LIVE session coverage...
Cross reelected, Radogno up tonight

Wednesday, Nov 28, 2012

* From Amanda Vinicky’s Twitter feed

Nobody else was nominated. But that won’t be the case tonight, when the Senate Republicans meet…

In the wake of a dismal showing by the GOP on Nov. 6, state Sen. Kyle McCarter, R-Lebanon, said he’s trying to round up the 10 votes needed to beat current Senate Minority Leader Christine Radogno.

But

State Sen. Bill Brady, R-Bloomington, said he believes Radogno has the inside track to win a third term as minority leader when the caucus meets for its traditional dinner at a private country club west of the Illinois Statehouse on Wednesday evening.

And

Radogno said much of the blame for the Republican losses lies with the new legislative boundaries that were drawn by Democrats.

“I don’t think we have a unique circumstance right here. The question is what is the difference and how would we lead differently,” Radogno said. “This was a really bad year for Republicans. I think that Republicans in general need to do some good introspection into what’s working, what’s not working.”

* Once again, it wasn’t just the new map. Here are the 2010 gubernatorial results matched with the five newly drawn Senate districts that the Democrats picked up this year. Winner is bolded…

* 23rd (Cullerton) - 39.59 (Quinn), 51.92 (Brady)

* 31st (Bush) - 38.99 (Quinn), 51.72 (Brady)

* 34th (Stadelman) - 38.71 (Quinn), 52.38 (Brady)

* 48th (Manar) - 38.59 (Quinn), 53.58 (Brady)

* 49th (Bertino-Tarrant) - 40.77 (Quinn), 50.63 (Brady)

These seats all clearly leaned Republican in 2010. They are swing seats. 2012 was a bad Republican year, among other things. But it wasn’t just the map.

The trouble is, just one of those seats - Andy Manar’s 48th - is up for grabs in two years during the next presidential midterm election, when Republicans tend to do better and when Pat Quinn will be on the November ballot again (assuming he survives the primary).

1. - Norseman - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:18 am:

Willy, hold your breath and count to 10. You knew it would happen.

2. - Norseman - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:20 am:

You might also try chanting, “serenity now.”

3. - Oh Yeah - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:22 am:

The Senate Republicans meeting to elect their next leader at a “private country club outside Springfield”? What a surprise.

4. - zatoichi - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:29 am:

The Coney Island must have been booked.

5. - Skeeter - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:31 am:

The GOP really needs to acknowledge that they have much deeper problems.

The national party is not doing them any favors.

Still, the Cook County and Chicago operations are really killing them.

The Cook County GOP and the Chicago GOP should be voices of social moderation and fiscal responsibility. If that was the case, they could pull a decent number of votes. A socially moderate Republican would even have a chance in Lincoln Park and Lakeview.

I would jump to the GOP in a second if it was just based on fiscal issues. But as a white married male, I know doing so would alienate so many of my friends, and frankly they have a point.

For now, I’m on the sidelines because I’m tired of the fiscal irresponsibility of Dems but I’m also not voting for Republicans who think my friends are second class.

6. - boat captain - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:31 am:

The redistrict map had some to do with it but what the repubs cannot seem to understand or get is the leaders are out of touch with what is going on with the electorate. They have already been down this path with this leadership and it got them nothing. And if they elect the same leaders the repub legislators are out of touch with what people are thinking and are interested in. I know better than that and I would like to think that they are a lot smarter politically than I am. But so far they have done nothing to prove that.

7. - reformer - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:36 am:

After a decade as Minority Leader, Cross has a smaller caucus than he started with. His re-election must please the Speaker.

8. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:40 am:

Dear Goodness Gracious!

Irrelevent Leader Tom Cross (47-Medinah Country Club), gete re-elected and not one of the spine-less Mushrooms says they can do better … or even blinks an eye?

This is the most pathetic excuse of a Caucus in recent memory. Do any of you realize Tom Cross LED you to be completely irrelevency for 2 years? Not only do the Dems have a Quorum, you as a Caucus are irrelevent come “Super-Majority Needed” time. You 46 do understand that, right?

And yet, like the Lemmings that you are, the 46 of you refuse to find anyone politically savy enough to take out Tom Cross? Maybe that is for the best, because if you Mushrooms can’t take out Cross, you KNOW you can’t even compete with Speaker Madigan.

