* BP gets break on soot limits
* Chicago dumps WiFi plan
* Law bans harassing by debt collectors
* CTA Tattler: CTA funding wrap up
* City colleges may train for casinos
No sooner had Ald. Tom Tunney (44th), owner of Ann Sather’s Restaurants, suggested that City Colleges branch out into casino training than Watson embraced the idea.
“A lot of people think of casino jobs as just being the person who deals the cards or runs the roulette table. That’s a small portion of casino jobs. A larger part is wait staff and support staff,” Watson said.
“Moving from where we kick off our hospitality program to actually training front-of-the-house casino employees is an easy step for us. When and if Chicago is approved for casinos, City Colleges stands ready to provide capacity and quality training for front-of-the-house casino jobs — all of it, including dealers.”
* Alderman Reilly to school: Share new field