Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » *** UPDATED x1 - Biss responds *** Humanizing the candidate
*** UPDATED x1 - Biss responds *** Humanizing the candidate

Wednesday, Dec 6, 2017

* This is quite good…

*** UPDATE *** Press release…

In response to JB Pritzker’s “Up Close & Personal with JB” video, Daniel Biss asked a question of his own, calling out Prtizker for the continued questions swirling around his usage of offshore tax havens to avoid paying his fair share of taxes.

class=”twitter-tweet” data-lang=”en”>

I have a question—which is your favorite offshore trust fund? #twill https://t.co/Wo81zmWcmw

— Daniel Biss (@danielbiss) December 6, 2017

JB Pritzker isn’t the only billionaire candidate running for governor in Illinois who has a history of using offshore accounts to shift their tax burden to working families. During his time as a chairman of private equity firm GTCR, Bruce Rauner had a stake in several Cayman Islands-based investment pools. He’s falsely claimed to have placed his assets into a “blind trust” but it’s been repeatedly demonstrated that isn’t the case.

The only way for both Pritzker and Rauner to earn the trust of Illinois voters is to release their full tax returns as Daniel Biss did more than 8 months ago.

69 Comments »
  1. - Blue dog dem - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:16 pm:

Whats with the clothes these billionaires wear?

2. - Cheryl44 - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:16 pm:

Dear Bruce,

That’s how you do human. Not the costumes, not the prop vehicles, not the dropping the final g.

3. - Gooner - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:18 pm:

I agree with others. This is very good. It definitely humanizes the guy.

4. - Piece of Work - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:18 pm:

So a guy who has 7 times the wealth of Rauner can pull that off, but Bruce can’t?

Pretty much anybody can pull that off.

5. - Texas Red - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:19 pm:

All the world’s indeed a stage
    And we are merely players
    Performers and portrayers
    Each another’s audience
    Outside the gilded cage

6. - buffalo soldier - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:19 pm:

“Favorite concert?” A good light personal question.

“Grammy or Oscar?” Another fun personal question!

“What’s it worth working with Julianna?”

Something every Illinoisan wants to know… I guess?

7. - A guy - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:19 pm:

Aside from Frederick Flintstone, it occurs to me Oliver Platt could stand in for him. This is an interesting and cool ad. First really good one from him.

8. - Dave Dahl - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:19 pm:

Since he opened the door … “Ginger or Mary Ann?”

9. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:20 pm:

Won’t play on my gadget. Any Vin Scullys out there to give the play-by-play?

10. - Ron Burgundy - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:22 pm:

Plus for humanizing him. Not sure about that vest though.

11. - Anon312 - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:22 pm:

I’m going to vote for the first candidate who signs a pledge never to wear one of those ridiculous vests. Who’s with me?

12. - paddyrollingstone - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:23 pm:

I was impressed by that. If the election comes down to who you’d want to have a beer with, JB wins hands down.

13. - Christopher - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:25 pm:

I’ll give Mr. Pritzker my vote, and as others sometimes do here, I will grade that an A.

14. - PublicServant - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:25 pm:

Word,

It’s like an ambush interview with the reporter asking him “off-the-cuff” questions “What’s you favorite concert?” … “TV Show of all time” …, and hey, he likes the same things we do…He becomes a regular guy genuinely, without props, like the garbage van, carhartts, and the Harley.

15. - PublicServant - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:29 pm:

The interview finishes off with questions about his running mate, and why he’s running for governor…”because everything that I care about, everything that we care about, is under siege by Bruce Rauner and Donald Trump”.

16. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:29 pm:

Except, my only beef is the Steve Miller Band and the Eagles was his favorite concert of all time?

Dude needs to update a bit. And, yes, that’s a Lebowski reference.

17. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:30 pm:

Thanks, PS.

18. - Keyser Soze - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:32 pm:

Rich: What’s your favorite concert of all time?