Lobbyist should shut you ALL out. Lobbyists should dry up the Money Well, they should look to the Democratic Caucus to get their 60 votes and the Speaker’s Nod for their bills and be “done with you all”.

What changes are going to happen in this “new”-old Leadership? Are the same political campaign leaders going to get you guys below 44 seats? Forty seats? How low is “bad enough”?

The 46 of you have faith in the “Fire Madigan”, no GOTV, Cookie-Cutter recruiting, political aparatus Tom Cross runs … while Tom Cross Golfs on what has turned out to be the most important election day ever? That is what you told us GOP voters.

People are snickering at you, as a Caucus. You, as a Caucus choose to be Irrelevent in the actions of keeping Tom Cross. For me, this is Pure Gold!

Let’s see if Tom Cross’ Crew can get rid of another Rosemary Mulligan, then lose the seat to “their” candidate. Let’s watch that Crack Political arm send releases about Derrick Smith being indicted for a Nursing Home, uh, a Dog Kennel, uh, … a Child Care… Day Care? That is what you voted on yesterday. Grossly inept.

Congratulations!

As for “Jo Galloway”, the Irrelevent Leader Christine Radogno, how you can be seen as a strong leader after playing that gender card to save your hide, then NOT playing the gender card? Playing the Gender card reeks of a leader fresh out of ideas.

Jo Galloway, from “A Few Good Men” was a lawyer, described as “All passion, no street smarts”, who never understood the difference between “paper law” and “trial law” and was told she must have “been sick the day they taught Law at Law School.” Jo was inept. She was a nice enough lawyer, but so far over her head, Jo Galloway had to recite her resume to be taken seriously, or as Jo Galloway said, “I want you to think I’m a good lawyer.”

Well, Irrelevent Leader Radogno, you are NOT a good Caucus Leader. You got Veto-Proofed, as I thought would happen as early as State Fair, and I am a Dope! How I can see that, and you led others down to 19 members boggles the mind! You are that “Jo Galloway”. Like Galloway, it needs to be pointed out, even though its too late now, but think about your Caucus’ tomorrow.

Rich pointed out your hill is even MORE (if that is even possible given how bad this election was for your political aparatus) difficult with what seats are up in 2 years. Think about how your Political aparatus failed all the incumbents, and all the other “in-play” seats.

It wasn’t the Map. Get over that. Every time you point to it, the “crutch gets weaker.

The more you want to say that, the more “Jo Galloway” you become. You must have missed the day they taught ‘campaigns’ in ‘campaign school’. Sad.

Keep this in mid as you get ready for tonight; Most places in springfield require a minimum of 20 to reserve a room, so I would “say” twenty, just to make sure you have a place to go.

Part of me wants you to win, Senator Radogno. That way, both you and Cross will share in this wonderful, “Fire Madigan” irrelevency.

Good Luck!

9. - LincolnLounger - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:41 am:

So whos is the alternative? Someone who shouts and nearly gets into fisticuffs on the Senate floor? Someone with a background of Oral Roberts University who wants to call himself a conservative but pry into everybody’s bedroom? Someone who proudly has barely a passing awareness of the population center of the state? Someone who will reinforce the angry white male obstructionist stereotype of the Party at every turn? Someone who is among the most despised by his fellow members?

I’m not saying Radogno is the answer, but I know who most certainly is NOT.

10. - Snucka - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:46 am:

11. - amalia - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:48 am:

Go ahead on Sen. McCarter. make my day.

12. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:49 am:

- Norseman -,

If those 64 Lemmings want to be led, again, through this irrelevency with Cross and Radogno, that is their choice, I guess.

If the Lobbyists and Donors think backing Cross and Radogno, then they should just burn their checks in the fireplaces.

Don’t worry SGOP and HGOP politicos, those checks to you will keep on coming. We can be irrelevent and STILL get paid.

Now it’s only 12 Foursomes for Cross to worry about (Sometimes talking in ‘Golf’ helps), and “20″ for Radogno, (You can’t tell Bakers’ Square 19, you will never get a room reserved!) to worry about till petition time. maybe smaller numbers to watch will help?

13. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:53 am:

===I’m not saying Radogno is the answer,===

That is ALL I am saying. Maybe one of the “Guv Wanna-Be”s can see taking the Caucus on is far better in the long run than rolling the dice in a Primary for Governor and losing and seen even more weaker.

I am not advocating McCarter. I am advocating anybody BUT Radogno. Someone needs to “step up” or you might as well vote “Jo Galloway” 19-0.

14. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 9:55 am:

===Rich, where do you find the Governor results broken down into the new districts? ===

Not publicly available.

15. - unreal - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:02 am:

Rich - what did I say wrong that I was deleted?

16. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:03 am:

The numbers in those five Dem pickups are pretty shocking.

17. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:05 am:

unreal, read every red word above the comment box. Your answer is there.

18. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:05 am:

“It is tough to support the GOP when the message is that it hates women, gays, and just about anybody else who happens to live in Chicago.”

That’s merely a “message” that you’re listening to and doesn’t necessarily reflect the views of all–maybe even most Republicans, Skeeter. The behavior of top ILGOP brass seems to show that we’re being lead by those who do nothing but lie, cheat, and steal.

That’s the issue–and it has nothing to do with Cross and Radogno.

19. - low level - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:10 am:

A guy named Sam Yingling won against Sandy Cole in the district that is decended from the district Bob Churchill represented for years. Added to that, Yingling is a Democrat and openly gay.

That’s how I sum up the past election and the state of the Il GOP.

20. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:12 am:

===As far as Radogno goes, I can’t see how booting a suburban woman from leadership advances the ball for the Illinois GOP. I don’t see the alternative as helping at all.===

- wordslinger -, you are right in your thinking, but I am told many times, when speaking of the Cubs to friends.

“Yeah, that sounds great with that person there. But remember, you lost big last time, so in reality, how much did it help having them there in the first place?”

Would I make a trade for a strong leader taking on the Caucus in the “correct, polically savy” way to win seats, at the cost of taking out a Suburban Woman who has proven she is inept at leading the SGOP Caucus?

Yes, given the results WITH that Suburban Woman as the leader of the SGOP Caucus this last time…

Yes, I make that change.

What is Radogno going to do if she loses, bad-mouth the Caucus for throwing her out for the reason of getting Veto-Proofed?

As usual, - wordslinger -, …with much respect …to you.

21. - RetiredStateEmployee - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:15 am:

I don’t like the Democrats, I couldn’t possibly be for the Republicans as the party now stands. Where do I go?

22. - just sayin' - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:19 am:

Amazing how Republicans in Springpatch can still find ways to make themselves more irrelevant.

When they unanimously rubberstamped Tom Cross again they should also just issue a statement that “we just don’t care anymore.” What a bunch of worthless clock punchers.

23. - Wensicia - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:24 am:

24. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:30 am:

===The Republicans need to work on offering a better product that will increase their numbers in the General Assembly. Until then, who’s leader doesn’t matter. ===

The follow-Up to that … the Current “Leaders” are going to offer a better product? Remember, these are the “Fire Madigan” Leaders.

If you like that, then it won’t matter. I get ya, - Wensicia -, but maybe your question is like the question I have for Cross;

“What changes, both as a Political Aparatus and Governmentally, are GOING TO BE MADE to make anyone think you are taking being Veto-Proof seriously, since you think staying on as Caucus Leader is a change that doesn’t need to be made?”

Fair, - Wensicia -?

25. - Moderate REpub - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:33 am:

Rich, what were the presidential numbers for Obama in those seats in 2008? I think it may be a better “apples to apples” comparison to show what the numbers were during a potus election cycle versus the Governor election.

26. - Downstate - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:47 am:

Senator McCarter continues to confound the critics - from his first appointment - to being thrown into a district against another Republican, this year. He has always prevailed.

A downstate Republican, that started his own businesses that are hugely succesful? In any other state, he’d be an Horatio Alger story. Sadly, not here in Illinois.

He even created an business park in his home town in the middle of the economic downturn. Pretty Impressive.

I’ve met Rodogno. She’s a nice enough person. But she hasn’t a clue or backbone when it comes to making tough financial decisions.

Seems to me that McCarter does that every day of his business life.

27. - Wensicia - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:53 am:

Fair.

