Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Question of the day
Question of the day

Monday, Mar 3, 2014

* Illinois Issues

The Illinois State Police announced [Friday] that 5,000 concealed carry licenses have been approved. They have begun printing and mailing licenses as of today. The state police say residents could begin receiving licenses as soon as Monday.

Applicants are required to pass background checks and complete a 16-hour safety course, including a live-fire exercise. Licenses cost $150 and are good for five years. After five years, licensees must reapply and take a three-hour training course. So far, the state police have received more than 50,000 applications since they began taking them in early January. Supporters of the law say they are happy to see that the police are issuing licenses even earlier than expected. “The state police have done a fantastic job. … We thought we’d be three months before we’d get a permit out. So they’re going to get these permits out a little early,” said Benton Democratic Sen. Gary Forby, who was a sponsor of the concealed carry legislation.

Law enforcement officials can object to applications, and so far the state police have objected to about 800. So far, none of those objections have been appealed. The state police plan to deny about 300 applications after they go through one final review process to ensure that the applicants are indeed ineligible.

* The Question: Are you or is anyone you know planning to apply for a concealed carry license? Take the poll and then explain your answer in comments, please.

web surveys

1. - Belle - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:18 pm:

It seems seems evenly split at the moment.
    No one in our household is interested in guns so we’re not applying for a permit. I’d rather the world operate without guns. Obviously, people who have been trained and have permits are better than people who have no idea what they are doing with weapons.

2. - A guy... - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:21 pm:

I’m a gun rights guy, but not a gun enthusiast myself. I do occasionally clear the sidewalk of snow and bring baked goods over to my more enthusiastic gun owner neighbors. I’ll speed dial them before 911. A big dog is also part of my family. I should have named him ‘Rich Miller’. He looks ferocious, but he’s as friendly as Oscar. He’s fair though and spreads his territory respectfully.

3. - circularfiringsquad - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:26 pm:

last nite at dinner 2 people we are related to discussed best places to go to get CCL training, etc.
    Can’t wait

4. - RonOglesby - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:27 pm:

Waiting for mine now. have had permits from several other states for years now. Illinois has finally caught up.

5. - countyline - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:30 pm:

Out of 6 people in my office, 2 are currently enrolled in training, and I’m waiting until after the rush, as are 2 others in my office. The other won’t bother, not because he’s against it, but because he has too many irons in the fire to take the time for training.

6. - lake county democrat - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:31 pm:

IIRC, a friend of mine is taking a class at college of lake county (that seems strange - maybe it’s nearby or they’re just hosting it) in order to qualify for the license.

7. - G'Kar - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:38 pm:

Just because I am currently not aware of any of my friends and colleagues applying for a license, doesn’t mean that some of them have and just not mentioned it.

8. - Bunson8r - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:49 pm:

Only gun I own is a paintball gun.

9. - olddog - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:49 pm:

Answered no. I live in town, and I don’t raise livestock. I don’t need a gun.

10. - Mason born - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:50 pm:

I have applied. 4 more in my immediate family and inlaws. About 4 coworkers who have mentioned it. Of those I am the only one with an app in.

11. - 47th Ward - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:51 pm:

A very good friend who owns a small restaurant, and thus handles a lot of cash at night, is trained and waiting for his permit.

As much as I pushed back against a lot of the pro-gun arguments, this friend of mine is exactly the kind of person CC was made for. He is responsible, trained, and vulnerable to being robbed, moreso than others. Now he can protect himself.

Here’s hoping he’ll never need to.

12. - Gramps - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:54 pm:

My wife and I live way out in the country and have quite a bit of land. There’s been a few thefts in the area and I just want to make sure all “I”s are dotted and “t”s are crossed. Not that we are expecting any issues.

13. - Johnny Boy - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:55 pm:

Waiting on mine - long time overdue in this neo socialist nanny state.

14. - Toure's Latte - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:57 pm:

I support 2A but have no plans to get a FOID or CC, and guns in our home with kids is a non-starter for both myself and my wife.