19. - Ron Burgundy - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:32 pm:

Looks like a Brooks Brothers men’s quilted vest - $298.

20. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:34 pm:

=== What’s your favorite concert of all time? ===

Probably Wilco.

21. - Texas Red - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:34 pm:

it seemed real and rather unscripted until the interviewer asked about Juliana.

22. - Responsa - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:37 pm:

B. Good ad. Only seriously cringe-worthy part was the cool- uncool Juliana exchange. Waay too treacle-ly.

23. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:37 pm:

===Brooks Brothers men’s quilted vest - $298. ===

He can afford it. lol

24. - PublicServant - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:39 pm:

Gotta be the Foreigner Concert in Rockford for me.

Urgent - Best Sax Solo EVER

25. - Confused - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:41 pm:

Isn’t this the exact same video the House GOP has been doing all fall with reps? JS…..

26. - Curl of the Burl - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:44 pm:

His vest is missing some flair. I believe the minimum is 15 pieces.

27. - Curl of the Burl - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:45 pm:

312 - not a bad idea for a pledge. Dan Biss would look silly in a vest.

28. - Gruntled University Employee - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:47 pm:

Any of the Bottle Rockets living room shows I’ve been to. 50 people max, all acoustic and all requests. I gave up on Wilco when they fired Jay Bennet.

29. - Lucky Pierre - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:49 pm:

Pull it off? It is obviously edited and he is wearing a life preserver.

30. - Don Gerard - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:50 pm:

@Rich Miller
    Which’s WILCO? 1.0?

=== What’s your favorite concert of all time? ===

Probably Wilco.

31. - Montrose - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:55 pm:

This shows what JB really has going for him. He is a likable, personable guy. He comes across as very down to earth. I think commercials like this will really help him.

32. - Gooner - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:57 pm:

Lucky P, you really are upset about the Trump reference?

Wow, you need to lighten up.

Trump is an incredibly unpopular guy. Every Democrat is going to mention Trump.

The GOP voted for the guy. This is the consequence.

Next time, do a better job in the primaries.

33. - @MisterJayEm - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:57 pm:

=== What’s your favorite concert of all time? ===

Probably Wilco

After all these years, lineup and stylistic changes, Wilco covers a lot of ground — which tour, Rich?

– MrJM

34. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 1:59 pm:

Dammit. He’s making it hard to dislike him.

35. - Arsenal - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:02 pm:

==Aside from Frederick Flintstone, it occurs to me Oliver Platt could stand in for him.==

I heard “the big guy from Modern Family” a couple weeks ago, which I don’t *entirely* see, but kinda.

36. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:03 pm:

Best concert: Bob Dylan @U of I

Worst concert : Bob Dylan @ State Fairgrounds.

37. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:04 pm:

===which tour, Rich? ===

October, 2002, Foellinger Auditorium, University of Illinois. Setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/wilco/2002/foellinger-auditorium-university-of-illinois-urbana-il-1bd2e968.html

38. - Lucky Pierre - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:04 pm:

No I am not upset about the Trump reference but it is telling that JB only mentions that in addition to the obvious Rauner reference.

He doesn’t want a single underutilized Chicago school to close, cut any spending, oppose the unions or trial lawyers in any way, advocate for any reforms for business or change any Madigan policy.

Voila, once the wealthy pay their fair share despite his hypocrisy, Illinois will magically be fixed.

That is what I am concerned about.

39. - Christopher - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:04 pm:

- Arsenal -

Eric Stonestreet? Nah, no resemblance.

40. - Arsenal - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:05 pm:

==He can’t forget to include the Trump reference, it sure beats messy policy proposals that require specifics to confuse voters with.==

You are pretty clearly demonstrating how much the Trump references bother Team Superstar, and should expect them to continue.

==If the election comes down to who you’d want to have a beer with, JB wins hands down.==

He’s got a good retail politics demeanor that I think will wear will over the long campaign. But I think the “Who would you rather have a beer with?” test is overrated as a predictor.

