Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Plummer settles suit filed by stiffed friend
Plummer settles suit filed by stiffed friend

Wednesday, Nov 27, 2013

* A story from last summer to refresh your memory

A fundraising consultant and longtime acquaintance has filed suit against Jason Plummer over outstanding debts from his failed Congressional campaign.

Franny Decker of Decker Consulting Services in Washington, D.C., has sued Plummer personally and his election committee, Plummer for Congress, for more than $50,000. Decker alleges that she is owed payments for her fundraising work on Plummer’s 2012 campaign for the 12th Congressional District. […]

The suit was filed in Madison County Circuit Court on June 17, and states that Decker “greatly exceeded” the goals set for her to raise money from political action campaigns to support Plummer’s run. […]

Decker is a longtime associate of Plummer’s, having met when they were both members of College Republicans at the University of Illinois, according to the lawsuit’s filings.

* Ms. Decker’s attorney is Kent Gray. Kent sent me an e-mail this morning…

Franny Decker reached a settlement with Jason Plummer on the outstanding balance due. He has made payment.

That was the last of the vendor cases I had against Jason. Franny’s was the only one that required a lawsuit be filed to settle.

Consider this an early Thanksgiving present for Oswego Willy.

…Adding… I asked Kent Gray how much the case was settled for. His reply…

Dear Rich,

In response to your request, Franny asked that I provide the following description of the amount paid in settlement by Mr. Plummer:

“The amount paid by Mr. Plummer was approximately the original invoice amount. Ms. Decker agreed to waive the late fees under the original contract in order to reach a mutually agreeable settlement.”

Have a great weekend,

Kent

1. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:04 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - yeah, I’m suppose to not even say nothing about it, but lets say Franny only got 2 of the Power Rangers, k? #winning

Thanks, Rich.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

2. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:07 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I offered Franny 50 cents on the dollar like that Mr.Potter in “It’s A Wonderful Life” since the holidays are fast approaching. #HolidayCheer

3. - Dooooode - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:07 am:

Gonna love this comment thread. Lots of @FakeJasonPlummer please!!!

4. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:07 am:

A perfect marriage. Kent Gray representing Jason Plummer. #skunksatapicnic #bothofyoustoprunning

5. - Formerly Known As... - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:07 am:

Classy move by Mr. Gray to “spike the football”. Press release at noon, sir?

Sounds like someone should have gotten a confidentiality clause in that settlement.

6. - PublicServant - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:08 am:

Plummer is a U of I Alumnus? Does anyone know what he got a degree in?

7. - Lester Holt's Mustache - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:10 am:

“Plummer is a U of I Alumnus? Does anyone know what he got a degree in?”

Aromatherapy?

8. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:13 am:

===Plummer is a U of I Alumnus? Does anyone know what he got a degree in?===

“Legacy Awareness”
    “Family Management”
    “Internal Internship Auditing”
    “Speech Pathology”
    “Creative Writing and Arts”
    “Business Genealogy”

9. - Pot calling kettle - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:13 am:

He got a BA in BS.

10. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:15 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Franny, you wanna split the Illini Basketball tickets again, like always? #StillBuds

11. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:17 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - This was bad nooz. Dad said, “Now back to the bank!” Even fake jobs are hard! #FreeParkingGetsThePot

12. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:19 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - since I did all the legal stuff Dad made me do, now I get to sit at the Adult Table at thanksgiving and everything! #FingersCrossed

13. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:24 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - that was the 20 case I settled, so I guess Mr. Gray got his set of Steak Knives

14. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:26 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I signed a piece of paper for all these saying I won’t say nothing about anything. Easiest part! #CantTalkAboutThingsIDontUnderstandAnywayDuh

15. - A guy... - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:31 am:

Willie, not even tempted to defend Plummer here. No sympathy for people who don’t pay their debts when the money to pay them is there. Besides that, these are funny. Carry on.

16. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:35 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - after all this settling of cases, my allowance won’t even cover my 1 Direction tickets. Now Dad is making me pay with my own money! #AllowanceIsNotHandoutFromDadHonest

17. - shore - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:35 am:

Every night I go to be feeling safer that America has Jason Plummer in the naval reserves standing ready to protect us from bad guys and gals.

18. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:39 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Hey - A guy… -, when did you get to decide who can do what here? Don’t tell me you got that sweet internship Rich offered! #LetRichDecideWhoCarriesOn

19. - A guy... - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:44 am:

O Willie, I didn’t apply. May I use you as a reference?

20. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:48 am:

Master Jason Plummer
    Dad’s House (kinda for now)
    Illinois & a bunch of numbers and stuff

Dear Rich Miller,

My name is Jason Plummer and couple people says you are even looking for an Intern for like your stuff.

I put my other intern stuff in the Lumberyard envelope here, do when you open this, it should all fall out. I have been to Springfield so you don’t need to send directions it a map, but my GPS confusese sometimes, so don’t tell me to be near you quick, just in case.

Dad said you can pay my or not, but wanted me to tell you, to “Just take Jason and be quiet about it!”, do that is my reference too.

After Santa comes and gets me knew stuff, I will be ready four you. So, I am done with this, so I guess I just sign this or something and say bye or whatever.

Kool?

You’re Pal,

Jason P.

p.s. Do I get to meet Oswego Willy, you know to talk to him and stuff..,Jason

21. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 11:53 am:

@FakeJasonPlummer - just applied for @CapitolFax internship. We all know I am awe-some at internships. #PleasePickMePleasePickMe

22. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:01 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I am glad thanksgiving is here. Waiting for the Great Pumpkin during Halloween again is starting to get old, but he will come done day! #SettledFrannyForPeanuts

23. - The KQ - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:01 pm:

Dear Mr. Mustache, thanks for making me laugh so hard I spit soup all over my desk. It was worth it.

24. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:03 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - hey @CapitolFax, if I don’t even get the internship, can I be the Lt. Intern? I got experience in that too. #WellRoundedInternResume

25. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I don’t understand. I apply for jobs with my Dad all the time and find out before my afternoon snack or nap that I got it. #GetDadToHireMeThenApplyAfter

26. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:10 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad says I needed up by not sending references. You know how expensive it is to mail a dictionary and “the rhyme words book”? #WordsHaveOtherMeaningsToo

27. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:12 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Franny, I know we have had some differences, but will you write a letter for me to tell @CapitolFax how kool I am for the interning? #ObviouslyOblivious

28. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:20 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - now that this suit stuff is all done, where are all the suits now, in a closet at Dad’s house? I didn’t even get to wear any if them. #JasonIsMoreOfASweaterGuy

29. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - when I host thanksgiving, I usually serve popcorn and jelly beans #CharlieBrownStyle

30. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 12:30 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - seriously, Franny, I thought we were friends, call me back. Friends work things out #UsuallyWithoutLawyers

31. - Bigtwich - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 1:50 pm:

“Now Dad is making me pay with my own money!”

He has his own money? Who knew?

32. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:04 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Sorry, had to eat all my Spagetti-Os before I could do some tweetering again. #DadSaysJasonKindaDoooos

33. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Franny emailed me, well Franny’s lawyer emailed the Bank Lawyer & said words I needed to look up & stuff. Franny, that 4th thing sounds painful! #ButWeAreStillBusRight

34. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:11 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - getting all kinds of tweeterings now, asking me about irony of now working on a campaign. I irony my shirt every time Bob and I go out, duh! #IsntIronyAVitaminToo

35. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:15 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I was asked if I missed campaigning. Nah, sometimes I go out in my New pickup Dad got me and just wave at people to feel like a parade. #WhyDoPeopleShiwMeOnlyOneFingerWhenTheyWaveBack

36. - Elmira Eddie - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:17 pm:

Ms. Decker’s lawyer’s name sure sounds like the name of the former occupant of the 12th districts southern area 1955-1975 and 1985-1989, Rep. Ken Gray!

37. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:17 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I asked Bob if he wanted me to put magnets of his name on my pickup. Bob, next time just a simple “No” is enough. #SupportByBeingInvisible

38. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:21 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bob running statewide means I might finally get to go to Oswego. Uncle Bill & Uncle Jerry chose to use me for strategerie #MeaningOutOfSightOutOfMind

39. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:24 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - the Bank Lawyer told me one thing that I totally won on versus Franny. I get to go anywheres I want, Franny can’t eve be near me! #WrongInterpretationButWhatever

40. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:27 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Look, Franny, I sent you 3 checks already. Tell the bank people checks signed in Crayon still work to get money from them #JasonKnowsThisAsFact

41. - Arthur Andersen - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:30 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer-This whole thing was a big misundercommunication. I thought Franny was a Fun Consultant. I didn’t have any fun not being Lt Congressman so I didn’t pay her. #BigKidsNeedToHaveFunToo #WearYourKoolGlassesWhenReadingStuff

42. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:45 pm:

Hey - AA -,

I have been in a foyer most of the day doing this and you made me laugh, “laugh” and the door opened to see what I thought was so funny. I don’t need you to make me look foolish, I can do that by myself, thanks! lol

43. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 2:53 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Ha Ha. OW looked foolish, I know that must feel pretty silly #DidIJustAdmitSomething

44. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:05 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I want to thank the GA Leaders for taking the spotlight if me and Franny. As far a Pensions go, every 10 years from now on I get a Luberyard or a bank, so all this confuses me. #PassGoCollectBankIrLumberyard

45. - BoBo - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:18 pm:

Obviously, @FakeJasonPlummer isn’t blanking

46. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - hey “Bobo” if understood your post, I would respond in a way that would be funny to me and yet Nr look Dopey. #TweeteringIsHard

47. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:25 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - hey “Bobo” if understood your post, I would respond in a way that would be funny to me and yet make me look Dopey. #TweeteringIsHard

Stupid phone!

48. - BoBo - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:30 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer, it is, of course, a quote from Phil Ponce to you back on the lite gov run.

49. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:40 pm:

lol.

@FakeJasonPlummer - look “BoBo”, the Uber-Hack Ponce still didn’t best me. I bested me. To be honest, anytime I see “blank” it’s someone swearing at me but being polite, #BlankHasBeenUsedAlotTowardsMe

50. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 3:54 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer -Wanna know something, when I can get all my friends to work on my next campaign, I will run again. Step one; find friends who will trust me. #StepTwoJustForgetIt

51. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Nov 27, 13 @ 4:06 pm:

Before Rich closes up, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and Rich I was very thankful for your gift.

“Sam/Frank”

* School has kid slapped with felony eavesdropping charge
* AG Madigan to file lawsuit challenging "cruel and unconstitutional policy" at southern border
* Rep. Andersson tries a comeback
* CTU's Lewis to retire
* *** UPDATED x2 *** Rauner brags he's "dramatically" reduced Medicaid enrollment, but hit on "failing" computer system
* Fitch: "The enacted budget entails significant implementation risk"
* *** UPDATED x2 - Pritzker campaign calls comments "racist" *** After Black Caucus backlash, Gov. Rauner says he's "Not surprised they're sensitive because the black legislators really have not been serving their community very well"
* Rep. Chad Hays to resign
* The local news memory hole
* No Janus ruling today
* Police chiefs want Rauner to veto hemp bill
* *** UPDATED x1 - Rauner campaign responds *** New Pritzker TV ad blames Rauner for job losses to neighboring states
* *** LIVE COVERAGE ***

* BGA President: Rauner budget a shaky platform f.....
* Statehouse Insider: Wait almost over for Janus .....
* Dragon Boat Race held in Chicago to spread Chin.....
* WWE Hall Of Famer Harley Race comments on Vader.....
* Crain's Chicago Business: Illinois' exi.....
* Miller: It's just one poll in June..
* SVM EDITORIAL: Let schools, not state, determin.....
* School districts nervous about possible $40000 .....
* Gov. Rauner's legacy rests with the US Supr.....
* Morrison says there's no room in budget to .....

