* The Democrats have compiled a mix tape of GOP state Rep. Mike Bost’s House floor outbursts. Bost, you already know, has announced a run for Congress. Have a look…
* Southern Illinois Democratic Women’s Barb Brown announced the video via e-mail today…
Today GOP extremist Mike Bost announced that he is running for Congress. I hoped that this wasn’t going to happen, because when I think about Washington and all that is broken, I think about Bost.
This shocking new video that shows a compilation of meltdowns Bost had in the Springfield Statehouse pretty much sums up why. Time and time again, he would rather scream at his opponents and those who disagree with him. That is why I wanted you to be the first to see this video so that you could get to know what Mike Bost is really like.
I’m not so sure. His anger may play well. We’ll see.
* In other campaign-related news, Crain’s has an interesting story about David Axelrod’s former firm AKPD…
David Axelrod is not an easy name to replace in Democratic politics. That’s especially true for the political consulting firm whose name starts with his initial: AKPD Message & Media LLC.
But now it’s Larry Grisolano’s turn to put his stamp on the Chicago-based partnership, after it has spent the past four years focusing almost exclusively on its most important client, President Barack Obama.
Mr. Axelrod, the former Chicago Tribune political editor who founded AKPD and became one of Mr. Obama’s most trusted advisers, was known as a word slinger and message guru. Mr. Grisolano, on the other hand, has a reputation as a master of digital advertising and micro-targeting, having served as the Obama campaign’s director of paid media for both the 2008 and 2012 campaigns.
While insisting he’s not trying to “sell the Obama fairy dust,” Mr. Grisolano is trying to position AKPD as the go-to shop for the data-driven political ad strategy that the Obama campaign made famous. “There are plenty of people in the commercial and political space that are basically riding on how things have always been done,” he says, “and what I think distinguishes us (is) we are embracing the change.”
* Other stuff…
* VIDEO: Walsh: Boehner and Illinois delegation want me to stay away from Washington
* Would Bill Daley Be Governor 1 Percent?
* Secretary of State Jesse White questions voter policies
* Desire for facts drives UI professor Gollin to Congress