15. - RonOglesby - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 12:57 pm:

@ 4th
    “He is responsible, trained, and vulnerable to being robbed, moreso than others.”

I feel that same way, though I dont think he (or I) should have to prove that we are more likely than anyone to be robbed or attacked. believe me, my daughter means more to me than any bag of money I might have.

But you are right about part of that. Trained and responsible gun owners are not the problem.

16. - Norseman - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:00 pm:

No. Don’t travel enough to need one myself.

17. - Louis Howe - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:01 pm:

I am into self-preservation and not exposing myself to needless risky behavior. I am not interested in owning a gun, and don’t at all feel threatened either in my home or public places.

So why would any rational person want to carry a gun in public?

Gun death statistics are far too weighted toward either suicide or violence among family members and friends. I know of three personal friends, all very rational, very educated, who in moment of despair killed themselves with guns. Illinois joining the ranks of states allowing citizens to pack heat in public places—It’s ridiculous.

I am reminded of the Mae West classic line… “is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happily to see me?” For me, I’d rather a woman think that I was just happy to see her.

18. - Been There - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:09 pm:

I voted no. I didn’t have much luck playing around with BB guns when I was kid. Some of those misplaced shots back then would be fatal with a real gun.

19. - wordslinger - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:09 pm:

I’m not. I simply don’t feel the need to carry a gun in public.

Given the number of cell phones and sunglasses I’ve lost over the years, that’s probably just as well for everyone.

But I have friends who have applied. More would if they could shake loose the cash for training.

20. - Hoping for Rational Thought - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:12 pm:

I haven’t taken class yet but will and then apply. I don’t know if I will actually carry much but I do like to have the option. I own guns and keep them locked safely and practice safe handling. I enjoy shooting and hunting. I hope to never be in the situation where I would need to protect myself.

21. - Anonymous - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:14 pm:

At a last a law that grants rights rather than takes them. can local law enforcement also ask for rights to be restored once denied or state troopers overrule?

22. - Plutocrat03 - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:17 pm:

Scheduled for course in April.

Don’t actually plan of carrying, but want that option if the need arises.

Many friends (approx 25%) have either taken, or plan to take the course.

23. - Logic not emotion - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:19 pm:

I took the training last year; but haven’t sent in an application yet. Might this week. Strange as it may sound, my concern was more about the right being recognized than actually exercising it. I.e. I may not take the effort to vote; but I should have the right to do so if I wish…

I have many friends, relatives, and co workers who have or will pursue the permit.

Louis Howe: No need to rehash an old argument or insult those who have a different perspective. Recognition of a constitutional right has finally arrived in Illinois. I suspect the anti’s will see that responsible gun owners are not the problem and that the world will keep spinning; but some (like Mary Shepard) will now be better able to defend themselves. I call that progress.

I assume it is also bringing in a bunch of money to state coffers…

24. - Big Joe - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:19 pm:

I have been trained and have applied. Will probably only carry when traveling with family on the road. Was a near robbery victim while on the interstate with a flat tire on a family vacation. The safety of my family is why I applied.

25. - Logic not emotion - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:22 pm:

Wordslinger: The total cost (training, fingerprint, application) is certainly a barrier to many of the most vulnerable.

26. - wordslinger - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:29 pm:

–The total cost (training, fingerprint, application) is certainly a barrier to many of the most vulnerable.–

Believe me, cousin, my friends who haven’t applied are hardly “the most vulnerable,” by any definition, lol.

They employ logic and prioritize where they spend their money, like on Harleys, bass boats and custom-irons.

But your emotional appeal is duly noted. And I’m sure it will be quite prevalent in coming sessions of the GA.

27. - Todd - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:30 pm:

Started the process last week.

28. - Lake county moderate - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:33 pm:

I voted yes and am awaiting mine now … I hope to see it in my mailbox soon!

29. - wordslinger - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:36 pm:

–Started the process last week.–

Snow geese keep you busy up til now?