41. - Montrose - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:06 pm:

“Pull it off? It is obviously edited and he is wearing a life preserver.

He can’t forget to include the Trump reference, it sure beats messy policy proposals that require specifics to confuse voters with.”

Are you in any way, shape, or fashion able to evaluate an ad like this objectively? Every comment doesn’t need to be another push for your candidate, you know.

42. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:08 pm:

===Are you in any way, shape, or fashion able===

No. It’s a bot.

Notice that LP never comments on “fun” posts. Just repeats him/herself over and over and over and over.

43. - Arsenal - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:10 pm:

==October, 2002, Foellinger Auditorium, University of Illinois.==

Oh snap, I was at that same concert. I didn’t actually know Wilco at the time, but my friend said, “You have a messenger bag, you should like Wilco.”

44. - Reaganing - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:11 pm:

45. - Arsenal - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:11 pm:

==He doesn’t want a single underutilized Chicago school to close==

Well, your guy can go ahead and run on schools closing and see how that works.

46. - JoanP - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:16 pm:

Best concert? Tough.

Probably the New Orleans Social Club & Friends at Millennium Park, two years after Katrina. Irma Thomas and Koko Taylor on the same stage at the same time. Talk about pitching a whang-dang-doodle.

47. - Arsenal - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:17 pm:

==Whatever else you may think of Pritzker, I cannot imagine Gov. Rauner pulling off something like that.==

As I recall, his “humanizing touches” were all about showing off how he owns some Poor Stuff.

48. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:18 pm:

–Am I the only one who thinks, no matter which candidate or legislator does this, that these videos are awkward and unbelievably cheese?–

I think they try this stuff out on video to see if they have the makings of a decent spot. This one sure ain’t soup yet.

49. - Curl of the Burl - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:20 pm:

Rich - that would be a good question for Friday:

“Best concert you’ve attended”

Bonus question:

“If you’ve seen your favorite band play more than once what was there best show?”

50. - MacombMike - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:33 pm:

How do you do, fellow kids?

51. - Iggy - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 2:47 pm:

Kinda hard to watch. In that I got a little sick trying to follow the bouncing screen. But I get it, shot on the iPhone, JBs on the move heading to important meetings. I will just say that these videos are cringey regardless of who is doing them. And I am so glad that Rauner hasn’t done one of these like a few house GOP reps. I think I was happier before I knew what the one item David Olsen could not live without.

52. - CatAttack - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 3:02 pm:

Good idea…but he still doesn’t have a reason to be running? I hate Trump and Rauner too…does that make me qualified to be governor?

53. - dbk - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 3:07 pm:

Technically this is down in the minor leagues, but boy, does he come across like a real human being.

And that bit about the gov and the pres - well, they are against everything JB and Dems stand for, aren’t they? He’s not allowed to mention this not insignificant fact?

54. - Just Observing - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 3:08 pm:

=== It’s like an ambush interview with the reporter asking him “off-the-cuff” questions ===

Except its not a reporter, it’s a campaign staff person or hire, asking rehearsed questions.

55. - Arsenal - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 3:11 pm:

==I hate Trump and Rauner too…does that make me qualified to be governor?==

Collect the signatures for an indy run and find out, I guess.

56. - Grandson of Man - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 3:14 pm:

It’s okay. Pritzker doesn’t seem to be the “hippest” person around, but then again who am I to judge?

What I would like to eventually see is Pritzker doing a video saying he’s a venture capitalist and doesn’t purposely put on phony working class costumes to fool people, like Rauner does.

57. - Cheryl44 - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 3:31 pm:

Mavis Staples at a WTTW fundraiser. She walked through the crowd singing. We sang along. It was great.

58. - Glengarry - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 3:38 pm:

Chris Cornell acoustic is my favorite.

