Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Plummer settles suit filed by stiffed friend
Plummer settles suit filed by stiffed friend

Wednesday, Nov 27, 2013

* A story from last summer to refresh your memory

A fundraising consultant and longtime acquaintance has filed suit against Jason Plummer over outstanding debts from his failed Congressional campaign.

Franny Decker of Decker Consulting Services in Washington, D.C., has sued Plummer personally and his election committee, Plummer for Congress, for more than $50,000. Decker alleges that she is owed payments for her fundraising work on Plummer’s 2012 campaign for the 12th Congressional District. […]

The suit was filed in Madison County Circuit Court on June 17, and states that Decker “greatly exceeded” the goals set for her to raise money from political action campaigns to support Plummer’s run. […]

Decker is a longtime associate of Plummer’s, having met when they were both members of College Republicans at the University of Illinois, according to the lawsuit’s filings.

* Ms. Decker’s attorney is Kent Gray. Kent sent me an e-mail this morning…

Franny Decker reached a settlement with Jason Plummer on the outstanding balance due. He has made payment.

That was the last of the vendor cases I had against Jason. Franny’s was the only one that required a lawsuit be filed to settle.

Consider this an early Thanksgiving present for Oswego Willy.

…Adding… I asked Kent Gray how much the case was settled for. His reply…

Dear Rich,

In response to your request, Franny asked that I provide the following description of the amount paid in settlement by Mr. Plummer:

“The amount paid by Mr. Plummer was approximately the original invoice amount. Ms. Decker agreed to waive the late fees under the original contract in order to reach a mutually agreeable settlement.”

Have a great weekend,

Kent

1. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:04 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - yeah, I’m suppose to not even say nothing about it, but lets say Franny only got 2 of the Power Rangers, k? #winning

Thanks, Rich.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

2. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:07 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I offered Franny 50 cents on the dollar like that Mr.Potter in “It’s A Wonderful Life” since the holidays are fast approaching. #HolidayCheer

3. - Dooooode - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:07 am:

Gonna love this comment thread. Lots of @FakeJasonPlummer please!!!

4. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:07 am:

A perfect marriage. Kent Gray representing Jason Plummer. #skunksatapicnic #bothofyoustoprunning

5. - Formerly Known As... - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:07 am:

Classy move by Mr. Gray to “spike the football”. Press release at noon, sir?

Sounds like someone should have gotten a confidentiality clause in that settlement.

6. - PublicServant - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:08 am:

Plummer is a U of I Alumnus? Does anyone know what he got a degree in?

7. - Lester Holt's Mustache - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:10 am:

“Plummer is a U of I Alumnus? Does anyone know what he got a degree in?”

Aromatherapy?

8. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:13 am:

===Plummer is a U of I Alumnus? Does anyone know what he got a degree in?===

“Legacy Awareness”
    “Family Management”
    “Internal Internship Auditing”
    “Speech Pathology”
    “Creative Writing and Arts”
    “Business Genealogy”

9. - Pot calling kettle - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:13 am:

He got a BA in BS.

10. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:15 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Franny, you wanna split the Illini Basketball tickets again, like always? #StillBuds

11. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:17 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - This was bad nooz. Dad said, “Now back to the bank!” Even fake jobs are hard! #FreeParkingGetsThePot

12. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:19 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - since I did all the legal stuff Dad made me do, now I get to sit at the Adult Table at thanksgiving and everything! #FingersCrossed

13. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:24 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - that was the 20 case I settled, so I guess Mr. Gray got his set of Steak Knives

14. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:26 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I signed a piece of paper for all these saying I won’t say nothing about anything. Easiest part! #CantTalkAboutThingsIDontUnderstandAnywayDuh

15. - A guy... - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:31 am:

Willie, not even tempted to defend Plummer here. No sympathy for people who don’t pay their debts when the money to pay them is there. Besides that, these are funny. Carry on.

16. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:35 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - after all this settling of cases, my allowance won’t even cover my 1 Direction tickets. Now Dad is making me pay with my own money! #AllowanceIsNotHandoutFromDadHonest

17. - shore - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:35 am:

Every night I go to be feeling safer that America has Jason Plummer in the naval reserves standing ready to protect us from bad guys and gals.

18. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:39 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Hey - A guy… -, when did you get to decide who can do what here? Don’t tell me you got that sweet internship Rich offered! #LetRichDecideWhoCarriesOn

19. - A guy... - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:44 am:

O Willie, I didn’t apply. May I use you as a reference?

20. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:48 am:

Master Jason Plummer
    Dad’s House (kinda for now)
    Illinois & a bunch of numbers and stuff

Dear Rich Miller,

My name is Jason Plummer and couple people says you are even looking for an Intern for like your stuff.