* LGBT-friendly affordable housing units to open in Chicago
* Alleged police misconduct may cost Chicago $6 million
* Illinois man flees police, banned from motorcycle for year
* Illinois-Kentucky ferry may sink under rising costs
* Illinois WWII vet receives France's highest honor
* University of Illinois seeks dismissal of free speech suit
* Zoning exception OK'd for seed company near Springfield
* University will honor alumnus who stopped Indiana shooting
* Illinois finalizes its plans to prevent another Russian hack
* EXCHANGE: Marengo families seeking normalcy year after blast

* Illinois finalizes its plans to prevent another Russian hack
* Illinois stands to gain from Supreme Court decision
* Records: Mansion used in Rauner's 'Porcelain Prince' ad got its own tax reduction
* Illinois politicians seek answers to family separations at border
* 80+ years later, Meredosia woman sees the opening of another new bridge
* Chatham man wins Illinois Bicentennial coin design contest
* Rauner to consider allowing medical cannabis for opioid patients
* Bipartisan work yields gun bills, fate rests with Rauner
* Rauner names Justin Blandford curator of Governor's Mansion
* Rauner names Williamsville woman interim HFS director

* Mariano's parent buys turnaround time
* Trump's tariff tweet spurs consternation at local car dealerships
* Illinois' existential problem: Shrinking number of young people
* Chicago set for another big TV year
* Chicago manufacturer automates—then hires

* 2 shot in Washington Park
* Horoscope for June 24, 2018
* Burglars stealing from garages in Logan Square: police
* Tempers flare as ‘searching’ Cubs drop third straight to last-place Reds
* US military moves 100 coffins to North Korean border for war remains
* Trump administration seeks to expand immigrant family detention
* Vote for Pedro: Strop starts All-Star write-in campaign for Albert Almora Jr.
* Man shot in head in Englewood
* Sox blow lead as Dylan Covey exits with injury, lose 7-6 to A’s
* Sox notebook: Miguel Gonzalez, Nicky Delmonico injury updates

* English bulldog Zsa Zsa wins World's Ugliest Dog contest
* Pitcher Edwin Jackson on cusp of tying major-league record by playing for 13th team
* U.S. officials separated him from his daughter. Then he was deported to El Salvador.
* Federal cybersecurity funds aimed at preventing another Russian hack into Illinois' elections
* U.S. moves 100 coffins to North Korean border to collect war remains
* Reds crush Cubs 11-2 for third straight win in series
* Justice Department gives Congress new classified documents on Russia probe
* Willson Contreras says his lack of a 'thank-you' to ump led to bench coach's ejection
* 1 dead, 1 wounded in Englewood shootings
* NHL draft helps Blackhawks with the future; now it's time to look to the present

» ‘That’s A Sad Woman’: Struggling Lincoln Foundation To Sell Monroe, Sandburg Photos
» The Week in Review: Immigration Debate Explodes in Chicago
» Rauner: Black Legislators Not Serving Their Community
» State Week: Online Sales Taxes; CPS Scandal; Rauner Takes On Black Caucus
» WBEZ’s Chicago And Illinois News Roundup: June 22, 2018
» Jurors Get Close-Up View Of Chicago Politics In Probes Of Shootings By Cops
» Ailing Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis Retiring
» Rebecca Makkai, Author Of ‘The Great Believers’; Crowded Starved Rock; Illinois Outdoor Destinations
» Cook County To Hire Sexual Harassment Watchdog
» #656 Hinds & Opinions on Beyoncé and Jay-Z, Parquet Courts & More

