Thursday, May 29, 2008
* Editorial: Lead and crime
* John F. Harris: The signature defect of modern political journalism is that it has shredded the ideal of proportionality.
* Lawmakers attempted to clarify their intentions Wednesday by altering Scott’s Law to add that it should apply only to those drivers who cause property damage or death or injury to another person… motorists have complained that the harsh fines have been handed down against anyone passing even the most trivial of traffic stops.
* Gov. Rod Blagojevich has been sent legislation that would require a stiff prison sentence for a person convicted of giving a gun to a minor who then goes out and commits a crime.
* CTA operator error suspected in derailment
* DuPage County Board freezes most members’ salaries
* Harness racing expansion proposal dies in committee
* Follow the GOP Leaders (Out the Door)
* The Price Of Pampering At The Conventions? $500K
* City urged to roll out bicycle rental plan