* From an Illinois State Rifle Association press release…
URGENT ALERT - YOUR ACTION REQUIRED
ANTIGUNNERS TO HOLD PUBLIC MEETINGS ATTACKING CONCEALED CARRY
YOU MUST ATTEND TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT
Gun-grabbing State Representative Laura Fine will be holding a so-called “Public Meeting” on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 in Glenview, Illinois. Joining Fine in organizing the meeting is the extremely anti-gun Cook County State’s Attorneys Office along with the state’s most radical gun control organization, The Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence (ICHV).
Fine claims that this meeting is for the purpose of answering questions the public might have about concealed carry. In reality, the organizers plan to use the meeting to frighten the public and spread lies about the impact of concealed carry on public safety. Fine and the other organizers plan to use this meeting as a recruiting session for ICHV and as a platform to launch efforts to REPEAL CONCEALED CARRY during the 2014 legislative session coming up this spring.
DON’T BE FOOLED - Rep. Fine, the ICHV and the Cook County State’s Attorneys Office want to strip you of your right of self defense, and then come take your guns away.
ARE YOU GOING TO STAND BY AND LET THE GUN GRABBERS TAKE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS?
Of course not. That is why you must stand up now and defend your rights! That is why we must flood Fine’s “Public Meeting” with solid supporters of the 2nd Amendment!
3 THINGS YOU MUST DO TO HELP PROTECT THE FUTURE OF CONCEALED CARRY AND PRESERVE ALL YOUR GUN RIGHTS
1. Attend Rep. Fine’s “Public Meeting” on concealed carry. The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 7:00 PM, Glenview Police Station, 2500 East Lake Street, Glenview. Please plan on being there at 6:15 to make sure that you get a seat. In the past, the gun grabbers have been known to close the doors early to stifle pro-gun voices. Be sure to wear NRA or IGold hats and t-shirts to the event. If you see the media there, approach them and tell them that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you strongly support concealed carry and the right to keep and bear arms. The gun controllers on the panel will surely attack the Second Amendment and your right to keep and bear arms. It is very important that you vigorously defend your rights and enthusiastically support your fellow gun owners when they speak out in defense of our Constitutional rights.
2. Pass this alert on to all your friends and family members…tell them to show up at the meeting as well.
3. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards or blogs to which you subscribe.
* Rep. Fine canceled the meeting…
“The meeting was a question-and-answer session, not a debate on the concealed carry bill,” said Fine, of Glenview.
“Elected officials around the state have been holding these meetings, more so for chambers of commerce because business people want to know how to abide by the law if someone walks into their place with a gun.”
Jim Patterson, Glenview village president, said he read the Illinois State Rifle Association’s posting.
“The wording is strong and by design wanting a conflict. The meeting’s intention was question and answer, not turning it into a debate and setting the stage for conflict,” Patterson said.
He also said the police community room’s capacity limit could be exceeded, and he asked Fine to reschedule the meeting.