I put my other intern stuff in the Lumberyard envelope here, do when you open this, it should all fall out. I have been to Springfield so you don’t need to send directions it a map, but my GPS confusese sometimes, so don’t tell me to be near you quick, just in case.

Dad said you can pay my or not, but wanted me to tell you, to “Just take Jason and be quiet about it!”, do that is my reference too.

After Santa comes and gets me knew stuff, I will be ready four you. So, I am done with this, so I guess I just sign this or something and say bye or whatever.

Kool?

You’re Pal,

Jason P.

p.s. Do I get to meet Oswego Willy, you know to talk to him and stuff..,Jason

21. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:53 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - just applied for @CapitolFax internship. We all know I am awe-some at internships. #PleasePickMePleasePickMe

22. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:01 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I am glad thanksgiving is here. Waiting for the Great Pumpkin during Halloween again is starting to get old, but he will come done day! #SettledFrannyForPeanuts

23. - The KQ - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:01 pm:

Dear Mr. Mustache, thanks for making me laugh so hard I spit soup all over my desk. It was worth it.

24. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:03 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - hey @CapitolFax, if I don’t even get the internship, can I be the Lt. Intern? I got experience in that too. #WellRoundedInternResume

25. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I don’t understand. I apply for jobs with my Dad all the time and find out before my afternoon snack or nap that I got it. #GetDadToHireMeThenApplyAfter

26. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:10 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad says I needed up by not sending references. You know how expensive it is to mail a dictionary and “the rhyme words book”? #WordsHaveOtherMeaningsToo

27. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:12 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Franny, I know we have had some differences, but will you write a letter for me to tell @CapitolFax how kool I am for the interning? #ObviouslyOblivious

28. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:20 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - now that this suit stuff is all done, where are all the suits now, in a closet at Dad’s house? I didn’t even get to wear any if them. #JasonIsMoreOfASweaterGuy

29. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - when I host thanksgiving, I usually serve popcorn and jelly beans #CharlieBrownStyle

30. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:30 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - seriously, Franny, I thought we were friends, call me back. Friends work things out #UsuallyWithoutLawyers

31. - Bigtwich - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 1:50 pm:

“Now Dad is making me pay with my own money!”

He has his own money? Who knew?

32. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:04 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Sorry, had to eat all my Spagetti-Os before I could do some tweetering again. #DadSaysJasonKindaDoooos

33. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Franny emailed me, well Franny’s lawyer emailed the Bank Lawyer & said words I needed to look up & stuff. Franny, that 4th thing sounds painful! #ButWeAreStillBusRight

34. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:11 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - getting all kinds of tweeterings now, asking me about irony of now working on a campaign. I irony my shirt every time Bob and I go out, duh! #IsntIronyAVitaminToo

35. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:15 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I was asked if I missed campaigning. Nah, sometimes I go out in my New pickup Dad got me and just wave at people to feel like a parade. #WhyDoPeopleShiwMeOnlyOneFingerWhenTheyWaveBack

36. - Elmira Eddie - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:17 pm:

Ms. Decker’s lawyer’s name sure sounds like the name of the former occupant of the 12th districts southern area 1955-1975 and 1985-1989, Rep. Ken Gray!

37. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:17 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I asked Bob if he wanted me to put magnets of his name on my pickup. Bob, next time just a simple “No” is enough. #SupportByBeingInvisible

38. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:21 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bob running statewide means I might finally get to go to Oswego. Uncle Bill & Uncle Jerry chose to use me for strategerie #MeaningOutOfSightOutOfMind

39. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:24 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - the Bank Lawyer told me one thing that I totally won on versus Franny. I get to go anywheres I want, Franny can’t eve be near me! #WrongInterpretationButWhatever

40. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:27 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Look, Franny, I sent you 3 checks already. Tell the bank people checks signed in Crayon still work to get money from them #JasonKnowsThisAsFact

41. - Arthur Andersen - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:30 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer-This whole thing was a big misundercommunication. I thought Franny was a Fun Consultant. I didn’t have any fun not being Lt Congressman so I didn’t pay her. #BigKidsNeedToHaveFunToo #WearYourKoolGlassesWhenReadingStuff

42. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:45 pm:

Hey - AA -,

I have been in a foyer most of the day doing this and you made me laugh, “laugh” and the door opened to see what I thought was so funny. I don’t need you to make me look foolish, I can do that by myself, thanks! lol

43. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:53 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Ha Ha. OW looked foolish, I know that must feel pretty silly #DidIJustAdmitSomething

44. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:05 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I want to thank the GA Leaders for taking the spotlight if me and Franny. As far a Pensions go, every 10 years from now on I get a Luberyard or a bank, so all this confuses me. #PassGoCollectBankIrLumberyard

45. - BoBo - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:18 pm:

Obviously, @FakeJasonPlummer isn’t blanking

46. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - hey “Bobo” if understood your post, I would respond in a way that would be funny to me and yet Nr look Dopey. #TweeteringIsHard

47. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:25 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - hey “Bobo” if understood your post, I would respond in a way that would be funny to me and yet make me look Dopey. #TweeteringIsHard

Stupid phone!