30. - Demoralized - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:39 pm:

I’m not applying but I don’t own guns, and believe me the world is safer because I don’t. There are a few people I work with that are applying, and I believe my girlfriend is considering applying.

31. - Smoggie - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:41 pm:

No, I live in Chicago, so I have no need for a gun.

32. - wordslinger - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:44 pm:

–… I believe my girlfriend is considering applying.–

Popping for a long weekend in Miami might be in order….

33. - Demoralized - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:48 pm:

@Word:

Man, I walked right into that one.

34. - wordslinger - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 1:59 pm:

Demoralized, lol, why take any chances?

35. - Anonymous - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 2:05 pm:

Just in 15 year old shot killed in state troopers home sunday.sterling il.

36. - downstate commissioner - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 2:19 pm:

Total cost is $400+. Don’t have the pennies right now to do it, but probably will at some time.(be nice to have it with me driving around at night on rural roads) Know several people who have submitted the application, or are in the process of doing it…

37. - Brian - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 2:24 pm:

I refuse to die without a fight. My family deserves all of the protection I can legally provide.

38. - Ken_in_Aurora - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 2:32 pm:

Applied, approved and waiting for the mail. The first licenses (not permits) were mailed last week and received by a few Saturday.

Louis Howe, you should have stopped after the first paragraph.

Anonymous - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 2:05 pm: Yeah, it’s a horrible situation, but last time I checked ISP Troopers had sidearms before FCCL was passed. What’s your point? Just a chumming attempt?

39. - howie - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 2:48 pm:

Yes, application in progress. Already approved by ISP to conduct training.

40. - Former Merit Comp Slave - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 2:50 pm:

Definitely going to get mine. Waiting until my gun won’t have ice cycles on it. Grew up with guns, my dad taught how to handle responsibly. Always carried when I lived on another state and certainly plan to here.

41. - Walker - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 3:06 pm:

No. Don’t feel the need, here or anywhere else in Illinois.

Had way too much experience with weapons in real life-or-death situations, to want to pretend that civilian like is like that here.

42. - LINK - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 3:08 pm:

Probably will apply and have several friends who have, with one having received his on Saturday.

43. - the Cardinal - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 3:11 pm:

Will be taking the CC class soon and applying immediately after. Its good to have the option in my opinion.

44. - Anonymous - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 3:12 pm:

I voted no. My life experience has found my eyes, ears, and mind (read that awareness and rational thought process) do a far better job for personal protection then being able to carry any concealed weapon ever possibly could provide.

45. - Todd - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 3:17 pm:

No word, session and some other stuff

46. - Chavez-respecting Obamist - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 3:24 pm:

Nope. I have done enough shooting to know I’m terrible at it.

47. - John Boch - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 3:40 pm:

Arrived with today’s mail. Then again, my application was #97.

I’ve carried in many other states under other states’ non-resident permits, but I must say, it ‘feels’ a little different carrying in Illinois.

John

48. - FormerParatrooper - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 3:44 pm:

I shall take the required training in near future and apply later this year.

I was raised with firearms and received the best training that a country kid could receive. Not to mention the excellent training and real world applications that 21 years as a soldier provided.

Whether I will carry or not, or how often is unknown. I do not want to ever use a firearm in defense of myself or others, the firearm is the last line of defense when others fail to use common sense.

49. - Logic not emotion - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 3:46 pm:

Rich: Have you applied / received your permit yet?

50. - Anon-Partisan - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 3:57 pm:

Yes, took the training a month ago but haven’t submitted my application just yet. I live in a very rural area and work with dangerous individuals. Will probably carry in my vehicle more often than strapped on my person, but it’s good to have options in determining my own defensive needs. My hope is that my carry weapon can always remain holstered in public.

51. - Bemused - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 4:15 pm:

Not something I am much interested in myself. I have had some conversations about it with a few friends and was mildly surprised by some who intended to go for it. I am not against guns and did enjoy shooting and hunting in the past. More inclined to go along with Wordslingers friends when spending my money.

