Rod Blagojevich’s pre-prison statement
Wednesday, Mar 14, 2012
* You can watch the former governor by clicking here.
* He still can’t admit that he did wrong. He still says he believes he “always” did right by the people. Such bunk.
* This is turning into yet another campaign speech. He’s talking about all of his alleged accomplishments in office. All Kids, free rides for seniors, no income tax increase.
* I can’t help but wonder if those people chanting “Free our governor!” were paid to be there.
* Dismisses his crimes as mere “political horse trading.”
* “I’ve been putting off the thought of what that’s going to be like,” he said about his future prison life. Typical Blagojevichian denial.
* OK, that was weird. Somebody tried to drape Rod and Patti in an American flag. “Please take that thing off,” Patti said.
* It’s very difficult to admit this because I don’t consider myself a hard, or unfeeling man. But I found myself actually sneering while Blagojevich’s voice started to crack as he talked about his family.
* “The truth ultimately will prevail,” he said, saying he was confident in his appeals. He was also confident he would be exonerated.
* OK, that’s all I can take. If you want to watch the follow-up interviews, feel free to comment about them below. My stomach turned and I need to walk away from this for the rest of the night.