* From Doug House, the president of the Illinois Democratic County Chairmen’s Association…
Rich, last night the IDCCA held an executive board meeting and voted to set a date of Saturday October 7th at 11:30am to conduct a vote for an endorsement for Governor at our general membership meeting. My statement is attached.
* His statement…
Why I will cast my vote for JB Pritzker for the IDCCA endorsement for Governor and why I am urging the other Chairmen and Democrats across the State of lllinois to do the same.
I was elected president of the IDCCA in 2015 on a platform based on my personal commitment to take back the governor’s office in 2018. I have worked tirelessly to achieve that goal. A year ago, I asked the 102 Democratic County Chairmen of our statewide organization to be patient and to wait before endorsing, to allow for a formal vetting to take place. It was important that we get to know our candidates and for them to get to know us and see what our counties across Illinois look like and to feel the pain that has been inflicted upon our residents by this Republican governor and his Alt Right administration, but I believe we have now seen enough.
I have spent a great deal of time with many of the candidates, watched them interact with the public, studied their positions, and reviewed their preparations to become our next governor.
Only JB Pritzker has demonstrated all of the following attributes that will help him WIN;
* Temperament: JB is even tempered and does his homework, he comes prepared every day, and he is in his element while campaigning.l describe him as “A Happy Warrior for the People.”
* Strong Message: JB shares our core values of a financially strong Illinois, healthcare for all, and JB has a record of standing up against social injustices to all: workers, women, people of color, LBGTQ, immigrants, disabled, the young and the old.
* Broad Based Support: JB has shared his progressive vision of empowerment and independence and it is being embraced across our state.
* Organizational Growth: JB has built out a campaign infrastructure that will withstand the test of a race that already has national attention and national implications.
It is important as the primary approaches that people who identify themselves as Democrats know who their leadership believes will give them the best opportunity to get our state back on track and restore it to the shining example of economic opportunity and financial stability it once enjoyed.
While other candidates are to be commended for stepping forward, only JB Pritzker has generated the excitement around a progressive message, intensely and constantly engaged our common opponent, and demonstrated the ability to mount the comprehensive statewide campaign that will be required to win. It is for these reasons that I will enthusiastically cast my vote and ask others to do same for an IDCCA endorsement of JB Pritzker for Governor.
It probably didn’t help matters when Chris Kennedy left House’s Labor Day event in the Quad Cities before he was scheduled to speak. I got a few text messages and calls about how House wasn’t pleased. But, then again, this thing has probably been baked in for a while.