DuPage’s Explanation - Tinfoil Hatters - Afternoon Primary Reports
Tuesday, Mar 20, 2012
* I asked Dan Curry, an old buddy who does PR for the DuPage County Election Commission, to explain what happened with their primary ballots. As you already know, the ballots were cut just a little too big and they won’t fit into the counting machines. This is a problem in at least 24 counties, according to the Board of Elections…
* Anyway, according to Curry, the company DuPage uses is called ABS Graphics.
The county has used the printer for “23 elections straight” and it has “printed 15 million ballots without problems,” Curry said. The firm, Curry said, was selected because of its “close proximity, high security, high capacity and backup capabilities.”
When the problem was spotted, “ballots were reprinted and replaced within a couple of hours,” Curry claimed, adding, “As with all elections, a post-election day review will be done of all procedures and problems to make sure they don’t happen again.”
* Meanwhile, some tinfoil hat types noticed something sinister on ABC7’s website last night. From the Ron Paul Revolution website…
The blogger posted a screenshot on the site as well.
* And then somebody else posted video “proof” that ABC7 had already called the election in a video entitled “BREAKING: ELECTION FRAUD? Why Did ABC-TV Post Illinois GOP Primary Results 24 Hours Early?!”…
* Eventually, the station issued an explanation via Twitter…
The AP typically sends out test results the day before an election and news sites post them to see if their systems are working. No need to be alarmed.
* OK, let’s get back to the afternoon discussion. What’s going on out there? Details, please.
* Announcement: We’ll have live news video starting at 4:30 this afternoon.