* Below is a list of Illinois State Fair campaign links. If you have an event which isn’t listed, use the “Contact Rich Miller” link above. Click here for the permanent link. That’s where you’ll find any updates. All events are in Springfield…
* Monday, August 16…
* 6-8 pm, Democratic state Senate candidate Josh Weger fundraiser. Alamo. 115 N. 5th St. Details here.
* Tuesday, August 17…
* 11:30 am Registration, 1:00 pm shotgun start. Friends of Dan Reitz Golf Outing. Illini Country Club. 1601 Illini Road. $1,000/person. For more information, contact Jill at 217.528.9120.
* 5-7 p.m. Sierra Club - Sangamon Valley Group. Floyds Thirst Parlor - Upstairs. $10 per ticket, live music, appetizers and cash bar. SPECIAL GUEST Lt. Governor Candidate Shiela Simon
* ADDED: 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Sangamon County Democrats State Fair Fundraiser. D. H. Brown’s, 231 East Monroe Street. $10 per ticket. Contact Sangamon County Democrat Headquarters at 217-544-0808.
* 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Senator Dick Durbin, Illinois Senate President John Cullerton, Illinois Speaker Michael Madigan. An Evening to benefit the Illinois Democratic Coordinated Campaign. The Inn at 835. 835 South Second Street. $1,000/Person; $5,000/Host; $10,000/Sponsor. Special Guest Speaker: Senator Al Franken (MN). For more information, please contact Leah Israel at 847.302.0908
* 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Alexi’s Annual Eve of Democrat Day Celebration. The Alamo. 115 N 5th St. Free admission
* 6-9 pm. Brandon Phelps and Ed Sullivan “The North Meets the South Bar-B-Q.” 420 West Capitol. $250, $500 $1000. RSVP Jill Hanney 217-528-9120
* Wednesday, August 18…
7:30 am – approx 8:30 am. Illinois Democratic Chairmen’s Association Governor’s Day Brunch. VIP Reception. Crowne Plaza. Capital View Room, 2nd Floor. Speakers and guest only.
* 9:00 am. Illinois Democratic Chairmen’s Association Governor’s Day Brunch. Crowne Plaza Hotel. 3000 South Dirksen Parkway. $35/person, Sponsorship starts at $500. For more information, please call 217.753.3380. Featured Keynote Speaker: Senator Al Franken
* 1:00pm. Governor’s Day Rally. Director’s Lawn, IL State Fairgrounds
* 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Judy Baar Topinka for Comptroller Fundraiser. 69 Linden Lindon Lane. $40.00 per person. Contact: 217-622-9630
* 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm. Evening of Jazz. Friends of Robin Kelly. Catch 22. 11 Southwest Old State Capitol Plaza. $25/person. For more information, contact Ryan at email@example.com or 708.382.0643.
* 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Mark Kirk for US Senate and Illinois Republican Party Reception Honoring the 2010 Statewide Ticket. D.H. Browns. 231 East Monroe Street. Contact: Steve Ettinger. (217) 525-0011
* Thursday, August 19…
* 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. SCC and County Chairman’s Assoc. Breakfast. Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center. 3280 Northfield Drive . Contacts: Steve Ettinger (217) 525-0011 and Randy Pollard (618) 267-2547
* 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. County Chairman’s Association Meeting Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center. 3280 Northfield Drive. Contacts: Randy Pollard (618) 267-2547
* 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Republican Day @ the Illinois State FairDirector’s Lawn / IL State Fairgrounds. Contact: Steve Ettinger (217) 525-0011.
10:00 a.m. Kids Area open (All Day)
12:00 p.m. Lunch served (Anticipated time)
12:30 p.m. Speaking Program (Anticipated time)
1:15 p.m. Live Entertainment (Concludes at 3:00 p.m.)
* 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Following the GOP Luncheon) Sen. Dan Rutherford, reception. Free. Franny’s Tavern, Corner of 8th & Sangamon Avenue, Outside State Fair Gate 11. Special Guests Steve Kim Candidate for Attorney General And Robert Enriquez Candidate for Secretary of State. Contact: Dan Rutherford Campaign Committee (815) 842-2475
* 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Bill Brady for Governor Reception. Sangamon County Central Committee HQ. 1132 E. Sangamon Avenue. SE of the Main Gate to the Fairgrounds. Contact: 217-241-9830
* GOPUSA ILLINOIS / TAPROOT table at the Illinois Republican Party event at the State Fair in Springfield
* 5-7 pm. Sen. John Millner, fundraiser. Maldaner’s Restaurant. 630.251.4468.
* Friday, August 20…
* Rich Whitney will attend the Illinois State Fair on Friday, August 20th. The theme for the fair that day is “Futures for Kids Day”, so Rich will visit with families from 1 PM to 4 PM throughout the fairgrounds to share with them why a vote for the Green Party is a vote for a better future for our children. Mr. Whitney will then meet supporters at the State Fair’s Ethnic Village at 4:30 PM for dinner and to help celebrate the diverse nature of the people of Illinois. Rich will then conclude his evening by arriving at the Grandstand at 7 PM to talk with fairgoers before the attending the “Cheap Trick” and “Blondie” concert at 8 PM.