* Here are the winners from our final round in the annual Golden Horshoe contest…
* JoAnn Sullivan was an easy winner in the “Best legislative secretary” category. She always gives above and beyond the call of duty and is one of the nicest human beings you’ll ever meet, which is somewhat ironic considering that she works for Speaker Madigan.
* I’ve met Beth Goncher from Rep. Tim Schmitz’s district office and dealt with her on various matters and she definitely lives up to the hype in comments yesterday. She gets the “Best district office administrator” award hands down.
Thanks to all who voted.
By the way, Linda Brown, Dan Brady’s Springfield secretary, is retiring at the end of this month. Her party is at the Pasfield House tonight.
* Someone asked yesterday for a list of all our winners. Here it is…
* State legislator who best empitomizes public service: Tie - Rep. Frank Mautino and Rep. Julie Hamos
* Most effective local mayor of a city with less than one million people: The late Rosemont Mayor Don Stephens
* The Illinois US Congressman who shows true statesmanlike qualities of putting country over party: Ray LaHood
* The Illinois union, association, etc. that has the most positive impact on Illinois government: CUB
* Best political bar/restaurant in Springfield: Boone’s Saloon
* Best statewide officeholder: Lisa Madigan
* Best state legislative staffer: Tie - Ellen McElroy-Kenworth and Liz Brown
* Best press spokesperson: The “Spin Sisters” (Abby Ottenhoff and Rebecca Rausch)
* Best lobbyist: Bill Anderson
* Best Capitol Fax Blog commenter: “Bill”
* Best legislative secretary: JoAnn Sullivan
* Best district office administrator: Beth Goncher