* Angie Muhs: Goal of opinion page is to spark discussion and thought
* BGA President: Rauner budget a shaky platform for campaign
* Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln: Women for Women making new connections
* Illinois finalizes its plans to prevent another Russian hack
* Our View: Hearing should focus on solutions for DCFS children
* Statehouse Insider: Wait almost over for Janus decision
* George Will: Charles Krauthammer, a diagnostician of our public discontents
* Ed Rogers: Democrats still have no message on the economy or jobs
* Point: Obamacare's constitutionality ends when its tax ends
* Counterpoint: Injustice reigns as Trump's Justice Department attacks Obamacare

* One arrested after apparent standoff
* Williamson County to let voters decide whether it should be a sanctuary for gun owners
* Healthcare mission provides free care to Southern Illinoisans
* Land of Lincoln hosts clinic to expunge or seal criminal records in Carbondale
* Save Our Streets: Event battles violence, celebrates talent
* Peoria Heights police go live with body cameras
* Troy man arrested, charged with manslaughter and sexual assault
* Relay For Life raises $255,300; more coming in
* Family meets for 100th annual reunion in Decatur
* Lakside Water district lifts boil order

* New Zealand leader names daughter Neve, leaves hospital
* Trump pushes tough immigration stance in Nevada appearance
* MLS Capsules
* Shelton's late goal helps Sporting KC beat Dynamo 3-2
* Han Solo's Blaster from 'Return of the Jedi' tops auction

* Chicago rally protests Trump's border ...
* Illinois finalizes its plans to prevent an...
* Biofuel Trade Groups Express Concerns Abou...
* Illinois' officials weigh in on immigr...
* Opioid bills could net millions for companies
* House subcommittee holds hearing on advanc...
* Farm bill passes House with welfare-to-wor...
* LETTER: Will Rep. John Faso take stand on ...
* 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Connects Di...
* House approves massive opioids legislation

* Across the city, Chicagoans protest Trump ......
* Chicagoans Rally For Border Children To Re......
* How Stephen Miller, the architect behind T......
* Officials Share Info on Immigrant Kids in ......
* WATCH: Democratic candidate Londrigan brin......

* Kankakee not on map...
* Senate Passes Duckworth & Durbin Amend......
* Pulse of the Voters: The increasing influe......
* Tammy Duckworth TV Commercials Ads...
* Mazie Hirono, Tammy Duckworth, and ......

* IIT Hyderabad builds dataset to understand online user-engagement
* Imagining A Blockchain University
* 5 WaysDigital Connectivity is Revolutionising Education
* 4 Powerful Ways to Use Games in eLearning
* Why Companies Are Taking It Upon Themselves to Help Workers Learn New Skills
* Preparing students for workplace of the future
* I'm know I'm late on Korea
* Lionel's Ready For Pride - Are You?
* An Anniversary Worth Bragging About
* Pride Cleaners has a new owner

* Chairman Fratianni selected for national workers' comp leadership role
* Unemployment Rate Continues Falling in All Metro Areas

* BlackBerry security tools are coming to CAT and Land Rover smartphones
* PayPal touts global reach as mobile wallets pop up in APAC
* The Meizu 16 will cost less than $615
* Microsoft unexpectedly drops Windows 7 support for some ancient CPUs
* Nokia 7 Plus ARCore support is now live
* Smartphone World Cup: Round of 16, part 1
* Walmart will begin selling an exclusive monthly DC comic anthology in July

* Most Essential White Sox Vote: Round 35
* White Sox can't hold early lead as Covey exits
* Sox shaken and stirred in loss
* Anderson celebrates birthday with 13th homer
* White Sox pitcher Dylan Covey discusses the groin injury tha...
* Anderson hits 13th homer as Athletics top White Sox 7-6
* Yolmer Sanchez made a heads-up play to catch Dustin Fowler off base...