Rauner is living in a fantasy world
Thursday, Feb 20, 2014
* “This is the reason I am running,” Bruce Rauner told a Springfield business crowd last year…
* Madigan gets “all his money” from government union bosses? Let’s take a quick look…
* The last time Madigan’s Democratic Party of Illinois committee received AFSCME money was October of 2011, and that was only $5,000.
* And the last time Friends of Michael J Madigan received any AFSCME money was December of 2009 - more than four years ago.
Madigan has received a grand total of $821,200 from AFSCME, but that was since August of 1994, which works out to about $42K a year. Madigan raised more than that this month, including $21,100 from Stand for Children Illinois, which is not exactly a favorite of the teachers unions.
* And the Republicans? As I’ve said here many times before, Republican legislators who vote with AFSCME and the teachers don’t do that because they’ve sold their souls. They vote their districts, or their ideology. Rauner has a different ideology, which includes assuming the worst of anyone who disagrees with him.
He’s gonna be a dangerous governor, that one.