52. - ShermanStateEmployee - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 4:17 pm:

Both my wife and I applied on January 5 at 6:00 a.m. ISP site still shows as being reviewed.

53. - Logic not emotion - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 4:21 pm:

I’ve been somewhat surprised at the ratio of women who are applying. I doubt if it is the case statewide; but of the many people I personally know who are applying, the majority are women.

The high cost is keeping some from applying who otherwise would though.

54. - Frosty-The Snowman - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 4:43 pm:

I was thinking about it but it just seemed way too expensive to me. However, I am actually glad to hear that 5,000 other individuals took out their wallets and decided to pay the tab. It is like 5,000 new undercover cops being turned out on the streets of Illinois. And, the best part is that the Illinois taxpayers don’t have to pick up their tab or pay into their pension plans.

Hopefully, future crime statistics will reflect this recent historic event in a positive way by dropping. If I lived or worked in Chicago, then I would definitely have applied for a concealed carry permit.

55. - Sunshine - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 4:54 pm:

Yes, me and lots of people I know, men and women.

I’ll apply later. I had concealed tank training some years back, as we’ll as concealed mortar. Worked out well.

56. - Cook County Commoner - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 4:58 pm:

I expect to do it when the frenzy dies down. I don’t see a need for most people within the next five years. But the steady economic deterioration in Illinois and the US may change a lot of peoples minds. I’ll be well in seniordom in five years, and unless the powers that be come up with some ideas that stem the unemployment rolls, I’d rather have the option as the “safe zones” start shrinking.

57. - Louis Howe - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 5:04 pm:

To Ken-in-Aurora: Most real males understand that some of you guys need to carry something hard and dangerous because you don’t have any below you belts to scare anybody.

58. - Joan P. - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 5:05 pm:

I said, “No”, but I should say, “Not that I know of”.

59. - Gantt Chart - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 6:23 pm:

Voted “Yes, me”. A concealed firearm in the hands of a properly trained, law-abiding citizen, is a valuable piece of safety equipment—like a fire extinguisher. It makes everybody safer because the bad guys never know exactly who’s carrying.

60. - Odysseus - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 7:40 pm:

I have no interest whatsoever in owning a gun.

61. - Ktown - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 9:01 pm:

Yes I will be applying, just to have one around the house I seriously doubt if I ever take it no further than the front porch of my house.

62. - Just The Way It Is One - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 10:00 pm:

Various family members plan to. I, too, may in time, but have a recently diagnosed visual disability, and cataracts, which have not prevented me from hunting but have grown more pronounced of late, so, no pun intended, but we’ll see…!

63. - Madigan Smadigan - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 10:49 pm:

I will apply when I have time to take the classes, but doubt I’ll carry in Illinois unless I get in areas I feel the need to. But I want to be covered legally in any situation.

Any time I travel within the state I have a handgun in my car; cased, unloaded, legal. But it wouldn’t take me 20 seconds to be loaded and armed if needed.

As an Illinois resident, I have held a concealed carry license issued from UTAH for the last two years which allows me to legally carry in 29 states which includes every state that borders Illinois. As soon as I cross into Missouri, the pistol comes out of the case, a clip inserted, then at hands reach or concealed, whichever I choose.

64. - RonOglesby - Tuesday, Mar 4, 14 @ 4:29 am:

@Louis Howe
    Great arguments / attacks. Anything good to add or just wanting to insult?

65. - Logic not emotion - Tuesday, Mar 4, 14 @ 9:09 am:

Louis Howe @5:04: Thanks for sharing an excellent insight into the minds of those who have the anti-gun mentality. It shines like a beacon as an example for those who fail to understand why pro-rights people get frustrated trying to reason with the other side.

66. - Ken_in_Aurora - Tuesday, Mar 4, 14 @ 11:32 am:

- Louis Howe - Monday, Mar 3, 14 @ 5:04 pm:

Been saving that one up, eh? Cool story, bro.