48. - BoBo - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:30 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer, it is, of course, a quote from Phil Ponce to you back on the lite gov run.

49. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:40 pm:

lol.

@FakeJasonPlummer - look “BoBo”, the Uber-Hack Ponce still didn’t best me. I bested me. To be honest, anytime I see “blank” it’s someone swearing at me but being polite, #BlankHasBeenUsedAlotTowardsMe

50. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:54 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer -Wanna know something, when I can get all my friends to work on my next campaign, I will run again. Step one; find friends who will trust me. #StepTwoJustForgetIt

51. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 4:06 pm:

Before Rich closes up, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and Rich I was very thankful for your gift.

“Sam/Frank”

* Brady makes some unusual appointments to discrimination and harassment task force
* Pritzker sues endorser, deletes ad she appeared in
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Candidate announcement
* Best tweet of the day
* Roskam race moved to "Toss Up" by Cook Political Report
* Kennedy lashes out at Emanuel, while Pritzker takes a softer approach
* Rauner refuses to weigh in on federal tax legislation
* Reports: Former Munger firm gets $12.5 million no-bid contract after a $12 million payment was frozen by Mendoza
* "Every time I see a little kid waving I always try to wave back"
* Londrigan, EMILY's List stand by their false statements
* In praise of Mary Ann Ahern
* George Will: Illinois "approaching a death spiral"
* Rauner urged to sign education funding "cleanup" bill
* Republican Party wants Durbin, Duckworth to give away Franken's cash
* Open thread

* George Will: In Illinois, a looming battle over.....
* George Will: In Illinois, looming battle over b.....
* SNEED EXCLUSIVE: Amazon reps visit old Finkl St.....
* House task force to review sexual harassment..
* Kennedy lands endorsement from Danny K. Davis..
* Keep an eye on Illinois, a blue-state basket ca.....
* In Illinois, a looming battle over the bankrupt.....

* Police dog to regularly search public schools in Springfield
* U of I student has been named a Rhodes Scholar
* Backers hope Route 66 historic designation can drive tourism
* Lurie recognized for approach to managing pain in children
* Decatur Police investigate shooting death
* Illinois man's memory to live on with Rose Parade float
* Father, son travel around the US repairing handbells
* 80 percent of debris dump sites high in toxins
* AP Exclusive: 4 in 5 Illinois debris sites high in toxins
* AP Exclusive: 4 in 5 Illinois debris sites high in toxins

* House task force to review sexual harassment
* Electric cars, better fuel efficiency spell doom for Illinois gas tax
* Springfield wants out of legislation limiting payments for 5G antennas
* Fact check: Are Gov. Rauner's grandparents immigrants?
* Londrigan accused of attacking Davis for 'opposite' of remarks
* Gov. Rauner signs sex harassment legislation
* Under the Dome Podcast: Governor's race, sexual harassment, Rodney Davis
* Macoupin Co. highway renamed in honor of soldier who died in Vietnam
* Macoupin Co. highway renamed in honor of solder who died in Vietnam
* Schoenburg: Rep. Davis leads new caucus, pleased with White House access

* Like our roundup? Share it around.
* Here's how Baker McKenzie profits from offshore tax system
* Cards Against Humanity works to maintain its naughtiness
* The either/or world of Cards Against Humanity: Funny or Die
* Why do people give? Not for the tax break.

* 10-year-old boy and girl, 13, missing from same block in Lake View
* Body of canoeist recovered from Indiana lake 3 weeks after capsizing
* Official says Trump doesn’t know whom to believe about Roy Moore
* Paul Zipser has gone from last season surprise to this season MIA
* Man wounded in Marquette Park drive-by shooting
* Man, 39, reported missing from Uptown
* Three-and-out: On Adam Shaheen’s growth, Connor Barth’s Bears future
* Mitch Trubisky offers hope in John Fox’s play-it-safe world
* SNEED EXCLUSIVE: Amazon reps visit old Finkl Steel site on North Side
* MORRISSEY: Attendance is optional for Bears, fans in loss to Lions