59. - Gooner - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 3:44 pm:

Biss looks petty with that response. He is starting to just be an annoyance in this race.

He continues to disappoint.

I’m sure is crew worked for hours on that one, but it just doesn’t work.

J.B. looks human. Biss looks like somebody you want to avoid.

60. - Sigh - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 3:46 pm:

===Pull it off? It is obviously edited and he is wearing a life preserver.===

Lucky P,
    Since Bruce isn’t in charge and you seem loyal, can you make sure to pack some life preserves for him? Sounds like he might need a few based on the 2018 forecast.

61. - Curl of the Burl - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 3:47 pm:

Dan Biss is too robotic. I’m not a J.B. fan but it’s cool hearing him answer regular questions (albeit staged). Biss just goes right over the top (as always) and takes himself way too seriously.

What does Biss listen to - podcasts of math lectures?

62. - TKMH - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 4:02 pm:

I have a question for Biss - how are you polling?

63. - FDB - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 4:07 pm:

I would love to see Biss try a humanizing video. Saw him speak at an education forum a few weeks ago, good god whoever engineered that man needs to get him in for an oil change.

64. - FDB - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 4:08 pm:

Also, not a huge JB fan but this is well done. He does seem to be rather personable which no doubt comes from the childhood trauma he lived through. Starting to slowly believe he could beat Rauner (that’s not much of a benchmark)

65. - Curl of the Burl - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 4:09 pm:

FDB - yes (exclamation point).

“Robot Biss”

Even when he is discussing a passionate matter on the Senate floor he sounds as though he is telling students not to forget about Friday’s algebra quiz.

66. - truthbetold - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 4:12 pm:

Talking Heads at Poplar Creek on the Stop Making Sense tour in ‘83. I see a lot of music every year, and that is still my favorite.
    2nd - Janis Joplin at the Auditorium in 1969 or 70
    3rd - Cage the Elephant at Lollapalooza in 2017

67. - old time golfer - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 4:35 pm:

-FDB- That commercial about his traumatic childhood up bringing was pulled for a purpose. I for one, would have loved it if my parents were billionaires. Somehow I think my siblings and I would have dealt with such a sad dilemma.
    lets hope we all can get past the two billionaires and the tough upbringing they had.
    You want to see trauma and tough up bringing, spend some time in the inner city of Chicago or down in East St Loius. Now those kids know trauma.

68. - Juvenal - Wednesday, Dec 6, 17 @ 4:40 pm:

Daniel Biss should stop listening to the advice of whomever is telling him he ought to be barking at Pritzker every single day.

When every sunrise heralds another news release attacking your opponent as a billionaire, your outrage starts to lose any authenticity.

Pritzker currently has millions invested in early childhood education in our schools, Dan. How much have you invested in Illinois?

And here’s a question: Whatever happened to Dan the Idea Man? Didn’t you promise us you would be dazzling us every day with innovative solutions to our state’s most vexing challenges? It seems like you haven’t announced a substantive policy idea since before the face plant with Alderman Rosa.

If you want folks to take you seriously as a candidate, start acting like a serious candidate. Give people something of substance to vote for, THEN you can peck away at Pritzker’s lead. You have to atleast develop some sort of cohesive base of support to carry your negative attacks for them to be effective. You have plenty of money, hire a communications staff that knows what they are doing. Time to reboot.

69. - DeseDemDose - Thursday, Dec 7, 17 @ 9:40 am:

Led Zeppelin, Chicago Stadium

TrackBack URI

Post your comment... And please take a half second to come up with a nickname. It makes following the posts easier for everyone... Thanks

In other words, do your best to be civilized and smart.