28. - Arthur Andersen - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:55 am:

Willy, I just checked and the Country Club is letting them meet in the Pro Shop “since it’s such a small group.”
    The guys in there were really disappointed that Tom Cross wasn’t going to be there, but did mention he had booked a tee time tomorrow “if it’s not so nippy outside.”

29. - Cincinnatus - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:58 am:

Sue Rezin?

30. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 11:08 am:

- Wensicia -,

Good.

Look, I am of the belief, if no one says anything about how inept Cross and Radogno are, then no one is going to hoild their feet to the fire for all the miscues, and I can’t just let my party slip farther and farther down and NOT say somethng, because, you know what they say next;

“Wel, no one said things are that bad, so …”

Well, I am saying they are, I am calling them out, and I know I am screaming in the wind.

- Arthur Anderson -

Thanks for the update, They have a fabulous Pro Shop, ample size for 19 and there is still room for a Buffet Table, DJ, Dance Floor, Dessert Table, and Gift Table.

My Tee Time is 11:06 tomorrow, did they tell you when Cross is teeing off? Maybe Tom and I can share time eating a Hot Dog, swapping golf stories … never know …

31. - walkinfool - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 11:35 am:

Radogno’s better on strictly legislative leadership; Murphy would be better in PR and campaigning — or at least not worse.

32. - too obvious - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 11:40 am:

What does one have to do to get fired in the IL GOP exactly? Unbelievable.

Mike Madigan must be having a nice chuckle right now. Or maybe he’s just shaking his head like everyone else. How much fun can it be to keep beating the snot out of a third rate, bush league team? At some point you probably wish you had a challenge.

33. - Votecounter - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 11:50 am:

I have to say the fact that someone in the SGOP at least made people stand up and vote gives me some solace. The fact that Cross was unanimous makes me sick. If these last two cycles didn’t prove Cross/Radogno are in over their heads what does? If the leaders were paid by the other side they couldn’t have done a better job of eviscerating the GOP.

34. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 11:52 am:

===Mike Madigan must be having a nice chuckle right now.===

Make no mistake, the Political Aparatus Leaders and both Irrelevent Leaders… everyone is chuckling behind your backs.

When they mention the Map issue as the #1, strongest, reason, people just plum laugh, be it in their face or not.

“Fire Madigan” is whispered as they walk by…Well done Politcal Braintrusts of the Caucuses.

I just feel bad for all the “paid volunteers” that were being directed by these Dopes, and yelled at by these Dopes, and then when they come back to Government. you have to feel bad for those guys and girls. This was a leadership failure, not a “district paid volunteer” mishap.

Those “Bosses” think the “paid volunteers” hold them in high esteem. They too are snickering at them, inbetween grumbling, “Yeah, they would call in the campaign office and yell and scream, and were no help on the ground.”

And yet, Cross id re-elected, and no changes in the HGOP, politically. Tonight, we will see if the SGOP follows suit.

Pathetic.

35. - Downstater - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 1:34 pm:

This Senate GOP decline started under Frank Watson. He made some bad decisions that led to the loss of 2 or 3 seats. He was able to raise a lot of money. Didn’t spend it wisely. They need to blow the whole thing up and start over.

36. - Endangered Moderate Species - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 1:58 pm:

As long as the ILGOP continue to blame the new map and continue to campaign against Madigan, they will continue to be irrelevant. They must begin a new message that welcomes everyone to the tent of fiscal conservatism, regardless of race, sex, age or sexual orientation. Until then, they will not regain the platform. As long as they continue to preach and look down upon the masses, they do not have a chance to lead the people of this State. The voting majority of Illinois are smart people; provide them with facts and not bogeymen.

37. - shore - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 2:15 pm:

the last point you make is excellent and I’m sure old friend mark kirk probably won a number of state rep and state senate districts that springfield republicans didn’t even compete in. Cross and Radogno are awful and uninspiring.

38. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 2:27 pm:

- Downstater -,

Very good points!

- Endangered Moderate Species -

Very Good as Well … Cross and Radgono and Cookie-cutter candidates ain’t working, and they a horribly awful politically,

And - shore - is ending with the “awful and uninspiring” is spot on.