* Victim airlifted to hospital following 'cooking accident' in Crystal Lake
* Leonard Floyd feared out for extended period with knee injury
* Suns lead Bulls 61-56 at halftime of battle of rebuilding teams
* Chicago intends to sue U.S. Steel after 2 toxic spills this year, mayor says
* Kicked when they’re down, Bears long on excuses, short on progress
* Stepson, 21, charged with repeatedly stabbing CPD officer, prosecutors say
* 'Lulls,' 'siestas' doom Bears against Lions in latest close loss
* Boy 14, among 6 shot including one fatally on Sunday
* Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabama's Roy Moore
* As clock ticks on tax bill, White House signals a compromise

» State Week: Are Voters Thinking About 2018?
» Legislative Checklist: Veto Session
» How 3 Women Want To Make Illinois’ Political Future Female
» Illinois Supreme Court Weighing Seizure Of Woman’s Harley
» Illinois Supreme Court Weighing Seizure Of Woman's Harley
» Statehouse Ethical Issues Might Need Outside Oversight, Legislators Say
» Prosecutor: No More Indictments In Laquan McDonald Shooting
» Metra Board OKs Budget With Service Cuts, Fare Hikes In 2018
» For Illinois Sex Offenders, Six Years Can Turn Into Life In Prison
» State Week: Harassment Training, Veto Wins And Losses, Late Payments

* Rex Huppke: Moment of reckoning for swinish behavior is here
* George Will: In Illinois, a looming battle over the bankrupting 'blue model'
* House task force to review sexual harassment
* Bernard Schoenburg: Ives says Rauner joined 'ruling class' he was to fight
* Statehouse Insider: Republican primary for governor underway
* Doubek: For harassment and beyond, Springfield needs stronger accountability
* Jim Dixon: It is time for a fair tax for Illinois
* Our View: It’s time for decision on YWCA block
* Electric cars, better fuel efficiency spell doom for Illinois gas tax
* Ed Rogers: A Clinton special counsel won't help Republicans in 2018

* UI Men's Basketball vs Marshall
* Alive and helping to brighten Thanksgiving for others
* LIVE! Marshall
* UI student has been named a Rhodes Scholar
* A listing of fundraising events in central Illinois
* Help your neighbors in need by donating items
* Second person charged with striking 8-year-old girl with extension cord
* Second man charged with double East St. Louis shooting that left one dead
* Nov. 19 Asmussen Top 25
* Teutopolis teen driver ticketed after vehicle ends up in creek

* Images: Bears lose to Lions 27-24
* Chicago Bears coach Fox on Barth's missed FG: 'We will evaluate it'
* The Latest: Trump tweets about death of Border Patrol agent
* Clarkson, Pink honor victims of hurricanes, violence at AMAs
* One killed in Bensenville apartment fire

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated
* Rep. Randy Hultgren congratulates McHenry ...
* 3 suburban GOP reps provide crucial votes ...
* Panel encourages women to consider careers...
* Geneva Chamber honors Gaines for 40 years ...
* DOJ to ban US lawmakers should Duterte ord...
* US lawmakers to Duterte: 'Sovereignty does...
* Local Congressmen React to the Passage of ...
* Hultgren whishes McHenry County College a ...
* Hultgren and Ruppersberger: Protect infras...

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated...

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated...

* I’m voting against Joe Berrios, but I don’t know why I should have to.
* Show some gratitude, people.
* Youth Open Mic Night on Friday, December 1st
* Chicago high school students salute Harold Washington as his hearse passes. December, 1987.
* Sunday week in review.
* Dollar Tree Coming To Former Unique Thrift Store Location?
* All Aboard! Open House Sunday Afternoon At Uptown's Model Railroad Club
* Meet Your 20th District Officers On Argyle in Sunday/Monday Events
* Believe women.
* SNL Watch Party at SMG-Chatham

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* Best Buy takes 75 percent off LG G6 on Sprint
* Android Oreo and OxygenOS 5.0 finally pushed to OnePlus 3, 3T
* Amazon takes $100 off Moto X4 Prime Exclusive edition
* Sprint Black Friday deals now include Essential Phone for $145
* Razer’s Hammerhead earphones pack USB-C connectivity to replace your headphone port
* Authorities serve Apple a warrant for Texas shooter’s iPhone
* Google Pixel 2 bootloader issues, iPhone X fixes & more – Pocketnow Daily

* White Sox Arizona Fall League recap
* Sporcle Saturday: Top player performances
* LIVE: MLB Awards unveiled on Network
* White Sox face roster call on Clarkin, 6 more
* Thyago Vieira brings missing heat to White Sox bullpen battle
* MLB Awards grand finale (7 CT, MLB Network)
* White Sox trade for hard-throwing Vieira