67. - coldbore - Friday, Mar 21, 14 @ 1:00 pm:

It’s America…it’s my right.

* Hastings circulating petitions for SoS and AG as Ald. Burnett declares he's not circulating
* Backlogged bills hit a new high this week
* "The overall news is good" about Asia trade trip
* Rate the Sen. Kwame Raoul AG campaign announcement video
* Raoul takes "full responsibility" for "bad" Erika Harold comment, Maze Jackson apologizes to listeners
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Durkin says he doesn't think Illinois "needs to give away the store" to snag Amazon
* Biss tries to explain the Ramirez-Rosa matter
* *** UPDATED x1 *** SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Legislative candidate announcements
* An argument against assisting the St. Louis Amazon bid
* Why did Lisa Madigan retire?
* Currency exchanges say they want higher fees to boost lagging profits
* DGA tour coverage roundup
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Illinois economy "stuck in neutral"
* The great exodus
* Rauner signs civil asset forfeiture reform bill
* Harold unveils long list of legislator endorsements

* Certain Regulatory Shackles Lifted from Nurses .....
* IDHS To Increase Eligibility For Child Care Ass.....
* Rauner Signs Asset Forfeiture Bill - Alton Dail.....
* New Illinois law gives nurses additional tools .....
* 2 Investigators: Firm Claims Political Retaliat.....
* Bernard Schoenburg: Democrats highlight Rauner’.....
* Our View: Diverse voices needed as Statehouse m.....
* Southern Illinoisans see good, bad in Lisa Madi.....

* Authorities: Illinois father killed sons, set house on fire
* Life term reduced for Illinois woman in 4-year-old's death

* Raoul enters AG race, apologizes for 'Miss America' comment
* AG candidate Raoul apologizes for 'bad characterization' of opponent
* Report: Payments for treatment of addictions, mental illness often denied
* Republican McClure will run against McCann in 50th Senate district
* Republican McClure will run against McCann in the 50th Senate district
* Rep. Drury leaves governor's race to run for attorney general
* Rauner signs revamp of EDGE business tax-credit
* Rauner to lawmakers: Help me balance the budget
* Bernard Schoenburg: Running mates help balance governor tickets
* Statehouse Insider: AFSCME contract suit may not be heard until next year

* Guggenheim's CEO said to seek control of insurer in shake-up
* Cook County Health to buy piece of struggling insurer's Medicaid biz
* State expects solid dividends from Asia trade trip
* As other guvs rail against Obamacare repeal, Rauner clears his throat
* How Graham-Cassidy would play out in Illinois

* 2 men critically hurt in Grand Crossing shooting
* Mexico quake rescuers struggle to free girl, other survivors
* Bigger and louder isn’t better for ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’
* Dear Abby: Co-workers laugh at my fear of blood
* Georgia Nicols horoscopes for Sept. 21, 2017
* 55-year-old woman from Nigeria missing from Mercy Hospital
* Parents of woman killed in 2015 crash on Kennedy Expressway sue driver
* CPD to outline new public safety reform training regimen
* Lester on persistent command woes: ‘There’s nothing physically wrong’
* Abreu reaching select company with historic production

* Families, friends worry over Puerto Rico hurricane, Mexico City quake
* Maria destroys homes, triggers flooding in Puerto Rico, leaving island without power
* Google bites off big piece of HTC in $1.1B bet on devices
* Seoul to resume aid to North Korea but doesn't set date
* Mexico rescuers race to free girl, other survivors after quake that killed at least 230
* Jon Lester's woes hover over Cubs entering NL Central showdown in Milwaukee
* Jon Lester has lack-of-command performance as Rays knock him out, win 8-1
* SEC reveals 2016 hack of filing system that may have led to illegal trading
* Cubs, pesky Brewers set to face off again for four games at Wrigley North
* Man critically hurt in West Side shooting, at least 2 others shot in city

