Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » “Evelyn loves the Springfield area”
“Evelyn loves the Springfield area”

Monday, Aug 11, 2014

* Evelyn Sanguinetti contacted a former law school classmate who is a staff attorney at the Illinois Department of Human Rights about getting a state job before she was tapped to be Bruce Rauner’s running mate

“Hello Honey — With the New Year, I am seeking other employment opportunities. Is anything available in ur hood?” she wrote in an email to the attorney [on the afternoon of Jan. 1, 2013].

The worker responded a day later, saying nothing was open and that state government was in the midst of a budget-related round of layoffs. But he suggested she file her resume with the state’s main hiring agency in order to get the process moving. […]

And, the Wheaton resident added, “Isn’t cow tipping a work requirement in Springfield (LOL)?”

Schrimpf suggested the comment wasn’t meant as a dig about downstate Illinois.

“The cow tipping reference was a jovial exchange … Evelyn loves the Springfield area, and unlike Pat Quinn, who spends the bulk of his time in Chicago, she looks forward to working in the capital region next year,” Schrimpf said.

Have at it, campers.

* Meanwhile, let’s go back to that new Sun-Times poll

When asked who was “better prepared to serve as governor if the need arises,” 45 percent of respondents gave the nod to the former Chicago Public Schools CEO, Vallas, who ran for governor in 2002. Wheaton City Councilwoman Sanguinetti drew support from 35 percent of those polled.

That ain’t much of a help to Quinn.

* Crosstabs

1. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 10:58 am:

Oh “Slip and Sue”…

Thank goodness she didn’t even get an interview. The carpet at the JRTC are primed for her to have another Personal Injury lawsuit to teach lessons again…

“Look, you bring me on as a Staff Attorney, like magic, the lawsuit goes away…”

……..

2. - Nieva - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 10:58 am:

Who is the third party candidate again??

3. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:00 am:

@FakeSlipAndSue - I can’t stand how Pat Quinn rubs this state, I wanted to apply to work in one if his agencies #3ReferencesInclude2Rauners

4. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:02 am:

@FakeSlipAndSue - Hello Honey, still working with Rubes? #RaunerLovesCondesending

5. - 3rd Generation Chicago Native - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:03 am:

I can’t help but see there is a Sarah Palin type element present here.

6. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:06 am:

@FakeSlipAndSue - I don’t tip the cows, I click my heels three times and they fall on their own. The rubes in Springfield are mesmerized #Slip&SueKnowsAboutFalling

7. - LizPhairTax - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:07 am:

Excellent pivot, Mr. Schrimpf but…

As someone who lives up north but spends a lot of time in Springfield the only thing I find more annoying than the “Springfield sucks” attitude that a lot of people bring down 55 with them is the inherent condescension in pretending to like it when you don’t.

8. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:08 am:

@FakeSlipAndSue - I couldn’t get work with Pat Quinn, but I got Bruce Rauner to “hire” me, although I have no qualifications for the job. #WhosTheSmartOne

9. - steve schnorf - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:09 am:

Jesus-staff work, staff work, staff work…..

10. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:10 am:

@FakeSlipAndSue - I am always amazed that Springfield has stoplights and electricity, running water and television #RubesAreFunToLearnAbout

11. - Nearly Normal - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:12 am:

there is no designated mansion for the Lite Guv in Springfield. She will have to find a place to stay while in the Capital City. Perhaps a room at a nursing home that is handicapped accessible so she won’t Slip and Sue

12. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:13 am:

@FakeSlipAndSue - no one asked if I ever emailed anyone from the Quinn Administration for a job, so I didn’t think it was important to tell them #AtLeastItWasntUnionWork

13. - Arizona Bob - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:15 am:

I wonder where current Lt Guv Sheila Simon would come in this comparison were she included in the poll.

My guess is that she couldn’t do much better than “Slip and Sue”.

The simple fact is that the Lt Guv has virtually no impact as to how voters will vote for Guv. There SHOULD have been a question asking voters how much of a factor the Lt Guv candidate will be.

