* Tempers are flaring a bit in the Republican primary to challenge incumbent Democrat Melissa Bean. Kirk Morris whacked Steve Greenberg in a debate the other day. Greenberg is generally perceived to be the frontrunner…
“He’s been successful once, and that’s being born into a family with money,” Morris said during a League of Women Voters forum in Barrington last week. “Now he wants to be a congressman as a consolation prize.”
Morris said he went on the attack after he claimed Greenberg raised questions about his professional and personal background. […]
Morris said he also became angry when Greenberg scoffed at Morris’ claim that he had given Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani the idea of promoting a “virtual” electronic fence to protect U.S. borders.
After admitting he had exaggerated his influence over Giuliani, whom Morris had met at a local fundraiser, Morris said it was Greenberg who had embellished his resume by omitting failed business ventures
And on and on it goes.
* More congressional stuff, compiled by Kevin…
* If money matters, Bean way ahead
* Republicans no longer face cakewalk in 11th Congressional District
* Democrats could run veteran against Roskam again
* 6th District Democratic hopefuls battle over immigration
* New Challengers Take On Old Political Name in 3rd District
This is a 2008 congressional primary open thread.