
- Will County: 1 female 70s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 2 females 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 61,499 cases, including 2,618 deaths, in 97 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have processed 19,417 specimens for a total of 319,313.