Quinn chose Vallas because he’s the ideal foil for the “good cop/bad cop” candidate routine. Vallas comes out doing the nasty stuff, and Quinn comes out as the critical, but civil, elder statesman. I don’t think it’s working too well.

Why is Vallas in this? Win, lose or draw his current “consultant” gig, and those likely promised to him even if Quinn loses, will likely pay off for him financially. He’s pretty much burned many of his national education bridges at this point, so he has to get back on the clout train.

14. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:16 am:

@FakeSlipAndSue - I told Bruce this weekend at least it wasn’t for a job in the Dept. of Insurance. #PersonalInjuryLawsuitHumor

15. - Black Ivy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:17 am:

“Udder” disbelief! Ha, crazy season is certainly “here! This e-mail is irrelevant in the larger scheme of things. Vallas’ time has come and gone - just ask anyone who touched the Chicago Public Schools under his long reign. I, for one, am interested in learning more about Snaguinetti, the only woman on the Governor/Lt. Governor ballot. #paythemnomindevelyn

16. - Western Ave. Doug - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:18 am:

I’m suprised that an unknown candidate is polling at 35% compared to a pretty well known Vallas at 45%. 30% say both, neither or I don’t know.

17. - A guy... - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:20 am:

Oh yikes. There isn’t an urban or suburban person who doesn’t have a little fun with the rural nature of Springfield. “Buttercow” at the fair, etc. If the former law school classmate leaked the email, I’d retitle them as a former Law School jerky classmate. Just as downstaters have a little fun about the “features” of the Chicago metro area, folks north of I-80 have a little fun with their “features”. This is stupid. It’s not even incendiary on any level and I’ve heard tons worse.

The cross tabs on this poll aren’t the least bit alarming. If you have a longer memory, just contemplate that “the best thing about Pat Quinn is Paul Vallas”. Wow. I think those enthusiastic IEA’ers ought to have Paul expound on his education philosophies for them to consider. You’d get some quotes from that.

18. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:20 am:

Good pivot - Arizona Bob -, right upbtobyhe first part where Sheila Simon ain’t running this time.

Slip and Sue is Jason Plummer, but with an email asking for a Quinn Administration job, and mocking Springfield to boot.

For you - Arizona Bob -;

@FakeSlipAndSue - Paul Vallas is lucky. I couldn’t get a job with Pat Quinn, now he gets to run with him! #SlipAndSueDeniedBeforeApplying

19. - LincolnLounger - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:20 am:

The back story on how he came to choose her of all people would be interesting.

20. - A guy... - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:22 am:

I’m sorry Willie, did you see the word “Rube” somewhere in a quote that is causing you to make liberal use of the term? I haven’t, but I could be amiss in my reading. Otherwise it’s you, Willie attributing that term to downstaters, isn’t it?

If you inferred, implied or assumed, perhaps you could exercise a bit of intelligence and a bit more fairness.

21. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:25 am:

===The back story on how he came to choose her of all people would be interesting.===

Slip and Sue found out where Bruce lived, slip and fell on his driveway, threatened to sue, or be his running mate. Pretty straight forward snark…

When Bruce asked she be vetted, a Rauner tracker gave her a ride back to Wheaton in a Corvette, misunderstanding just about everything.

22. - Norseman - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:27 am:

Sue, I take great exception to that remark. I haven’t tipped a cow in 5 years. To use a phrase from the future Governor, Sue you’re a “dope.”

Actually, having shoveled manure at my uncle’s farm in Yorkville during a few summer “vacations.” The closest I’ve been to cows was watch the kids milk one at the State Fair.

23. - DuPage - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:31 am:

Slip and Sue, Springfield is a great place to move to. Please do so at your own expense! I’m sure you could find work at some law office that specializes in suing the state. If not Springfield, somewhere, anywhere, far away from Wheaton.

24. - A guy... - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:33 am:

Norse, be honest. The closest you’ve come to cows is your: Having a cow daily every time you see Rauner’s name in print.

25. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:35 am:

===, I’d retitle them as a former Law School jerky classmate.===

Politics ain’t beanbag. Slip and Sue wrote it and wanted to work in the Quinn Administration.

