* Poshard meets with plagiarism committee
* County tax hike likely, but how much?
“I’ve never seen a government leader ask for a tax increase to pay for a budget that doesn’t exist,” said Commissioner Forrest Claypool. “It’s unprecedented.”
Yet a majority of the County Board is indicating they can support some kind of tax hike for government operations, and first up will be a sales tax discussion at a board meeting Monday.
* Kane Co. agrees to provide more aid for Hispanic voters
* Crain’s: Sun-Times Media Group, which owns the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper, said on Wednesday it named a new chief operating officer, replacing the prior COO who left the company to join the Canadian Broadcasting Corp.
* Sun-Times journalists’ union OKs contract
* Sneed: Gush & blush
Homespun diva Martha Stewart gushed and made Mayor Daley blush Wednesday after the two met privately after a Stewart speaking engagement at Navy Pier.
• • Gush ‘em: “My goodness mayor, the city is more beautiful than ever,” Stewart told Daley.
• • Blush ‘em: Called the “Martha Stewart of mayors” because of his efforts to beautify the city, Daley responded with a laugh and “really blushed,” said a Sneed source. Then the duo had a 15-minute chat, but I don’t think it was about recipes.
* Daley ‘action teams’ to tackle drugs