» State Sen Raoul To Run For Illinois Attorney General In 2018
» Suit: Pregnant Illinois Officer Forced To Take Unpaid Leave
» Palestinian Activist To Be Deported To Jordan From Chicago
» Looking For Analog: Old Button-Mashing Arcades Come Back For A New Generation
» County In Illinois To Use Grant To Aid Endangered Bumblebee
» Canada Could Stop Dealing With Boeing Over Dispute
» Currency Exchanges Pushing Fee Increase
» 3 Big Takeaways On Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s Decision To Not Run For Reelection
» Judge: Sessions Can't Deny Grant Money For Sanctuary Cities
» State Week: Blagojevich Speaks; (Lisa) Madigan & Currie Leaving

* Our View: Diverse voices needed as Statehouse makeup poised to change
* Bernard Schoenburg: Democrats highlight Rauner's 'broken record'
* Kathleen Parker: The New Center seeks volunteers
* Raoul enters AG race, apologizes for 'Miss America' comment
* AG candidate Raoul apologizes for 'bad characterization' of opponent
* Report: Payments for treatment of addictions, mental illness often denied
* E.J. Dionne: The priority is still to save Obamacare
* Over DACA, an acute case of Trump panic syndrome
* Ralph Martire: Illinois needs to make higher education a priority
* Catherine Rampell: A chilling study shows college students hostile toward free speech

* Police Beat
* Madison County board gives EMA director a raise, votes down vehicle-tracking program
* Illinois Lottery
* Local results for Wednesday, September 20
* Crimsons fall to Devils
* Fling: In Brief
* Library sets down roots (music) in backyard
* Brown, Pike receive emergency grants
* Letter to the editor: Eavesdropping truth is out, but explanation not
* Steam show maintains, updates heritage

* Girls golf: Carmel tops Nazareth
* Psychiatrist: Naperville woman believed she was killing the devil
* Girls volleyball: Fillies go to 4-1 in MSL West
* Boys soccer: St. Viator fights back for 2-2 tie
* Wauconda will play -- to honor coach Ryback

* Rep. Randy Hultgren announces 2017 Congres...
* Congressman Randy Hultgren Visits Raue Cen...
* Hultgren pushes for CHIP funding ahead of ...
* Indivisible billboard targets Hultgren, Ro...
* Good government - The Daily Progress
* Hultgren pleads for continued funding of f...
* Hultgren Welcomes United Kingdom Commitmen...
* 14th District Democratic candidates square...
* Montgomery mayor hosts health care forum a...
* What suburban members of Congress say abou...

* DuPage getting $390000 to fight opioid epi......
* DuPage getting $390000 to fight opioid epi......
* DuPage getting $390000 to fight opioid epi......

* DuPage getting $390000 to fight opioid epi......
* DuPage getting $390000 to fight opioid epi......
* DuPage getting $390000 to fight opioid epi......

* Retailers get defensive about pop prices
* “The Driver’s Side” – News From The Motorist’s Perspective
* Frappuccinos With The Fuzz! Macchiatos With The Man!
* EXTRA: Video blasts from Chgo past
* Illinois REALTORS® support Legacy Awards in Springfield
* 4 more ways for REALTORS® to stay safe and protect their customers
* Barrido fundraiser set for Wednesday, October 4 in River Forest
* CTA Video Of Wilson Station, Past and Present
* If Teachers Unions Are So Great, Why Aren’t Our Schools?
* You're Invited To A Patio Party At Lawrence House On Saturday

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* What does Google’s partnership with HTC mean for you?
* Three-year-old Nexus Player officially gets Android Oreo after nasty-looking bug
* Analyst: iPhone X delayed as mass production has not even started yet
* Myst-Like Puzzle Game 'The Witness' Now Available From the App Store
* Google Purchases HTC's Pixel Division for $1.1 Billion
* Google buying HTC smartphone-related units for $1 billion
* Google makes a major investment in HTC in exchange for employees and IP portfolio

* Fulmer faces test against AL West champs