All. True.

===This is stupid.===

Call

Insinuating those who live in Springfield are a bunch of Rubes? Yeah, stupid on Slip and Sue’s part…

But…

If working for Pat Quinn’s Administration meant joking about downstate and central Illinois, Slip and Sue had no problem pandering to get a job…with Quinn.

26. - Phenomynous - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:35 am:

Willy, I agree with a guy on this whole “rube” thing. Telling the downstaters how “you” really feel?

27. - Just Observing - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:37 am:

=== The simple fact is that the Lt Guv has virtually no impact as to how voters will vote for Guv. ===

While I generally agree, and would contend the same theory generally applies to Vice Prez of the U.S. nominee, I don’t think that is always the case, specifically McCain’s choice of Palin. The Palin pick cast doubt in some people’s minds as to the judgment of McCain, and arguably the pick cost McCain votes.

28. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:38 am:

Rubes - n. Country bumpkins.

From the email;

“Isn’t cow tipping a work requirement in Springfield (LOL)?”

Why not Chicago?

Hmmm.

29. - OLK 73 - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:39 am:

What happened to the push to eliminate Lt. Gov and I think it was Treasurer?

30. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:39 am:

“I don’t know about that.

Signed,

Gov. Quinn,
    Elevated for Lt. Governor”

31. - Namaste - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:41 am:

A guy: This email wasn’t leaked. It was part of a larger FOIA seqarch. From the article: “Email records obtained by the Quad-City Times’ Springfield Bureau…”

32. - Chicago Cynic - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:41 am:

33. - Precinct Captain - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:41 am:

Could she not cut it in the private sector?

34. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:42 am:

- Norseman -, the Kendall County Fair was last week. Good stuff there.

Slip and Sue made it quite clear that Springfield, to her, represents country bumpkin ways, like Cow Tipping.

I didn’t. Slip and Sue did.

35. - Skeptic - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:43 am:

“there is no designated mansion for the Lite Guv in Springfield.” Maybe that’s because large livestock is illegal within the city limits? I mean, if Lite Guv can’t tip cows for entertainment, what in the world is she supposed to do with her time?

36. - A guy... - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:46 am:

===Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:38 am:

Rubes - n. Country bumpkins.

From the email;

“Isn’t cow tipping a work requirement in Springfield (LOL)?”

Why not Chicago?

Hmmm.===

Silliest explanation of the day is uncontested. Good work Willie. Where I reside, folks think of Oswego similarly to Springfield as they view it as out in the country. Many haven’t been there, so they don’t know.
    Ignorance is bliss. Like your silly extrapolation winding up in it being ok for you to throw around the term “rube”. Tactless even from you. Those are your words being wrongly attributed to someone else.

37. - Shark Sandwich - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:46 am:

The cow tipping remark is all in good fun. What I simply can’t abide is this: “…in ur hood”.

38. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:50 am:

===Ole Rich is a Journo, they have a term for dudes who apply their words to someone else. They also have a phrase for the folks who do it: Stop it.===

Rich can speak for himself;

When you have your own blog, you can make the rules;

The fact you are just being an apologist, trying to silence others reminds me that ole Slip and Sue is everything but qualified to lead the 5th largest state in America, and now couldn’t even get an interview with the Quinn Administration.

Stop what? Mocking the Jason Plummer of 2014?

39. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:51 am:

From Rich…

“Have at it, campers.”

Hmmm.

40. - A guy... - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:52 am:

===Chicago Cynic - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:41 am:

Wow A Guy, you really will be an apologist for anything the Rauner folks do, won’t you. The woman just insulted most of the state. But I guess you don’t see a problem with that. Cow-tipping? How about brain-tipping?====

Wow Cynic, did she really? Did the Cow Tipping Contest really hit you where you live dude? Don’t show up for the “Husband calling contest” down there at the farm, you’ll be too offended no matter which end of the call you’re on. But thanks for letting me know that “most of the state” is insulted. I didn’t know.

Shame on me for saying this, but…I don’t believe you.

41. - A guy... - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:54 am:

===Rich can speak for himself;====

Waah. Yes he can.