39. - Ruby - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 2:32 pm:

40. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 2:39 pm:

===If Republicans blame Senator Radogno for their defeat in November they will be making a huge mistake. The GOP has developed a major problem with women. Voting Christine Radogno out as Illinois State Senate leader will be a gift to the Democrats that will keep on giving. ===

The SGOP got Vet0-Proofed with her, you can’t get much lower. What lesson will the GOP learn, That Christine Radogno is Horrible as Irrelevent Leader, guess what, we know that now.

The GOP problem with women, with a woman as head of a Caucus did nothing. Radogno did nothing.

41. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 2:50 pm:

===I would take my chances without “Jo Galloway” as the Irrelevent Leader. No one can do worse.===

Once you are Veto-Proofed, what is there, “Double Veto-Proofed” … that is my point, no one can do worse. You are Veto-Proofed. That’s It. Game Over.

42. - Skeeter - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 2:52 pm:

With that sort of national campaign, was there anything that could be done at home?

Until the GOP takes a serious look at these issues, they will never connect with women. You’ve given up on half the electorate.

To be competitive in Illinois, the GOP needs to make a serious move on social issues. Do that, and people will embrace the rest of the party. Until then, urban and suburban women will look at the GOP as the party of the angry old white men.

43. - Downstater - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 2:54 pm:

It not the gender of the leader. It is the candidate(s) and their message. Working smart and mining for extra votes.

44. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 3:16 pm:

===Oswego, do you think that that GOP’s problem is that it is too far to the left? Do you think Christine pulled the party to the right?

Great Question, a question I had hoped the HGOP would address, but elected “Three Putt” Cross anyway without any changes, and it looks like Radgono will win, becasue she played the Gender Card as her qualification, all the while being a woman who was in charge while getting veto-proofed, but to the point….

The problem, since you ask me specifically and I am responding, seems to be running candidates that do NOT mirror the 100 or so precincts in the House Races, and the 200 or so precincts in the Senate Races.

Example.

You can not run a socially conservative candidate, when the demographics indicate, in polling, that moderates outnumber both liberal and coinservates combined … in those 100 or 200 precincts.

A candidate that may be successful on the North Shore will not mirror a candidate running Southwest of Sangamon. When you look at the recruitment, then look at the candidates versus a Madigan Candidate or a Cullerton Candidate, you are in trouble already.

Now, add into the fact Cullerton and Madigan have a ground game. Radogno and Cross have ZERO ground game.

The recipe of poor candidates, (in the demo aspect to their districts, not a reflection of them personally) and no ground game to drag them over the finish line, leads to Veto-Proof Cambers.

You can NOT sheppard a candidate that is targeted by Madigan or Cullerton and NOT have a ground game plan in the 100 or 200 precincts. You Lose. Every Time.

These Caucuses are so monolithic. and they run the same Demo of a candidate everywhere, and if they do decide to go “perfect for the district”, there is no ground game to finish strong and win.

Finally, you can’t be concerned about being “against” - Against Madigan, Against Chicago, Against Labor, Against Pro-Choice … how about the Reagan Rule of 80%.

We as Repubs love Ronald Reagan, but here in Illinois we can’t follow his simple rule? Nope!

So, I would say, more diversity, with stronger ground game and message of the diversity, and a more welcoming of Repubs, and less “Against”.

Cross and Radogno and the ILGOP ain’t asking me, you are, and I appreciate that, so that being said, realize these are Dot Points, not the 150 page “Handbook to 30/60/Mansion”.

- skeeter -, as long a good Repubs try to find where we can be better, I feel better. When I see the HGOP and SGOP just wanting status quo and paychecks, I get a bit upset.

If you need more clarity, ask away, but that is/was a pretty good idea where I am at.

45. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 3:23 pm:

===The national party looked to a lot of people like the “rape is God’s gift” party. It was the “anti-science party.” It was the “let’s tell you what you can do in your bedroom party.” It was the “only people who make over $250,000 matter party.”===

“I met “X”, “X” answered my questions, seemed reasonable, was ‘for’ something and seemed to understand me.”

THAT is 1/2 the battle to offset the national goofiness, meaning, choosing isses that divide us all, instead of trying to be more inclusive to the National Narritve.

But the H&SGOP went “Fire Madigan” and no ground game, and let the Dems ground game define their candidates, and laughed at our “Fire Madigan”

More direct to your point there, - Skeeter -.