* Kennedy on Pritzker: "If that’s not tax cheating, I don’t know what is"
* Question of the day: Golden Horseshoe Awards
* Dick Simpson endorses Biss
* Because... Madigan!
* ILGOP talks about Berrios, DGA talks about Trump
* Open thread
* Ives, Pritzker slam Rauner on a wide range of topics
* McCarthy has more specifics about what he told Emanuel about the Laquan McDonald shooting and when
* Rauner releases new digital ad "Nightmare for Illinois"
* Dodge says Rauner is doing what he can "to put Illinois on the right track"
* Biss crows about straw poll result
* Rauner piles on Claypool
* Lynn Sweet nails it on the Durbin-Duckworth endorsement of Pritzker
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Berrios runs TV ad attacking Democratic primary opponent Kaegi

* One year in, Future Energy Jobs Act on pace to .....
* Illinois consumers share in $36M CRT television.....
* Rauner Shops and Talks Economic Development in .....
* Moran: Celebrating all things Illinois despite .....
* Slowik: Southland homeowners feel impact of Coo.....
* Attack ads from Bruce Rauner, Joe Berrios heat .....
* New Report On Medicaid Overhaul - MyWabashValley..
* One year in, Future Energy Jobs Act on pace to .....
* Kennedy on Pritzker: “If that's not tax cheatin.....
* From the Recesses of My Mind - ChicagoNow (blog)..

* Mystery runner helps save Illinois mayor from frozen lake
* Runner helps save Illinois mayor who fell into frozen lake
* Chicago man charged in phony scheme against energy company
* Decatur hospice patient treated to makeover, day on town
* Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in Illinois
* Scott Air Force base commander relieved of command
* Illinois man sentenced in fatal shooting of SEMO student
* Evidence hearing ends in pipeline protest shooting case
* Authorities: Woman, 77, killed by dog in suburban Chicago
* Authorities: Woman, 77, killed by dog in suburban Chicago

* Westerfield, Hicks, Senor among candidates hit with petition objections
* Fact check: Did Rauner or Pritzker release more tax info?
* Objections filed to candidate petitions
* Illinois' legislative conflicts law could be better, official says
* Rauner’s ‘I'm not in charge’ may haunt bid
* Rauner's office pushed appointing monitor he now criticizes
* Rauner recommended appointment of monitor he now criticizes
* Durbin, Duckworth endorse Pritzker for governor
* Illinois data show spike in illegal prison hooch
* GOP lawmaker demands proof or apology for Rauner contract claim

* Chicago money manager indicted on fraud charges
* Bitcoin futures may offer no way out
* The next bitcoin enterprise in Chicago: Mining the cryptocurrency
* Some glitches seen in deadline week for Obamacare sign-ups

* Alabama voters deciding whether Moore ‘a pedophile’ or ‘honorable man’
* Bears’ Mitch Trubisky has been best ‘where the QBs make their money’
* Judge urged to alter or reject $38.75M red-light, speed cam settlement
* EDITORIAL: Four ways to fix police contract and avoid another Englewood Four
* 2 carjackings reported in Irving Park
* 130th Street Bridge closed for repairs until Dec. 20
* Judge to Dennis Hastert: Stay away from porn, sex phone numbers
* 25-year-old man critically wounded in Austin drive-by shooting
* Aurora man gets 2 years for manufacturing, selling steroids
* Retired Devin Hester, on if he deserves Hall of Fame nod: ‘Absolutely’

* 1 dead, 3 wounded in shootings across Chicago
* Devin Hester retires: 'Hopefully next time I see y’all it’ll be in Canton'
* Teen high on meth at time of fatal Naperville crash, prosecutors say
* Trump signs $700 billion military budget into law
* Cube high school boys basketball rankings, Dec. 11
* White Sox manager Rick Renteria thinking ahead to 2018 lineup
* Decision day arrives in Alabama after long, bitter Senate campaign
* 30,000-square-foot rooftop restaurant and bar will crown new Navy Pier hotel
* Tougher restrictions imposed on former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert
* Carol Stream police to try new drug test for high drivers; roadside screens likely to come