==When you have your own blog, you can make the rules;===

I think you get to call out sock puppets here. The rules say so.

42. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:56 am:

Oh, - A Guy… -,

Slip and Sue wanted to work in the Quinn Administration, and used country bumpkin humor to get a paycheck.

I am glad she didn’t even get an interview, she is the gift that keeps slipping and falling!

43. - Toure's Latte - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 11:57 am:

Shows Vallas needs a prominent role in the election to draw out #Slip&SueKnowsAboutFalling.

She fell down at the Wheaton College Avenue train station and, after several years as an attorney representing government in civil suits, sued every governmental agency with an interest in the station in a civil suit.

Paint her as next in line if Rauner wins. That will change some minds.

44. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 12:11 pm:

@FakeSlipAndSue - now everyone knows why CMS is a target of this campaign. #SlipAndSueNeedNotApply

45. - Norseman - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 12:13 pm:

=== the Kendall County Fair was last week. Good stuff there ===

Never been. Sandwich Fair was the big one for my family. I think there was more farm implements for my dad to look at. Occassionally went to Grundy - Mazon and Morris. Went to Kane more when I helped staff the Republican Tent. One of these years of your administration we can take the state helicopter up for an official visit.

46. - A guy... - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 12:14 pm:

Willie, she starts by saying: With the New Year, I am seeking other employment opportunities.-
    More specifically with: the Illinois Department of Human Rights. I’m not wired in, but that would seem to be a generally non-partisan agency. Maybe not. It certainly fits with her education and professional background. It fits with much of her work locally. I’m not sure everyone sees a job with a state agency as a job with the Quinn Administration. I believe there are still Republicans working for the State of Illinois. In fact, I’m reminded here regularly.

She may not have filed the resume. So you saying “I’m glad she didn’t get an interview” is kinda consistent with your other implied posts today. Do you know she didn’t? Do you know if she filed a resume? Do you know if she notified anyone that she would no longer be in a position to take an interview with her changing situation? Do you know that she wouldn’t get an interview otherwise?

Mostly we know what you don’t know. You’re the only one who doesn’t seem to know that. But, you type inferences instead. You’re having just about the lousiest day you’ve ever had on this blog.

47. - CircularFiringSquad - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 12:17 pm:

“Hello Honey”
    So even when they put Slip&Sue on lock down her legacy trips her up so to speak. Let’s get Kurt drunk and find who Honey is and call Honey at IDHR and get some fill on Slip&Sue in school…gotta be priceless. Then of course she was a meirt hire by jRYAN so maybe slip an email there to see if she ever did any work.

48. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 12:17 pm:

- Norseman - ,

Use to catch the Sandwich Fair “Demolition Derby” as a kid. Great fair.

As long as you and I don’t get the helicopter stuck in the mud, we will use it to Fair Hop…when I am elected with you running the Shop.

49. - crazybleedingheart - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 12:26 pm:

The Sandwich Fair (aka dekalb co fair but nobody calls it that) is the biggest county fair in IL.

50. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 12:27 pm:

- A Guy… -,

Um, agencies are part of the administration.

Otherwise, all the attacking Rauner does on state agencies and blaming Quinn would make no sense, lol

===Do you know she didn’t? Do you know if she filed a resume? Do you know if she notified anyone that she would no longer be in a position to take an interview with her changing situation? Do you know that she wouldn’t get an interview otherwise?===

if you want the story now being Slip and Sue and her quest for employment, I like that conversation.

I love talking Slip and Sue.

===You’re having just about the lousiest day you’ve ever had on this blog.===

Are you grading on a curve, or just straight-up lousy?

@FakeSlipAndSue - it would be fun to discuss how far I got in the process; the lengths I would go to work for Pat Quinn’s Administration. #DontJudgeMe

51. - crazybleedingheart - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 12:27 pm:

Sorry for the detour. Excited: only 3 weeks and 2 days away!

52. - VanillaMan - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 12:58 pm:

Cow tipping!
    That is so hilarious!

I’ve never heard anything so funny in all my life. I would so love to be in on her jokes because she sounds like the witty charmer we need as Lt. Governor!

