* This e-mail was received by a public schools official…
From: Christina Hibbert
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 2:33 PM
Subject: State Fair invite
My name is Christina Hibbert, and I am hoping you will stop by and see me at the Coors Light tent at the State Fair Wednesday, August 17. I have a VIP bag, which includes a T-shirt, beer tickets, can coozie, etc., specially for you!
I am the Government Affairs Outreach Coordinator for Illinois Policy. We are an independent research and education organization that generates public policy solutions aimed at promoting personal freedom and prosperity in Illinois. We would like to connect with you to learn about issues you face as a local official. Our goal is to target policies to help you flourish and better serve taxpayers.
Please RSVP by calling or texting me at xxx-xxx-xxxx to be added to the list of VIPs and include your T-shirt size. Your VIP bag will be ready for you when you arrive.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your service. I look forward to hearing from you!
Government Affairs Outreach Coordinator
Illinois Policy Institute/Illinois Policy Action
* Selfie opportunities, yes, but not as much free stuff at elected officials’ fair tents
* Gov. Rauner says he’s reviewing all options for private fundraising for state fairgrounds
* Illinois State Fair cleanup mostly completed after flooding
* Illinois State Fair cancels Monday truck and tractor pulls