» Protesters Disrupt Meeting, Call For Palos Trustee To Quit Over ‘Racist’ Comments
» Chicago Hospital First To Sue Over Bad Rating
» Cook County Republican Files For Illinois Treasurer Seat
» Chicago To Pay $31 Million To 4 Wrongly Convicted For Rape, Murder
» Court: 'Making A Murderer' Defendant's Confession Stands
» State Week: Rauner 'Not In Charge'? Pritzker Hiding Money?
» Chicago Schools Chief Forrest Claypool To Resign
» CPS CEO Forrest Claypool Resigns, Janice Jackson Taking Over
» What’s Next For Chicago Schools Chief Accused Of A 'Cover-Up And Lies?'
» Disposition Of Remains Law Donates Bodies To Science

* Marc Thiessen: Republicans know this tax is an 'abomination,' so why is it still in their bill?
* Westerfield, Hicks, Senor among candidates hit with petition objections
* Fact check: Did Rauner or Pritzker release more tax info?
* Objections filed to candidate petitions
* George Will: How long will Congress remain a bystander regarding war?
* Illinois' legislative conflicts law could be better, official says
* Angie Muhs: Save the date for governor's race primary debates
* Bernard Schoenburg: Houlihan tells Biss to not give GOP ammunition
* Statehouse Insider: State pension debt went down? A teeny bit
* Bernard Schoenburg: Houlihan: Don't give GOP ammunition

* Man charged in joyride that caused $14K in damage at courthouse
* Mayor Henry in State of the City address: It's time to 'boldly envision a brighter future'
* Cahokia man was hit on head before his body was found in burning home, coroner says
* If you’re looking for a good steak, head to this Collinsville bar
* How to keep your real tree fresh and festive for Christmas
* Here's how Trackside in Collinsville makes its blooming onion
* SIUC alumnus Tilden “Tim” Parks donates $1.3 million for student scholarships
* Still need to send gifts and cards for Christmas? Here’s how long you’ve got.
* No foul play considered in fatal fire
* Man’s body reportedly found in Springfield

* Lake Zurich 95 LEGO League students to show off wares
* Batavia bank robbed; suspect arrested in Yorkville
* Tillerson softens US stance on possible talks with NKorea
* Longtime Downers Grove North teacher resigns after sexual harrassment allegation
* Franken back at Senate job despite soon-to-gone status

* Our Reps: Randy Hultgren Sides With Party ...
* Hultgren, Roskam help deliver tax bill for...
* US lawmakers to Duterte: 'Sovereignty does...
* Lawmakers urge House, Senate leaders not t...
* GOP House members back a bit of gun contro...
* Slew of suburban Democrats seek to challen...
* Dissident artist Ai Weiwei and US Rep. Ran...
* Naperville's Lauren Underwood to run for R...
* This RSS feed URL is deprecated
* High school football: Randy Hultgren lauds...

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated...
* Trump Defeats Democrats 'Amnesty-or-Shutdo......

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated...
* Tammy Duckworth Slams Trump Over Tweet, Ca......

* Because to the Chicago Tribune Nazis and lesbians are exactly the same thing.
* Rahm on Colbert.
* The writer-director of White Men Can’t Jump returns to put you to sleep
* BPN Seeks Block Captains to Help Community Awareness
* A challenge that any candidate may welcome: In Their Own Words
* The [Wednesday] Papers
* Cesspool’s corruption and lies? It was the teacher union’s fault.
* Berrios’ dirty tricks. They challenged my signature on a Fritz Kaegi petition. They picked the wrong guy.
* Help Fritz Kaegi stay on the Cook County ballot. Stop the Berrios dirty tricks.
* Challenging times ahead for some judicial candidates

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* Apple Bolsters Video Team With Hires From Hulu and Legendary Entertainment
* AT&T Passport program offers 1GB of international data for $60
* Deals Reminder: Gazelle Has $25 Off All Apple Products and Free Shipping for Christmas Through December 13
* To fix SoundCloud, it must become the anti-Spotify