If she ever gets a chance to review Capitol Fax, perhaps she can use some of my other knee-slappers to win over friends when she gets down here!

1.) Make jokes about watching Hee-Haw!
    2.) Ask folks if they brush their teeth!
    3.) Make a joke about eating a horse shoe!
    4.) Nothing funnier than a corn joke!
    5.) I bet no one has ever heard about how Springfield rolls up the sidewalks after dark!

Hey - did you hear the one about the condescending candidate who thinks downstate Illinoisans ride tractors to work downtown?

Well, let’s hope we don’t.

53. - MrJM - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 1:04 pm:

Is 20% still the proper rate when cow tipping?

– MrJM

54. - 47th Ward - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 1:10 pm:

Somebody tell her that cow tipping is an urban myth and anybody dumb enough to try to sneak up on a half-ton animal at night gets what they deserve.

55. - PoolGuy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 1:22 pm:

47th Ward besides movie Tommy Boy i’ve never known anyone to try it and i grew up in small towns.

56. - A guy... - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 1:45 pm:

Legend has it that it’s more of a Dakota Territory kind of thing.

57. - Skeptic - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 1:47 pm:

“cow tipping is an urban myth” Although othouse tipping is not. Maybe she should have gone with that instead?

58. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 1:58 pm:

- A Guy… -.

===Legend has it that it’s more of a Dakota Territory kind of thing.===

===“Isn’t cow tipping a work requirement in Springfield (LOL)?”===

Not according to Slip and Sue…

59. - Soccermom - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 2:20 pm:

Mr JM, that is hilarious.

Incidentally, it’s worth noting that my rural-raised mother still gets indignant about her uncle’s wife coming down from CHICAGO to make little wisecracks about people who live in the COUNTRY. My mother still can’t stand Chicago or the people who live here.

That incident, by the way, happened about 70 years ago…

Sue, people have long memories when it comes to city mice making jokes about their country cousins….

60. - Soccermom - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 2:28 pm:

BTW
    The practice of cow tipping is generally considered an urban legend, as cows do not sleep standing up, and the implication that a cow can be pushed over and not stand up again is incorrect, as, unless injured, cows routinely lie down and can easily regain their footing. The implication that rural citizens seek such entertainment due to lack of other alternatives is also generally viewed as a stereotype.

61. - Anonymous - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 2:32 pm:

working for the people of illinois is magical thinking

62. - steve schnorf - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 2:33 pm:

Yeah, generally over in my part of the state we tipped sheep. Cows are big.

63. - A guy... - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 2:37 pm:

We tipped valets….reluctantly.

64. - Rich Miller - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 2:39 pm:

…And doormen.

65. - Dave Dahl - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 2:42 pm:

My dad always said you could tell it’s about to rain when the cows are lying down.

Cows standing up in the rain? Dumb cows.

Half the cows lying down? Fifty percent chance of rain.

66. - Oswego Willy - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 2:42 pm:

…bathroom attendants.

67. - walker - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 2:44 pm:

Thought it was from “The Onion.”

68. - Siriusly - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 3:53 pm:

That cow tipping joke is idiotic. She is emailing asking for a job and making fun of the place. Not to mention as a government official she really should know that all emails are subject to FOIA. Seriously, she makes Sarah Palin look smart.

69. - Skeptic - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 3:56 pm:

“rural citizens seek such entertainment due to lack of other alternatives. . .” Exactly right. After all they can shoot holes in Stop signs too. Now THAT never gets old!

70. - Rich Miller - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 4:00 pm:

===Now THAT never gets old!===

Yep.

71. - A guy... - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 4:09 pm:

The rurals have nothing on the urbans when it comes to shooting stop signs…or anything else for that matter.

72. - Amalia - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 5:45 pm:

keep “criminalizing” Sanguinetti out of Springfield!

