[Bumped up for visibility.]
* Rahm Emanuel is right on the cusp of avoiding a runoff, according to the Tribune’s pollster…
Miguel del Valle was at 8 percent and the two others polled at 1 percent each.
* From the story…
(T)he poll showed Braun’s support among black voters cut nearly in half since last month — from 39 percent to 20 percent. […]
At the same time, twice as many voters — 44 percent to 22 percent — now view Braun unfavorably than favorably. Three weeks ago, 39 percent liked Braun, compared with 30 percent who disliked her. Among African-Americans, her unfavorability tally jumped to 30 percent from 11 percent. […]
While Emanuel’s favorability rating of 59 percent remained unchanged from a month ago, his unfavorability rose slightly to 16 percent from 13 percent following Chico’s commercials about Emanuel’s tax plan, which Chico has dubbed the “Rahm Tax.” […]
When asked which candidate would pay most attention to neighborhoods they live in, 37 percent said Emanuel, 19 percent said Chico, 11 percent said Braun and 10 percent said del Valle, who has pushed a similar pro-neighborhoods message.
Chico better go hard, hard negative if he wants to make it into a runoff.
* Braun, Chico blister Rahm at debate: Chico said he was “scared for my children” as they traveled back and fourth to pubic schools, but, he said, “Growing up in our city in the Back of the Yards and living with the threat of violence even in my own neighborhood stays with you. There are people like Mr. Emanuel, who grew up in the wealthy North Shore and probably never experienced that.”
* Live blog of FOX-32 Chicago mayor’s race forum
* Mayoral candidates jostle at forum - Rivals press to force Emanuel into a runoff
* Video: Mayoral Candidates Face Off in Live One-Hour Forum on FOX Chicago
* A bone to pick with Rahm
* Down in the polls, Braun attacks Emanuel’s investment banking job
* Dispatches from the spin room: post-FOX-32 Chicago mayor’s forum
* Emanuel faces ire from some unions, other groups
* Payday lenders concentrated in minority communities
* Next mayor must vow to uphold Shakman
* Daley to turn Taste of Chicago over to park district
* CS-T editorial: The cost of a free Taste — music festivals taking a hit
* Labor Tops Giving to Chicago Council Candidates
* Anything Wrong With This Picture? “Correct me if I am wrong, but I did not think that city employees could use city owned property, i.e. a Streets & San truck, in campaign literature?
* VIDEO: Young politicians take on Chicago
* A product of the old school, candidate vows independence in the 29th Ward
* Crowded field battles in 45th Ward
* City requires show shoveling
* Carbondale City Council candidates meet voters (VIDEOS)