* He’s still trailing Sen. Frerichs in cash on hand by at least two to one, but this was a pretty good quarter for Tom Cross. From a press release…
Illinois State Representative and Republican candidate for Illinois State Treasurer Tom Cross announced that his campaign raised over $555,000 in the second quarter, significantly more than any past fundraising performance by his opponent, Democrat Mike Frerichs.
“The overwhelming support and investment in our efforts to balance the budget, hold the line on taxes, and crack down on fraud and corruption is energizing Illinois voters,” said Cross. “The simple truth is that our campaign has strong momentum and great energy heading into the final four months.”
Since entering the race last September:
· 2,201 donors have contributed to Cross for Treasurer
· 65 Illinois counties have donors that have contributed to Cross for Treasurer
· $121,658 has been raised online for Cross for Treasurer
Cross will also file with over $500,000 cash-on-hand. Looking forward, the Cross campaign has 41 finance events scheduled for the third quarter.
In addition to the strong fundraising infrastructure and performance, Cross has led Frerichs in every public poll conducted on the general election contest. Most recently, a June 17th Reboot/We Ask America poll had Cross leading Frerichs 42-35.
Frerichs has reported about a quarter million dollars raised via his A-1 reports.
* Meanwhile, an unfortunate tweet…
That doesn’t look much like a “great event.”