73. - Arthur Andersen - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 5:58 pm:

You guys can joke all you want, but the “Butter Cow” has been under 24 hour State Police guard ever since this came to light.
    #donttipthisoneEvelyn

74. - 'YellerstainBluez - Monday, Aug 11, 14 @ 8:50 pm:

Evelyn Sanguinetti is NOT funny - but she is a joke . piano major ? Slip and sue ? A heat beat away from being in charge of the 5th largest state in the USA ? I seriously am reconsidering my perhaps hastily found admiration for Rauner. The more I think about it - the more I feel that Rauner is not what he claims - and IS just trying to buy this election. As for Sanguinetti - she seems quite the tag along sleezebag . This gruesome twosome is looking less appealing day by day.

* Call for bipartisan cooperation met with accusations
* Kennedy talks property taxes, school funding, but won't reveal his "fix"
* ILGOP targets Rep. Martwick with robocall
* Unclear on the concept
* Pritzker robocall: "Don't believe Bruce Rauner's lies"
* Inside the Senate Democrats' minds
* It's just a bill
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Rauner again refuses to accept responsibility or admit mistakes
* Pritzker to get firefighter nod, runs new ads, slammed by Trib, ILGOP
* "Right To Know" Is Wrong For Illinois. Vote No On SB1502
* *** UPDATED x1 - Rauner blames "procurement process" *** Another day, another warehouse lease probed
* CPS borrowing tab rises to $900 million
* Caption contest!
* Citigroup "strongly" urges clients to buy Illinois bonds
* Fingers point over continued Chicago population loss
* After years of ginning up pension envy, BGA finally clears the air
* *** UPDATED x1 - Pritzker responds *** Rauner gets deer in the headlights look after Proft question
* Department of Revenue finds problems with proposed service tax
* *** LIVE *** Session coverage

* Push for downtown Springfield casino taking sha.....
* Push for Springfield casino taking shape - Peor.....
* Political theater on House floor; Dems meet to .....
* Illinois Chamber of Commerce: Seize the Opportu.....
* Push for Springfield casino taking shape - The .....
* Editorial: Yet again, state gouges people for i.....
* Editorial: Automatic voter registration, yes..
* Push for smaller Springfield casino taking shape..
* Revamped plan to raise sentences for some gun c.....
* House Democrats take time on Senate budget cons.....

* Metra to repair, replace bridges, build new station
* Chicago court stays deportation of pizza worker to Mexico
* Illinois sheriff halts plans for immigrant detention center
* Man sentenced to life for 2 deaths in botched bank robbery
* Bill would ease gender-ID change for transgender citizens
* Jury convicts Chicago woman for spending grants on herself
* House OKs plan to restore Chicago schools' elected board
* Census: Texas has 4 of top 5 fastest growing large US cities
* Life sentence for deaths of 2 women in botched bank robbery
* Chicago Ferris wheel hits 1M riders shy of 1-year birthday

* Push for downtown Springfield casino taking shape
* Push for Springfield casino taking shape
* Push for smaller Springfield casino taking shape
* Census: Springfield population drops below 2010 levels
* Census: Springfield-Sangamon Co. population drops below 2010 levels
* Senate panel questions state warehouse leasing process
* Senate committee questions the leasing process in which Illinois acquires warehouses
* Trump budget draws different Illinois reviews
* Bernard Schoenburg: Senate Democrats take action; situation still tense
* Illinois House begins review of Senate Democrats' budget plan

* Union Station is on its way back, but it needs one more thing
* The hidden Union Station: Take a tour
* Is the Sean Hannity advertiser revolt Bill O'Reilly all over again?
* Sears stock rises after company posts first profit since 2015
* Illinois to receive $1 million of Johnson & Johnson settlement

* Sox prospect tosses 7-inning, no hitter at Class 4A Charlotte
* Men sue Willow Creek Community Church, allege sex abuse by counselor
* Man shot by police officer in Austin is charged with attempted murder
* 2 wounded in Aurora shooting
* Political theater on House floor; Dems meet to discuss budget
* Cubs escalate quickly on winning homestand, finish off Giants 5-1
* Promising chiller ‘Black Butterfly’ wrecked by one twist too many
* Fugitive convicted of selling heroin in Elgin at missed court date
* Jared Kushner’s actions under scrutiny in Trump-Russia probe: reports
* Police Supt. Eddie Johnson’s son to give him a kidney next month