46. - Ahoy! - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 3:41 pm:

I think he map is a disgrace and is overly political. That being said, the Republican’s probably couldn’t have drawn a map that would have put them in a majority. They’re not in a good place right now. They don’t recruit well, they don’t gotv well and they don’t have a plan for success moving forward. The Republican’s need to clean house, but they don’t need the likes of people like McCarter taking over the helm.

47. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 3:49 pm:

===They don’t recruit well, they don’t gotv well and they don’t have a plan for success moving forward. The Republican’s need to clean house,…===

Amen - Ahoy! -, Amen!

Anyone but Radogno, not endorsing McCarter, not endorsing … anyone, but “Jo Galloway” needs to go.

48. - Endangered Moderate Species - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 4:30 pm:

===Candidates who walk precincts and MEET voters to face those questions, and have a ground game to reinforce, wash away a great deal of sins the party has.====

Willy is on point with his remark. Voters want to meet candidates and get some affirmation that the candidate is sincere. To many candidates (normally losers) come across as full of themselves and with to many opinions. Sure, the other side is going to work hard to define you, but a lot of sidewalk time and handshake introductions allows a voter to judge you and maybe say, “hey I met that guy and I am not agreeing with what his opponent is saying”. POL SCI 101

49. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 4:36 pm:

- Endangered Moderate Species -,

Thanks, and you too are on point that this is POL SCI 101, I didn’t invent it, and yet both …BOTH Caucuses have seem to forgot it. No need to re-invent the wheel, but it would be nice if someone used it.

50. - Arthur Andersen - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:17 pm:

I went there for dinner tonight. Things were a little uncomfortable. The valet parkers were asking everyone as we pulled in, “are you Oswego Willy?”

51. - transplant - Wednesday, Nov 28, 12 @ 10:19 pm:

Radogno reelected.

52. - Jon Zahm - Thursday, Nov 29, 12 @ 12:45 am:

The Six who stood for conservative Republican values and real reform of an inept caucus were McCarter, Duffy, LaHood, Oberweis, Connelly and Rose.

53. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Nov 29, 12 @ 6:55 am:

Hey - Jon Zahm -,

This is more about how awful Radogno is, as opposed to “values and reform”. It’s about winning, not about “litmus tests”.

Truth be told, I rack my brain, and I still dunno what Oberweis brings to the table but the Reagan Rule of 80% and that is …about it.

The rhetoric is not needed, thanks. It’s about “Jo Galloway” and nothing else.

54. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Nov 29, 12 @ 7:31 am:

- AA -,

I still have my 11:06 Tee Time, did you find out when Cross was teeing off? If Tom gives me 3 shots a Side, I like my chances. Of course, I would be playing from the Men’s Tees, while “Three Putt” Cross would be playing from the Way Back, Championship Tees and only allowed a Driver, 3 different Irons, 2 Wedges, & a Putter.

THEN, after getting the 3 shots a Side…I still lose.

If Cross is game….

55. - Arthur Andersen - Thursday, Nov 29, 12 @ 8:23 am:

Willy, I didn’t. Almost got kicked out after I had “Jo Galloway, your car is about to be towed” announced.

56. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Nov 29, 12 @ 8:37 am:

- AA -’

“And the hits just keep on coming…” - Danny Kaffee

* Silver: Trump is gonna get trounced in Illinois
* K-12 preliminary analysis
* What's in the BIMP?
* More heroin/Fentanyl deaths than traffic fatalities
* BGA takes a look at an anti-union group
* What's at stake today
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Supplement to today’s edition
* *** LIVE *** Session Coverage

* Samsung is selling the unlocked Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge in the U.S.
* Google Maps gets multi-stop directions and vacation memories on mobile
* Nubia Z11 pre-orders top a million in a day and you can have yours, too
* MetroPCS carries iPhone starting July 1 in Florida, elsewhere soon
* It’s official: Android N is Android Nougat
* Will there be a Google Phone? N is for Nougat, and Note 7 bells & whistles? | Pocketnow Weekly 207
* Check Google’s Snapchat today for Android N name [UPDATE: Nougat]

* Could Burdi make big leagues months after Draft?
* Davidson back in big leagues with White Sox