* All aboard: Joliet Rocket steamin' into town
* Cheap out: Five fun things to do for free
* Quigley says Russia probe is 'in its infancy'
* Chicago in epicenter of charter school teacher contract disputes
* Local veterans sought for Library of Congress oral history project
* Illinois Tollway board approves $25 million Route 53 study
* Man charged with sexually assaulting 16-year-old girl
* LeBron James breaks Michael Jordan's playoff scoring record
* Montana election pits candidate's behavior against GOP partisan loyalties
* Boy who played catch with Cubs' Willson Contreras cherishes memory

» Judge Refuses To Dismiss Murder Case Against Chicago Cop Who Shot Laquan McDonald
» Chicago Firm Will Run $1 Billion Overhaul Of Union Station
» State Committee Approves Tougher Sentences For Repeat Gun Offenders
» Census Data: Chicago Lost 9,000 More Residents Last Year
» Does New Neighborhood Watch Reduce Crime Or Create Resident-Cops?
» Illinois Issues: Should 10-Year-Old Kids Be Kept In Juvenile Detention?
» Chicago Public Schools Look To Borrow $900 Million

* St. Louis man convicted of murder in Brooklyn strip club shooting
* St. Louis man convicted of murder in 2015 Brooklyn strip club shooting
* Flood stage bumped to 17 feet at Lock and Dam 15
* SJ-O baseball crushes PBL, makes sectional final
* Boys' state track notes: ALAH's Hall seeks two titles
* B-H's Reifsteck, teammates up ante at track prelims
* Area prep statistics: Baseball (May 26)
* NCAA men's golf championships primer
* Senators praise, honor Roger Walker with road designation
* Walmart gets approval from Belleville panel

* Bloomingdale murder suspect testifies that shooting was accident
* Baseball: Hampshire, Geneva earn semifinal victories
* Softball: At full strength, Lake Zurich handles Buffalo Grove
* Baseball: Naperville Central's Eiermann shuts down Oswego
* Baseball: Seidel swings away as Fremd stops Stevenson

* Protesters continue die-in at US Rep. Rand...
* Jim Walz Will Challenge Randy Hultgren for...
* PHOTOS: Protesters stage die-in at Randy H...
* US Rep. Randy Hultgren's office the scene ...
* Second Democrat announces bid to unseat Hu...
* Sweet: Hultgren, Roskam, Kinzinger avoid b...
* Local Republicans, Democrats praise appoin...
* Lester: Suburban lawmaker says he knew Com...
* House GOP takes first steps to undo financ...
* Teacher raised in Yorkville running agains...

* Wal-Mart beats JPMorgan again as GOP keeps......

* Congressional Budget Office: House bill to......

* Republicans call on AG Madigan to enforce balanced budget requirement
* Akin: New Report Shows Personal Injury Lawyers Gaming the System for Profit
* Terence Davies discusses the passions behind his latest film, A Quiet Passion
* Vocal-forward Chicago new-music group Fonema Consort celebrates its second album Saturday
* Tell your Illinois state representative to vote no on pension theft. I did. Will Guzzardi responds.
* In Jefferson Park the opposition isn’t about density. Here is a test about the issue of density: What ward do the richest people in Chicago live in and how does it compare in density to the ward where the poorest people in Chicago live?
* Mainstreet offers RPAC headshot incentive to REALTORS® in June
* Another trio celebrated at June 6 ROTY banquet
* Beachwood Photo Booth: American Spring
* Dalessandro leads Region 7 Caucus meeting

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* Android Wear 2.0 getting out to Moto 360 (2015) now, Moto 360 Sport later
* Playing the hardware lottery with the Galaxy S8 (Video)
* Nexus lawsuit update: 5X dropped, 6P pushed on
* Last stock of OnePlus 3T runs out June 1 in Europe
* Join Talk Android as its assistant video editor!
* Android co-founder Andy Rubin will introduce Essential’s first phone on May 30
* Tips for mastering Magikarp Jump, the next Pokémon masterpiece